AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Borders is closing down

Senior Member TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2011 03:50 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Borders is closing down

Anybody else heard about this?
    It was a pretty good company now it is soon to be gone. The one I live near had a pretty good Manga section. It's Anime section used to be good but then they made it part of the world cinema and only put like 2 Anime DVDs in it.
    Bad news for anyone who has a voucher, they will accept but you need to pay the same amount in cash that you would pay with the voucher. With the closing down sale on a voucher may help if you plan to buy a few volumes of Manga but otherwise it is annoying.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

^^Still working on list, not every anime I has seen has been added yet.

"Why should people trust me? They don't have any reason to, yet. Distrust is human nature. Distrust creates doubt and doubt causes people to miss judge the intention of others. But people can change, can't they?"

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Is it all of them? I heard it was only B. Dalton, which is a division of it. It really sucks, man. It's all of those stupid kids that sit there and read books instead of buying them's fault. I really hope that they find a way to get out of the gutter before it's final. There are a few companies that can make it before they get out.

Saved Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices's Avatar
    Gil
    Bashful
    Gifts Telescope Baka Be Mine
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2014 10:13 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Well thankfully the borders in my town isnt closing. Oh and in case you're wondering if it's closing in your town:
    http://media.bordersstores.com/conte...losinglist.pdf

Sig by Feferi <3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2011 03:50 PM
    Threads

I thought it was all. They are in administration.
    I heard some might get taken over.
    Last edited by TheSplundPopper; 12-06-2009 at 06:26 PM. Reason: noticed post before this one revealed soe arent

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

^^Still working on list, not every anime I has seen has been added yet.

"Why should people trust me? They don't have any reason to, yet. Distrust is human nature. Distrust creates doubt and doubt causes people to miss judge the intention of others. But people can change, can't they?"

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Damn it! The one in my town is closing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Jameson View Post
    It's all of those stupid kids that sit there and read books instead of buying them's fault.
    I went to my local one yesterday to pick up the new volume of SZS, and there was 6 kids just standing/sitting there in the isle reading the manga. 3 reading Naruto, one reading Rosario+Vampire, one reading Ichigo 100%, and one girl who'd torn open the plastic wrapping to read some yaoi.

I hate those kids. But the stores never do anything about them.

The manga section grew exponentially between about 2000 and 2006, but with the higher rate of piracy and lack of people buying, it's steadily declined to about half the size it was in 2006...and it's all Naruto, Bleach, Fruits Basket, generic shoujo manga, and yaoi.

Also, I got carded when I bought the SZS volume. The hell?
    1. It's SZS. The worst thing that happens is the main character running around with a noose around his neck!
    2. I look damn older than 18...because...well...I am.
    On a related note, I was never carded for buying Saikano when I was 15, or Ghost in the Shell when I was 16, or Sundome recently. Serious fail there.
    Last edited by Gjallarhorn; 12-06-2009 at 06:41 PM.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I would at least look it over if it was good stuff. If I see a kid reading Apollo's Song, I might even offer to buy it for him or her. If I see a kid reading something that has little to no literary value, I just laugh and realize they're going to look back and say "I wasted my teenage years doing this?"

I bought volume four yesterday too. I walked out sad, because I knew it might be my last.

Is the bee's knees ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2010 04:55 AM
    Threads

I work at Barnes & Noble, so whatever.

Looks like it's mostly Walden Books. What's Borders Express? Some smaller form of Borders?
    Arm The Citizen
    Deserving Teeth

Wolley makes me things.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

On a related note, I was never carded for buying Saikano when I was 15, or Ghost in the Shell when I was 16, or Sundome recently. Serious fail there.
    They didn't let me buy Open Skies, Closed Minds (a really crappy book about aliens) but they let me buy Golgo 13. I don't have a Borders near me, but there's one in Santa Cruz, so it's not a huge blow to me. My B. Dalton is going to close by January so I'm going to buy every single manga and book I can get my hands on.

Rising Falcon! Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Present Gurren Kamina Glasses
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2017 11:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ErraticKyosuke

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Jameson View Post
    It's all of those stupid kids that sit there and read books instead of buying them's fault.
    It happens at the Barnes and Noble I work at too.
    I now know what hell sounds like; I recommend a tactical nuclear strike on my position. Tell my family I love them.

Senior Member Negi has a reputation beyond repute Negi has a reputation beyond repute Negi has a reputation beyond repute Negi has a reputation beyond repute Negi has a reputation beyond repute Negi has a reputation beyond repute Negi has a reputation beyond repute Negi has a reputation beyond repute Negi has a reputation beyond repute Negi has a reputation beyond repute Negi has a reputation beyond repute Negi's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-25-2018 03:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: saintalexial

The one in my home town isnt closing, but the one in my college town is. I just dont want to have to drive to the next biggest city to go get a few wanted books.
    I am too connected to you
    To slip away, fade away.
    Days away I still feel you
    Touching me, changing me,

Considerately killing me.

Senior Member Shwayze has a reputation beyond repute Shwayze has a reputation beyond repute Shwayze has a reputation beyond repute Shwayze has a reputation beyond repute Shwayze has a reputation beyond repute Shwayze has a reputation beyond repute Shwayze has a reputation beyond repute Shwayze has a reputation beyond repute Shwayze has a reputation beyond repute Shwayze has a reputation beyond repute Shwayze has a reputation beyond repute Shwayze's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2010 07:41 PM
    Threads

Im glad the Borders in my state arent closing.

But that sucks for the ones that are closing.

つき *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 001 - Bulbasaur Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2021 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

hmm . . . I'm not sure if there's one nearby closing.
    If it is, I couldn't tell. The only thing nearby is Barnes and Noble.

May precipitate OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2018 11:48 PM
    Threads

That is a lot of stores closing down! I get my manga from Kinokuniya and I admit that I do read manga in the store, but it's usually a first volume of something I've been wanting to check out but haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post
    Also, I got carded when I bought the SZS volume. The hell?
    1. It's SZS. The worst thing that happens is the main character running around with a noose around his neck!
    2. I look damn older than 18...because...well...I am.
    The person at the register probably wanted to oggle your name to stalk you on facebook later =D It's not everyday you see Jesus buying manga.

Tru Fax: Princess Minako wrestled Jesus... and won

Senior Member AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-08-2010 02:26 AM
    Threads

That really sucks. Despite my living in Taiwan, I'm an ABC and I can't read much Chinese and I have to rely on my annual trips to the States to purchase English manga.

Now that Borders is closing down in various locations, what am I supposed to do?! Stick to scans? (Rhetorical question, don't answer)

By the way, who would spend their time reading Rosario + Vampire? What a waste.
    .::ANIME is DOPAMINE to me::.

[[
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]]

Is the bee's knees ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2010 04:55 AM
    Threads

Go to an anime/manga specialty store or to Barnes & Noble.
    Arm The Citizen
    Deserving Teeth

Wolley makes me things.

Closed Thread

Thread Information