AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Hailing from Osaka in the big red dot.

Member Unrested has much to be proud of Unrested has much to be proud of Unrested has much to be proud of Unrested has much to be proud of Unrested has much to be proud of Unrested has much to be proud of Unrested has much to be proud of Unrested has much to be proud of Unrested's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-23-2009 10:10 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Hailing from Osaka in the big red dot.

Hello everyone, I am Unrested

I have lived in Japan for 3 years now where I work as a kindergarten teacher (teaching english obviously) and singing part time in a deathmetal band (which definitely does not pay for much).

I have studied Japanese for a little over 3 years now and would say I speak on an intermediate level. Currently I am studying to take the JLPT 2Kyu Test, and have mastered a little over 1,000 kanji (only 2,700 more to go...bleh).

In my spare time I work on making videos that let others know about living in Japan. I.e. what to expect, how to navigate everyday obstacles, and some of the most enjoyable aspects this great country has to offer. If you are interested in any of that please check out www.youtube.com/unrested

I have over 100 videos on Japan FAQs so if you have any questions check them out...I have probably answered it already

Anyway as I dont get to converse much or even type that much in english these days (even when i get home i speak to my girl and pets in japanese) I thought i would join to discuss all things within that I too enjoy in my native tongue.

As for manga authors I loven Ochazukeinori and Kazuo Umezu. I also have read every single Gantz and continue to buy them as they very very slowly come out lol.

yoroshiku onegaishimasu!
    -Unrested

Avie made by Wolley Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-21-2010 11:08 PM
    Threads

hiya welcome to AF

Sadly when i went to japan the group i was with decided to skip out on Osaka for an extra 3 days in Tokyo
    Last edited by Xombii; 10-21-2009 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RaShayRitto View Post
    this thread made me facepalm so hard my hand went through my skull and grabbed the head of the person reading over my shoulder before ripping their head off and pulling it through the hole in my head.

No Rain No Rainbow!!! OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Red Dango Fuuko Starfish Cake
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-22-2018 12:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: k9craze

Cool

Yoroshiku onegaishimasu mo. ^_^

Welcome to AF.

Enjoy.
    [Random words of wisdom here]
    [Photo signature here]
    [Random words here]

What a feeling in my soul Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Red Dango Telescope Favorite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-10-2012 04:21 AM
    Threads

Hey there!Welcome to the forum!
    Your lucky that you live in Japan!
    Anyway,read the rules and stay active!!
    Hope you enjoy your stay!
    PM me if you want to be friends or need any help with anything at all!
    Take care of yourself now!
    Catch you later!<3
    Lovely set made by the awesome Arxia!
    Thanks so much girl!
    ♥♥♥

Senior Member Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Gifts EVE Heart Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2012 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

congrats on living in Japan..
    neighbor..

~Howl's Mistress Evil Twin from the Other Side here to save her from further humiliation...

avenge me!..
    kill kill kill

sig by .Elmer

Member Unrested has much to be proud of Unrested has much to be proud of Unrested has much to be proud of Unrested has much to be proud of Unrested has much to be proud of Unrested has much to be proud of Unrested has much to be proud of Unrested has much to be proud of Unrested's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Xombii View Post
    hiya welcome to AF

Sadly when i went to japan the group i was with decided to skip out on Osaka for an extra 3 days in Tokyo
    yeah most people skip over osaka, not realizing its second in population density to tokyo, making it a huge hot spot as well. also osaka people are kind nutty compared tokyo-ites. they sing while walking, talk loudly, and are always happy to give you directions or even more so to try and score a deal when buying something.

on the down side...understanding kansai-ben is brutal at times...arigatou becomes ookini and totemo becomes mecha. there are many other grammar and suffix changes too that blwo your mind and make many study books useless if one lives in this area.
    when you have nothing left to burn...set yourself on fire.

Senior Member Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts 311 - Plusle 133 - Eevee Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-31-2014 03:25 AM
    Threads

Welcome to AF,
    ever need a friend just PM me.

