AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: which one would you choose ?

Member randius is on a distinguished road randius's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-02-2012 01:03 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: which one would you choose ?

hmmm Kagome is annoying. I don't like evil ladies much but I'm going with Kikyou

Action: Naruto, Yu Yu Hakusho, Dragon Ball Z - Sports: Slam Dunk, Eye Shield 21 - Romance: Kare Kano
    Space: Captain Tylor - Comedy: Great Teacher Onizuka
    Facebook - MS

緑巫女 かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-24-2014 02:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: WTF?You kidding me?

I think this excerpt from the Tumblr Inuyasha account sums it up *perfectly* Please do take time to read it:

"Oh, REALLY now? Okay, everyone who thinks this — listen closely because I am going to give you hard, concrete evidence about how Inuyasha went about with his relationship with Kikyou.

A lot of people who view this opinion usually have only seen the anime. So, they see A LOT of Kikyou and Inuyasha’s past relationship. Especially with the “Tragic Love Song of Destiny” episodes. They see a “perfect, harmless, beautiful” relationship that was tragically torn away by an evil man. Thing is… those two “beautiful” episodes were non-canon. Rumiko did NOT create them… so, she obviously didn’t want their relationship viewed in that light.

Hence why she only gave us so little of Inuyasha and Kikyou’s past because it most likely didn’t last very long to begin with. So, here we start off with Inuyasha and Kikyou’s first meeting right after Kikyou is resurrected. Let’s take a look. Btw, I’m using all of this evidence from the manga version, and not the anime just to make it more official.
    So, even at chapter 49, here we have Inuyasha immediately telling Kikyou; “I’m not even dreaming about making you care about me. Not anymore.” (Click here) He explains to Kikyou that what is done; is done… even if the situation doesn’t make sense about that fateful day 50 years ago, he doesn’t care: he’s through with her. A chapter later, Kagome starts to suck her soul back from Kikyou. Inuyasha stays back to make sure Kagome is okay why Kikyou runs off. It isn’t until Inuyasha realizes she is gone that he goes after her… and what does he tell her once he catches up to Kikyou? “Kikyou, it cannot stay this way. Go back inside of Kagome.” (Click here)

BOOM. Inuyasha already is looking out for Kagome and is saying that he would rather Kikyou just go back. NOW: I ask all of you believers out their who believe that Inuyasha would have chosen Kikyou if she hadn’t died… why didn’t Inuyasha just stay with Kikyou? I know her clay body wasn’t the best option: but, he could have worked some kind of deal out? But, no… he was more worried about where Kagome was at and if she was getting back to her normal body. Kagome already had that much affect on him.
    Now, Inuyasha is faced with guilt. And, a lot of it. Kikyou says, “You dare ask me to die?” And, that sparks something inside of Inuyasha. Inuyasha is now with this beautiful girl who (aka Kagome) is slowly making him feel more confident in himself, and here is Kikyou: a dead, hallow clay-bodied woman sucking souls out of women to live. That is called survivors guilt. And, Inuyasha was infected with it once Kikyou was resurrected.
    And, a lot of these believers who just watch the anime, interpret Inuyasha’s guilt with love. That just because Inuyasha is checking up on Kikyou… he MUST be in love with her. That just because Inuyasha wants to protect Kikyou from their mortal enemy, Naraku… they MUST be in love. That just because they had a past love… they MUST still be in love. No. It’s called guilt and protection, and that is Inuyasha’s main motivation with Kikyou. Not “in love”. If he was in love with her, he would have left the second she was revived and travelled with her. But, no… he had Kagome. And he CHOSE to stay with Kagome.

Next point we go to is the meeting where Kikyou tries to drag Inuyasha to hell. A lot of people think he does this with Kikyou because he is madly in love. Well, that’s wrong. Because in Inuyasha’s mind… he thinks the only way to “make it up” to Kikyou, or “to feel what she is feeling” is to just die with her. He is still young, and he is ready to accept any consequences as long as it brings peace to his heart because he has such bad survivors guilt at this point. And, then Kikyou pulls HIM in for the kiss; and INUYASHA pulls AWAY from the kiss. And never once does he say, “I love you. I want to be with you.” He is just in a state of shock that she is still alive, is stealing souls of dead women, and he is ready to just take the leap with her. Or, is he?

