AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Code Geass: 2010 Project

Member Ec[lips]e has a reputation beyond repute Ec[lips]e has a reputation beyond repute Ec[lips]e has a reputation beyond repute Ec[lips]e has a reputation beyond repute Ec[lips]e has a reputation beyond repute Ec[lips]e has a reputation beyond repute Ec[lips]e has a reputation beyond repute Ec[lips]e has a reputation beyond repute Ec[lips]e has a reputation beyond repute Ec[lips]e has a reputation beyond repute Ec[lips]e has a reputation beyond repute Ec[lips]e's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-17-2009 09:26 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

I'm so starved for more CC, lulu and Code Geass in general that part of me wants to be ecstatic over this news but most of me is just dreading it. Like many of you have said, this anime was awesome as-is and it had a fantastic ending, with closure and opportunity for fans to specualte.

Another thing about the way they're bringing it back, is it's in manga form. I know many people prefer manga to anime, but one of the things about Code Geass that really impressed me was how absolutely beautiful the animation was and how awesomely the music was written. Now it's going to be black and white still frames on a page. Definite step down imo.

I'm sure part of me will love seeing some of the characters again in a familiar setting, but I guess I'll just have to wait and find out in 2010.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-01-2014 11:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Ec[lips]e View Post
    I'm so starved for more CC, lulu and Code Geass in general that part of me wants to be ecstatic over this news but most of me is just dreading it. Like many of you have said, this anime was awesome as-is and it had a fantastic ending, with closure and opportunity for fans to specualte.

Another thing about the way they're bringing it back, is it's in manga form. I know many people prefer manga to anime, but one of the things about Code Geass that really impressed me was how absolutely beautiful the animation was and how awesomely the music was written. Now it's going to be black and white still frames on a page. Definite step down imo.

I'm sure part of me will love seeing some of the characters again in a familiar setting, but I guess I'll just have to wait and find out in 2010.
    Lelouch isn't going to be in it, just someone called Reifu C.C. This can't be the C.C. we know, because as we saw, she got her covenant in what appeared to be the late-18th-or-early-19th century Europe. This new project is taking place during the Japanese Edo period, so it is half the world away, and at least half-a-century earlier. They could have it be C.C., but that creates a huge plot hole...not that the kid having a mechanical arm in the Edo period isn't a plot hole enough...

There should have been no speculation at the end. But dumb fans being dumb fans, the directors actually had to tell people in interviews that Lelouch died before people started to believe them.

And people usually prefer manga to anime when the anime is based on a manga. Anime-to-manga is usually far worse than manga-to-anime is.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Member Ec[lips]e has a reputation beyond repute Ec[lips]e has a reputation beyond repute Ec[lips]e has a reputation beyond repute Ec[lips]e has a reputation beyond repute Ec[lips]e has a reputation beyond repute Ec[lips]e has a reputation beyond repute Ec[lips]e has a reputation beyond repute Ec[lips]e has a reputation beyond repute Ec[lips]e has a reputation beyond repute Ec[lips]e has a reputation beyond repute Ec[lips]e has a reputation beyond repute Ec[lips]e's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-17-2009 09:26 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post
    Lelouch isn't going to be in it, just someone called Reifu C.C. This can't be the C.C. we know, because as we saw, she got her covenant in what appeared to be the late-18th-or-early-19th century Europe. This new project is taking place during the Japanese Edo period, so it is half the world away, and at least half-a-century earlier. They could have it be C.C., but that creates a huge plot hole...not that the kid having a mechanical arm in the Edo period isn't a plot hole enough...

There should have been no speculation at the end. But dumb fans being dumb fans, the directors actually had to tell people in interviews that Lelouch died before people started to believe them.

And people usually prefer manga to anime when the anime is based on a manga. Anime-to-manga is usually far worse than manga-to-anime is.
    I understand that the time period is different and that lulu might not actually be in it, but this "dumb" fan can still hope. ;x Like I said initially anyway, I'm really not THAT excited about it because I highly doubt this new project will be able to hold a candle to the original animated series.

To lulu's death, some people really need to take a chill pill. Let fans speculate if they wish. I thought it was pretty brilliant of Sunrise to leave that little bit of doubt there so fans had something to debate and inspire fan made art/writing etc. I agree that if lulu didn't really die, it definitely diminishes the symbolism and meaning behind what he accomplished at the end, but some fans just can't appreciate that kind of ending the way it's meant to be. It would appear that some fans can't tolerate differences of ideas or opinions either though.