Member Zack Keynes has much to be proud of Zack Keynes has much to be proud of Zack Keynes has much to be proud of Zack Keynes has much to be proud of Zack Keynes has much to be proud of Zack Keynes has much to be proud of Zack Keynes has much to be proud of Zack Keynes has much to be proud of Zack Keynes has much to be proud of Zack Keynes has much to be proud of Zack Keynes's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2010 10:16 AM
    Threads

welcome to AF!
    wow! youre living in japan! cool. XD
    i love that country.

enjoy your stay here and have fun. ^_^

みんなで歌おうよ!
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2013 06:58 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Welcome to AF, Unrested!

Singing with a Death Metal band? Awesome! You may want to sing with the AF Music Project.

And living in Japan must be an awesome thing, isn't it?

Anyways, follow the forum rules and have fun here. If you want a friend, you can PM me.

And good luck on your tests.

Visage Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-28-2009 05:11 PM
    Threads

Now thats some intro , loved it.
    I will be most glad to welcome you.
    I hope you stick around with us as much as possible.

See ya around.
    wish me luck for furture guys!!!!
    Thanks for everything!!!
    ^___^

Faded Existence Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts Favorite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-26-2013 02:44 PM
    Threads

Welcome AF
    wanna be my tutor; rather as my lecture puts it my penpal

Moderator ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2017 07:39 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: the_wolfie

Hi there and welcome to AF
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Twin sister: Angella_Kagamine

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by akuNoHikari View Post
    Welcome to AF, Unrested!

Singing with a Death Metal band? Awesome! You may want to sing with the AF Music Project.

And living in Japan must be an awesome thing, isn't it?

Anyways, follow the forum rules and have fun here. If you want a friend, you can PM me.

And good luck on your tests.
    yes, i love it. honestly there is not a day i wake up that i am still amazed to be here.

also just signed up for the af music stuff. would be happy to help

finally, thanks about the tests. we will see how it goes. i have to know close to 4000 kanji to have a decent chance. i am at about 1000...sooo yeah haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Rein* View Post
    Welcome AF
    wanna be my tutor; rather as my lecture puts it my penpal
    haha, well although i can speak at an intermediate level i tend to shy away from tutoring as i dont consider myself fluent yet (i.e. i still mix up some particles like ni/de/e also my pron. still fails at times ), and personally i feel learning from a native speaker is always best....but! i do have some street japanese slang on my youtube site under the same name where i teach some pretty rough and tough japanese - and also a few romance phrases in there!

www.youtube.com/unrested if you want to learn or just look at some of the beauty japan has to offer. my newest vid has the country side in japan. amazing stuff.
    Last edited by Unrested; 10-22-2009 at 08:58 PM.

Thunderbringer! RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Cake
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2017 12:40 PM
    Threads

pretty cool that youre working overseas. hows the pay?

welcome to AF and thanks for your enthusiasm for the (probably soon dead) music project!
    Thanks to Wolley for the sexay siggeh! Good work, Wollz!
    On a mountain top
    Bearded RaShay slays demon
    Rocks out on guitar

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by RaShayRitto View Post
    pretty cool that youre working overseas. hows the pay?

welcome to AF and thanks for your enthusiasm for the (probably soon dead) music project!
    the pay is relative but for the most part i would say it ranges from 1,500 usd a month being the lowest, and 5,000 plus for those who work at super expensive international schools. i work for the osaka board of education so i fall in between that, and for the most part every place pays pretty well. the only places that really try to screw gaijin over are eikaiwas (english conversation schools) which are considered the McDonalds of the english teaching industry.

Senior Member Dr. Thunder has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Thunder has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Thunder has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Thunder has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Thunder has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Thunder has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Thunder has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Thunder has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Thunder has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Thunder has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Thunder has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Thunder's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-29-2011 10:14 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Dr Thunder PSN ID: Soulstocker101

Welcome to AF hope you enjoy the site

Closed Thread

Thread Information