AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ending question [Spoiler]

Senior Member TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2011 03:50 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Ending question [Spoiler]

Did Light make the eye deal at the very end?
    I was thinking maybe he could have said to Ryuk something like, "If I get caught by the authorities assume I wish to make the deal." Similar to how he had told Ryuk that if he heard him saying "Get rid of it." to assume he wished to give up ownership.
    I just thought this because his eyes started glowing red when he was laughing
    after being caught by near. Was this just to show insanity or was it trying to reveal that he had previously spoken to Ryuk about it as a final resort?
    Last edited by TheSplundPopper; 11-19-2009 at 08:04 PM.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

^^Still working on list, not every anime I has seen has been added yet.

"Why should people trust me? They don't have any reason to, yet. Distrust is human nature. Distrust creates doubt and doubt causes people to miss judge the intention of others. But people can change, can't they?"

Junior Member Laram will become famous soon enough Laram will become famous soon enough Laram's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2009 12:57 PM
    Threads

I haven't thought of this before, but I do remember seeing Light's eyes red more than once. I don't think this means he made the eyes deal, but I could be wrong.
    I suffer from pulsatile tinnitus!

No Rain No Rainbow!!! OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Red Dango Fuuko Starfish Cake
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-08-2012 11:37 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Cool

I think they just make Light look evil by having red eyes. Because I also saw him have red eyes more than once.

I doubt that he made the deal because he doesn't want to shorten his life. I think there is a difference with a person who has Shinigami eyes than Light's evil red eyes.
    Some people say "You can't have it all." I say "I can try~!!!" - OtakuInu!!!

Twitter-Tumblr
    -DevArt-YouTube-Formspring

OtakuInu~!!! Red V.I.P dango

Yew Neek™ is #1 Lehvorak has a brilliant future Lehvorak has a brilliant future Lehvorak has a brilliant future Lehvorak has a brilliant future Lehvorak has a brilliant future Lehvorak has a brilliant future Lehvorak has a brilliant future Lehvorak has a brilliant future Lehvorak has a brilliant future Lehvorak has a brilliant future Lehvorak has a brilliant future Lehvorak's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-01-2010 12:35 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1547-6407-0804

I believe the eyes Light had when he was caught by Near was his regular evil eyes, because if you saw Death Note Relight it showed Light having the same red eyes. I think I saw it there. :P

Dango Dango Daikazoku!
    (^ ^) ---- (^ ^) ---- (^ ^)

Senior Member RenegadeC4v has a reputation beyond repute RenegadeC4v has a reputation beyond repute RenegadeC4v has a reputation beyond repute RenegadeC4v has a reputation beyond repute RenegadeC4v has a reputation beyond repute RenegadeC4v has a reputation beyond repute RenegadeC4v has a reputation beyond repute RenegadeC4v has a reputation beyond repute RenegadeC4v has a reputation beyond repute RenegadeC4v has a reputation beyond repute RenegadeC4v has a reputation beyond repute RenegadeC4v's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-15-2010 11:27 PM
    Threads

Im pretty sure it was only shown to illustrate what a crazed lunatic he is. Also correct me if im wrong here but didnt they say you have to be the owner of a notebook to acquire the eyes? Light wasnt the owner at the time, mikami was so there would be no way he couldve had the eyes

Senior Member TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2011 03:50 PM
    Threads

He was the owner of the notebook that Aizawa was holding. That was why he didn't have his lifespan written above his head and Mikimi knew he was Kira.
    I suppose it was most likely that it was just to show his evil and insanity. I just had a feeling that he might have said to Ryuk "If I loose today I want to make the deal." It would have given him a slightly better chance of getting out of it plus if he was put on death row halving the time he would be in prison waiting wouldn't be a huge sacrifice. Though looks like I was wrong.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

^^Still working on list, not every anime I has seen has been added yet.

"Why should people trust me? They don't have any reason to, yet. Distrust is human nature. Distrust creates doubt and doubt causes people to miss judge the intention of others. But people can change, can't they?"

