AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: MSG reflections...

Senior Member J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2012 12:34 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default MSG reflections...

So I finished MSG today. In one word, it was epic but I'll go into more detail. It was a great series and I can't believe how it wasn't well-received in Japan initially or why people didn't like it much when it premiered in the U.S. I was easily able to look past the animation and appreciate the series for the characters and story. The battles themselves were great, especially the in the final third of the series. The political element of the show was lacking but I loved the military aspect of the show. There were likable characters on both sides and I really found the episode where the Zeon soldiers who planted bombs on RX-78 dressed up as civilians to give Amuro some encouragement interesting.

I didn't really find Char all that appealing even though I knew most people consider him the coolest Gundam character ever but his final scene definitely made me a fan. I loved the salute and the little smirk before he fired the bazooka too. I know the Zeong is superior but I wish he could have used his Gelgoog in the final battle. That double beam saber was so cool.

I didn't really like the psychedelic scenes that involved Lalah and I'm really not a fan of Newtype powers and Newtypes in general. I prefer the common soldier like Ramba and Sleggar(wish he could've piloted an actual MS but he's still cool).

Even as a GW fan, part of me has conceded that MSG is a better overall show than GW. GW is still my favorite show because of the nostalgia, certain scenes and characters but there are very few elements of GW in my opinion that I would rank ahead of MSG.

Anyway, I'm going to dive right into Zeta tomorrow.

Senior Member Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Decepticons Eva NERV Aquarius
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-26-2012 10:45 AM
    Pinole, California, United States, 107905739230377, Pinole, California
    Threads

Told you the climax is a gut-buster. XD
    "I'll kill Zechs. That's my way of saying thanks." -Heero Yuy

Senior Member B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2009 05:14 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by J Gundam View Post
    So I finished MSG today. In one word, it was epic but I'll go into more detail. It was a great series and I can't believe how it wasn't well-received in Japan initially or why people didn't like it much when it premiered in the U.S. I was easily able to look past the animation and appreciate the series for the characters and story. The battles themselves were great, especially the in the final third of the series. The political element of the show was lacking but I loved the military aspect of the show. There were likable characters on both sides and I really found the episode where the Zeon soldiers who planted bombs on RX-78 dressed up as civilians to give Amuro some encouragement interesting.
    Also taken into account that it was the first thing of Gundam Anime to exist, even the first mecha anime series to be classified as "Real Robot"/more sci fi and spawning enough awesome to make people look past Amuro's whacky weapon launch animation mistakes, Ball and Chain weapons and teen wangst.

I didn't really find Char all that appealing even though I knew most people consider him the coolest Gundam character ever but his final scene definitely made me a fan. I loved the salute and the little smirk before he fired the bazooka too. I know the Zeong is superior but I wish he could have used his Gelgoog in the final battle. That double beam saber was so cool.

After the fight, his hatred for Zabis finally vanquished, he decides to save Mineva and anything thats left of the Zeon. But short of a Zeong (which just got wasted), he makes it to a hangar asks a random Mechanic for an operational MS, even if it can only move. Of course all MS got launched for the decesive battle - except one unit, which wasn't launched because "only Char Aznable was authorized to use it": His Gelgoog with hasted repairs and a new arm, how convenient that he happens to be who he is! (they lacked the spares, so they omitted the generator and stuck figner cannons onto it, making him unable to power heat weaponry omitting them alltogether but in return had an extra gun to shoot stuff with). Mid-fight, the hastiness of the repairs take their toll and his verniers jam, making him a sitting duck, his weapon gets sniped off - time for moment of awesome! (yes, thats the other guy's arm he's using)

Last edited by B Gundam; 10-17-2009 at 09:38 PM.
    Life is like Gundam ZZ, anime ja nai!
    B Gundam's sigs

For we are one World with one Dream!
    Some things are timeless. In a literal sense.

Senior Member J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2012 12:34 PM
    Threads

That's beautiful...

Closed Thread

Thread Information