AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which is more enjoyable?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • TV!

8 18.60%
  • Books!

14 32.56%
  • Video games!

19 44.19%
  • ...I don't like any of that!

2 4.65%
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: TV vs Books vs Video Games

boopaloop! 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2011 12:53 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

I rarely play video games (Max Payne and Half-Life = the only franchises I'm still eager to play). Other than that, what Eris said.

Senior Member brokenORCHID is infamous around these parts brokenORCHID is infamous around these parts brokenORCHID is infamous around these parts brokenORCHID is infamous around these parts brokenORCHID is infamous around these parts brokenORCHID is infamous around these parts brokenORCHID is infamous around these parts brokenORCHID is infamous around these parts brokenORCHID is infamous around these parts brokenORCHID is infamous around these parts brokenORCHID is infamous around these parts brokenORCHID's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-25-2010 09:00 AM
    Threads

I like a good T.V show (Lost,24,etc) I just find their is more time to get to know the characters and story.

Games these days as much people argue offer really nothing new,at least not for me

Books,lately I have started reading more books but I find they take more effort than T.V.Though they are still fun to read...
    ........Never have a whole life,always broken......

Senior Member Nanukana has a reputation beyond repute Nanukana has a reputation beyond repute Nanukana has a reputation beyond repute Nanukana has a reputation beyond repute Nanukana has a reputation beyond repute Nanukana has a reputation beyond repute Nanukana has a reputation beyond repute Nanukana has a reputation beyond repute Nanukana has a reputation beyond repute Nanukana has a reputation beyond repute Nanukana has a reputation beyond repute Nanukana's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-31-2010 04:36 PM
    Threads

This so mean, I love them all so much! In the end, I have to choose books though, you get to imagine everything and they keep you entertained longer then a movie or TV show and usually have a better plot then most video games.
    Say, Write, and Think
    ~Nanukana Hokage Myst~

Signatures made amazingly by Moritani Onee-sama(Above) and
    TwiDragon1000(Below)!

Super Princess Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos's Avatar
    Gil
    Volatile
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2010 03:11 AM
    Threads

Books and games don't have commercials making fun of my fear of bringing my arms from underneath a blanket.

+
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Senior Member Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Present Bomb Aquarius
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2014 05:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Video games, because they're the only one of those three I have continuous access to. I read Manga online, but I'm not sure if some people consider that actual ~reading~.

ein, zwei, drei, vier bin endlich weg von Dir
    fünf, sechs, sieben, acht Du hast jetzt keine Macht

つき *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 001 - Bulbasaur Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2021 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

*thinks* hmmmm . . . well . . . I have to say books. I love playing video games and watching tv, but books my favorite.

There are several reasons that don't really matter in the grand scheme of things, but are important to my everyday life.

Point one: I cannot carry around a tv with me everywhere.
    Well, I could but it would be a lot of work, and I doubt that everywhere would have cable.

Point two: There are limited videogame devices that are portable.
    There's only two that I own, the DS and the PSP.

Point three: Video games are way more expensive than books.
    I can go to the library and find many great books to read for free than I can videogames. Even online, buying videogames are expensive.

Point four: I can carry around a book during school and the teachers will be happy.
    If I am carrying around a DS or a PSP, all I'm going to have is the headache of having to get it back after school when a teacher takes it away. Cell phones don't work either, so even if I could watch tv on my cell phone, it would be taken away. Books, on the other hand, can be taken to class and the teacher will be happy you are reading, even if it is a manga.

Point five: I'm busy.
    I really don't have time to sit in front of the tv for hours, or even the computer (even if I'd like to). With a book, I can pick it up where I want to and it'll always be there when I want it.

Those are my five little pointless points that become main reasons why I perfer books to TV or Video Games.

