AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Digital Paintings

Banned Forum / Chat teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Bleach Kon Ice Cream Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-27-2010 02:21 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Digital Paintings

This semester, one of my classes made us do bunch of digital painting assignments to get more familiar with Photoshop and its uses, and to introduce us to another way of making art pieces. So I'll be posting some of my work here hoping to get useful feedbacks and critiques in order to improve. Just note that I'm new to this and noticed the more I work on it, the better I get. I'll start with my old paintings and end with the newest.

1. Squirrel! Reference - Sketch

2. Tie Man. Reference - Sketch

I know it can be done much better than that, but I had no time to fix before it was due.

3. Monster! Sketch

Lol, I know that's creepy since it's supposed to be that way, and I have no idea what I was thinking when I designed that monster. Say hi to my lovely mutant bunny!

4. Car. Reference - Trace

If you want the process of making any of those, then just tell me and I'll post them here. I never had the time to complete the BG for them, and I dislike editing them after the project is due. I have one more digital painting assignment coming up and it's a big one. Will post it here once I finish.

Digipainting is really fun, but very time consuming if you want it to look realistic and nice which what I'm aiming for. I wonder if I'll become like one of those pros who make beautiful pieces one day. So what do you guys think?

Three Nil Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Bleach Ichigo Mask Soras Keyblade Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2011 04:38 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

this is really good
    didgital looks kind of cool
    wouldntmind seeing more of your work

"Dark light come shine in her lost heart tonight
    And blind all fears that haunt her with your smile
    Dark light"-HIM

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

Holy crap @ car. How exactly do you digi paint?

Banned Forum / Chat teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Thanks!

You mostly just use different brushes on Photoshop or whatever program you choose and colour. There're lots of tutorial sites that'd teach you how. Google is your friend.

Senior Member Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Gifts Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2012 04:29 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Your bunny mutant is pretty creepy, but I like the textures in it. It's tail is too smooth and shiny though. . .I'm guessing that your light source was from the top right?
    The squirrel was adorable, though the outline of its body was too bold for me. Just my preference, but I don't think you should see an outline in something that's supposed to furry. He also got those evil eyes going on. . .
    The car looks like plastic to me. Also, it kind of looks like it isn't antialiased. The lines are a bit harsh and jagged. The gray highlights doesn't look too good on the car. Actually, this looks like it could go into the game No More Heroes.

iunno if I was any help or not, but I put my thoughts into it. Keep looking into differrent textures and try not to get everything smooth. Textures are what makes things more realistic. Do me a favor and don't do any dolls. They're really creepy =(
    ooshy ooshy ooshy
    Website|Deviantart
    Msn, email, icq, Facebook? Ask

Gil
    Dead
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That's true. I wasn't satisfied with how I textured the monster, though. I just couldn't figure out how to make natural looking texture and appealing at that time.

The squirrel was my first digital painting, so I didn't know that we shouldn't leave the outline visible back then. >.> I tried getting rid of it after as much as possible, though. It was worse than that before.
    I added the evil eyes on purpose. I liked it that way. >3

The jagged edges on the car are the results of not being entirely used to drawing/colouring with a tablet. I still need more practice, and I'll try hard to avoid all those mistakes with my next piece.

What you said helped a lot, thanks! But they were things I was told/realized before, and will try to avoid them! And yeah, I need more work with texturing and making things look more realistic.

Maybe I shouldn't show you the creepy doll I created for a character design assignment... I wanted to digital paint it as well, but it wasn't approved by my teacher. >.>

Senior Member Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-06-2012 04:02 PM
    I live at my house. haha I know right hilarious?
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Wow Teedles, these look amazing to me, especially the mutant bunny munsta<333 SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure your next piece will be stunning (at this rate)

Nippahh! chiizu has a reputation beyond repute chiizu has a reputation beyond repute chiizu has a reputation beyond repute chiizu has a reputation beyond repute chiizu has a reputation beyond repute chiizu has a reputation beyond repute chiizu has a reputation beyond repute chiizu has a reputation beyond repute chiizu has a reputation beyond repute chiizu has a reputation beyond repute chiizu has a reputation beyond repute chiizu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2010 11:21 PM
    Threads

Ahh! So cool! I especially love the car! I looks so realistic. I'm sure you'll become just like those great artists you speak of. Unless of course you're already there! Can't wait to see more!

Senior Member clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-07-2010 03:19 PM
    Threads

I loved the squirrel. xD Then again, I love squirrels! It was absolutely adorable. The bunny mutant monster thing was...weird. Lol! But interesting!

Although someone else mentioned it already, I'll repeat it anyway. What I found you could definitely work on are the edges/outlines. I noticed it in your sketch/outline/final version of the car the most. A car has smooth lines all around, and your lines were jagged, choppy, and simply not smooth. All your other works also have some relatively choppy outlines, but none as noticeable as your car.

And I realize it's difficult working with a tablet sometimes. I started off pretty blegh with the tablet too, but a tablet isn't really great for drawing lines smoothly unless you really zoom in. I suggest you learn how to use the pen tool (if you haven't already) if you want smoother lines.

Yew Neek™ is #1 TandooriDude has a reputation beyond repute TandooriDude has a reputation beyond repute TandooriDude has a reputation beyond repute TandooriDude has a reputation beyond repute TandooriDude has a reputation beyond repute TandooriDude has a reputation beyond repute TandooriDude has a reputation beyond repute TandooriDude has a reputation beyond repute TandooriDude has a reputation beyond repute TandooriDude has a reputation beyond repute TandooriDude has a reputation beyond repute TandooriDude's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-07-2009 10:43 PM
    Threads

It's A-M-A-Z-I-N-G so amazing hahaha that car concept is gorgeous, you should get a job in car design!

Gil
    Dead
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Thanks a lot, guys.

@clowangel: As I mentioned before, all I need is more practice with the tablet and I'll be good to go! And ugh, I hate the pen tool. It's annoying to deal with, but I'll consider using it next time.

@TandooriDude: I didn't design that car. I used a reference to draw and colour the car since I never did that before. I chose that design specially because yellow Ferraris are my favourite. After doing this, I don't think I'm fit to design cars, really... ^_^;

Junior Member shirdulimp is on a distinguished road shirdulimp's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-15-2009 01:24 AM
    Threads

I accept with information:You mostly just use different brushes on Photoshop or whatever program you choose and colour. There're lots of tutorial sites that'd teach you how.

Closed Thread

Thread Information