As Inuyasha is being pulled to hell, Kagome notices right away that Inuyasha is under her spell. But, right when the spell is broken by Kagome: Inuyasha awakened and runs to save Kagome. (Much like he did in my first point) Kikyou is then appalled at his reaction and action to save Kagome. Kikyou then says, “Is that girl more precious to you then I am?” BAM. Right there. Even Kikyou notices Inuyasha’s actions. That Inuyasha ran to save Kagome over being with Kikyou There’s your answer right there, folks.

Furthermore, the scene shortly after this situation was OMITTED from the anime. Let’s take a closer look. In the anime, Kagome just says SIT and leaves. But, in the manga, a very important scene takes place where Inuyasha begins to explain the situation (very vaguely) to Kagome about how he currently feels. AND HERE IS THE IMPORTANT PART. (Click here to start reading)

Inuyasha explains to Kagome that it was hard for him to know that Kikyou was alive after everything with Naraku happened. Kagome asks him, “Why did you tell Kikyou you can’t stop thinking about her?!” And Inuyasha explains to Kagome… “After everything that has happened… how can I not think about it?” Kagome is blindsided. She knows he is right. No normal being would forget a person after something like THAT happened. Kagome understands. She then asks him one final question,

“Am I just Kikyou’s replacement?…”

BOOM. Right there, guys! Kagome asks the question you all have been wondering! But, the thing is… this part was taken out of the anime… so it’s only natural you guys wouldn’t know about it. Inuyasha responds VERY honestly and VERY maturely,

“Haven’t I told you over and over again, that you’re NOT?! Okay, yes, maybe in the beginning I thought he did look like her… But now I know YOU. To me, you are only YOU.

Ahh, what a very, very important moment for our beautiful couple, yes? It’s monumental. Right then and there Inuyasha lets Kagome know that he sees her as HER. If he wanted to be with Kikyou, he would have left with her on her soul collectors. But, he stayed with Kagome. So, you see… how can Kagome be such a replacement when he from the beginning of this 558 chapter series: Inuyasha has ALREADY chosen Kagome?
    Sunrise left that beautiful scene out mainly for the ratings and drama. They didn’t want Inuyasha’s character to develop THAT quickly and well. They still needed Inuyasha x Kikyou drama. The rest of the series is Inuyasha going after Kikyou solely because he cares about her.

But, protecting and loving can be two separate things. I want to protect A LOT of people in my life; but I’m not IN love with them… I just love them, you know? I would want to protect my mom and best friend from an evil demon like Naraku… but am I IN LOVE with my mom and best friend? No way.

And, Inuyasha carried IMMENSE guilt on his shoulders throughout the entire series for what happened between him and Kikyou and Naraku. So, he wanted to protect her as much as he could. But, he stayed by Kagome’s side for a reason — because he was in love with her. If he wanted Kikyou romantically, then he would have traveled with her instead from the very beginning or throughout the journey. But, he didn’t — he stayed with Kagome, on his own accord, for a reason. But, his speech at the end about what Kagome has taught him, and how Kagome makes him smile, laugh, have friends, made him strong, happy, and kind… that isn’t fake. Inuyasha meant that. Kikyou didn’t teach him any of that.

Inuyasha’s bond with Kagome is inseparable. The reason he runs back to her is to constantly check up on her because he feels guilty; and really does love her. He’s just not IN love with her. He makes a false promise to Kikyou during episode 47… but, that was because he had just found Naraku may be in love with Kikyou and that made him stick to his stomach. He wanted nothing more than to protect the ones around him because he had already lost so many people in life. He wanted to protect Kagome and Kikyou. But, he wasn’t in love with Kikyou. He just didn’t want one of the most badass villains in anime/manga history (Naraku) to get ahold of her and kill her again.

The manga makes the plot make more sense. And, it doesn’t stress on InuKik’ relationship like the anime did. It’s more straight-forward in the manga. At the end of episode 48, Inuyasha once again explains that he can’t forget about Kikyou: but he wants to BE WITH Kagome. Kagome needed a lot of reminding of that because of her insecurities and jealousy. In the end, Inuyasha stayed and continued to travel with Kagome because HE wanted to. No one held up Tessaiga to his head and said, “STAY WITH KAGOME.”

After Kikyou was pushed off of Mt. Hakurei, Inuyasha went looking for her because he wanted to see if she really was alive — if she escaped Naraku’s grasp. And, would YOU want to look for a friend who just died? Granted, he was an idiot for leaving Kagome alone for Kagura and the Infant to get her… but, he wasn’t going after Kikyou out of love — but rather to just check up on her. During their meetings after episode 48, Inuyasha doesn’t make any false promises to Kikyou — he is just straight up real and wants to check up on her because Kikyou refused to join the gang.

