AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Anyone recognize this anime movie from the mid '80s?

Junior Member basicflytrap is on a distinguished road basicflytrap's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-02-2009 10:49 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Anyone recognize this anime movie from the mid '80s?

I have a pretty random question. I don't know much about anime, which is why this is my first post on the forum. I have a rather strange question. I'm hoping someone can identify the movie. I only vaguely remember a few scenes, but even though over 20 years have passed, I've always been intrigued by it, and would like to see the whole movie. Here is what I remember:

There was an evil wizard of some kind, that was turning people into green zombie type creatures, and the creatures were all stacked into a big wall. The zombies all looked identical to each other after being transformed. I remember a scene where a couple children had their parents turned into the zombie creatures. I also vaguely remember a guy sitting on a log or something and playing a flute. If I remember right, the flute playing had some significance. I think he was a good guy but I'm not sure. I remember the movie seeming very scary to a young child.

I'm sorry it that seems very vague. I'm not sure when exactly the movie came out, but I couldn't been older than 7 or 8 when I saw a few scenes from it, meaning it was out by 1987.

Junior Member LeRolls will become famous soon enough LeRolls will become famous soon enough LeRolls's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-03-2009 11:48 AM
    Threads

Damn, wish I knew the name of your anime. I know what it's like to have images stuck in your head from when you were a kid and not knowing where they come from. I had to deal with the same thing but at least I was finally able to figure out that my movie was called Windaria which ADV changed the title to Once Upon a Time when they released it on DVD.

Senior Member zerog has a reputation beyond repute zerog has a reputation beyond repute zerog has a reputation beyond repute zerog has a reputation beyond repute zerog has a reputation beyond repute zerog has a reputation beyond repute zerog has a reputation beyond repute zerog has a reputation beyond repute zerog has a reputation beyond repute zerog has a reputation beyond repute zerog has a reputation beyond repute zerog's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-20-2009 01:20 PM
    Threads

Grave of the Fireflies maybe?

To say is easy, To do that is hard... (Rurouni Kenshin)

Closed Thread

Thread Information