AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Obama and Gay Rights

BANKAI! ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-10-2011 09:15 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    frickin tokyo japan and 5 years in germany
    Threads

Default Obama and Gay Rights

so...i had a meeting with our local LGBT and Straight Allies group this tuesday and well Obama apparently is getting Gay Rights passed as a law

I think that it's really about time someone do something about this...even though making it a law is ridculous because one shouldn't have to make it a law in order to recognize the LBGT's and their rights.

And that "don't ask, don't tell" thing im so confused upon that anyway because i have no interest in the military but it's a major thing for one of my friends so bleh...

what do you think of all this what Obama is doing for the LGBT's?
    Noel Fieldling+Julian Barrat= Mighty Boosh Love
    "I"M NOT YOUR BOYFRIEND!!!"
    -Chowder

Thunderbringer! RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Cake
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2017 12:40 PM
    Threads

its pretty ridiculous that there has to be a law about this sort of thing. live and let live, its so simple
    Thanks to Wolley for the sexay siggeh! Good work, Wollz!
    On a mountain top
    Bearded RaShay slays demon
    Rocks out on guitar

Cowboy Psychologist Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2013 12:07 AM
    Threads

I don't see what "law" he'll pass. It's Congress's job to make law; it's his job to sign and execute it. Anyway, there are bigger fish to fry right now. He's surrounded himself with far too many men and women of poor character and has done extremely little a half-year into his term. What he has done is push for a number of extremely unpopular and extremely harmful policies surrounding economics, 'health care', and corporate bail outs. All those folks who thought he'd be so helpful to their cause are finding he isn't very (equality groups included). Don't take this the wrong way, but gay rights or whatever slogan you choose is not going to be the issue that makes or breaks this country in the next few years.

Bad Memory

Senior Member Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-06-2012 04:02 PM
    I live at my house. haha I know right hilarious?
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Forgotten, I find it necessary to let you know that Obama has done good, and his 'health care' policies could save YOUR life, unless you're upper middle class and have no worries in the world.

Working class people should be THANKFUL that someone is fighting for their rights to have health care.

Also, I think gay rights are VERY important to the success of this country.
    You can't just alienate a whole group of people, it's wrong and leads to internal troubles.

Senior Member Ophidian has a reputation beyond repute Ophidian has a reputation beyond repute Ophidian has a reputation beyond repute Ophidian has a reputation beyond repute Ophidian has a reputation beyond repute Ophidian has a reputation beyond repute Ophidian has a reputation beyond repute Ophidian has a reputation beyond repute Ophidian has a reputation beyond repute Ophidian has a reputation beyond repute Ophidian has a reputation beyond repute Ophidian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-19-2011 07:57 PM
    Threads

I can tell you that no one in the Marine Corp. is pleased about it, in fact most people I speak to do not hold our President in any high regard which is kind of silly considering he is our commander in chief.

Anyways, the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy is that the military isn't allowed to ask you your sexual preference, but what Obama wants to do is get rid of that. So if you are gay in the military, you can come out.

I'm sure you can put two and two together, and discover why this upsets people. The most common thing I hear about it is, "I want someone watching my back, not my @$%."

This creates a lot of difficulties, considering that the only marines that do live off base are the ones that are married. Everyone else lives in barracks, so I guess they'll have to separate it by sexual preference as well? If a heavy christian gets roomed with a homosexual, it's bound to cause some tension.

Personally I have no opinion. Do what makes you happy and leave me out of it mentality.

Senior Member Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2011 12:15 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Obama himself isn't doing any such thing, as he doesn't have the power. Congress might be working on it, and it has come up to be accepted or rejected as law in DC itself.

To answer the OP's question, I am in favor of gay rights, meaning civil unions and equal treatment in the eyes of the gov't. No one can make a church perform any such ceremony, which is what the Justice of the Peace is for. I think it's an equality issue, and I support solving it with civil unions. I will not, however, go on a crusade for it. It's not my problem, and does not affect me in any way, either way.