I also know about peoples' common preference regarding anime to manga vice versa. I am not everybody. I have my own preferences, likes and dislikes. I was merely stating my own opinion. ;D
    Last edited by Ec[lips]e; 12-17-2009 at 08:44 AM.

Tieria's girl kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-06-2010 06:51 PM
    Threads

Where do you guys find this info?
    Anyway, I think CC got her geass in the 1300s, because of the way she looked. Plus, that was a big time for slaves.

Needless to say, I'm not going to watch it if what you said was true.
    Aw, the wonderful sound of AF.

Quote Originally Posted by BurntHouse View Post
    Robots one-up "love" simply by "obeying" you. Who needs love and respect when we can get fear and anguish instead? :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Condey View Post
    I can't think of any that come to mind at the moment, but my default response to a personal attack is "Your dog has hepatitas". It doesn't work all the time, but hoo-boy when it does, it works wonders.

Senior Member Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra's Avatar
    Gil
    Woot
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Apple Systems NES Controller
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2011 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kimi no kioku View Post
    Where do you guys find this info?
    Anyway, I think CC got her geass in the 1300s, because of the way she looked. Plus, that was a big time for slaves.

Needless to say, I'm not going to watch it if what you said was true.
    Check out www.animenewsnetwork.com from time to time. They have all the latest updates on anime and manga-related info.

Anyway, like a lot of people have already said; it doesn't look this new project is shaping up to much based on what we've read. Oh well, mayhaps it's better that way.

My thanks to Xey Oiz for the awesome new set.

"Screw being normal and be awesome instead!"

AF's Resident Color Taster Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Chameleon Cookie Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-01-2014 10:17 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sr Machinehead PSN ID: Sr_machinehead Steam ID: DocMK

well it is a manga of code geass. I've never really had to high hopes for the manga versions of code geass anyways but this story is just ridiculous.

Set made by me
    "Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Yew Neek™ is #1 Lehvorak has a brilliant future Lehvorak has a brilliant future Lehvorak has a brilliant future Lehvorak has a brilliant future Lehvorak has a brilliant future Lehvorak has a brilliant future Lehvorak has a brilliant future Lehvorak has a brilliant future Lehvorak has a brilliant future Lehvorak has a brilliant future Lehvorak has a brilliant future Lehvorak's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-01-2010 12:35 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1547-6407-0804

It would be interesting to see, but I just have to see for myself :P

Dango Dango Daikazoku!
    (^ ^) ---- (^ ^) ---- (^ ^)

Member Wicked Eden has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Eden has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Eden has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Eden has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Eden has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Eden has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Eden has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Eden has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Eden has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Eden has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Eden has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Eden's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-23-2011 07:47 PM
    Threads

This is going to suck hard.
    Harder than a $600 hooker.

Worst. Plot. Ever.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Some promotional art has been released.

Problems:

1. CC plothole. She got her covenant in early 19th century Europe...what's she doing in 16-18th century Japan?

2. Why does a kid it 16-18th century Japan have a robotic arm?

3. The main character and the obviously-an-antagonist guy in the background booth look exactly like Lelouch...the protagonist looks a bit like Suzaku as well.

Member Wicked Eden has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Eden has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Eden has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Eden has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Eden has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Eden has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Eden has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Eden has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Eden has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Eden has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Eden has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Eden's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

That looks like fan art. I say it's a hoax.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Eden View Post
    That looks like fan art. I say it's a hoax.
    It was published in Newtype magazine, I'm pretty damn sure that makes it official.

It's going to be a manga, not a television show, and every manga artist has their own style. There's no way for someone to perfectly mimic the art style of another, though that is clearly what he is aiming to do. You can't except the art style to be the same as that used in the anime.

Tieria's girl kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-06-2010 06:51 PM
    Threads

It was published in Newtype magazine, I'm pretty damn sure that makes it official.

It's going to be a manga, not a television show, and every manga artist has their own style. There's no way for someone to perfectly mimic the art style of another, though that is clearly what he is aiming to do. You can't except the art style to be the same as that used in the anime.

A manga... Good, then it's not really canon... Hopefully...
    Last edited by kimi no kioku; 12-23-2009 at 06:57 AM.
    Aw, the wonderful sound of AF.

Quote Originally Posted by BurntHouse View Post
    Robots one-up "love" simply by "obeying" you. Who needs love and respect when we can get fear and anguish instead? :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Condey View Post
    I can't think of any that come to mind at the moment, but my default response to a personal attack is "Your dog has hepatitas". It doesn't work all the time, but hoo-boy when it does, it works wonders.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by kimi no kioku View Post
    A manga... Good, then it's not really canon...
    It is canon, because it's being written by the original Gode Geass writer.

