AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The big questions

No Rain No Rainbow!!! OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Red Dango Fuuko Starfish Cake
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-08-2012 11:37 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Where does the incredible hulk get all of his shirts and pants?
    Maybe Hulk makes them in his lab. (If he's not hulk yet.)

Some people say "You can't have it all." I say "I can try~!!!" - OtakuInu!!!

Twitter-Tumblr
    -DevArt-YouTube-Formspring

OtakuInu~!!! Red V.I.P dango

SES Member Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2010 04:38 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 3815-8940-4087-6200

Then who was phone?

みんなで歌おうよ!
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2013 06:58 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiken- View Post
    What's the meaning of life?
    If you really want to know the meaning of life, click here.

Quote Originally Posted by Eris
    How do I shot web?
    What you seek is an answer. What you must seek is the question.

"How do I shut web?"

By destroying every computer in the world.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-11-2014 08:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiken- View Post
    2 - What's the meaning of life?
    Why do people seek the meaning of life?

(Actually, the meaning of life, so it turns out, is a movie from 1983).

みんなで歌おうよ!
    Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Because they don't know it. The question is:

Why don't people know it?

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by akuNoHikari View Post
    Because they don't know it.
    That's not a good explanation. People don't know what color April 15 1993 had either. But they don't go around asking that question.

Senior Member DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Grumpy
    Gifts Trollface Beer Cookie
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2014 02:24 PM
    Threads

Where does the incredible hulk get all of his shirts and pants?
    Hot Topic?
    What is the name of the process of removing hydras? (It's not dehydration)
    Hydrectomy?
    How do I shot web?
    When you reached puberty.

みんなで歌おうよ!
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

That's not a good explanation. People don't know what color April 15 1993 had either. But they don't go around asking that question.
    I meant that because people fail to find meaning in their life, they seek it (... while other people just accept the fact that life is meaningless.)

If you look at life as a big meaningless cycle where everything starts and ends to make the cycle continue, you'll see yourself as nothing but another meaningless life form in the whole meaningless cycle. But they are looking for the meaning of life in the wrong place. It's not anywhere in the cycle itself. The meaning of life exists only in one place: inside you. If you can't find a meaning inside you, your life is meaningless.

Now, many people think of it as an illusion. Let's go with that and say it's an illusion. I'll ask them this question: Why not have that illusion? Do you like your life without a meaning? Are you happy in a meaningless life? If it's so meaningless, why not just end it? If you give your life a meaning, what will you get? And what will you lose? And if you keep it meaningless, what do you get? And what do you lose?

And yet, the meaning of life is not an illusion. It is real. And you will say that illusion seems real to the person having it. But that's just how the human works. If you feel it, it's real inside you. And we're not talking about aliens or something physical to say that feeling it isn't enough for it to be real. It's a feeling in the first place. So, if it exists inside you, it's real inside you. Is it important that it's not real outside of you? No. It's YOUR feeling. There's no way in the world that it will exist outside of you anyway. But when it exists inside you, it gives you a lot. (Or you will say it makes you feel you have a lot, even though you have really nothing? Doesn't matter. Because when you appreciate what you have, no matter how little it is, you live your life happily. And your life time will sometime end either ways, whether you appreciate it or not. And on either ways, we own nothing in this life. That's not a reason for us not to have meaning in it.)

That's just my humble point of view. Participation is welcome.

And note that I was speaking as if life really ends when the person dies, but I didn't want to drive the conversation into somewhere else. But if you want my opinion, I find that the meaning in this life comes from the fact that we have another life to live after this one. This whole world is meaningless when our first life ends, but our existence in this world is not meaningless. What we did during our life will remain with us forever in our afterlife.

You see, this leads the conversation places, because not all people reading it believe in an afterlife, so let's stay with the life part.
    Last edited by Aku no Hikari; 10-30-2009 at 04:07 AM.

みんなで歌おうよ!
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I found a logical failure in the following statement:

because people fail to find meaning in their life, they seek it
    If person X fails to find object Y, it means X is already seeking it. The question was why does X seek Y in the first place.