I pretty much agree with Forgotten Show's post...Obama has done very little. He has his fingers in just about everything, but his successes have been few and far between. He's an empty suit, and he and his kind - I'm talking about insane liberals, not black people here - are doing their best to ruin just about everything. Health care...we've already talked about this recently in Misc, so I'm not going there. I don't like it. I might like it if taxes weren't raised, people with unhealthy lifestyles not stemming from a medical condition pay higher premiums, and there's zero coverage for illegal aliens. It might sound heartless, but frankly I don't care. If you weigh half a ton because you stuff your face with twinkies by the case, or you smoke like a chimney, or you like to metabolize narcotics in your chosen way...when you go to the hospital, I expect you to pay for your ways. If you violate the laws of this nation multiple times per day by simply being here, then why should we care for you? Why should the rest of us have to pay for such people?

Cap and Trade will increase the cost of energy in all sectors, driving bills sky high across the board, not to mention a minimum 73 cent increase on gas/diesel across the board. Meanwhile, they're going to limit the amount of carbon that can be produced...which is great for the environment, I guess. Personally, I think that's a farce, but that's not the point. The US didn't start to crash until gas reached $4 a gallon. Even with the housing bubble bursting, we weren't screwed till that point in time. And where was Chris Dodd, member of the committee on that, as it was exploding in our face? Oh, I believe he was running for president, and not doing his duty to his constituents. Meanwhile, the economy in Texas is largely based on energy production. Allegedly our our capacity outstrips the rest of the US put together, though we don't use all of it. Cap and Trade = Ruin for Texas. Do we want to look like Michigan? Or do we want to secede?

Of course, we can't forget the bailouts...how much money did we lose to GM and Chrysler? How much to the banks and AIG? Where did that money go? Has any of it been paid back? Why does Chrysler not revamp its line? Their market share has been surpassed by Hyundai. They're doing something wrong. All the while, people are losing their homes, driving the banks down the tubes. Why? Because someone who makes $50k a year shouldn't be able to afford a million dollar home? What about the rest of us who make responsible choices in life, and live within our means? We are punished for the mistakes of others, while the government throws our tax dollars into the toilet.

What happens when you make $50k a year and you lose your mansion? You go rent a smaller house, or heaven forbid, a damned apartment! The people who made these retarded choices must pay, and the people that granted them the loan must pay.

Anyway, to tie this tirade together, sure, it's great that Obama stands for gay rights. But in the meantime, his administration fails on nearly every level to address the issues plaguing this nation. And I mean fails more than W. Obama had this big chance to really show everyone...but he's a suit full of epic fail.

Senior Member AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-08-2010 02:26 AM
    Threads

He's just too young and inexperienced.

But look on the other side. We have Sarah Palin.
    .::ANIME is DOPAMINE to me::.

[[
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]]

teed's Puppy International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818's Avatar
    Gil
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2020 05:11 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by AznOtaku View Post

But look on the other side. We have Sarah Palin.

Why in the hell would you want Sarah Palin?

Thunderbringer! RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Cake
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by International 4-8818 View Post
    Why in the hell would you want Sarah Palin?
    i think that was his point >.>;
    On a mountain top
    Rocks out on guitar

Cowboy Psychologist Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Wolley View Post
    Forgotten, I find it necessary to let you know that Obama has done good, and his 'health care' policies could save YOUR life, unless you're upper middle class and have no worries in the world.

Working class people should be THANKFUL that someone is fighting for their rights to have health care.

Also, I think gay rights are VERY important to the success of this country.
    You can't just alienate a whole group of people, it's wrong and leads to internal troubles.
    Unless his health care plan is actually going to give my physicians the time they need to adequately address my health problems, or lower the costs of medical care, or improve the quality of medical care, then his plan won't do a damn thing for me. Or you. It's a health-insurance reform, and it's one that's quite likely to hurt, if not destroy, they very insurance companies it targets with mandated business practices. This has been hashed out before on this forum.

Nobody's arguing against gay rights. I'm arguing about priorities. Bigger fish to fry.

And would people stop saying Obama's 'young'? The dude's 50 or near enough to it...

Bad Memory

みんなで歌おうよ!
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2013 06:58 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by AznOtaku View Post
    If you think that a "young" and "inexperienced" dude happened to make it to the white house, and then just did some amateurish mistakes, then you know nothing about the US government. Everything has already been planned behind the scenes all from the beginning. The US president is just a puppet. The US policy did not change even a little bit from George Bush to Obama. Only the propaganda has changed.

If Obama is talking about gay rights, health, swine flu, and other propaganda crap, then he's just trying to show off how "good" and "democratic" he is in order to gain support from the US community, in order to allow his government to continue their dirty work without getting public attention.

