AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why Tarot Reading IS BAD II

Mavericker- nothing else Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2009 05:44 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Why Tarot Reading IS BAD II

HI. This isn't a flame thread. The Bible clearly states WHY we shouldn't read tarot cards:

http://www.gospelway.com/religiousgroups/witchcraft.php

C. Psychics and Fortune-tellers

This includes all those who attempt to predict the future by supernatural, spirit powers: fortune-tellers, crystal ball readers, palm readers, mind readers, reading tarot cards [silent “t” in tarot], reading tea leaves, or Ouija board [reading animal livers — Ezek. 21:21].
    The Bible says: Only God can read the minds of men.

1 Corinthians 2:11 — For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.
    John 2:25 — Jesus had no need that anyone should testify of man, for He knew what was in man.
    1 Kings 8:39 — Only God knows the hearts of man [Jer. 17:10].
    Psychics and mind readers pretend to read men’s minds, but only God has this power, and He no longer gives it to men (see 1 Cor. 13 below). When men claim supernatural power to read the minds of others, they are involved in a form of witchcraft and divination, condemned in the passages above. Only God can predict the future.

James 4:14 — You do not know what will happen tomorrow.
    Proverbs 27:1 — Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth. So, no human can predict the future by natural law. Any effort to predict the future must be based on supernatural powers.
    Isaiah 41:21-23; 42:8,9 — God challenged the idols to prove they are gods by predicting the future. He rested His claim to Deity on His ability to predict the future.
    So, God says no power but His can really predict the future. When people claim to be able to do it by occult means, they are claiming the power of God (regardless of their intent).
    1 Corinthians 13:8-10 — God did miracles in the age when His written word was not complete. By God’s supernatural power, men revealed His will and confirmed by miracles that it was from God (Mark 16:20; Acts 14:3; Heb. 2:3,4). Since the written word (that which is perfect — James 1:25) has come, God no longer gives men the power of prophecy.
    So, no one today can predict the future by the power of God. Anyone who claims such a power is not doing it by God’s power. Whatever power he claims, it must be a form of occult divination, condemned by God.
    [Cf. Acts 8:14ff; 1:22; Jude 3; etc. See notes on work of Holy Spirit.] A test for impostors is to see if their predictions ever fail.

Deuteronomy 18:20-22 — After rebuking all forms of the occult (vv 9-14), God predicted the coming of the true prophet (Jesus) in whom people should trust (vv 15-19). Then He explained some ways people could recognize false prophets. A prophet is not from God if he claims to speak in the name of some other god or if his predictions of the future do not come true.
    Occult diviners, psychics, and fortune tellers often speak in the name of supernatural beings other than the God of the Bible. All who do so are false prophets.
    Other occult prognosticators are proven to be false teachers when their predictions fail to come true. Here are some examples: Jean Dixon

She became famous by predicting the death of John Kennedy. But one rarely hears about her predictions that failed. These include:
    * World War III would begin in 1958. (Did it?)
    * Russia would put the first man on the moon. (A good guess since they led the space race at the time. But America was first; Russia still has not done it.)
    * Lyndon Johnson would be the Democratic candidate for president in 1968. (Since he was president at the time, he was the logical choice. But he refused to run.)
    * President Ford would resign and Rockefeller would replace him. (Ford never resigned; Rockefeller was never president.)
    * Reagan would be the Republican candidate for president in 1976. (Ford won the nomination instead).
    [Others: Red China would enter the UN in 1958 — it didn’t happen till much later. Vietnam war would end within 90 days of May 7, 1966 — it did not happen till much later. All quotes via: Halbrook, 1974 Florida College lectures; O’Neal, Searching the Scriptures, 6/78] National Enquirer psychics

People have recorded the results of their predictions as follows:
    * 22 false predictions in 1975 (R. Harris, Contender, 1/76)
    * 14 misses in the second half of 1977 (O’Neal, Searching the Scriptures, 6/78).
    * Of 58 predictions, only two were right, and these were easy guesses (Bob Craig, Gospel Anchor, 5/79). The track records of the psychics proves they are false teachers. We should not be afraid of them.

GOD is the ONLY ONE WHO KNOWS THE FUTURE.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mavericker View Post
    HI. This isn't a flame thread. The Bible clearly states WHY we shouldn't read tarot cards:

This includes all those who attempt to predict the future by supernatural, spirit powers: fortune-tellers, crystal ball readers, palm readers, mind readers, reading tarot cards [silent “t” in tarot], reading tea leaves, or Ouija board [reading animal livers — Ezek. 21:21].

