AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh: Duel Monsters - Best Yu-Gi-Oh Series!

Member Exarion Sekura Ishtar is a splendid one to behold Exarion Sekura Ishtar is a splendid one to behold Exarion Sekura Ishtar is a splendid one to behold Exarion Sekura Ishtar is a splendid one to behold Exarion Sekura Ishtar is a splendid one to behold Exarion Sekura Ishtar is a splendid one to behold Exarion Sekura Ishtar is a splendid one to behold Exarion Sekura Ishtar is a splendid one to behold Exarion Sekura Ishtar's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2009 04:33 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Yu-Gi-Oh: Duel Monsters - Best Yu-Gi-Oh Series!

Okay.....so, pretty much all the Yu-Gi-Oh threads are closed.....>_> That makes it a bit hard to talk about Yu-Gi-Oh! Lol!

Anyway, yeah.....GX fails, 5D's fails even more.....given a choice between the 2, I'd prefer GX. But, I really wish they had just ended Yu-Gi-Oh at the end of Dawn of the Duel or whatever the Egyptian part at the end was called (That was my favorite Duel Monsters "sub-series")
    I think it's so stupid that they kept going with Yu-Gi-Oh after that....everything after the end of Duel Monsters is annoyingly stupid!
    But, I have to say, having watched a little of 5D's, GX doesn't bug me nearly as much! I still think it's dumb that they got rid of all the original characters.....I mean, they took out Yugi! If they did that with the title, the show would just be called "Oh!" Lol!

But, I do think it's a bit amusing that all the main character's names could still fit into "Yu-Gi-Oh"
    GX - Jaden Yuki (Yuki Judai) - "Yu-Ki-Oh"
    5D's - Yusei Fudo - "Yu-Sei-Oh"
    See what I mean? Lolz!

So....I basically made this cuz I'd still like to be able to talk about Yu-Gi-Oh when it was good....and about how they should still have it on tv sometimes (if they actually do, I'd love to know when and what channel!)
    When GX first started and I would talk about it like this, how I want the other show back and stuff, people would just tell me I'm being stupid or whatever....and I'd rather not have that here.....I just wanna talk about one of my old favorite animes and maybe get to see it again. Hopefully this thread won't get closed like most of the others.....at least not for awhile.....
    ~*Link likes Dark Link!*~

If ya have MySpace and/or Facebook and wanna talk about awesome anime, add me! ^_^
    Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/linkofhyrule23
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=27329784968&ref=share#/LinkTheHeroOfTime?ref=profile

Senior Member Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Spinning Beach Ball Doom Crisis Mooncompact Dodge Viper SRT10
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-02-2013 11:08 PM
    Threads

Anyway, yeah.....GX fails, 5D's fails even more
    Correction, GX fails, 5Ds releases the new tuners and synchros into the battle world. How can that be a fail? - Yes, a little more complicated but some of them are actually good.

But, I really wish they had just ended Yu-Gi-Oh at the end of Dawn of the Duel or whatever the Egyptian part at the end was called
    It ended on season five. which has no subtitle the season before that season four subtitle was "waking the dragons."

I still think it's dumb that they got rid of all the original characters
    I recall seeing Yugi in GX. If I remember clearly.

So....I basically made this cuz I'd still like to be able to talk about Yu-Gi-Oh when it was good
    Yu-Gi-Oh is still really good, I think its best they started the new ones GX and 5D, even though I dont like them - how are you going to continue off Yu-Gi-Oh in the first place? The trading card game has improved as well. Cards are harder no more easy traps you can fall in. No more cards like "Send your hand to the graveyard" you really have to put some stragedy in it.
    Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.

Member Exarion Sekura Ishtar is a splendid one to behold Exarion Sekura Ishtar is a splendid one to behold Exarion Sekura Ishtar is a splendid one to behold Exarion Sekura Ishtar is a splendid one to behold Exarion Sekura Ishtar is a splendid one to behold Exarion Sekura Ishtar is a splendid one to behold Exarion Sekura Ishtar is a splendid one to behold Exarion Sekura Ishtar is a splendid one to behold Exarion Sekura Ishtar's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Novak View Post
    Correction, GX fails, 5Ds releases the new tuners and synchros into the battle world. How can that be a fail? - Yes, a little more complicated but some of them are actually good.

It ended on season five. which has no subtitle the season before that season four subtitle was "waking the dragons."

I recall seeing Yugi in GX. If I remember clearly.

Yu-Gi-Oh is still really good, I think its best they started the new ones GX and 5D, even though I dont like them - how are you going to continue off Yu-Gi-Oh in the first place? The trading card game has improved as well. Cards are harder no more easy traps you can fall in. No more cards like "Send your hand to the graveyard" you really have to put some stragedy in it.
    I know....but....the show's just bug me now.....I liked it a whole lot better before....I think it got kinda lame when GX started.
    Yugi was in it but only like twice.....