Cardinal of Eden Vital Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia's Avatar
    Gil
    Depressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-13-2011 05:18 PM
    Threads

It is canon, because it's being written by the original Gode Geass writer.

Well that sucks. It's terrible and sounds like an FMA rip off.

EDIT: Wow on the picture, look at the guy's arm... Ouch...

I have recently transformed into a defender of the mentally ill. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Rolo Vi Britannia View Post
    Well that sucks. It's terrible and sounds like an FMA rip off.

EDIT: Wow on the picture, look at the guy's arm... Ouch...
    Terrible yes, but the only similarity between this and Fullmetal Alchemist is that the kid has a metal arm...which is not original in manga or anime by any means.

Cardinal of Eden Vital Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia's Avatar
    Gil
    Depressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Terrible yes, but the only similarity between this and Fullmetal Alchemist is that the kid has a metal arm...which is not original in manga or anime by any means.

Not to mention the Lelouch guy is dressed exactly like Rolo from Nightmare of Nunnally!

I have recently transformed into a defender of the mentally ill. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Not necessarily. Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children and it was written by the original writers. At least I think it was...

Senior Member Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2011 10:02 AM
    Threads

I think that this is either going to be an excuse to be more awesome because they'll have all the same characters in a kickass time period. Or they'll have new characters, it'll be a massive disappointment and then it shouldn't really be called Code Geass.

I'm hoping it's the former and they just missed the CG characters as much as the fans, so in order to not ruin what they already did they set it in a different era. But hopefully it'll just be a super-cool romp with the ancestors of all the main characters who are suspiciously identical looking to their modern counterparts

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Raiden17 View Post
    I think that this is either going to be an excuse to be more awesome because they'll have all the same characters in a kickass time period. Or they'll have new characters, it'll be a massive disappointment and then it shouldn't really be called Code Geass
    The first one would be retarded. It would make no sense within the timeline, and it would only serve to degrade the original series. It would not only be Sunrise cashing in on their cash-cow, but it would also be a horrendous way of just selling out. Let's leave those sort of crappy tales to fanfiction writers.

The second option would actually make sense, and could provide support and background for the original series. This is what it looks like they are doing, and it would be a great idea, if only they didn't so intently try to recreate the original series in such a manner that it will inevitably be bland and full of plot holes.

Gil
    Depressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

@Gjallarhorn
    Dude, calm down a little. You're being pretty rude on here. No offense.

Senior Member Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2011 10:02 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Rolo Vi Britannia View Post
    @Gjallarhorn
    Dude, calm down a little. You're being pretty rude on here. No offense.
    agreed. but I'm not gonna get all defensive.

Suffice to say that I actually see some promising Fanfics out there, written badly but with interesting concepts. And it wouldn't hurt the overall artistic community for once to not be snobbish about the average fan's ideas, and see that while they don't have the skill to properly employ them, the ideas they have can actually be quite interesting. I have enough faith in the professionals at Sunrise to be able to take an idea like that from these fanfics (and the idea i put forward which was in fact stolen from another fansite) and implement them properly and professionally so that it's actually interesting. Besides, surely it doesn't matter if the new stuff was lame, because Code Geass rocked. It ended, so anything else you get is a bonus. That's why I think it'd be a perfect opportunity to experminet with a bit of clean fanservice like that suggested above and see if there's any merit in it. If there's not then fine, the experiment failed, but it doesn't detract from Code Geass cos it's in a different storyline.
    Let's not become like the Zelda Fandom and factionise ouselves by what timeline we believe if they do finally get round to making this thing anyway.

Gil
    Depressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I just heard they're making a new anime as well.

EXTROVERTED HERO Kamen Rider V3 Blue has a brilliant future Kamen Rider V3 Blue has a brilliant future Kamen Rider V3 Blue has a brilliant future Kamen Rider V3 Blue has a brilliant future Kamen Rider V3 Blue has a brilliant future Kamen Rider V3 Blue has a brilliant future Kamen Rider V3 Blue has a brilliant future Kamen Rider V3 Blue has a brilliant future Kamen Rider V3 Blue has a brilliant future Kamen Rider V3 Blue has a brilliant future Kamen Rider V3 Blue has a brilliant future Kamen Rider V3 Blue's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-07-2010 12:35 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Eden View Post
    Not necessarily. Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children and it was written by the original writers. At least I think it was...
    Advent Children is canon besides it wasn't THAT bad it's not like they brought Aerith back to life...

What?I enjoy some shojo series/characters...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information