1 Corinthians 2:11 — For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.
    John 2:25 — Jesus had no need that anyone should testify of man, for He knew what was in man.
    Psychics and mind readers pretend to read men’s minds, but only God has this power, and He no longer gives it to men (see 1 Cor. 13 below). When men claim supernatural power to read the minds of others, they are involved in a form of witchcraft and divination, condemned in the passages above. Only God can predict the future.

Proverbs 27:1 — Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth. So, no human can predict the future by natural law. Any effort to predict the future must be based on supernatural powers.
    Isaiah 41:21-23; 42:8,9 — God challenged the idols to prove they are gods by predicting the future. He rested His claim to Deity on His ability to predict the future.
    So, God says no power but His can really predict the future. When people claim to be able to do it by occult means, they are claiming the power of God (regardless of their intent).
    1 Corinthians 13:8-10 — God did miracles in the age when His written word was not complete. By God’s supernatural power, men revealed His will and confirmed by miracles that it was from God (Mark 16:20; Acts 14:3; Heb. 2:3,4). Since the written word (that which is perfect — James 1:25) has come, God no longer gives men the power of prophecy.
    So, no one today can predict the future by the power of God. Anyone who claims such a power is not doing it by God’s power. Whatever power he claims, it must be a form of occult divination, condemned by God.
    [Cf. Acts 8:14ff; 1:22; Jude 3; etc. See notes on work of Holy Spirit.] A test for impostors is to see if their predictions ever fail.

Deuteronomy 18:20-22 — After rebuking all forms of the occult (vv 9-14), God predicted the coming of the true prophet (Jesus) in whom people should trust (vv 15-19). Then He explained some ways people could recognize false prophets. A prophet is not from God if he claims to speak in the name of some other god or if his predictions of the future do not come true.
    Occult diviners, psychics, and fortune tellers often speak in the name of supernatural beings other than the God of the Bible. All who do so are false prophets.
    Other occult prognosticators are proven to be false teachers when their predictions fail to come true. Here are some examples: Jean Dixon

She became famous by predicting the death of John Kennedy. But one rarely hears about her predictions that failed. These include:
    * Russia would put the first man on the moon. (A good guess since they led the space race at the time. But America was first; Russia still has not done it.)
    * Lyndon Johnson would be the Democratic candidate for president in 1968. (Since he was president at the time, he was the logical choice. But he refused to run.)
    * President Ford would resign and Rockefeller would replace him. (Ford never resigned; Rockefeller was never president.)
    * Reagan would be the Republican candidate for president in 1976. (Ford won the nomination instead).
    [Others: Red China would enter the UN in 1958 — it didn’t happen till much later. Vietnam war would end within 90 days of May 7, 1966 — it did not happen till much later. All quotes via: Halbrook, 1974 Florida College lectures; O’Neal, Searching the Scriptures, 6/78] National Enquirer psychics

* 14 misses in the second half of 1977 (O’Neal, Searching the Scriptures, 6/78).
    * Of 58 predictions, only two were right, and these were easy guesses (Bob Craig, Gospel Anchor, 5/79). The track records of the psychics proves they are false teachers. We should not be afraid of them.

Ah what the heck, I'm in a good mood today, this thread gets to live. But if even the most insignificant flame war arises, I'll close it.
    Last edited by Eris; 10-17-2009 at 02:50 PM.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Mavericker- nothing else Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'm glad my family and I never got involved with that stuff.

Omega Codes are Biblical.

I am not flaming. I can't associate with anyone involved in taort reading.
    Last edited by Mavericker; 10-17-2009 at 03:22 PM.

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

Well, I'm sure when they re-wrote the bible, they missed a few things. I don't really mind tarot cards, now that I think about it. I don't really believe them to be right either.

EXTROVERTED HERO Kamen Rider V3 Blue has a brilliant future Kamen Rider V3 Blue has a brilliant future Kamen Rider V3 Blue has a brilliant future Kamen Rider V3 Blue has a brilliant future Kamen Rider V3 Blue has a brilliant future Kamen Rider V3 Blue has a brilliant future Kamen Rider V3 Blue has a brilliant future Kamen Rider V3 Blue has a brilliant future Kamen Rider V3 Blue has a brilliant future Kamen Rider V3 Blue has a brilliant future Kamen Rider V3 Blue has a brilliant future Kamen Rider V3 Blue's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-07-2010 12:35 PM
    Threads

Tarot Cards/divination are not witchcraft FTR(My Mom loves the stuff)Do I believe in Tarot reading/fortune telling?No not really but I have nothing against the people who do.

What?I enjoy some shojo series/characters...

