AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Project Cantelope

Riding Dirty Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-20-2014 10:43 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Awesome vector tag :O The color scheme looks really good too.
    Kinda reminds me of Lovebeat's style for some reason though, heh.

Anyway, the vector on the left side seems awkward imo. The positioning of the vector blocks too much of the charming points of the character, the camo headphones. And then the vector's flow doesn't look natural to me. :/

I would probably re-do the vector and have it behind the character layer. Maybe clip-mask a little this and that (clipping repeated patterns/textures do great!) to the vector and help the character to pop out a little.

As Jagan said, work on it and give it some time, then it'll be quite awesome.

---
    Lol, so you were the one who made this!
    The sig is so gorgeous, I thought a really-really-really good sig artist did it some time ago! I could never quite find out who made it until now! xD

--
    page #2 woo!
    Last edited by Famahama; 01-24-2010 at 08:26 PM.
    Over-saturating since '07

Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Bamboo Cup
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2023 07:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Bump by request.

Happy posting. ^_^

Senior Member Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2017 04:54 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by FlashD View Post
    Bump by request.

Happy posting. ^_^
    Thx bbycakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Famahama View Post
    Awesome vector tag :O The color scheme looks really good too.
    Kinda reminds me of Lovebeat's style for some reason though, heh.

Anyway, the vector on the left side seems awkward imo. The positioning of the vector blocks too much of the charming points of the character, the camo headphones. And then the vector's flow doesn't look natural to me. :/

I would probably re-do the vector and have it behind the character layer. Maybe clip-mask a little this and that (clipping repeated patterns/textures do great!) to the vector and help the character to pop out a little.

As Jagan said, work on it and give it some time, then it'll be quite awesome.
    Thanks for the critique, when I go back to work on it again I'll keep your advice in mind.

---
    Lol, so you were the one who made this!
    The sig is so gorgeous, I thought a really-really-really good sig artist did it some time ago! I could never quite find out who made it until now! xD
    Sorry to let you down, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jagan Eye View Post
    I really like your latest sig, but in vector type sigs, I don't think that lighting effects really do them well. This sig seems like it needs to be flatter. I think you should probably add some brighter gradient maps and make the sig stand out. Also, I don't think you should used italicized text in the typography. It seems to not flow so well. I just think this sig needs a bit more time. It could be totally awesome.
    Yeah, by the time I realized the lighting effects weren't working for it, I was nearly ready to finish up and was too lazy to go back and fix everything. I'll try to work on it again, probably from scratch to try to make something at least decent looking. Thanks for the pointers.

----------------------------------------------------------------

And now, my once in a blue moon sigs; Ellipsis and I decided to have a little 'art' trade in chat. I'm sporting his gift right now, and I believe he's sporting mine.

I really like the way this turned out to be honest. Did I go overboard with the artificial lighting on her face and armor? Are the lines well-placed? Are the brush elements too random? I think it looks fantastic, but I'm in the creator-vision phase so I can't really see straight.

ALL comments and criticisms are appreciated, I like feedback! Lay it on me, don't be gentle!
    Last edited by Cantelope; 06-27-2010 at 04:21 PM.

4. Likes Meenah liked this post
    Senior Member Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Project Cantelope

Not really a signature but something I felt like complaining about recently

"I think it's good Cantelope, but the text leaves something to be desired lulz"

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

Ohaideadthread. I think it's pretty cool tbh. Ironically, that's a good use of typography. Post moar btw.

Senior Member Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 08:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Hyphen View Post
    Ohaideadthread. I think it's pretty cool tbh. Ironically, that's a good use of typography. Post moar btw.
    I agree with Hyphen but I kind of see why someone would consider typography important, for example don't you think Hyphen's Muse signature would go of lower value without the text? That text gives the signature a clearer meaning of the signature and that side would look kind of empty without it. Also if you mess up on the text a whole signature could go bad and if you want proof just look at some of my signatures.
    Last edited by Xeyuzio; 03-27-2011 at 12:58 AM.
    人類は調和したのか?
    VY2V3 = Me | Kagamine Len Act 1 = You

Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Xey Oiz View Post
    I agree with Hyphen but I kind of see why someone would consider typography important, for example don't you think Hyphen's Muse signature would go of lower value without the text?
    Nope.

Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Oh hey there, only been 8 months. Experimenting with several new ideas, not sure if I pulled it off like I wanted. Oh well.

Criticisms appreciated.
    Last edited by Cantelope; 11-22-2011 at 11:48 PM.

Senior Member Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 08:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Did you make the girl yourself, Cante, or did you vector her? Either way it's amazing, just needs to be a bit smaller.
    人類は調和したのか?
    VY2V3 = Me | Kagamine Len Act 1 = You

Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

No, the stock was already like that when I pulled it off danbooru. Also, it's gigantic on purpose; like I said, trying some new things.

Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

So I thought it'd be a good idea to make an entry for SOTW since the theme was freestyle and I'm in the mood, but I guess since I'm not on the list I can't enter (realized after I finished ofc). Whatever, couldn't decide on a border anyways, tried out 3 different ideas.

As always, criticisms appreciated.

Senior Member illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Art Tools
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2013 04:03 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: iLLyNada

Interesting style and choice of color. It works in this situation somewhat because blue and orange can complement one another. I've been watching your sigs recently and I think it's time you go a bit further out of your comfort zone and try something that has more depth and lighting. Because your two latest signatures now are all very flat and don't have as much contrast. That samus one does have some potential. Overall pretty decent work. Keep it up

Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Used some wire-mesh c4d for easy depth, and tried blurring and layering to give the illusion of a stretching distance. There's too many sharp edges so I couldn't quite pull off that smooth 3D-depth illusion that you probably wanted, and I was too lazy to burn and doge the image to enhance the lighting effects.

I might give it another shot later, but the flat, layered magazine look feels really nice right now because I truly loathe hunting for c4d packs.

and of course, as always, criticisms appreciated.

Senior Member illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Art Tools
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2013 04:03 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: iLLyNada

Used some wire-mesh c4d for easy depth, and tried blurring and layering to give the illusion of a stretching distance. There's too many sharp edges so I couldn't quite pull off that smooth 3D-depth illusion that you probably wanted, and I was too lazy to burn and doge the image to enhance the lighting effects.
    Having a 3D illusion does not have be done with C4Ds just for future reference ^^.
    As for signature, the yellow lines coming in seem random and and the direction of flow relative of the render I feel could have been better. Also, the wire frames on the bottom of the gundam doesn't really work out. You can look up deviantart as they have a lot of good C4D packs there.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information