Now, those aren't the only reasons.
    I have been reading since I was little, and before that, my father read to me at night (I seriously remember sitting on my bed when he was reading to me. Yea, we are that corny). I've always loved painting the pictures of what was happening in my head and create the characters to be the way I want them to be.
    Books have never bored me and I will always love them. I can read a book ten times and still want to read it again. But if I watch a tv show more than once, or finish a game, I don't want to go through it again. Even if I know what's going to happen in a book, I can go through and find things that I didn't see the first time that were giving hints to the ending. I love doing that.
    They're almost always better than the movie, and have the feel that the creator wanted it to have.
    Sarcasm in books is much more entertaining than onscreen. At least, I think so. While it can be portrayed wrong with a bad actor, it comes in loud and clear on paper.
    And really, you can't get stupider from reading a book. People can say that reading a comic book will make you stupider, but not nearly as much as watching some mindless tv show that brainwashes us into thinking that we should destroy the world and all those in it.

And that is why I choose books to video games or tv. *bows*
    Apologies for taking so long to explain.
    Last edited by *Tsuki*; 11-10-2009 at 09:37 PM.

Junior Member Vodka_bear is on a distinguished road Vodka_bear's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2009 09:51 PM
    Threads

I read books not often but it's really good for my brains
    Games make my eyes sooooo tired...
    And TV sucks by default.
    you are mine

Senior Member Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2010 10:45 AM
    Threads

I like Video Games!!!! One's that just suck you in and feels like you can't stop playing cause your almost to the save point.
    Then when you get to the save point you keep going cause you forget what you were supposed to do, and keep on playing till your eye's start to blur and then before you know it your eye's start to bleed...........YaY's!! For Video Games!!!!
    Last edited by Bulma1017; 11-11-2009 at 02:10 AM.

"Remember's I say's it out of LOVE!!"
    YaY's for "Love Bullets!!!"

Thank you bayamesa!!!

Senior Member MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2010 09:07 PM
    Threads

All of the above.
    Books for mellowing out
    T.V for a good story for a few hours
    Games when I feel hands on

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Video games challange it's users and gives mental exercise. Problem solving, and powers of deduction and judgment are highly useful in all walks of life. This is my personal preferance.

Books have been around almost as long as recorded history has though. And throught the power of pure imagination, people are able to conceptualize a reality that is not actually there from nothing but shear words. This applies to other books as well; I'm not specifically just refering to fiction only. In our modern day, people may tend to forget the incredible power of a single book.

The Communist Manifesto brought about a lot of the problems that we see with many authoritarian regimes, dispite the fact that Carl Marx's original intention was to save society.

Think for just a moment how history would have played out, had the Bible, or the Quron had never been written.

Or how many people's lifes would have been lost to time if they'd never made an autobiography. It would be as if they had never existed at all.

A solid reminder that the pen is always mighter than the sword, for even as great and grand an empire, or a dictator, weapon, or grudge/battle/fued/war may be, Books shall last until the end of time.
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Senior Member The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts 028 - Sandslash Tron LightCycle Falcon
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2023 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

A couple of years ago would have been differen't, but the last year of my life I have fallen in love with TV, but not just any TV, I only watch great shows.

I mostly stick to HBO and Showtime shows, I have been watching a lot of dramas like the Sopranos, there is so much greatness in tv and I love it now.
    -TWM-

Senior Member chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Pink Ribbon Cancer Tsubasa Mokona
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2011 05:33 AM
    Threads

Mm... i put books cause out of the 3 i would rather sit down with a new fiction book or manga than sit and watch TV or play on a game- TV makes me feel weird after so long, and the programmes can get boring- but i do have TV shows that i HAVE to watch ^^ and i know i have games that i get overly addicted to (Castlevania) but it annoys me when i hit a boss i cant get past (like now...) so books!
    although i spend far more time on my laptop than i do any of the three above ^^

Three Nil Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Bleach Ichigo Mask Soras Keyblade Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2011 04:38 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

i prefer video games

they can expresss so much emotions and make you fell whta the charcters are feelings,and the scenes and action from video games can get you pumped more,video games can send good messages the perfect example-in the vidoe game phantom brave for the ps2 the message was always be yourself and people will eventually begin to respect you and accept you i jus love that game it made me cry with such a sad yet happy story

"Dark light come shine in her lost heart tonight
    And blind all fears that haunt her with your smile
    Dark light"-HIM