Senior Member genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Tolerant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2010 03:31 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsis View Post
    Well, I'm sure when they re-wrote the bible, they missed a few things.
    If I could I would shoot you in the head with an automatic shotgun.

Anyways Mavericker with the annoying text, are you trying to point out that the bible says that only God can predict the future? I believe the bible is saying that. But there are a lot of people who don't believe the bible to be true fact. Using the bible as a reference this way will just come down to the argument of the bible being correct or not. You seem to be trying to convince people that reading tarot cards is wrong because it says so in the bible. But what you need to realize is most people you will meet don't follow or believe the bible's word.
    Last edited by genericusername2; 10-18-2009 at 12:19 AM.
    Last edited by Santa Clause : 25/12/1bc at 00:00 AM. Reason: I felt like it, you idiot.

Senior Member ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-23-2016 09:18 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Hey, Mav, some people live by the way of Tarot and the way of the craft, I accept that you and your family don't like it for that is how you were raised. Others out here were brought up learning this stuff and believing it is our life and our way, please accept it as is, that some approve and some don't.
    I am no more a rose than I am its thorns.
    No more a gentle breeze than I am the hailing storm.
    I am no more hated than I am loved.
    And I am no more heartfilled than I am heartless.
    This is who I am.
    ~ELR

Senior Member .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts A Duck 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-24-2016 11:02 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

why would god need to predict the future if our destiny's ere mapped out to his design?

and i've been looking for an excuse to add this:
    +
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Lex Luger R.I.P
    ¦ Sexy Logo By Me ¦ R A R E R E N D E R ¦ Tutorial requests and PSD Requests open ¦ Tag Thread

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

Quote Originally Posted by Pansy Gay View Post
    If I could I would shoot you in the head with an automatic shotgun.
    Why shoot me? They did rewrite the original bible, and I'm sure they exaggerated a lot of stuff. And seeing as Shakespeare liked to do that, i'm sure it's mostly lies or twisted truth.

みんなで歌おうよ!
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2013 06:58 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Regardless of what the Bible says (I'm not a Christian), but I don't believe in those fortune tellers. It doesn't make sense to get your future told by some stupid cards or crystal ball. Also, "knowing" something about one's future (regardless of whether it's true or not) can be very destructive. Like if someone tells you you're going to die after two years, you're gonna spend the whole two years depressed. ((And honestly, you're gonna go beat them up to death when your time comes and you find out that you haven't died, and that you've been laughed at.))

I DO believe in "paranormal" things, but just not in this way. For example, seeing something about the future in a dream. (Even though almost everything one sees in a dream is not from any "paranormal" source, just the subconsciousness... but it DOES happen.)

Senior Member genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Tolerant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2010 03:31 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsis View Post
    Why shoot me? They did rewrite the original bible, and I'm sure they exaggerated a lot of stuff. And seeing as Shakespeare liked to do that, i'm sure it's mostly lies or twisted truth.
    You're sure they exaggerated? Sounds like you have a lot of evidence to that claim. Mostly lies or twisted truth? Haha there are many different versions to the bible, but the text and verses' are virtually the same. I would imagine some would differ from others more, but still the same. Considering how any different versions of the bible there are...

You are trying to tell me that hundreds of different people re wrote the bible with their own exaggerated beliefs and their own twisted lies and truths, but the hundreds of different writers all decided to say the same thing in their re written versions of the bible? Funny when these writers are living in seperate countries across the world and most were from before we were born..

Allow me to explain the truth. Different churches and writing companies around the world wrote "their version" of the bible from collected books like the wisdom book, major prophets, historical book, Torah or Pentateuch and then there are ones like the book of John/Luke/Mathew/Job/Ruth/Genises/Exodus etc. These books consist of the writings of the bible. There are a lot more and these books were written a VERY long time ago. They are not 'exaggerated or twisted'.

I couldn't be bothered explaining anything else to you. I would much rather shoot you with a gun.
    Last edited by genericusername2; 10-18-2009 at 01:47 PM.
    Last edited by Santa Clause : 25/12/1bc at 00:00 AM. Reason: I felt like it, you idiot.

Senior Member Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2010 10:45 AM
    Threads

I couldn't be bothered explaining anything else to you. I would much rather shoot you with a gun.

But Gun's are Evil!! -Meh.....What Am' I Talking about?.. Do what you want..... (Grab controler put in Halo 3) "Double-kill" "Triple-Kill"

(Me in background. YES!!)

"Remember's I say's it out of LOVE!!"
    YaY's for "Love Bullets!!!"