EDIT: Sorry for double posting, but I found that it's necessary to split this. The rest of what I said in the first post was more like "what's my opinion in the meaning of life" than an answer to this question. (Why do people seek it.)

What is your answer to that question, Eris? Why do you think people seek the meaning of life?

Anyway, discussion is welcome (from everybody).
    Last edited by Aku no Hikari; 10-30-2009 at 04:53 AM.

Member Jiansword95 has a reputation beyond repute Jiansword95 has a reputation beyond repute Jiansword95 has a reputation beyond repute Jiansword95 has a reputation beyond repute Jiansword95 has a reputation beyond repute Jiansword95 has a reputation beyond repute Jiansword95 has a reputation beyond repute Jiansword95 has a reputation beyond repute Jiansword95 has a reputation beyond repute Jiansword95 has a reputation beyond repute Jiansword95 has a reputation beyond repute Jiansword95's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-11-2009 07:56 PM
    Threads

akuNoHikari, I dont yet understand what you mean. You say that you must find meaning in your life by looking in yourself, but you also speak of this cycle. What could you possibly do to make your life have meaning to the cycle. You are incredibly small, how can one possibly have meaning in this cycle. What is meaning in life? Is it becoming more important in the cycle? If so how would you define important?

With all respect,
    Charlie
    Last edited by Jiansword95; 10-30-2009 at 01:11 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I think that people seek the meaning of life because of misguided reasons. What happens is that they find that life has suffering, and want to find a meaning with this suffering so they seek the meaning of life -- but this is absolutely absurd! They shouldn't be seeking the meaning of life, they should be seeking the meaning of suffering!

Faded Existence Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts Favorite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-26-2013 02:44 PM
    Threads

what he's getting at is fairly, if you have something you think gives your life meaning-whether it be a career goal, a humanitarian goal, or a self-obsessed might get into a lot of trouble goal- then you would not be seeking. If however you have nothing that drives you internally. No realisation or dream of your future, no hope for your present existence then you will internalise that as beeing on a quest for the meaning of life when really you only need think about yourself and what goals can secure your happiness and work towards it.

The ultimate in life is to be happy without any strings attached, just joy stemming from the love of something or someone or even both but if you cannot for yourself think of ways to make that happen thats when you image life having no meaning..I think it all goes into your psychological frame of mind. You work out dreams aspirations, goals call it what you will and these large or sometimes small objectives move your life along giving meaning as it satisfies your urge to progress and keep active. Therefore in my view lack of these objectives removes the ability to progress and the human psychie was design naturally for progression and self preservation through adaptations and learnt behaviours, there causing us to go on this big made up quest for "the meaning of life"..

In short I agree with AkuNoHikari that if its an illusion its one that satisfies our basic need for guidance and gives us a feeling of what i'd say can be called accomplishment which keeps us fro going on the preverbial quest. In turn without the illusion we are lost and are forced to search for an answer that should be internal on a physical plane.

Gil
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

There's a crippling flaw in defining your own goal as a meaning of life. You are merely shifting the unanswered question to "What is the meaning of accomplishing your goal/being driven/getting out of bed in the morning?"

Sorry to go all classical skepticism on you, but this really is a profound problem in theories like this.
    Last edited by Eris; 10-30-2009 at 09:17 AM.

Faded Existence Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts Favorite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I see what you mean but if I choose to stand still and let life pass me by then it has no meaning. Then for me to have meaning I have to be in motion and my goals give a path on which to travel

Gil
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rein* View Post
    I see what you mean but if I choose to stand still and let life pass me by then it has no meaning. Then for me to have meaning I have to be in motion and my goals give a path on which to travel
    Why is that? Certainly, you will accomplish less if you just lay around in bed all day, but can you with certainty say that your accomplishments, if you do something, will be meaningful?

In a sense: What is the meaning of a meaningful life?

Gil
    Happy
    Gifts Favorite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

So now your creating a question within the question itself which is problematic seeing the first question is yet to be solved. But for now all retreat i have to get to work but let me leave you with this the of life for me is love. Without it everything in my world accomplishments and all are pointless.

