AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: [Help - Router]: Wireless Web

Senior Member Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy's Avatar
    Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2017 10:29 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default [Help - Router]: Wireless Web

Sooo..I have a WBR-2310 Wireless router.
    Thus far I've only been using it for wired connections.

This weekend I tried for the first time to really setup the wireless, and I am failing

Computers can detect my network, but cannot connect to it.
    It's completely unprotected atm because I cannot log in through the default Ip to set a password. (My IP is strange, it's 71.xx.xx.xx)

I tried installing the software that came with the router, and it promptly informed me that it could not recognize my router.
    Odd, since it's the software that came with the router.....

Any suggestions?

Senior Member Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-12-2019 08:58 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Ashminigun

Did you connect via LAN cable or wireless when trying to setup the router for the first time?

a) Via LAN cable:
    1. Did you connect it to either port labeled LAN indicated with numbers from 1 to 4?
      If so, the wizard software should not have any problem detecting your router. If not try to reset it and try again.
    2. Did you connect directly to port labeled WAN?
      Assuming you're using the cable supplied by the manufacture, the port is only reserve for connecting from modem to that router via straight cable. You can connect you PC directly to the port using crossed cable if you want to make your PC as a server.

b) Via wireless: Assuming you attempt to use your wireless connection for the first time via your wireless network card, the router needs to be setup using physical/wired connection first before using wireless

When else fail, try ask a friend who knows or go back to the shop that you bought the router from and ask for assistance.
    Last edited by Ashminigun; 11-03-2009 at 05:49 PM.

Senior Member Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy's Avatar
    Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Pakcik Ali View Post
    Did you connect via LAN cable or wireless when trying to setup the router for the first time?

a) Via LAN cable:
    1. Did you connect it to either port labeled LAN indicated with numbers from 1 to 4?
      If so, the wizard software should not have any problem detecting your router. If not try to reset it and try again.
    2. Did you connect directly to port labeled WAN?
      Assuming you're using the cable supplied by the manufacture, the port is only reserve for connecting from modem to that router via straight cable. You can connect you PC directly to the port using crossed cable if you want to make your PC as a server.

b) Via wireless: Assuming you attempt to use your wireless connection for the first time via your wireless network card, the router needs to be setup using physical/wired connection first before using wireless

When else fail, try ask a friend who knows or go back to the shop that you bought the router from and ask for assistance.
    I'm not sure I understand the first part of your question.
    Granted, I'm a bit "router" illiterate.

The first time I used the router it was only via wired connections. I had no need for the wireless originally.

The modem goes directly to the WAN port.
    The other computers (2) are connected via lan ports.
    All of this works fine, however, the wireless cannot be accessed.
    As far as the installation goes, I've tried it numerous times with resets; No success.

Senior Member Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

If that so, I suspect that your network card are using fixed IP rather using DHCP.

What you can do is go to Start>Control Panel> and select Network Connection

Here You will see all your network devices available on your PC.

Right click on the device that is connected to the router and select Properties. That will invoke the device properties windows.

On the window, you will see a list under "This connection uses the following items". Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) usually on the bottom of the list and the Properties button will be enable on the bottom right of the list box.

Click on the Properties button and will invoke another windows that look like this:

Before you do anything, jolt down all the octet for IP address, Subnet, gateway and DNS (if available and write both if there Preferred and Alternate). There two ways to this:
    1. The safest way is to to select option "Obtain IP address automatically", so your router will assign an IP to your PC automatically. From here you can try running the wizard again and follow its step. Or,
    2. You can manually change the IP address based on the IP given by the Router. Assuming D-Link standardize its IP to enter its setup windows, it's 192.168.0.1. You can change your IP to 192.168.0.xxx. Try run the wizard again.

Either way, it will enable your network card to connect to the router. If you're not sure how to do it, ask your friend or seek assistance from the customer service.
    Last edited by Ashminigun; 11-03-2009 at 09:10 PM.

Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Alright, wait.. so I want to use the option "Use The Following IP address?"
    I am not quite sure I understand which option is suppose to be used here 0_o

Mine is currently set to obtain the information autmatically, but no information is displayed in the fields.
    If I'm suppose to use the other setting, how then do I know what to enter for the respective fields?
    Should I use just the standard DLink IP and the grab the other info from an ipconfig command and keep it the same?