The US government is a all a bunch of Mafia in a soup of lies, using their power to serve their dirty goals at the cost of the US community and the rest of the world. I hope this doesn't sound hard on you Americans, but it's just the bitter truth.
    Last edited by Aku no Hikari; 10-15-2009 at 03:40 AM.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by akuNoHikari View Post
    If you think that a "young" and "inexperienced" dude happened to make it to the white house, and then just did some amateurish mistakes, then you know nothing about the US government. Everything has already been planned behind the scenes all from the beginning. The US president is just a puppet. The US policy did not change even a little bit from George Bush to Obama. Only the propaganda has changed.

If Obama is talking about gay rights, health, swine flu, and other propaganda crap, then he's just trying to show off how "good" and "democratic" he is in order to gain support from the US community, in order to allow his government to continue their dirty work without getting public attention.

The US government is a all a bunch of Mafia in a soup of lies, using their power to serve their dirty goals at the cost of the US community and the rest of the world. I hope this doesn't sound hard on you Americans, but it's just the bitter truth.
    Someone's been reading a bit too much Akumetsu...

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

みんなで歌おうよ!
    Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post
    Someone's been reading a bit too much Akumetsu...
    I don't even know what is Akumetsu. That's just my view point. If you see it's not correct, why don't you explain?

Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Cake
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

someones played too much Metal Gear Solid 2, i think >.>;
    On a mountain top
    Rocks out on guitar

みんなで歌おうよ!
    Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by RaShayRitto View Post
    someones played too much Metal Gear Solid 2, i think >.>;
    Someone likes to spam too much, I know.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Well then, let's have at it.

If you think that a "young" and "inexperienced" dude happened to make it to the white house, and then just did some amateurish mistakes, then you know nothing about the US government.
    Actually, I think I know quite a bit about how it came to be. Having read through the process of the country's formation as well as the creation and development of our form of government several times, having studied the politics of the last century in detail, having read the autobiographies and biographies of many-a-president, having kept up-to-date on current affairs, the current on-goings on our senate and of the White House. I'd say I'm more educated than your average person on the foundation and workings of our government.

Everything has already been planned behind the scenes all from the beginning.
    First, what do you define as the beginning? Are you some rambling conspiracy theorist who thinks these organizations such as the Free Masons and Skull and Bones Society have been controlling the future of the country since the beginning, or the rambling buffoon who thinks it's all being planned out by some current behind-the-scenes organization?
    Second, what was planned? Do you not believe that as a senator Barrack Obama had ideas for the country, decided to run for president, and in a surprising turn of events actually won? Do you believe he, someone who comes from a background as a community organizer in the inner city, decided or was influenced to run for president with malicious intent, or the intent of taking control over the state-of-affairs of the world? Perhaps, then, you are referring to what we call "campaign promises", where the candidate says what they would want to do while they are president? That's how the election process works. If they did not make such statements, we would have no clue what they would do as president, whether or not they actually hold these beliefs. If such is the case, one can obviously not guarantee that all of these "promises" will be kept, but it is to give an idea of what the candidates ideals are...what they would do if they could. We must remember that our government has three equal branches, so simply because the prospective head of the executive branch says he wants to do something, if the other do disagree or are in discourse about these reforms, chances are they will not pass. This is especially the case when you have a senate as bipartisan (and therein incompetent) as ours, where the will of the people is subdued by the will of the party.
    But we must remember that there is an election process. A time in which we get to see this individual on display. Of course they will try to act good, as we all do when we want something or when we are in public. We cannot expect them to be perfect. The American people tend to judge a candidate just as, or perhaps more, harshly on their personality and ideals as they do the reforms or tradition they stand for. And not only do the American people look into these candidates, but our intelligence agencies also investigate each candidate. The idea that a behind-the-scenes organization could control or government is simply ridiculous. There are too many segments to get a hold of, and being that the people in our government are or were at one time or another normal, everyday citizens surrounded by other citizens, and friends, and family, and co-workers, if they had some malicious connections or malicious intent, certainly the entire history of their lives up to that point could not be concealed, especially in whole.