みんなで歌おうよ!
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Jiansword95 View Post
    akuNoHikari, I dont yet understand what you mean. You say that you must find meaning in your life by looking in yourself, but you also speak of this cycle. What could you possibly do to make your life have meaning to the cycle. You are incredibly small, how can one possibly have meaning in this cycle. What is meaning in life? Is it becoming more important in the cycle? If so how would you define important?
    It won't have a meaning to the cycle. It will have a meaning to the person. And I didn't say that having a meaning for your life makes you important to the cycle in any way. The meaning of your life affects only you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eris
    Certainly, you will accomplish less if you just lay around in bed all day, but can you with certainty say that your accomplishments, if you do something, will be meaningful?
    It will be meaningful to HER. Something meaningful to me or you is not necessarily meaningful to the whole world.

You are looking at the whole world, and seeing that we are like invisible little dots inside it. Either ways, one day the human will die. Did one's life and death have any meaning to the world? Not a little bit. But you are missing the whole point. During one's life, whether or not someone feels that one's life has a meaning only exists inside oneself. The meaning of life is its meaning to the person, which exists only inside the person, and its effect only affects the person. Nothing to the world. It's all an internal personal thing that lives with you and dies with you. If it's important, it's only important to you during your life. Never has an effect on the big cycle.

You will say that this is meaningless. To the big cycle? Yes. But that's not important. We are not the big cycle. We are the little dots. Feeling that our life has a meaning DOES have an effect on US. And that effect is a very big effect that changes one's view of the whole world, shifts one's attitudes and makes them live their life with passion.

Does the cycle care about that? I don't care. Why should I? I am a little dot in this cycle, and I will not have any big effect on it anyway. In fact, this whole cycle will come to an end someday. And when it ends, it will be meaningless.

And IMHO, what's important is what will come after the cycle. But let's just avoid that now, and save that for a serious thread that is intended for talking about that (if we will even talk about it...)
    Last edited by Aku no Hikari; 11-15-2009 at 04:26 PM.

Senior Member Dead rose has a reputation beyond repute Dead rose has a reputation beyond repute Dead rose has a reputation beyond repute Dead rose has a reputation beyond repute Dead rose has a reputation beyond repute Dead rose has a reputation beyond repute Dead rose has a reputation beyond repute Dead rose has a reputation beyond repute Dead rose has a reputation beyond repute Dead rose has a reputation beyond repute Dead rose has a reputation beyond repute Dead rose's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2010 11:23 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: hey whats that??

how come it turned out to be a "meaning of life chat"??

anyways who created this whole santa clause thingy???

then does strength represent justice, is powerlessness a crime??I'm not the one at fault the world is.

-lelouch

みんなで歌おうよ!
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Dead rose View Post
    *points the finger at Eris* (Just kidding)

Let me add a couple questions:

How do I shut nuclear missile?
    How do I shot up?
    Last edited by Aku no Hikari; 11-15-2009 at 04:28 PM.

Actually bigger than you. miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Violin Cds
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2013 07:01 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: miniPhil

Also, old memes are not infected with , but new memes automagically are.
    I always preferred the duckroll.

Also how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
    This is a Sig. It's horribly out of date.

Awaken Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2011 09:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

*points the finger at Eris* (Just kidding)

Let me add a couple questions:

How do I shut nuclear missile?
    How do I shot up?
    Ask Iran.

Question: What is the proper way to prepare an omlet? /serious
    Last edited by Ericgamer1; 10-30-2009 at 11:29 AM.

^by Hakuchuumu^

^Xey Oiz^

The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Member Jiansword95 has a reputation beyond repute Jiansword95 has a reputation beyond repute Jiansword95 has a reputation beyond repute Jiansword95 has a reputation beyond repute Jiansword95 has a reputation beyond repute Jiansword95 has a reputation beyond repute Jiansword95 has a reputation beyond repute Jiansword95 has a reputation beyond repute Jiansword95 has a reputation beyond repute Jiansword95 has a reputation beyond repute Jiansword95 has a reputation beyond repute Jiansword95's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-11-2009 07:56 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Dead rose View Post

anyways who created this whole santa clause thingy???
    It's Sinterklaas acually.
    The French, based of the real saint nick- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Nicholas
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklaas

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information