Senior Member RenegadeC4v has a reputation beyond repute RenegadeC4v has a reputation beyond repute RenegadeC4v has a reputation beyond repute RenegadeC4v has a reputation beyond repute RenegadeC4v has a reputation beyond repute RenegadeC4v has a reputation beyond repute RenegadeC4v has a reputation beyond repute RenegadeC4v has a reputation beyond repute RenegadeC4v has a reputation beyond repute RenegadeC4v has a reputation beyond repute RenegadeC4v has a reputation beyond repute RenegadeC4v's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-15-2010 11:27 PM
    Threads

Yea true, I totally forgot about that part where his lifespan wasnt shown. But still, light is ridiculously overconfident and cocky. He probably never even considered the possibility that he might lose. If he did, he wouldnt of claimed his victory over near in front of everyone before he thought they would die.
    Last edited by RenegadeC4v; 12-08-2009 at 10:40 PM.

Cardinal of Eden Vital Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia's Avatar
    Gil
    Depressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-13-2011 05:18 PM
    Threads

Your lifespan not being shone has nothing to do with the Shinigami eyes. It's like that for anyone who is the owner of the Death Note. I always believed this was because the Shinigami possessing you got to kill you.
    His eyes were just to show he was evil, like we needed help figuring that out...

I have recently transformed into a defender of the mentally ill. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Senior Member Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2011 10:02 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Rolo Vi Britannia View Post
    Your lifespan not being shone has nothing to do with the Shinigami eyes. It's like that for anyone who is the owner of the Death Note. I always believed this was because the Shinigami possessing you got to kill you.
    His eyes were just to show he was evil, like we needed help figuring that out...
    I think that's definitely true, but doesn't "needing help to figure that out" depend on your own allegiances?
    For example, I tried to be as objective as possible when watching, but disturbingly I identified with Light, so it was more effective and shocking to me when they made his eyes red.
    I know he's evil, but I never expected the show to tell me that visually because it had kept neutral for so long. I guess that was what they'd always planned. to reserve judgement until the end, that way it's more shocking to people who want Light to live to hear that the makers see him as evil.

Having said all that, I always knew that what he was doing was clearly evil, no matter how much I was curious to see him prevail.

Stuck in Love's Capture Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Hot Chocolate Flowers Fan2 Wolf
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-20-2015 06:38 AM
    In Between Darkness and Light, Engulfed in Fire and Ice
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I think they were his own eye's too ^_^; portraying the evil that he sometimes does

Amazing set by
    Ezza Obsuna ^^

The days fly by and the feelings remain
    So far away and causing us pain
    That's okay we'll make it through
    Soon we'll get to say "I love you"

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Innocent
    Gifts Aria Neko Pluto Garnet Orb Be Mine
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-07-2015 05:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KagomeHime PSN ID: KagomeMiko

No. Raito Never got the Shinigami Eyes. Misa did, twice, for Raito. But Raito died without ever having gotten them.
    How'd You Like That On Your Lawn?!
    "I may be empty, but I'm not worthless!"

...Clear...

Sleepy Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2010 08:27 AM
    Threads

I doubt he did but he did own a note book at the end.
    Remember mikami knew it was him because he could not see his lifespan.
    He COULD have but did not.

The seven stakes of purgatory! ^^ Good thing to know that they will be the last thing you see before you die. ^^

Junior Member NearLawliet is on a distinguished road NearLawliet's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2010 08:35 PM
    Threads

i dont think so...his eyes would turn red, like throughout the anime just to symbolize his dementedness..i actually liked the ending, and taking th edeal would be unneccesary, and light would do something like that randomly

Senior Member Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-28-2015 03:47 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Light would never give up half his life
    the red eyes just show how evil and twisted he is.

The One and Only knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Haruhi Suzumiya   Tsuruya Eva NERV
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 02:58 PM
    Threads

His eys turned red because he was Kira and not Light anymore.

Junior Member apfmh is just really nice apfmh is just really nice apfmh is just really nice apfmh is just really nice apfmh's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-16-2010 03:24 AM
    Threads

I agree with everyone else, i think he just went insane and desperate with all the power that he'd been hiding inside, i think it all just came out and his eyes were red to show how insane he had become since becoming kira...but interesting thought! never thought of it before!

Senior Member DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Grumpy
    Gifts Trollface Beer Cookie
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-01-2015 02:47 AM
    Threads

His eyes were red because everything went Just... as... planned!

Junior Member Reiko Kurama is on a distinguished road Reiko Kurama's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2010 09:53 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Ending question [Spoiler]

Light never made the eye deal. The creators of the anime made Light's colors red since he was the one who was evil. Yes there were many times in the anime where Light's eyes turned red but only to emphasize that he was Kira. I only know three people who made the eye deal in the anime and that was Light's father, Misa, and Mikami.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information