AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: confusion over gundam...

Junior Member apfmh is just really nice apfmh is just really nice apfmh is just really nice apfmh is just really nice apfmh's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-16-2010 03:24 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default confusion over gundam...

are they ALL a part of one another or separate series!?
    im downloading gundam SEED, and gundam wing [they're not anything to do with one another right?] but i''ve just seen a bunch more in this section..are they related or..?
    sorry if this seems a silly question, but i just don't know! and i wanna download the right stuff

Cardinal of Eden Vital Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia's Avatar
    Gil
    Depressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-13-2011 05:18 PM
    Threads

Related like all connected? They all have different characters and stories for the most part. Some of them have stories that are the same or follow each other. Like Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny or Gundam 00 and Gundam 00 Season 2. But usually, they don't really.
    If I didn't understand what you were asking, I'm stupid.

I have recently transformed into a defender of the mentally ill. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Senior Member The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-23-2011 08:57 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: goku100107

Some are connected,like many Gundam's that are connected to Char's Counter Attack.

Gundam shows like,G,Wing,and 00 are separate.

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Quote Originally Posted by apfmh View Post
    are they ALL a part of one another or separate series!?
    im downloading gundam SEED, and gundam wing [they're not anything to do with one another right?] but i''ve just seen a bunch more in this section..are they related or..?
    sorry if this seems a silly question, but i just don't know! and i wanna download the right stuff
    First and foremost, I'm just going to say that I am not the biggest supporter of people downloading anime from random places. I'll just say that right now. No offense to you.

To answer your question, not all of the Gundam series are connected to each other. Mobile Suit Gundam is separate from Mobile Fighter G Gundam which is separate from from Gundam Wing and so on and so forth. Usually the only time that they are connected is if they take place in the same universe. In order (not counting SD Gundam or unknown) they are: Universal Colony, Future Century, After Colony, After War, Correct Century, Cosmic Era and Anno Domini (yes, I actually memorized this because I am a nerd).

For example, Gundam Wing takes place in the After Colony universe while Gundam SEED takes places in the Cosmic Era. Because of this, they are not related. However, both Zeta Gundam and Gundam ZZ take place in the Universal Colony universe, so they ARE related (direct sequels, actually).

Note: while being in the same universe shows a relation, that doesn't mean that they are sequels or related to a particular storyline.
    Last edited by wolfgirl90; 03-21-2010 at 03:16 PM.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

There are several Gundam timelines. Each timeline is separate from the others, but the series within each timeline are related (as they are on the same timeline).

The original Gundam timeline is the Universal Century; the first UC show was the original Mobile Suit Gundam, which aired in 1979. The timeline starts from the fictional year UC 0079, and the story of a ragtag group of civilians forced to become soldiers during the One Year War. This is considered one of the definitive mecha anime, and created the "Real Robo" genre. This is similar to Japan what Star Wars is to the US. Non-UC timelines are usually refered to as "alternate universes".

Universal Century consists of:
    Mobile Suit Gundam [1979]
    Mobile Suit Gundam (3 film remakes) [1981-82]
    Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket [1989]
    Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team [1996-99]
    Mobile Suit Gundam: MS IGLOO [2004]
    Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory [1991-92]
    Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam [1985-86]
    Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ [1986-87]
    Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack [1998-99]
    Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn [2010]
    Mobile Suit Gundam F91 [1991]
    Mobile Suit Victory Gundam [1993-94]

The first non-UC timeline was the Future Century, which was started in 1994. It consists only of Mobile Fighter G Gundam.

The second alternative universe was the After Colony universe, which consists of New Mobile Report Gundam W [1995-96], and New Mobile Report Gundam W: Endless Waltz [1997].

The third alternative universe was the After War universe, which consists only of After War Gundam X [1996].

The fourth alternate universe was the Correct Century universe, consisting of Turn A Gundam [1999-2000].

The fifth alternate universe was the Cosmic Era, which consisted of:
    Mobile Suit Gundam SEED [2002-03]
    Mobile Suit Gundam SEED MSV: Astray [2002-03]
    Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny [2004-05]
    Mobile Suit Gundam SEED C.E. 73: Stargazer [2006]

The sixth alternate universe was Anno Domini universe, consisting of:
    Mobile Suit Gundam 00 [2007-09]
    Mobile Suit Gundam 00 The Movie: A wakening of the Trailblazer [2010, upcoming]

Of course, there is also a substantial amount of novels and manga written about any of the various Gundam universes, especially UC. There are dozens of canon light-novels written about the periods between different series and expanding on different series of the UC universe.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Junior Member apfmh is just really nice apfmh is just really nice apfmh is just really nice apfmh is just really nice apfmh's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-16-2010 03:24 AM
    Threads

think i get it now, thanks guys!
    i must admit i love to download,but i always buy the series if its good and ive got the money to spend.
    cheers guys.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information