Sparky Dork. October. has a reputation beyond repute October. has a reputation beyond repute October. has a reputation beyond repute October. has a reputation beyond repute October. has a reputation beyond repute October. has a reputation beyond repute October. has a reputation beyond repute October. has a reputation beyond repute October. has a reputation beyond repute October. has a reputation beyond repute October. has a reputation beyond repute October.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-03-2010 11:24 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

close tie between books and tv..but i chose books because they are more detailed, more intersting and we can continue wherever we left off..if there was an exam for playing vidoe games, i'd flunk it...

the soul would have no rainbow
    had the eyes no tears~
    :3

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ericgamer1 View Post
    Books have been around almost as long as recorded history has though.
    Well DUH. Before writing, we had no means of recording history.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

SES Member Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2010 04:38 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 3815-8940-4087-6200

I choose games I only read books or watch TV to break up the time between games.

Yew Neek™ is #1 DeMoNoFtHeFaLl666 has a reputation beyond repute DeMoNoFtHeFaLl666 has a reputation beyond repute DeMoNoFtHeFaLl666 has a reputation beyond repute DeMoNoFtHeFaLl666 has a reputation beyond repute DeMoNoFtHeFaLl666 has a reputation beyond repute DeMoNoFtHeFaLl666 has a reputation beyond repute DeMoNoFtHeFaLl666 has a reputation beyond repute DeMoNoFtHeFaLl666 has a reputation beyond repute DeMoNoFtHeFaLl666 has a reputation beyond repute DeMoNoFtHeFaLl666 has a reputation beyond repute DeMoNoFtHeFaLl666 has a reputation beyond repute DeMoNoFtHeFaLl666's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2010 04:50 PM
    Threads

It really depends it has to be interesting for me to get into it. But im gonna go with video games.
    "Groovy"

Member Clown Prince of Crime has a reputation beyond repute Clown Prince of Crime has a reputation beyond repute Clown Prince of Crime has a reputation beyond repute Clown Prince of Crime has a reputation beyond repute Clown Prince of Crime has a reputation beyond repute Clown Prince of Crime has a reputation beyond repute Clown Prince of Crime has a reputation beyond repute Clown Prince of Crime has a reputation beyond repute Clown Prince of Crime has a reputation beyond repute Clown Prince of Crime has a reputation beyond repute Clown Prince of Crime has a reputation beyond repute Clown Prince of Crime's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-24-2009 12:36 AM
    Threads

Video Games.

That way, I can do whatever I want.

(:
    (:

SES Member zansa has a reputation beyond repute zansa has a reputation beyond repute zansa has a reputation beyond repute zansa has a reputation beyond repute zansa has a reputation beyond repute zansa has a reputation beyond repute zansa has a reputation beyond repute zansa has a reputation beyond repute zansa has a reputation beyond repute zansa has a reputation beyond repute zansa has a reputation beyond repute zansa's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2011 10:54 PM
    Threads

ahhh come on! who likes books?

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by zansa View Post
    ahhh come on! who likes books?
    The 13 people who voted for Books.

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'll do the process of elimination.

I haven't read a full book since 4th grade, not counting manga books and other comic type books.

I often watch tv, if it be anime/NFL/wwe/etc.

I still play Video Games and have fun playing them.

So after my masterful elimination I'd say books are clearly gone and in the end I'll pick tv by a small amount.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Senior Member Marshmallow Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow Fluff's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-16-2010 07:23 PM
    Threads

It was so hard to pick between video games and books...

I love video games just as much as books, but I think I like books more because they're usually much more detailed than video games.

And the only time I'll watch TV is for anime, and that's not often.
    >:B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~ Aura ~ Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-10-2010 02:48 PM
    Threads

I like watching TV, reading, and playing video games. No one should assume that a person could only like one of those things at a time.

I voted on video games because they're MOST fun, but not the only thing I find fun.
    ~ Aura ~

"If you are near to the dark
    I will tell you 'bout the sun
    You are here, no escape
    From my visions of the world
    You will cry all alone
    But it does not mean a thing to me ..."

Pegasus Saint Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu Bleach Ichigo Mask 006 - Charizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-11-2015 08:58 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MauPerU

Between those 3, it has to be video games for me. I barely watch tv and i hate books.

Closed Thread

Thread Information