Thank you bayamesa!!!

teed's Puppy International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818's Avatar
    Gil
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-09-2016 05:02 PM
    Threads

You're sure they exaggerated? Sounds like you have a lot of evidence to that claim. Mostly lies or twisted truth? Haha there are many different versions to the bible, but the text and verses' are virtually the same. I would imagine some would differ from others more, but still the same. Considering how any different versions of the bible there are...

You are trying to tell me that hundreds of different people re wrote the bible with their own exaggerated beliefs and their own twisted lies and truths, but the hundreds of different writers all decided to say the same thing in their re written versions of the bible? Funny when these writers are living in seperate countries across the world and most were from before we were born..

Allow me to explain the truth. Different churches and writing companies around the world wrote "their version" of the bible from collected books like the wisdom book, major prophets, historical book, Torah or Pentateuch and then there are ones like the book of John/Luke/Mathew/Job/Ruth/Genises/Exodus etc. These books consist of the writings of the bible. There are a lot more and these books were written a VERY long time ago. They are not 'exaggerated or twisted'.

I agree with you, however there are the other sects (not so much apart of the christian belief) like christian science, mormonism, jehovah witnesses, ect. that have changed the scripture which is wrong for God has said that the Scripture is never to be changed.

Senior Member Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra's Avatar
    Gil
    Woot
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Apple Systems NES Controller
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2011 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

So basically what you're trying to say is is that people shouldn't read and/or get involved with tarot cards because only your God knows what the future holds, right?

As I'm a profound believer in forging one's own future with one's own strength of will and unrelenting effort, trying to predict the future is something of a moot point for me. 'Sides, even if there is some 'divine' plan out there for us; it's probably so beyond anything that we meager humans are capable of understanding that there's no point in even thinking about it, don't ya think?

My thanks to Xey Oiz for the awesome new set.

"Screw being normal and be awesome instead!"

Senior Member Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2011 12:15 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Tarot reading is bad because it often costs money. The future isn't set in stone. Life is what you make of it, whether or not you believe in the invisible man in the sky.

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

The bible also speaks of dozens of prophets who've predicted the future, none of whom are God, but mortal men.
    On top of that, some of them are saints and according to the bible most of their prophecy's on the future came true.

Explain that one.

Senior Member Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Present Bomb Aquarius
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2014 05:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I find it hard to believe that little cards can tell a future anyway. All the reader does is lay out cards than flip them over, it's all random.

But a good way to make money ._. People dish out hundreds.

ein, zwei, drei, vier bin endlich weg von Dir
    fünf, sechs, sieben, acht Du hast jetzt keine Macht

Member Desert Coyote has a reputation beyond repute Desert Coyote has a reputation beyond repute Desert Coyote has a reputation beyond repute Desert Coyote has a reputation beyond repute Desert Coyote has a reputation beyond repute Desert Coyote has a reputation beyond repute Desert Coyote has a reputation beyond repute Desert Coyote has a reputation beyond repute Desert Coyote has a reputation beyond repute Desert Coyote has a reputation beyond repute Desert Coyote has a reputation beyond repute Desert Coyote's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2010 04:12 PM
    Threads

What do you make of so-called modern Christian "prophets" who predict the future or make wild claims based on their "holiness" which are really motivated by money-grubbing?

Examples:
    Orel Roberts (aka Mr. "Send-Me-Ten-Million-Dollars-Or-God-Will-Call-Me-Home." He got his $10 million, all right)
    Pat Robertson (aka Mr. "Random-Viewers-Will-Be-Healed-For-A-Donation-Of-Four-Figures-Or-More.")

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Heinekenrana and a few others here have admitted they are into tarot reading. They can't say they weren't told.

If you're involved with tarot reading that makes you a witch.

I don't business with witches.
    Last edited by Mavericker; 10-19-2009 at 03:00 PM.

Senior Member Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Present Bomb Aquarius
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2014 05:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I don't believe in witches anyway. WICCAN is a religion, but actual witches/magic, no, sorry. >:

ein, zwei, drei, vier bin endlich weg von Dir
    fünf, sechs, sieben, acht Du hast jetzt keine Macht

Senior Member Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Candlejack Xmas Bear2 Jack O Lantern
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2011 12:09 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Lord View Post
    I don't believe in witches anyway. WICCAN is a religion, but actual witches/magic, no, sorry. >:
    If he claims I'm a witch, and you don't believe in them, does that mean I have to disappear now? Or have someone clap their hands if they -do- believe?

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Okay, Mavericker. Of course, as you know, I am a Witch, not a Christian and therefore not bound to any rules of Christianity. The most obvious one that I am breaking would be that I am practicing Witchcraft (and since I was never a Christian before being a Witch, I am not a heretic). Nice try, though.