Also, given this potential solution..... can it explain why no computer is able to access my wireless. My laptop, my friend's laptops, the wii, etc. are all unable to access it.
    Last edited by Middy; 11-03-2009 at 10:13 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Oops! I've leave out an important step. My bad.

Anyway, by default any network card will set to "Obtain IP address automatically" option in its Internet Protocol TCP/IP setting (I'm assuming you're using Windows as your OS). When the option is set, the rest of the octet fields will be gray. When using "Use the following IP address" then field will be enable as show in the last figure on my last post.

Assuming before you decide to use your router, the technician that installed your Internet, just setup your modem and didn't configure your network card (as you mention before). There are two possibility to the current problem:

a) You cable might be faulty. Try swap with other. If that doesn't work,
    b) Try setup it using other computer via wired connection using wizard. If that also cannot solve your problem,
    c) Your router might be factory defect. You need to seek assistant with the shop where you bought it.

can it explain why no computer is able to access my wireless. My laptop, my friend's laptops, the wii, etc. are all unable to access it.
    Are you still referring to the same router or other router? If it's the same router, you need to run the setup first before you can use the wireless connection on the router.

As for other router:
    1. The wireless feature has been disable. You need to enter the router system setup to enable it
    2. The wireless is set on private/security-enable. You need the passkey or phrase key to join the network.
    3. The wireless is faulty/damage.

Senior Member wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts PPG Bubbles Aria Neko
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2014 04:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: wizzadoo

I suggest you to re-read the router manual

Junior Member alexgw is on a distinguished road alexgw's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-05-2009 10:18 PM
    Threads

Before start using wireless from your wireless router,you need to configure it first.

The possible methods are:

1. Run wireless wizard under wireless tab (some routers may not have wireless wizard feature)

Or

2. You need to configure it manually.

i.Log on to wireless router
    ii. Click on wireless settings'
    iii. Check enable wireless
    iv. Change wireless network name with any other name (eg: Alex net)
    v. Now save settings

After doing this disconnect the power cable of the wireless router for 30 seconds and reconnect it after 30 seconds.

Now check for wireless network.

Hope this will help you.
    Need to Repair or Clean your Carpets ?Brooklyn Carpet Cleaning
    | Carpet Cleaning Brooklyn Good carpet Cleaning solutions

Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well, I have tried the above suggestions to no avail.
    (I can't log onto the router since I can't load the page via the IP)

Could this be an issue with the OS - Vista?
    I have access to the router, but it won't identify my network it and I have limited access - local access only.

Nanobyte's minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Luna Cake Lie Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2017 06:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1596-5790-7816-3407

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightRider View Post

I have access to the router, but it won't identify my network it and I have limited access - local access only.
    Yeah it could be vista. I've had a couple of problems with it. *the reason why I despise it*

If you can try to download the latest service pack of vista. That's what helped me connect my sisters laptop to our router.

Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by SigmaSD View Post
    Yeah it could be vista. I've had a couple of problems with it. *the reason why I despise it*

If you can try to download the latest service pack of vista. That's what helped me connect my sisters laptop to our router.
    Alright..I'll wire it up and do some work.
    The thing is, other people cannot connect as well, however, each of these individuals has also been on Vista..sooo

Guess I need to test the connection on a different OS.

Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Have you call or go back to the shop where you have purchased the router to seek their assistant? If not, you better do. Try to bring along your modem with you. It might help to solve your current problem.

Junior Member sijugk is on a distinguished road sijugk's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-19-2009 03:57 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightRider

To access a router you need to connect it with your computer using an Ethernet cable. When both are connected you should type the IP address of your router on the address bar of your Internet Explorer. Usually it is 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 Try these two numbers

Vista has no problem with accessing router setup page.

You should never try to access your router setup page via wireless.

Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by sijugk View Post
    To access a router you need to connect it with your computer using an Ethernet cable. When both are connected you should type the IP address of your router on the address bar of your Internet Explorer. Usually it is 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 Try these two numbers

Vista has no problem with accessing router setup page.

You should never try to access your router setup page via wireless.
    Neither of my currently wired connections, which work fine, are able to access the router via the IP address.

Closed Thread

Thread Information