The US president is just a puppet.
    A puppet to whom? The people? That's is their job. The party? That is their job, and a subsection - a majority - of "the people". Certainly the president is not all-powerful within the country, because as I said before, there are three equal branches of the government, which are often in discourse, and keep one another in check. The title "president" has with it the connotation of being a "puppet", as they are the singular voice through which the will of the majority of the country is expressed or represented, as opposed to the senate and house, where the voices of smaller groups of people (the individual states) are heard through their representatives, and the legislative branch, which represents the "voice" of the constitution, and hence the founders of the nation.

The US policy did not change even a little bit from George Bush to Obama. Only the propaganda has changed.
    Are we not withdrawing from Iraq?
    Are we not going to get back to our purpose of being in Afghanistan?
    Have we not had open public discourse about reforming our nation's healthcare?
    Have we not already decided to close Gitmo?
    Have we not opened up for talks with Iran about their nuclear program?
    Have we not improved our relationships with foreign countries, and gained back some of the respect lost due to our last president?

Beyond this, there is a lot of talk. But before action can be taken on such a large scale as to effect the entire country, there needs to be a lot of talk, so all the possibilities and causes and effects can be laid out and a decision made as to what the proper direction to go is. I think that 11 months to discuss such things as a country is not enough for many of these. One cannot just wave a pen the day they are inaugurated, and accomplish everything they idealize without first discussing it with the remainder of the government and the people, and without obtaining information related to and such reforms.

To be honest, no, Obama has not done much yet. Which, yes, is in great part due to his own effort, but is also in considerable part the effort and ability of the senate and house of representatives to challenge and block the changes that he tries to make. The same is true with every president that has ever served. Again, it is not an all-powerful position, it is just a 1/3 share of influence, and the primary means through which our countries communicates to foreign leaders and diplomats.

Yes the president talks about such things to pander to the people. Because that is their job. You find out what the people want; you discuss it, and eventually you act upon it. These things do not happen over night. This is why the presidential term lasts for 4 years - to give them time to work through many things. The president should be trying to earn the support of the US community, and if he can't or doesn't, then he should or does give up. If he gains their support, or panders to their wants having discussed and been informed of a cause or a law, then action is taken, and a bill is drafted, and the government debates it, and it may or may not pass.
    And what dirty work are you talking about? I don't think Obama has ordered the genocide of a nation recently, or has been having toxic chemicals dumped in places they should be, or fueled some international drug trade or slave trade. Are there probably some something that aren't entirely on the up-and-up within our government? Sure. But to make a suggestion that it is anything beyond a very, very minute fraction of all that occurs within and by the government is simply ridiculous. We are the people, and we as a collective hold the knowledge and the power. Should anything corrupt be occurring on a large scale, there are people out there uninvolved who aware of it, and who would make it public. The actions taken by our government are clearly visible for us to see, because the government is small, and we are large.

The US government is a all a bunch of Mafia in a soup of lies, using their power to serve their dirty goals at the cost of the US community and the rest of the world
    First of all, go correct yourself on what the Mafia is, or at least how to use a metaphor.

Again, what dirty goals? The US military out trying to ethnically cleanse some poor nation, or trading slaves, or conquering land. Our government doesn't have within it the power to trade a large quantity of good to the extent that the people and businesses can. Are we out trying to conquer the world? Of course not, because if we did that would be pretty goddamn apparent, in the form of bombs and fire raining down from overhead.
    Is the US out to gain for itself? Well obviously. The goal of the government of any nation is to run that nation efficiently and to better it. Through and through, the self-benefit of any nation is that nation's first priority. For any nation. For every nation. It always has been, and it always will be. Do not go making outlandish statements so boldly.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

boopaloop! 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2011 12:53 PM
    Threads

so now gay people will finally be able to get themselves killed. congratulations.

Senior Member Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-06-2012 04:02 PM
    I live at my house. haha I know right hilarious?
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I'm pretty sick of people just bashing the president, and complaining about what he's doing or not doing.
    I don't know a single person who'd do a better job.
    Sorry, I know he didn't bring us out of the recession five seconds after his inauguration, but jesus! get real.

みんなで歌おうよ!
    Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Most of what you said is correct, but it had little to do with what I said. I take the blame for making it sound like a crazy fictional story. So I'd like to make my point clear:

Are you some rambling conspiracy theorist who thinks these organizations such as the Free Masons and Skull and Bones Society have been controlling the future of the country since the beginning, or the rambling buffoon who thinks it's all being planned out by some current behind-the-scenes organization?
    Neither.

