AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Thread: Project Cantelope

Threaded View

Senior Member Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2017 04:54 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default Project Cantelope

I'm tired of my old signature styles that faded out of popularity years ago (grunge). I use C4D's pretty clumsily, and my signatures have issues with balance, from what I can self-criticize anyways. So to get back into Photoshop, and hopefully have some fun while I'm at it, I'm going to challenge myself to change from expressionist to minimalist art styles in signatures.

Well, not really minimalism per se, I'm just aiming to make cleaner sigs, instead of the cluster of effects that I see a trend of in my signature tags.

Why signatures? Because I realize now that no matter how much I gripe about it not being real art, I think signatures are the most fun to make (no time commitment, don't have to think about things like deeper meanings, I'm not a real artist no matter how much I pretend to be etc. etc.)

Anyways, moving on......

THE GOAL

Tags that have inspired me, and styles which I hope to be able to apply to my own art at the end of this personal project.

Everything by Balance (Thread), who I consider the MASTER of making minimalism look good

Everything by .Lovebeat (Thread)
    and now the style that I'm trying to get away from....

My Old Crap

I'm not trying to ABANDON my style, if you're about to accuse me of trying to become a sheep, but I'm trying to actively challenge myself to step outside of my comfort zone, take risks, and hopefully 20 pages of this later, I'll be able to look through this chronicle, and if the project was successful, I'll be able to see growth.

Hmm, although to be honest, I kind of like some of my old stuff, even though the last four are over 2 years old.

ANYWAYS, HERE I GO

You know the rules, no cursing or censoring are allowed on the forums. Also no double posting, but I'll let it slide this time, because it serves a purpose.
    Last edited by UrusaiSevera; 12-10-2009 at 07:14 AM.

Thread Information