AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Light missed what could have been an obvios way he could succeed.

Senior Member TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2011 03:50 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Light missed what could have been an obvios way he could succeed.

Spoilers

As well as telling Mikimi to put the real notebook in the safe deposit box and send Takada the five pages there was one thing Light should have added that would have allowed him to win. If he had told Mikimi to also take out a sixth page and keep it away from the real notebook, maybe at home in a place only he would think to look in. Then given him orders to no matter what happens not to touch that page before the day.
    That way Near would have thought he had modifed the real notebook and everything was safe when however Mikimi would have a real page to use on the day.

In saying this I do still believe that Light was a villain, just sayig that there was away he could have won that I thought would have been easy for him to think of.
    Last edited by TheSplundPopper; 10-11-2009 at 02:15 PM. Reason: adding spoiler warning

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

^^Still working on list, not every anime I has seen has been added yet.

"Why should people trust me? They don't have any reason to, yet. Distrust is human nature. Distrust creates doubt and doubt causes people to miss judge the intention of others. But people can change, can't they?"

Bringer of Chaos ZukaxxMimozu has a reputation beyond repute ZukaxxMimozu has a reputation beyond repute ZukaxxMimozu has a reputation beyond repute ZukaxxMimozu has a reputation beyond repute ZukaxxMimozu has a reputation beyond repute ZukaxxMimozu has a reputation beyond repute ZukaxxMimozu has a reputation beyond repute ZukaxxMimozu has a reputation beyond repute ZukaxxMimozu has a reputation beyond repute ZukaxxMimozu has a reputation beyond repute ZukaxxMimozu has a reputation beyond repute ZukaxxMimozu's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts 255 - Torchic Shuriken Gun
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-29-2012 10:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KadoxxArtchikito PSN ID: ZukaxxMimozu

Well, Light was so used to winning, he got cocky. I'm sure he never thought about the fact that the notebook was switched. He got to the point where he figured he had won so much, he had nothing to worry about. 3 years without L kinda made him dull. The Light that took L down wouldnt have been so careless lol
    Just press play and let the problems melt away.
    What else should the music do?

Senior Member TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I suppose that would make sense. Claiming his victory was a bit stupid as well seeing as it didn't do anything for him and proved he was Kira. Had he not shouted he may have been able to convince the task force that he didn't know Mikimi and Near must have paid him to frame Light.
    Or if he really wanted to taunt Near he could have asked Mikimi to write his name last then wait until people start dying before claiming his victory over Near.

"Why should people trust me? They don't have any reason to, yet. Distrust is human nature. Distrust creates doubt and doubt causes people to miss judge the intention of others. But people can change, can't they?"

Captain No Pants Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis Dr Who SonicScrewdriver
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2014 11:23 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

*thinks* Okay . . . but see, there's a problem with that. Light didn't know about Mikami going into the bank safe deposit box to kill off Takada. Mikami didn't have contact with him at the time, and thought Light wouldn't be able to do anything. So, the true mistake was because of Mikami. If Mikami hadn't gone to the bank on the odd day, and had instead left things how they were supposed to be, Light would have won. Even if he did ask Mikami to tear out a sixth sheet, he was so arrogant that he thought his plan was perfect. He probably wouldn't ask Mikami to bring the sixth sheet because he's was absolutely positive that the Death Note Mikami had was real.

If he did ask Mikami to bring the extra sheet of paper, he'd have to be able to tell Mikami when to use the second sheet. But, Mikami came out when Light called to him, thinking that the Death Note was real. Only when Mikami came out from behind the door, would Light be able to tell him to write the people's names on the other sheet. By then, the task force and Near's group would be on both of them. Also, if Light tried telling him from behind the door, he wouldn't have enough time before the task force or Near's group got to him to write each person's name down. Even if he wrote down one of the people's names, he wouldn't have enough time to write down all of their names. So, one person might die, but Mikami and Light would both be caught.

Light could have also told him to use the notebook paper after writing down each person's name. But, there's still a problem. Light had no contact with Mikami after Takada was dead. He wouldn't have been able to call him or send a message through anyone, because they were either dead or he was being watched too much. If he had any direct contact with Mikami, it could be traced easily. It would be too much of a risk to even try, and if Light believed that the Death Note Mikami had was real, he wouldn't think he'd have to contact Mikami to bring the extra notebook paper.

Oh, and Light didn't shout to begin with. Near asked why Mikami replied when Light asked if he had written down the names. That's what set it off.

Almost forgot. If Light told Mikami not to touch the sixth sheet until the day, he'd have to have known about the day in far advance. If he did know that there would be some magical day, and Mikami guessed on that magical day, he'd have the whole problem of telling him to use the piece of paper on that day.

It's too complicated, and would mess up the story. >.<
    Last edited by Tsuki.; 10-22-2009 at 10:48 PM.