If ya have MySpace and/or Facebook and wanna talk about awesome anime, add me! ^_^
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=27329784968&ref=share#/LinkTheHeroOfTime?ref=profile

Senior Member Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Exarion Sekura Ishtar View Post
    I know....but....the show's just bug me now.....I liked it a whole lot better before....I think it got kinda lame when GX started.
    Yugi was in it but only like twice.....
    In GX Yugi is not the main character in it - its Yuki. I dont see how you can fit him in that story line, it would be nice if they both dueled eachother though.

But GX and 5D still have the same thing basically as Yu-Gi-Oh, they are still dueling and everything. Whats there not to like about them if they basically do the same thing as the first one.

And you forgot to mention Yu-Gi-Oh R.
    Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

In GX Yugi is not the main character in it - its Yuki. I dont see how you can fit him in that story line, it would be nice if they both dueled eachother though.

But GX and 5D still have the same thing basically as Yu-Gi-Oh, they are still dueling and everything. Whats there not to like about them if they basically do the same thing as the first one.

And you forgot to mention Yu-Gi-Oh R.
    There was just something different about the other one to me that I liked.....I don't really know how to explain it. I enjoyed watching it.....but I just don't enjoy watching GX or 5D's.....I'm thinking about trying GX again, though.....

I've heard about Yu-Gi-Oh R once a while ago......but then someone said it was only in Japan....and then someone else said it was fake.....so I didn't know if I should mention it or not......lol.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

There was just something different about the other one to me that I liked.....I don't really know how to explain it. I enjoyed watching it.....but I just don't enjoy watching GX or 5D's.....I'm thinking about trying GX again, though.....

I've heard about Yu-Gi-Oh R once a while ago......but then someone said it was only in Japan....and then someone else said it was fake.....so I didn't know if I should mention it or not......lol.
    In Yu-Gi-Oh R the plot takes place after the defeat of Marik. This may explain more to you on Yu-Gi-Oh R

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

In Yu-Gi-Oh R the plot takes place after the defeat of Marik. This may explain more to you on Yu-Gi-Oh R
    That actually seems kinda interesting. I might end up reading it. ^_^

Senior Member chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Pink Ribbon Cancer Tsubasa Mokona
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2011 05:33 AM
    Threads

maybe its just me, but i didnt see anything really wrong with GX... yeh, ok it seemed like a let down at first because everyone likes the original of whatever it is you love in a series, but after watching the first few episodes to "see what it was like" i ended up addicted to it! i couldnt get into 5D, but i think thats just because i was watching several other things at the same time- given the chance and the right moment, i imagine i may even come to like it ^^
    So id have to say as an overall series, id watch GX more than the normal one, (i love the series but sometimes the card games go on for TOO long) but at the same time the Egyptian arc of Duel Monsters would win over GX hands down every time

Senior Member Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pokedex 025 - Pikachu
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2012 01:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Okay.....so, pretty much all the Yu-Gi-Oh threads are closed.....>_> That makes it a bit hard to talk about Yu-Gi-Oh! Lol!

Anyway, yeah.....GX fails, 5D's fails even more.....given a choice between the 2, I'd prefer GX. But, I really wish they had just ended Yu-Gi-Oh at the end of Dawn of the Duel or whatever the Egyptian part at the end was called (That was my favorite Duel Monsters "sub-series")
    I think it's so stupid that they kept going with Yu-Gi-Oh after that....everything after the end of Duel Monsters is annoyingly stupid!
    But, I have to say, having watched a little of 5D's, GX doesn't bug me nearly as much! I still think it's dumb that they got rid of all the original characters.....I mean, they took out Yugi! If they did that with the title, the show would just be called "Oh!" Lol!

But, I do think it's a bit amusing that all the main character's names could still fit into "Yu-Gi-Oh"
    GX - Jaden Yuki (Yuki Judai) - "Yu-Ki-Oh"
    5D's - Yusei Fudo - "Yu-Sei-Oh"
    See what I mean? Lolz!

So....I basically made this cuz I'd still like to be able to talk about Yu-Gi-Oh when it was good....and about how they should still have it on tv sometimes (if they actually do, I'd love to know when and what channel!)
    When GX first started and I would talk about it like this, how I want the other show back and stuff, people would just tell me I'm being stupid or whatever....and I'd rather not have that here.....I just wanna talk about one of my old favorite animes and maybe get to see it again. Hopefully this thread won't get closed like most of the others.....at least not for awhile.....
    I agree with you for the most part anyway. I think the Shadow Games through the end of Duel Monsters was quite good and enjoyable. However GX started out okay but soon turned into something that felt like all the reason it was even made was to promote some cards. I feel the same way about 5Ds honestly. It just puts to much focus on the dueling and newer cards and not a hellth mix like Duel Monsters did.
    Gero Server Guru

Nice Boat Captain Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Strawberry Nunchaku Blue Saber
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2014 04:46 PM
    The Hellish Death Realms where demons dwell (a.k.a. Planet Earth)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I guess Duel Monsters would be my favorite season. I haven't watched the original series yet, but I plan to someday. I didn't like GX and I guess it's unfair because I never gave it a chance. 5D's was okay, I guess, but as usual, 4Kids(a.k.a. the evilest organization ever to exist butchered the dub, I guess that's why the original Japanese version will always be superior ).

