AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Cosplaying as Shiki from Black Cat...

Hybrid View

Senior Member AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-08-2010 02:26 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Cosplaying as Shiki from Black Cat...

Body...can be handled.
    Hair...sure.

Head...problems.

Suggestions! Some things I need the mask to be able to do:
    -Breathe. I don't want to die on Halloween.
    -Be able to be pulled up and down over my mouth so I can speak.
    -Not fall apart.
    -Be able to attach hair using Velcro.

I need help!

On a side note, my rather fat friend refuses to cosplay as Maro with me. Working hard to persuade him.
    .::ANIME is DOPAMINE to me::.

[[
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]]

May precipitate OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2018 11:48 PM
    Threads

You could probably make a cloth mask using similar material to that of the hijab (clothing that muslim women wear). It should be pretty light weight and you can breath just fine.

You could make it to be a full head mask and attach the hair directly onto the cloth, or you can make a strap at the back or something.

Tru Fax: Princess Minako wrestled Jesus... and won

Senior Member AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku has a reputation beyond repute AznOtaku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by OminousCloud View Post
    You could probably make a cloth mask using similar material to that of the hijab (clothing that muslim women wear). It should be pretty light weight and you can breath just fine.

You could make it to be a full head mask and attach the hair directly onto the cloth, or you can make a strap at the back or something.
    Interesting. I was considering using a balaclava and then wrapping cloth around it, but that doesn't solve the problem of speaking.

Can your voice be audible through cloth?

[[
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]]

Senior Member Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu Ceiling Cat Albatross
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2014 02:52 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AznOtaku View Post
    Interesting. I was considering using a balaclava and then wrapping cloth around it, but that doesn't solve the problem of speaking.

Yes but it will be muffled unless you bring a megaphone. I would leave my mouth uncovered.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by xAl-san View Post
    Yes but it will be muffled unless you bring a megaphone. I would leave my mouth uncovered.
    That loses the effect of Shiki's headgear, though.

I'm thinking of some method that allows me to pull down the cloth like Shiki can in the manga, but that's pretty impossible (at least on my train of thought) since when you pull it down, you loosen the cloth, thus getting it back to normal would be difficult, not to mention that the only opening for me to pull from is the eyes.

[[

May precipitate OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by AznOtaku View Post

Yes you can, there are muslim women who wear full face covers and they can speak just fine. You just have to construct it so that there's enough room to speak.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by OminousCloud View Post
    Yes you can, there are muslim women who wear full face covers and they can speak just fine. You just have to construct it so that there's enough room to speak.
    But those cloths are thin. I'm not sure if I'm audible through what I have in mind.

I'm busy working on the body for now, so the headgear issue would be dealt with later.

Should I post pics when I finish?

[[

Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Pics would be great

Closed Thread

Thread Information