First of all, you went on discussing the possibility of a secret organization controlling the government, though that's not what I said at all. I never said that the government is being controlled by some secret organization. I said that the government itself is corrupt. The word "Mafia" wasn't a correct option, but the US government is corrupt and it's doing its dirty work.

Secondly, I didn't talk about conspiracies about taking over the government, and I didn't say that it was planned for Obama to become a president. I know how the elections happened, and I know that Obama has been elected by the American people. What I said is that whether Obama is the president or George Bush, or anyone else, it makes no difference. Because he doesn't have the power to change anything. All he can do is talk and do the propaganda, and you answered that, too. It's his job. And that's what I meant by the word "puppet". I didn't say that he's being controlled. I said that he's there to talk, but can't do anything.

Beyond this, there is a lot of talk. But before action can be taken on such a large scale as to effect the entire country, there needs to be a lot of talk, so all the possibilities and causes and effects can be laid out and a decision made as to what the proper direction to go is. I think that 11 months to discuss such things as a country is not enough for many of these. One cannot just wave a pen the day they are inaugurated, and accomplish everything they idealize without first discussing it with the remainder of the government and the people, and without obtaining information related to and such reforms.
    You said it yourself, it's still all talk. I want to believe that this talk is being done with good intentions to get things better, but I can't. The US government has always been talking like a hero who's going to save the world, while all they did is corrupt the world. And yet if the US government honestly wants to change their policy with the outside countries, the only reason is that they don't want to continue destroying their own economy by making wars.

Now about the dirty things, I was referring to everything they did in Iraq, Afghanistan, the troubles they are making worldwide while pretending that they're saving the world, as well as the sole fact they they've been the #1 country in the world that has supported Israel in their terror. And if Obama wants to change this, it's because he realizes that it's destroying the economy of the country, and that it's not going to be of any use. But they aren't changing it because it's better for the world. Even if the intentions of Obama himself are good, the US government isn't. The US government is never saving the world. It's only serving it's own interests, even if it's at the cost of the whole world, or even the US people themselves.

Anyway, sorry if what I said was offensive to you in anyway. I know that you're not gonna agree with me about the dirty work part, and you're going to defend the fact that they are really trying to "cleanse" the world. But I'm not going through that. Time will reveal everything. And if time proves me to be wrong, I'll be the first one to be happy about it.

EDIT: (albeit a late edit) Anyway, thank you for taking time to write all that. It made me rethink about some points. (Even though I still keep my opinion about the "dirty work" part.)
    Last edited by Aku no Hikari; 10-28-2009 at 01:04 PM.

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Are we not withdrawing from Iraq?
    Are we not going to get back to our purpose of being in Afghanistan?
    Have we not had open public discourse about reforming our nation's healthcare?
    Have we not already decided to close Gitmo?
    Have we not opened up for talks with Iran about their nuclear program?
    Have we not improved our relationships with foreign countries, and gained back some of the respect lost due to our last president?
    Point of contention:
    • No, we're not 'withdrawing' from Iraq; we're scaling down, as directed by the previous administration.
    • No, we very well may not be getting back on track in Afghanistan, as the president can't make a decision one way or another on what it is our armed forces are supposed to do there.
    • Gitmo's still open and running fine.
    • Iran's nuclear program has been in international dialogue before the current president's inauguration.
    • The very fact that our previous administration left office, and that Obama gained office, supposedly improved our relationships with foreign countries, but not with the ones that count. The major Asian, European, and African countries still dislike us.
    Lastly, the issue with the "long talks" is that We The People aren't feeling well-represented in these talks. Reference the town hall meetings (which I promise you are just as heated now as they were when the news actually repored on them). This is not a rare occurrence, and if Florida and Texas are any indication this is a big deal with most of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolley View Post
    I'm pretty sick of people just bashing the president, and complaining about what he's doing or not doing.
    I don't know a single person who'd do a better job.
    Sorry, I know he didn't bring us out of the recession five seconds after his inauguration, but jesus! get real.
    Why? When someone enters office being a celebrity for virtually nothing, this is to be expected. And I can think of several people who would do a much better job, because the people I have in mind are truly educated in economics, in history, in the conflict in the Middle East, in what we call a health care system, and in other areas where we genuinely need action taken in this country.

