AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Choose a good political candidate from the party you OPPOSE

Awaken Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2011 10:49 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Choose a good political candidate from the party you OPPOSE

Alright, I thought this would be a good unbias thread question since it forces you to pick your poision.

Oh, and if you identify as Independant or don't choose to align yourself with a party/etc, pick someone from the party you like least that you would "want" to win an election.
    Last edited by Ericgamer1; 12-16-2009 at 12:58 PM.

^by Hakuchuumu^

^Xey Oiz^

The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Cowboy Psychologist Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2013 01:07 AM
    Threads

Since I oppose all political parties on principle, I've a lot of people to pick from. That being said, the political parties I like the least... I like the least for a reason. I don't want any of them in office. At all. Ever.

Hilariously, I also found out that there is an anarchist party in Canada.

Bad Memory

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-17-2014 11:48 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

This question can not be applied to the Swedish political system. So I'll answer yes.

Also, bias in an individual is not something negative. It is government officials and judges that that must be unbiased, as they must represent all people and treat them equally, free from political and ideological influence. Individuals -should- be biased, as being biased is simply having an opinion. So unless you want people to be completely apathetic towards everything, don't try to eradicate bias.
    Last edited by Eris; 12-16-2009 at 01:32 PM.

Awaken Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2011 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

No, no, no. I think you misunderstood me Eris. I'm not out to get rid of bias, just promote that some level of unbias is nessesary to give stable ground to one's own opinions.

You have to back up what you say to sway critics from calling bias. Sometimes that requires taking the perspective of the opposition into context.
    Last edited by Ericgamer1; 12-16-2009 at 01:46 PM.

^by Hakuchuumu^

^Xey Oiz^

The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-17-2014 11:48 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ericgamer1 View Post
    No, no, no. I think you misunderstood me Eris. I'm not out to get rid of bias, just promote that some level of unbias is nessesary to give stable ground to one's own opinions.

You have to back up what you say to sway critics from calling bias. Sometimes that requires taking the perspective of opposition into context.
    But in politics, this is not possible. The opposition almost invariably have a different set of axiomatic truths (ideals) from which they derive their politics. These are not perspectives, but something you find to be true. They can not be proved or disproved, but is the framework upon which is built every person's logical arguments for believing in what they do.

I could never see things from my opponents point of view, because we have fundamental differences in what we hold to be true, and often also how we define truth. Obviously I can see that if I shared their axioms, then I would come to the same conclusions, but I don't, and I can't.

Actually bigger than you. miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Violin Cds
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2013 08:01 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: miniPhil

Joe Higgins for the greens would be interesting. He might be able to pull them out of the horrible hole they've dug themselves. I'd also like to see David Norris run for Fine Gael. I hate them but if he joined and Richard Bruton took over then I could conisder voting for them. Probably just stick with Labour though.
    This is a Sig. It's horribly out of date.

Closed Thread

Thread Information