AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Question about Brotherhood storyline vs. "Original" FMA storyline[poss. spoilers]

Senior Member Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-13-2010 12:38 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Question about Brotherhood storyline vs. "Original" FMA storyline[poss. spoilers]

Hey guys, I had a quick question, although it might be a spoiler to some who read this. This question is for those who have read the manga of FMA. In the original, there is this "other world" beyond the gate. Is there another world side of the gate in the Brotherhood storyline? If so, does it play a big role in the story like it did in the original? Thanks a lot all!
    Last.FM!
    Hit me up with a F/R!

Member FULLMETAL TIGRESS has a brilliant future FULLMETAL TIGRESS has a brilliant future FULLMETAL TIGRESS has a brilliant future FULLMETAL TIGRESS has a brilliant future FULLMETAL TIGRESS has a brilliant future FULLMETAL TIGRESS has a brilliant future FULLMETAL TIGRESS has a brilliant future FULLMETAL TIGRESS has a brilliant future FULLMETAL TIGRESS has a brilliant future FULLMETAL TIGRESS has a brilliant future FULLMETAL TIGRESS has a brilliant future FULLMETAL TIGRESS's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2012 03:39 AM
    Threads

Unhappy I don't know

I haven't read the end of the manga yet and i read the manga from episode 90 to 98 and i regret that because now i know stuff that must not have know until watch the new anime of Fullmetal Alchemist that means FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST : BROTHERHOOD
    Last edited by FULLMETAL TIGRESS; 10-03-2009 at 04:20 AM.
    FULLMETAL TIGRESS

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-31-2013 08:59 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke0990 View Post
    Hey guys, I had a quick question, although it might be a spoiler to some who read this. This question is for those who have read the manga of FMA. In the original, there is this "other world" beyond the gate. Is there another world side of the gate in the Brotherhood storyline? If so, does it play a big role in the story like it did in the original? Thanks a lot all!
    No. The first FMA anime series is the "fake" series. Everything that happens after about 15 episodes never happened in the manga. It's very, very, very different from the real story of FMA.

FMA:Brotherhood is the real story of FMA, as told in the manga. Again, it's completely different from the first anime series. There is no "other world". That was just bullcrap that was made up so they could end the first anime.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Senior Member Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-13-2010 12:38 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post
    No. The first FMA anime series is the "fake" series. Everything that happens after about 15 episodes never happened in the manga. It's very, very, very different from the real story of FMA.

FMA:Brotherhood is the real story of FMA, as told in the manga. Again, it's completely different from the first anime series. There is no "other world". That was just bullcrap that was made up so they could end the first anime.
    Alright, that is good to know. The whole other world stuff was really lame, I thought. I am looking forward to the rest of FMA: Brotherhood. Thanks for the help!
    Last.FM!
    Hit me up with a F/R!

Tieria's girl kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-06-2010 06:51 PM
    Threads

Not "fake series" just different. Jesus.
    Aw, the wonderful sound of AF.

Quote Originally Posted by BurntHouse View Post
    Robots one-up "love" simply by "obeying" you. Who needs love and respect when we can get fear and anguish instead? :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Condey View Post
    I can't think of any that come to mind at the moment, but my default response to a personal attack is "Your dog has hepatitas". It doesn't work all the time, but hoo-boy when it does, it works wonders.

Member FULLMETAL TIGRESS has a brilliant future FULLMETAL TIGRESS has a brilliant future FULLMETAL TIGRESS has a brilliant future FULLMETAL TIGRESS has a brilliant future FULLMETAL TIGRESS has a brilliant future FULLMETAL TIGRESS has a brilliant future FULLMETAL TIGRESS has a brilliant future FULLMETAL TIGRESS has a brilliant future FULLMETAL TIGRESS has a brilliant future FULLMETAL TIGRESS has a brilliant future FULLMETAL TIGRESS has a brilliant future FULLMETAL TIGRESS's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2012 03:39 AM
    Threads

Cool Hagane No Renkinjutsushi

Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn

I Guess he means "FAKE" not in order to offend the first anime just to make a difference between the Original Manga Storyline created by Hiromu Arakawa and the First Anime by the point of view of Seiji Mizushima, he was the director of the first anime ... I guess he told the story in a different way just to attract fans and he did right?

FULLMETAL TIGRESS

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-31-2013 08:59 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL TIGRESS View Post
    I Guess he means "FAKE" not in order to offend the first anime just to make a difference between the Original Manga Storyline created by Hiromu Arakawa and the First Anime by the point of view of Seiji Mizushima, he was the director of the first anime ... I guess he told the story in a different way just to attract fans and he did right?

No, he didn't even "tell the story in a different way". He told a completely different story that was not Fullmetal Alchemist. "Fullmetal Alchemist" is the story written by Arakawa Hiromu. The first anime didn't tell this story beyond the first 12 episodes, and is therefore not "Fullmetal Alchemist" in my eyes, and I can't see how it would be in anyone else's.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-12-2014 04:54 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

No, he didn't even "tell the story in a different way". He told a completely different story that was not Fullmetal Alchemist. "Fullmetal Alchemist" is the story written by Arakawa Hiromu. The first anime didn't tell this story beyond the first 12 episodes, and is therefore not "Fullmetal Alchemist" in my eyes, and I can't see how it would be in anyone else's.
    Though not completely, I would have to agree with you. The first Fullmetal Alchemist anime strays SO FAR away from the manga that its not even funny. Like you said, after about 12 or so episodes, the series skews off in a completely different direction from the manga, to the point that, often times, its almost better to pretend that the first anime does even exist, since it doesn't pull the story forward (it does not really do anything). Of course, Arakawa herself requested that the anime differ from the manga in this fashion, so I can't really complain.

I do not think it was a bad series (actually, it is one of my favorites) but I do not use the anime as a real reference for the series itself since one really...can't (unless they are making comparisons).

I always have to explain that, yes, Alphonse can

perform alchemy without a transmutation circle
    , that Edward

found Al's body
    , or that Scar

was the one who killed Winry's parents
    Last edited by wolfgirl90; 10-11-2009 at 01:16 PM.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Out to save turtles Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Portal Companion Cube Moon Crystal Locket Dice D20
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2011 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BibiTurtle Steam ID: BibiTurtle Wii Code: 6510-3075-8319-6972

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke0990 View Post
    The FMA: Brotherhood anime follows the original storyline as written by Arakawa. There are some really small differences though.
    To answer your question, the "other world" beyond the gate is a motif in the manga and so it is also in the Brotherhood anime. I actually like this series than the first animated series, since it closely follows the manga.

Thanks for the sig Xey Oiz ^.^

Closed Thread

Thread Information