Tarot Cards are not strictly instruments of Witchcraft (by the way, this is more for everyone else, rather than you, since I know you are not paying attention). Pretty much anyone can use them. However, Witches and other members of the occult (including myself) use tools for divination and one of the most common are Tarot Cards ( the use of Tarot Cards or any cards for divination is called "Cartomancy").

Despite what some people believe, Tarot Cards are not used to "predict/tell the future". They can't and anyone who could would certainly be ruling the world right now.The cards are used to gain more insight into a given question or a situation.

For example, the cards will not tell you that you will die in two years in a car accident. They can, however, tell you that you are doing some unhealthy or dangerous things and that you need to either change your ways or watch your back (like learning how to follow the speed limit so that you do not die in a fire ball). Can you change your future? Of course you can. The cards won't tell you whether or not you will fall in love in the near future, but can tell you what influences to watch out for, where they will come from and, possibly, the type of person to look for. Do you have the chance to fall in love? Yes. Can you miss the chance? Yes.

Tarot cards are used to take a peek into the future, not predict it entirely, and the insight gained is based on the actions and experiences that have already happened, not really on those that have not. Once the information is given to you, it up to you use the information or not. It like having a little cheat sheet: the sheet has the answers on it. Will you use it? Will you use it correctly (you might fill in the wrong answers or you might have the wrong sheet entirely)? If you do, will you pass the test?

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Lord View Post
    Actually, "Wicca" is the religion; the word "Wiccan" is used for the practitioners. And, among Witches, the term "magick" (spelled with a "k") is often used.

However, since Wicca started off as simply modern Witchcraft (and still is), separating "Witchcraft" from Wicca (in my honest opinion) is rather silly. Some separate them, others don't. For simplicity (of others, not myself), "Wicca" is often separated as the religion, while "Witchcraft" is just a practice; basically, one can be a Wiccan without being a practicing Witch and a Witch can practice Witchcraft without using the belief systems of Wicca (however, I personally do not separate the two as their modern histories and practices are the same).

Some Wiccans don't not like the word "Witch" as the word has negative connotations to it. However, I am a Wiccan who is also a practicing Witch, so I call myself a Witch.
    Last edited by wolfgirl90; 10-19-2009 at 09:22 PM.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Senior Member .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts A Duck 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-24-2016 11:02 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Give me valid evidence that god exists and i will shut up mav. (not some religous nit found god in his beer glass when half cut)

also to balance this out wolfgirl90 could provide evidence of "magick" exsiting although she has already laid a clear and concise statement about the emaning and uses of tarot cards,

Lex Luger R.I.P
    ¦ Sexy Logo By Me ¦ R A R E R E N D E R ¦ Tutorial requests and PSD Requests open ¦ Tag Thread

EXTROVERTED HERO Kamen Rider V3 Blue has a brilliant future Kamen Rider V3 Blue has a brilliant future Kamen Rider V3 Blue has a brilliant future Kamen Rider V3 Blue has a brilliant future Kamen Rider V3 Blue has a brilliant future Kamen Rider V3 Blue has a brilliant future Kamen Rider V3 Blue has a brilliant future Kamen Rider V3 Blue has a brilliant future Kamen Rider V3 Blue has a brilliant future Kamen Rider V3 Blue has a brilliant future Kamen Rider V3 Blue has a brilliant future Kamen Rider V3 Blue's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-07-2010 12:35 PM
    Threads

So wolfgirl are you the good witch or evil devil worshipping variety?
    Last edited by Kamen Rider V3 Blue; 10-20-2009 at 02:56 PM.

What?I enjoy some shojo series/characters...

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Quote Originally Posted by Kamen Rider V3 Blue View Post
    So wolfgirl are you the good witch or evil devil worshipping variety?
    Given the two choices, I would be the "good Witch". Virtually all witches (including myself) do not have association with the Christian Devil, since he is Christian construct (of course, some do worship the pagan gods that the Devil is based off of). The only reason why Witches are associated with the Devil is because of our Horned God. The Christian basically looked at our god (who has horns) and their Devil (who was horns) and believed that they were one in the same (despite the fact the Horned God has been around much longer than Christianity).

When it comes to the "good Witch" thing, that doesn't mean that I am a "White Witch". I don't separate magick into "white" and "black", therefore I do not separate my own magick and practices in such a way.

"White Witches" do not use any type of malevolent magick (or any that could be associated as such), including spells for self-defense. I don't do that. "Black Witches" do not use magick to help others (other than themselves). I don't do this either. Most people call me a "Gray Witch" because I practice both forms of magick.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Closed Thread

Thread Information