AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Amuro *without* NT Powers and other stuff

Senior Member B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2009 05:14 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Amuro *without* NT Powers and other stuff

For anyone who has wondered just how competent Amuro remains if his Newtype powers were stripped from him meaning all he has left are actual combat skill and experience, here's the closest it can get: I stripped all bonusses off him (on lvl 9), and compared him with a competent non-NT Ace and protagonist, Heero (lvl 11):

Before anyone asks, the Japanese is:

Top row: Melee Combat; Defense; Evasion
    Bottom Row: Ranged Combat; Skill; Accuracy

While it may not seem apparant that he's that skilled with about just basic knowledge on him, there are cases where his skills are displayed without the possibility of his Newtype state helping:

-A Federation detachment sent to attack the Axis implemented an automated dodge routine based on his movements, the Federation's pilots were less experienced while the Zeonic Defenders fought on home ground and consisted of Veterans who survived A Baoa Quu; the casualty rates were 1 to 3 in favor of the Federation. Axis Zeon would have been doomed early if it weren't for Char teaching the defenders to abuse the repetitiveness of the routine.

-The Jupiter Empire later recovers the Learning Computer of RX-78-2, which has recorded Amuro's Combat Data and underwent large developement efforts to achieve a combat AI (something nigh-impossible in the UC), however, the 1 in a million chance of their success would prove fatal to Earth ("They are not making the ultimate soldier, they have the ultimate soldier") a combined force of Crossbone Vanguard and a private investor (all elites) decided to assault the research facility. Just in that moment, the Facility has succeeded one capable AI and installed it on a unit to fight the invaders. The unit however, had trouble with recognizing friendly fire and attacked everything, aware of their danger, the Jupiter Empire forces also zero in on it. The results: until finally defeating the unit, all 3 forces as well as the base were completely whiped out, save for 2 MS (both damaged), 3 ejected core fighters and a flagship (protagonists, of course).

Setusuna: "I am Gundam!"
    Domon: "Man and machine as one! Gundam THE Gundam!"

Indeed, Domon's combat capacity doesn't really drop without his Gundam. in fact, being in the Gundam only means he has to distribute his power on the machine... Setsuna has found the epitome of his Ideal XD

JUMP TO 1:07

+
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

This is how you get the girl. Masterpiece indeed.

(Note: "Mistakes of youth" is derived from a Char quote, "Arigato! Minna!" aka "Thank you everyone!" is from Amuro.)
    Last edited by B Gundam; 11-06-2009 at 02:52 PM.
    Life is like Gundam ZZ, anime ja nai!
    B Gundam's sigs

For we are one World with one Dream!
    Some things are timeless. In a literal sense.

Senior Member J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2012 12:34 PM
    Threads

Amuro is definitely a damn good pilot. It's cool to see that even if he was stripped of his Newtype abilities, he would still own Joe Schmoe. Even with the 8 year lay-off, he gained a ton of experience during the OYW and again for a similar period of time from 0087-88.

On a side note, it would be nice to see what Heero's stats would've been had he fought for a similar amount of time.

P.S. What game did you get those stats from?
    Last edited by J Gundam; 11-06-2009 at 06:40 PM.

Senior Member Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Decepticons Eva NERV Aquarius
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-26-2012 10:45 AM
    Pinole, California, United States, 107905739230377, Pinole, California
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by J Gundam View Post
    Amuro is definitely a damn good pilot. It's cool to see that even if he was stripped of his Newtype abilities, he would still own Joe Schmoe. Even with the 8 year lay-off, he gained a ton of experience during the OYW and again for a similar period of time from 0087-88.

On a side note, it would be nice to see what Heero's stats would've been had he fought for a similar amount of time.

P.S. What game did you get those stats from?
    I would say about the same. Amuro is a tad higher than Heero without newtype skills, but I'd bet my Golden-plated Strike Freedom model that most of it came from his experience, time and again from the OYW and Zeta, all the way to CCA. Heero is like 15 years old. I would love to see him grow as a pilot. Too bad he won't because Wing Zero died shooting down the shelter. He can still pilot other suits, if there's any where he's at now.XP

As for the game, it looks like a Super Robot Wars(Don't know which) for the gameboy advance.
    "I'll kill Zechs. That's my way of saying thanks." -Heero Yuy

Senior Member B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2009 05:14 PM
    Threads

I wouldn't call Heero Joe Shmoe and actually thats not a tad considering overall stat growth (you should know thats a lot in SRW)

There is also a same age version (though here, Heero is also at start I believe):

Note that the number at the far right with the + should be omitted, thats the the modifier from the unit's agility and performance. Amuro's are red because like in the show, he surpasses the Gundam's capacities already (while Heero at first uses an auxilery system to even match the full capacity of his unit). His younger version is more balanced, featuring more defence (because to that time, tanking damage with RX-78-2 was much more plausible).

Those who have played this version know it has dynamic stat growth. Do note that these screens are during the first encounter with both pilots, so their stats are kept "Natural".

Awesomely strong as well, considering he can omit the ZERO system, but unfortunately his learning rate is also lower so the gap widens (not to mention that his aimbot works, so in terms of training thats probably a disadvantage), but in theory, if given time to develope, Amuro gets surpassed by Kamille and Judau (though in terms of Media, the latter more verbally stated than shown in the actual show, as ZZ kinda ends up on the sucker ball as usual. But Judau later shows as aged man piloting a wreckage - he still owns, though he actually just lead more of a humble civilian life).

But during the production of ZZ, Judau was Indeed intended to become the best pilot ever in absolutely everything as well as the strongest NT, But Amuro and Char still ended top teir because he also has his "Kid" status to maintain for a while. Still, if it weren't for Judau Ideon would have deleted Gundam Universe XD

Last edited by B Gundam; 11-06-2009 at 10:13 PM.
    Life is like Gundam ZZ, anime ja nai!
    B Gundam's sigs

For we are one World with one Dream!
    Some things are timeless. In a literal sense.

Senior Member J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2012 12:34 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Heer0Yuy View Post
    I would say about the same. Amuro is a tad higher than Heero without newtype skills, but I'd bet my Golden-plated Strike Freedom model that most of it came from his experience, time and again from the OYW and Zeta, all the way to CCA. Heero is like 15 years old. I would love to see him grow as a pilot. Too bad he won't because Wing Zero died shooting down the shelter. He can still pilot other suits, if there's any where he's at now.XP
    Although he likely watched over Relena most of his time, it's plausible that Heero joined the Preventers who have some MS in their arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by B Gundam View Post
    I wouldn't call Heero Joe Shmoe and actually thats not a tad considering overall stat growth (you should know thats a lot in SRW)
    I wasn't referring to Heero when I talked Amuro being able to defeat a run-of-the-mill pilot without his NT abilities. I meant someone like Cozun Graham.

Closed Thread

Thread Information