Oh, Hi-deeki, imagine... your kind not eating raw fish! ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE38SKRT4ak

Senior Member sapphirewyren has a reputation beyond repute sapphirewyren has a reputation beyond repute sapphirewyren has a reputation beyond repute sapphirewyren has a reputation beyond repute sapphirewyren has a reputation beyond repute sapphirewyren has a reputation beyond repute sapphirewyren has a reputation beyond repute sapphirewyren has a reputation beyond repute sapphirewyren has a reputation beyond repute sapphirewyren has a reputation beyond repute sapphirewyren has a reputation beyond repute sapphirewyren's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-01-2010 08:54 PM
    Threads

the original yugioh was great, then they made gx and I thought maybe Kazuki was experimenting with crack or something. then 5Ds came and I really wanted to cry. they were ruining the good name of yugioh with crappy spin offs. they should have made yugioh r into a season or something that would have been awesome. oh yeah i almost forgot how 4kids dubbed and destroyed yugioh. but i guess they needed to keep the cards around. gx and 5 ds suck in my opinion but the cards are great. i prefer the original or classic as i like to call it and the manga.

Member Ciel_Phantomhive28 is on a distinguished road Ciel_Phantomhive28's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts 133 - Eevee 175 - Togepi 151 - Mew
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-03-2011 12:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh: Duel Monsters - Best Yu-Gi-Oh Series!

I really prefer the orginale Yu-Gi-Oh over the other series of it they have done although some of the episodes of GX and 5ds were amusing. My favorites orginals were Duelist Kingdom and the Battle City duels and the movie was not bad either but I sorta thought waking the dragons and the grand tournment was a bit much.

Senior Member _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_'s Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Sushi Tsubasa Mokona
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2010 12:53 PM
    Threads

The only thing that excites me in GX is the first episode when Yuki bumped into the assumed-full-grown Yugi. *swoons*
    Used to be known as cool_tria_anime.

Junior Member Solgod14 is on a distinguished road Solgod14's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2011 06:58 PM
    Threads

Anyway, yeah.....GX fails, 5D's fails even more.....
    Do you any idea how much you sound like a troll from just the first sentence?
    Before I go on with whatever I wanted to say, I would like to retort to your comment first.

I will respect the fact that from your perspective, you would think that the DM series was good. I, however, do not like the fact that you would rip on the other series. In theory, people usually like DM the most was due to it's high plot development and low development in the actually card game. GX, I'll admit, started out soft in the beginning. Once you hit the Dark World arc and the Nightmare arc, then it actually got good.

With 5D's, you cannot say that it is a fail. The fact that you did gives me the urge to just flame you on the spot. While the plot isn't as good as DM, I'll admit, 5D's revolutionized the entire game. Even if some the cards, let's say Duality and Warning, were over priced, they actually increased the mechanics of the game. That's the very reason why the game is so good right now, as you ACTUALLY have to apply strategics when playing it. You cannot say that this is a fail.

I still think it's dumb that they got rid of all the original characters.....I mean, they took out Yugi! If they did that with the title, the show would just be called "Oh!" Lol!
    I'm just gonna stay speechless for a moment and face palm myself for the next minute or so.

... *One minute later*...

From that response, I will automatically assume that you watch the dub and not the sub. The show title "Yu-Gi-Oh!" is NOT, and I will repeat NOT, a pun on the name of the main protagonist. It is derived from the original Japanese name of the show: Game King. Game is pronounced "yugi" while King is pronounced "ou" in japanese. Thus, the American branch decided to use the Romaji of the name, as they also do it sometimes with the cards, in order to make it sound... intresting, I guess. "Ou" was just changed to "Oh" in order to make it look good, I guess.

Anyways... I should probably stop my rant and get on to adding something in this topic before I get banned for spamming.

Personally, I perfer 5D's. As I mentioned before, it is not because I hate on DM or GX, but I'm one of those people who is actually into the card game. Thus, I found 5D's better as I could understand what was going on in the duels. Second reason being the WRGP arc, where the monsters that they released were EPIC. Honestly, watch the summoning for Shooting Star Dragon and you'll see what I mean.

As I also said before, 5D's was able to improve the game itself to a whole new level. Fusions have nothing on Synchos... well, except Hero Beat. Although the deck is just broken in general, so...

Member Matea2306 has a reputation beyond repute Matea2306 has a reputation beyond repute Matea2306 has a reputation beyond repute Matea2306 has a reputation beyond repute Matea2306 has a reputation beyond repute Matea2306 has a reputation beyond repute Matea2306 has a reputation beyond repute Matea2306 has a reputation beyond repute Matea2306 has a reputation beyond repute Matea2306 has a reputation beyond repute Matea2306 has a reputation beyond repute Matea2306's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Eye Of Horus 052 - Meowth
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-15-2013 02:59 AM
    Threads

I love orginal series with Yugi,its better in my opinion,I didnt watched Gx and 5Ds but maybe I will

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information