Oh, and before you get too happy about the economy, I'd like to direct you to some light reading: Monthly Budget Review, Fiscal Year 2009 & "The Demise of the Dollar".

Bad Memory
    Last edited by Forgotten Show; 10-15-2009 at 09:29 AM.

Mavericker- nothing else Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2009 05:44 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ View Post
    so...i had a meeting with our local LGBT and Straight Allies group this tuesday and well Obama apparently is getting Gay Rights passed as a law

I think that it's really about time someone do something about this...even though making it a law is ridculous because one shouldn't have to make it a law in order to recognize the LBGT's and their rights.

And that "don't ask, don't tell" thing im so confused upon that anyway because i have no interest in the military but it's a major thing for one of my friends so bleh...

what do you think of all this what Obama is doing for the LGBT's?
    I think it's digusting and an abomination- Obama is a man of God and he should know better.
    That's just one more thing I need to pray about.

boopaloop! IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-12-2012 02:03 PM
    I live in South Africa, Kempton Park, Birchliegh
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Mavericker View Post
    I think it's digusting and an abomination- Obama is a man of God and he should know better.
    That's just one more thing I need to pray about.
    seriously dude you need to chill, for real man, God gave people free will so they can chose their own lives, you get gay people that are still Christian or do you think because they are gay you're more Christian than them and have more rights? Because if you do I have news for you, we all are equal, and you have no right to judge gay people for that my friend is a sin as well, and if you don't know this you don't get big sins or small sins a sin is a sin and you are guilty so stop judging others and get a life man
    Last edited by IFS; 10-15-2009 at 05:30 PM.

Millionaire Campaign:
    Making millionaires out of everyone

This was unknowingly
    brought to you
    by .Elmer
    and knowingly
    sponsored by Baka Baka!!!

avi made by my sweet cousin .Elmer

Mavericker- nothing else Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2009 05:44 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by IFS View Post
    seriously dude you need to chill, for real man, God gave people free will so they can chose their own lives, you get gay people that are still Christian or do you think because they are gay you're more Christian than them and have more rights? Because if you do I have news for you, we all are equal, and you have no right to judge gay people for that my friend is a sin as well, and if you don't know this you don't get big sins or small sins a sin is a sin and you are quality so stop judging people
    I'm a man of God, and everyone in the Body of Christ is supposed to uplift and support each other. I can do so by praying for the man, and I pray for our President anyway.
    Last edited by Mavericker; 10-15-2009 at 05:33 PM.

Senior Member Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2010 10:45 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by revile View Post
    . Do we want to look like Michigan? Or do we want to secede?

What's wrong with Michigan??? We are not that bad.... (Tear) not Loved....

Well Anyway's, I like Obama, and his desicion's. I mean he has to pick after what Bush left behind, so I just makes it even harder for him. And I believe Love come's in many shape and size's. doesn't matter who are, Man and Woman, Woman and Woman, or Man And Man. God just tended for us to live on this Planet, and do what we can to live, eat, breath, and learn, not to really worship him. What you do is your business and your's alone. If you do something wrong learn from it and not do it agian (that's why we have a contionense and a brain), not to just prey and expect to be saved.
    But that is my thought's. If you don't like...then well tough.
    Last edited by Bulma1017; 10-15-2009 at 05:57 PM.

"Remember's I say's it out of LOVE!!"
    YaY's for "Love Bullets!!!"

Thank you bayamesa!!!

boopaloop! IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-12-2012 02:03 PM
    I live in South Africa, Kempton Park, Birchliegh
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Mavericker View Post
    I'm a man of God, and everyone in the Body of Christ is supposed to uplift and support each other. I can do so by praying for the man, and I pray for our President anyway.
    true enough, but I'm a man of God too and you calling gays an abomination well my friend that's is wrong no matter how you look at it, I don't know where you got you teaching from but mine says we must accept everyone as they are with their flaws and everything, and to me you just seem judgmental preaching the ways of God without knowing what they really mean

Millionaire Campaign:
    Making millionaires out of everyone

This was unknowingly
    brought to you
    by .Elmer
    and knowingly
    sponsored by Baka Baka!!!

avi made by my sweet cousin .Elmer

Closed Thread

Thread Information