Even after Kagome saved Kikyou in the pool, Inuyasha told Kagome he wasn’t going to go after Kikyou — because as long as she was safe, that’s all he needed to know. Their meeting before Abi-hime was killed was so that Kikyou could give the bow to Kagome and Inuyasha could have another meeting with her. But, nothing romantic ever happened in them. Never, ever again.

Their meeting when Kikyou stole Midoriko’s remaining soul was all Naraku talk. And, that’s what their meetings became. And, Kikyou knew that. Everytime they met is what BECAUSE OF NARAKU. They didn’t kiss, they didn’t agree with go travel with one another, they didn’t say they loved one another. It was all Naraku and plans to destroy him, mainly.

Inuyasha stayed with her when Kagome when to Azusa because Kagome suggested it. Plus, Kikyou was on the verge of dying; and it was a life or death situation for Kikyou. She needed to be protected from the webs, or Naraku was going to get his hands on her. So, it was time to really put our foots forward save Kikyou. Too bad it was too late.
    The kiss at the end was merely a goodbye kiss. A kiss to seal off everything they had been through together, as two people who shared the fate once. The emotions were high, and everyone was feeling sorry for her. The moment was way too powerful for Rumiko to just let an embrace be enough — and even Kagome knew that one. Kagome knew it was nothing else but a goodbye kiss. He simply said he was sorry he couldn’t PROTECT Kikyou. Not that he couldn’t be in love with her. He had 300 chapters to CHOOSE Kikyou and travel with her to protect her. But, why didn’t he? Because he was with Kagome and was in love with Kagome.

The Kaou incident was different. Kaou was using the guilt Inuyasha still felt from Kikyou’s death to control him. “The woman you love the most” was a trick to really try and steal his soul. He was having hallucinations of Kikyou in the afterlife because of the spell; but who broke him from the spell? Kagome. And, it was because of Kagome that Kaou didn’t devour him completely. Inuyasha realized a lot after that meeting — and never again would the guilt of not saving Kikyou from Naraku’s grasp inhabit within him. He was finally over it, thanks to Kagome. And, Rumiko NEEDED that arc to finally wrap it up. Because it wouldn’t make sense to just “have Inuyasa get over her death” so easily. She didn’t die of illness. She died at Naraku’s hand. AGAIN. And, he needed time to get over that again.

So, there you have it, folks. Cold, hard concrete proof that Kagome was just not Inuyasha’s second choice. I would love to discuss with anyone if they think they disagree with me. Just make sure to provide that hard evidence that is CANON from the manga. Otherwise it’s null and void.

Also, this was just an analysis to prove that Kagome just wasn’t second best. If you REALLY want to know how Inuyasha and Kagome’s relationship was LEGIT then just read this post I made the other day where I explain how beautiful and important their relationship is to one another and how Kagome literally saved Inuyasha. After you read that, you won’t think twice if Inuyasha loved Kikyou because it will be obvious that Kagome was the one for him."
    Last edited by かごめ; 01-18-2013 at 05:55 PM.
    I love Inuyasha character Kagome to death, but there are times I just want to beat the girl over the head with a 9 iron.

私は犬夜叉の妻である
    We all must fight; to protect, to survive, to keep alive what we believe in.

Banned Forum / Chat meganpu is on a distinguished road meganpu's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2013 01:51 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

kagome, of course. Kagome is brave and easy-going,and know how to compromise herself when she falls in love with inuyasha.

Banned Forum / Chat meganpu is on a distinguished road meganpu's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2013 01:51 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Kagome of course. I think kikyo has too many things to consider so her life is too hard

Junior Member kagome122885 is on a distinguished road kagome122885's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-22-2014 01:09 AM
    Threads

Kagome, for her bravery in dangerous situations, especially ones where she gets eaten!

Inside the belly of the Priestess Sealer in episode 98.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Inu-Yasha_Yossarian_61306.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	81709

Running through digestive juices to embrace InuYasha to purify the jewel shard, standing her ground as her feet get burned by the digestive juices in episode 167.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	167_113.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	81710

Junior Member marycosplay is on a distinguished road marycosplay's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-10-2014 10:24 PM
    Threads

Rin, if I can choose her, who speaks a lot after being saved by Sesshomaru.

Senior Member kristaok is on a distinguished road kristaok's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-11-2014 10:28 AM
    Threads

Kagome.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information