Quote Originally Posted by proEuphie View Post
I did not claim that theoretically you were more of a menace than Euphemia, I claimed that actually and practically you are more of a menace than Euphemia. And I did not mean that as an insult but as a Reductio ad Absurdum of your argument that Emphemia was too dangerous to be allowed to live.
I didn't take it as an insult; never said that I did. Its just borderline stupid. I understood what you were getting at, but even suggesting (theoretically or otherwise) that I was "more of a menace than Euphemia" based strictly on military training (or anything else about me) was beyond stupid. I wasn't really insulted; I just stopped caring about your opinion at that point.

The difference between me and Euphemia is that I, with all the training in the world, haven't killed anybody. Euphemia not only has but was in the process of actively doing it. Hell, one of the reasons why we imprison and execute prisoners is to prevent them from ever doing what they did again. Are you saying that this preemptive action is wrong?

Also, I have yet to actually give my true opinion about Euphemia's death in the context of the cartoon (in the context of real life we have but not for the cartoon). While I have said that Lelouch killed Euphemia to get her to stop, I didn't say I thought that she HAD to die (I already knew she was going to die in the first place; whether she HAD to or not has never really been my concern).

Since neither you, nor I, nor any of our readers, believe that we should be killed to prevent the slight possibility that we might kill someone in the future, we are logically forced to conclude that it can not be right to kill a confined prisoner to prevent the even slighter possibility that they might kill in the future.
With the exeption that we actually DO kill confined prisoners. Its called the death penalty.

So you call good and noble characters goody-goody characters, trying to reduce their goodness to silliness.
No (you were better off asking my point, rather than assuming and getting it wrong). I call them "goody goody" because often times (but not all the time), these characters are so innocent, so naive, to the point where it is a fault. While they want peace, they often do not understand the issue that is causing the problem in the first place, only looking from the outside in. Euphemia was one of those people who wanted peace and understood that the people wanted peace but didn't understand the WHY (she knew what Japan wanted but didn't really understand WHY) and developed her own solution from her rather basic understanding of the situation (which is what happens when you are a sheltered princess who doesn't leave the palace until half her teen years have passed by).

The thing with anti-heroes and Byronic heroes is that they exhibit qualities that we, as humans, can often relate to. Anger, confusion, self-hatred, self-destructive, struggling with integrity. These are things we can identify with. With Euphemia, there is not much to identify with, unless you are someone who is innocent, a pacifist and and naive to a fault (which you are not, by the way).

There are a lot of literary novels in which nobody ever does something major evil or even in which nobody does any minor evil either.
Okay, since you said "a lot of literary novels", I expect you to name several, as you brought it up (you have the burden of proof here so I am not out of line or expecting too much of you by asking) and I doubt that you have read anything with characters doing anything seriously evil since you obviously have a problem with that. So this should be simple for you.

As I have said before, the problem with you is that you expect two sides, the "good" side and the "evil" side, and you don't expect these sides to touch. This doesn't even happen in Harry Potter or Star Wars, so its not going to happen in Code Geass (and it really shouldn't surprise you when it doesn't).

However, in MANY stories, the most thought provoking ones, the sides not only mix but sometimes indistinguishable. In Code Geass, the point is not really to find who the "good guys" and the "bad guys" are (this is something you figure out on your own) but noticing that the best of intentions can have evil in them.

The clearly good guy doing a clearly good thing to defeat the clearly bad guy who was doing a clearly bad thing is a story that has been told many times (Disney thrives on that sort of thing).