AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Who would play the Gundam Wing characters in a film?

Junior Member King Omar is on a distinguished road King Omar's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2009 03:28 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Who would play the Gundam Wing characters in a film?

After Dragonball Evolution came out it was pretty obvious that miscasting in an anime to real life film is pretty easy to do so I just want to know who everyone thinks would make good Gundam Wing folk. Any actor, any age. My vote's on (a young) Ryan Phillipe as Trowa, Elijah Wood as Quatre and a young Winona Ryder as Relena....

Discuss!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ryan-phillippe-20050918-72271.jpg‎
Views:	42
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	26514   Click image for larger version

Name:	Check out those baby blues!.png‎
Views:	44
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	26515  

Senior Member B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2009 05:14 PM
    Threads

My vote is omit American actors for the Main Character and use the guys from Kamen Rider series. Hollywood just can't do Anime as of now.

The reason I favor Kamen rider guys over western actors is, as good as western actors may be, they fumble the "cool guy" part, they are just more peppy than cool. Also, they are frequently too butch (Heero is anorexic). Bishi boys need to be played by bishi boys

Doing it wrong:

Heero:

Specifically someone boyband-bishi enough to earn the nick "Prince of the Stars" needs to be very very bishounen. Yuuki Sato has the looks, but his voice is kinda off.
    The alternative would be Hiro Mizushima speaking with a deeper voice:

+
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Duo:

Duo has to be someone who can look happy naturally, but people that come to mind for me like Jim Carrey or Jacky Chan are just too old for it. Perhaps Daniel Radcliffe with Braids? I'm really not sure. We could use Masato Uchimaya for his brotherish looks

But then again Duo is supposed to be American.

Wufei:

For Wufei I'd favor Jet Li, though I wonder if he can display enough pent up anger.

Trowa

Another one where a japanese "cool guy" actor would fit in best, I take Hidenori Tokuyama.

Quatre
    I seriously can't think of anyone who would look shotaish enough. Maybe Masato from the Duo section? But He's clearly too japanese-looking for a blonde kid, the closest I can think of would be one of the Zack/Cody twins there.

Treize

Mark Musashi would work as Treize... wait, I know what you're thinking. But lets shave this guy:

See what I mean? Now we just need to give him the proper haircut and eyebrows. He knows Wushu, allowing him to do an epic on-foot fight with Jet Li Wufei and knows how to play the antagonist gentleman from previous roles:
    +
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I also have the feeling that if done as movie they'll get up with the executive meddling again and make Relena's role yet another Action Girl or have one of the 5 main pilots become female/a token black guy and the Gundam pilots suddenly become high school students.

I say screw that. Unless you think Gundam Wing works with Chris Tucker as Trowa.
    Last edited by B Gundam; 09-28-2009 at 06:11 PM.
    Life is like Gundam ZZ, anime ja nai!
    B Gundam's sigs

For we are one World with one Dream!
    Some things are timeless. In a literal sense.

Senior Member J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2012 12:34 PM
    Threads

I pray that Hollywood NEVER decides to do a Gundam Wing movie. I honestly don't want to see ANY Gundam series turned into a live-action movie. The fact is, the best actors would never sign up for it and so young actors with zero charisma would have to be used resulting in disaster.

The Man With No Signature The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-12-2010 10:09 AM
    Threads

I'd have to agree with Kamern Rider and Tokusatsu actors in general. But Gundam being a globally popular franchise (Kamen Rider is too, but Gundam is on another level) they should have a higher production budget. Wing being boyband-ish in a sense (refer to THAT other thread) then i see it fit that we use some 'big pretty boys' in the cast.

Only a few, i mean VERY FEW, actors in Tokusatsu has made it big in the entertainment industry. Outside the spectrum of Tokusatsu, there are some actors that i think would fit well visually in our well loved (and hated) Wing characters.

Heero you say? I agree with B Gundam on Mizushima Hiro, he's one of the biggest stars of today in Japan, he's well known globally as Kamen Rider Kabuto, and his look and his voice would fit perfect for the role.

Quattre: Koji Seto (Kamen Rider Kiva)

Seriously, have a good look at this guy. He's popular and bankable, another Kamen Rider, and on top of it all he has that Quatre-wimp aura.

Duo: Kento Handa (Kamen Rider Faiz)

Though not as popular as the one previously mentioned, he certainly has his pros, and yeah he's another Kamen Rider. Just look at him, he looks somewhat an asian-western half breed, give him that Duo hair and he'd be all set. He looks 'naturally happy' - you're just seeing a serious picture of him, just One minor problem - this guy's too skinny...

Wufei: Yes, Jet Li and also... Satoshi Matsuda (Kamen Rider Knight)

Just tweak his hairstyle and he's all set.

Trowa is still open, there are lots who could fit in very well with his character.

Treize: Shigeki Hozokawa (Kamen Rider Hibiki aka The Heisei Masterpiece)

Again, not that pretty nor pop, but have a good look at him and you could easily make him gentlemanly like Treize. He slightly looks a little bit older too..

Zechs: Mokomichi Hayami

Here's Mokomichi Hayami, Mizushima Hiro's co-star in Zettai Kareshi, and another bankable star. He's big and brooding enough, deep voice, just edit his hair a little bit.
    Last edited by The Grey Crane; 09-29-2009 at 12:00 AM. Reason: WHAT THE??? Image was too big!!!

Senior Member Banana OG has a reputation beyond repute Banana OG has a reputation beyond repute Banana OG has a reputation beyond repute Banana OG has a reputation beyond repute Banana OG has a reputation beyond repute Banana OG has a reputation beyond repute Banana OG has a reputation beyond repute Banana OG has a reputation beyond repute Banana OG has a reputation beyond repute Banana OG has a reputation beyond repute Banana OG has a reputation beyond repute Banana OG's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-12-2010 07:09 PM
    Threads

LOLLLL CHris Tucker as Trowa for the freakin win! xD

Senior Member Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Decepticons Eva NERV Aquarius
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-26-2012 10:45 AM
    Pinole, California, United States, 107905739230377, Pinole, California
    Threads

Now see, I WOULD want them to make a live action Gundam Wing. If none likes Hollywood casting(I see they're point. G.I. Joe >Ahem<), they could make it less popular, like the group who did Death Note live action. The only pontential mistake I see is the mecha design. See what they did with Transformers? Transformers is cool and all, I just don't want to see Wing or Heavyarms with gaps in their joints, or Buster Rifle turning into assault rifle. Hollywood does a good job with those kind of things.

_____
    "I'll kill Zechs. That's my way of saying thanks." -Heero Yuy

Senior Member J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2012 12:34 PM
    Threads

That's what I meant. No matter who did the movie, the casting would be screwed up somehow and the mechas themselves would lose their charm with CGI.

Junior Member King Omar is on a distinguished road King Omar's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2009 03:28 PM
    Threads

Hmm, some good choices there, especially for Heero. But the entire cast can't be Japanese. Trowa, Treize and Zechs especially are just so European

Closed Thread

Thread Information