Member DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2010 05:04 PM
    Threads

Heres what I think. Didnt light have a third notebook on his person? if anything he should have taken it out and threatend to write everyones names down. or while he was running away wrote everyone's name down. instead he was stupid and atempted to write names down on that tiny peace of paper in his watch. is it just me or did everyone look past the third notebook?

Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

He didn't have a third one. He gave Siddoh's notebook back to him. Rem's and Gelus's were the only ones left.

Member DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2010 05:04 PM
    Threads

but then how did he have all his memories with no notebook in his possesion?

Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

He was the official owner of the notebook the task force had. Although it was under high security he had been the person holding it when his father died as it;'s owner so the ownership transferred to him. That was why Mikimi couldn't see his lifespan.
    The same way as when he buried it and only lost his memories when he said, "Get rid of it." he was still the owner even though he was locked up and had no access to it until he chose to give it up.

Member ~J~ has a brilliant future ~J~ has a brilliant future ~J~ has a brilliant future ~J~ has a brilliant future ~J~ has a brilliant future ~J~ has a brilliant future ~J~ has a brilliant future ~J~ has a brilliant future ~J~ has a brilliant future ~J~ has a brilliant future ~J~ has a brilliant future ~J~'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2010 06:03 PM
    Threads

Or he could have just ripped out and burned the pages he had used and have there be no evidence whatsoever. I thought of this at the beginning of the series, if the death note could be destroyed and if pages could be removed, seems like the obvious choice really. Although I have to say I'm happy he didn't realize this because I thought Light got what was coming to him in the end.

Of The Word Bearers Primarch Lorgar has a reputation beyond repute Primarch Lorgar has a reputation beyond repute Primarch Lorgar has a reputation beyond repute Primarch Lorgar has a reputation beyond repute Primarch Lorgar has a reputation beyond repute Primarch Lorgar has a reputation beyond repute Primarch Lorgar has a reputation beyond repute Primarch Lorgar has a reputation beyond repute Primarch Lorgar has a reputation beyond repute Primarch Lorgar has a reputation beyond repute Primarch Lorgar has a reputation beyond repute Primarch Lorgar's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2010 05:06 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Hellraiser01 View Post
    Well, Light was so used to winning, he got cocky. I'm sure he never thought about the fact that the notebook was switched. He got to the point where he figured he had won so much, he had nothing to worry about. 3 years without L kinda made him dull. The Light that took L down wouldnt have been so careless lol
    I completely concur with this statement, he became careless after L, still a brilliant mastermind but he reached his highest point well L lay dead.

Member zeromega has a reputation beyond repute zeromega has a reputation beyond repute zeromega has a reputation beyond repute zeromega has a reputation beyond repute zeromega has a reputation beyond repute zeromega has a reputation beyond repute zeromega has a reputation beyond repute zeromega has a reputation beyond repute zeromega has a reputation beyond repute zeromega has a reputation beyond repute zeromega has a reputation beyond repute zeromega's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-30-2009 11:54 PM
    Threads

light was to full of himself to think of something like that.
    plus, i don't think that would fit in the story.

Bringer of Chaos ZukaxxMimozu has a reputation beyond repute ZukaxxMimozu has a reputation beyond repute ZukaxxMimozu has a reputation beyond repute ZukaxxMimozu has a reputation beyond repute ZukaxxMimozu has a reputation beyond repute ZukaxxMimozu has a reputation beyond repute ZukaxxMimozu has a reputation beyond repute ZukaxxMimozu has a reputation beyond repute ZukaxxMimozu has a reputation beyond repute ZukaxxMimozu has a reputation beyond repute ZukaxxMimozu has a reputation beyond repute ZukaxxMimozu's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Primarch Lorgar View Post
    I completely concur with this statement, he became careless after L, still a brilliant mastermind but he reached his highest point well L lay dead.
    Hahaha, why thank you, kind stranger XD

Yoko Littner Fan Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Where
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2014 08:43 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hellraiser01 View Post
    Light was smart, but he really wasn't all the smart. The reason he was able to last so long is because the burden of proof was on L/Near/Mellow and he had a Death Note to kill any witnesses.
    L/Near/Mellow were always a step ahead of Light, but to win they had to PROVE something. All Light had to do was get get the names of Near/Mellow/L.

You talk about light getting cocky? If Light really wanted to win, he should have just got the Shinigami eyes right off the bat. He was always cocky.

Junior Member pandakoala is on a distinguished road pandakoala's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2009 07:11 PM
    Threads

You know, if he didn't pick up the kira complex so quickly, it would work out so much better.
    To use the death note ANONYMOUSLY, it would be genius.
    Guess he Isn't that smart.

Captain No Pants Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis Dr Who SonicScrewdriver
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2014 11:23 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pandakoala View Post
    You know, if he didn't pick up the kira complex so quickly, it would work out so much better.
    To use the death note ANONYMOUSLY, it would be genius.
    Guess he Isn't that smart.
    I think he's "smart", but all the "smart" people I've met are "stupid" in some sort of way. It can be a lack of common sense, or their random "stupid" comments. But what never ceases to amaze me is that every "smart" person I've met has this thing about them that just screams, "dictator." Seriously, some of the "smartest" people I've met are completely and utterly evil. And they come up with the best forms of torture. *shudders at memory* Yea, a common answer to how to solve world problems would be, "'nuke 'em!" . . . our world is doomed.

No Rain No Rainbow!!! OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Red Dango Fuuko Starfish Cake
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-08-2012 11:37 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Question

You have a point there. But it was also wrong for him to say "I won Near."

Though I think he didn't see that coming since he was overconfident that he would win.
    Some people say "You can't have it all." I say "I can try~!!!" - OtakuInu!!!

Twitter-Tumblr
    -DevArt-YouTube-Formspring

OtakuInu~!!! Red V.I.P dango

Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by OtakuInu!!! View Post
    You have a point there. But it was also wrong for him to say "I won Near."

Though I think he didn't see that coming since he was overconfident that he would win.
    Thats the cocky part XD

Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Wio View Post
    Light was smart, but he really wasn't all the smart. The reason he was able to last so long is because the burden of proof was on L/Near/Mellow and he had a Death Note to kill any witnesses.
    L/Near/Mellow were always a step ahead of Light, but to win they had to PROVE something. All Light had to do was get get the names of Near/Mellow/L.

You talk about light getting cocky? If Light really wanted to win, he should have just got the Shinigami eyes right off the bat. He was always cocky.
    Haha, yeah, they had a harder role to play. Its aaaaall because of the american Justice system XD jk jk But really, he was a genious, as were they, but he got simple-mided after so long without any defiance against Kira. But you think he could have done it more....conspicuosly? Is that the right word? I mean, if he had killed criminals in more randoms ways, L would have still peiced together criminals dyig, but the heart-attack thing kinda sped that up XD

And he was always cocky, to an extent, but bringing down L, then Mellow, Had o have super-sized his Ego XD

Member AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-15-2010 08:19 PM
    I live in Orlando Florida (you know, the Disney state.)
    Threads

I know things had to happen for there to be a story, but if Light truly wanted to win and never be discovered as Kira, there is one major error he made pretty much from the beginning, and I think it's obvious as far as I'm concerned. I think Light's biggest mistake was during the first broadcast from L as Lind L. Tailor, and it also shows one of Light's greatest flaws. Because of his arrogance about being true justice, from the point where L tells the anonymous Kira that what he was doing is evil, Light let his own ego get to him. His already evident god-complex (possibly also his childishness being that he was 17 at the time) caused him to become enraged and write Lind L. Tailor's name in the Death Note just to "show him who's boss" so to speak.

I see this as Light's biggest mistake since it proved L's theory about there truly being an actual killer at work, as well as making pinpointing the whereabouts of Kira much more easier for L. If Light didn't let Lind L. Tailor's comment intimidate him to make such a (in my opinion) careless move, it would have made it that much harder for L to possibly track down Kira. Instead, Light's action made L able to narrow down the possible location of Kira to not only Japan, but even within the Kanto region. If Light chose to just ignore this specific confrontation, as well as any similar broadcasts, he might have been able to succeed without much trouble whatsoever.

Now, I'm not saying I would truly want Kira to succeed in his plan (most definitely not if this was actually for real, of course), but this is only a fictional anime, and Light is, of course, a very hot bishonen (not only that, but I also find myself attracted to bishonens of the villainous kind) which is why for me (personally), Light is my favorite Death Note character. I get chills when he has those evil reddish eyes and sinister smirk.

Anyhow, even though I didn't want him to succeed completely, I didn't like seeing him go out like he did at the end of the anime. Even the (what I think was) originally intended ending in which the only thing that happens is (I believe this was also in the Director's Cut with additional scenes) Ryuk writes Light's name in the Death Note, and he dies sure of his victory without such a horrible end. Instead we not only see Light have the tables turned on him right when he was certain of his victory, resulting in him freaking out in a shock of panic. He also ends up shot many times then falls into a puddle and squirms around trying to get up. Which makes him look undignified and pathetic.

I must admit, even as he is shown running/limping in his last minutes living to hide, I feel this sense of pity, and even sadness as we see his memories of the day he found the Death Note and flashbacks up to this point. At this point, he no longer even has the arrogant look on his face with anger of being defeated. To me, he even seems to have a somewhat sorrowful look. As if thoughts going through his head such as, "I only wanted to create a world without crime. I tried so hard and came so far just to be defeated in the end. I thought I was doing the right thing. Where did I go wrong?". Even when he is seen at the tail end as his eyes slowly close and he is finally dead, I even cry a little and feel sorry for him.

Closed Thread

Thread Information