AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: -The Thought-

Senior Member Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Favorite A Duck Naruto Headband
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2014 08:21 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default -The Thought-

Exploration. The key to an open mind.

So suddenly you're sitting there. In the sun kissed country.
    Silence as your partner.
    The peace as your companion.
    The clouds seem to part for the rays of the sun.
    How strange, and wonderous things like that seem to be to people now a days.

How can this be? This is the world we live in. The world we call our home. And yet this amazing beauty seems to avoid our gaze every day.
    I believe now that that is not the case. We avoid the beauty through choice. People focus on other things. Material posession. Gain. Ambition. 'Fools gold'. And most shockingly of all, work. Why is this? Why does work take so much of our attention, and dictate how we feel about not only this world but ourselves? I find it very perculiar that we extend more amazement at things like technological advancements, than things like the entire ocean being controlled by the moon. I mean come on, tides pulled in and out constantly. Our world is made up 2/3rd's of water, so technically 2/3rds of our world is being constantly pulled two and fro by the moon! How awesome is that to comprehend? How about the every changing and adapting seasons of our world. Changing with the drop of a hat. There is no machine that can match the eternal power and control of nature. It's actually the most simple concept really.

When people can't understand something they do one of two things. They either claim that it needs more faith than evidence. Or they change their perception to something they can understand. Something they can comprehend. But since when did we need or deserve to understand everything in this world? How close do people think we are? Not very I can assure you of that. The highest point of the world has never been seen by human eyes, without lenses or recording equipment. This is the same for the deepest part of the earth, in the depths of the sea. Yet we think we know many things? Ha. Nature has many things to teach us. In a way it makes me have even more respect for the late great Steve Irwin. He dedicated his life to not only attempting to understand wildlife, but also to preserve it. It and the nature of the world around him. The countryside. He was so courageous with his bravery in not only attempting to get close to the most dangerous animals on earth, but to also change our opinion on them. Change the way we saw them, our perception. What a warrior. What an incredible force of nature. One we all could learn from.

Now I'm not trying to discount technology or the things it has done for us. The opposite is true. I am truly grateful for the advancements we have made. But I just see a lot of people including myself taking for granted this utopia we live in. It's the same sun and moon that shines down on all of us. No matter where you are. And using your laptop in the countryside is fine, but I have found true wealth in walking among the trees. Surrounded by the grass and the other people who appreciate all of the natural wonder.

That is what this poem is dedicated to..

Laying on the top side of a mechanical bed
    In a room with wires, plugs and sockets
    The power's running through, and overhead
    Feeling unsure like pant's with empty pockets

Laying on the grass feeling a cold breeze
    In a field with animals, flower and bush
    The harmoney allows me time at ease
    To calm myself let go of the rush

The fast food packet ready for the microwave
    Buzzes through and heats, quick today
    I gobble it down, too little to save
    The packet's not recyclable, throw it away

Sitting cross legged in a old chinese village
    Tasting the individual vegtables fresh and new
    Sitting in a land that used to be pillaged
    Now with time to spend on the quality, the few

Crammed tight on a oversized bus
    Running late, feeling hot, sweating now
    Thinking about the time, for me not 'us'
    What if I'm late? What's the time? What now?!

Driving in a small car, windows wound down
    The air ruishing in, as I turn for the scenic route
    Feeling the wind jump in and out as I take the bend
    The beach flys past my window- gold simmering loot

In Ibiza a holiday brazen with neon lights
    I drink in every bar, stay up till the wee hours
    Alcohol fueled and drug started fights
    I slept inside a police cell, running late no time for showers.

In Australia, a holiday filled with awe
    I meet a range of amazing people and creatures
    I rolled in the snow, and even photographed a wild bore
    Strange how everyone here, are both student and teacher

So if I reach out to touch the sky
    If I bathe inside a humbled lake
    It's beacuse I want to feel a the natural high
    And I want it to be real instead of fake
    Last edited by Anime-Prince; 09-27-2009 at 03:09 PM.
    Fascinated by the rain, influenced by the wind. Adventure for fun.

Senior Member THE ICE ANGEL has a reputation beyond repute THE ICE ANGEL has a reputation beyond repute THE ICE ANGEL has a reputation beyond repute THE ICE ANGEL has a reputation beyond repute THE ICE ANGEL has a reputation beyond repute THE ICE ANGEL has a reputation beyond repute THE ICE ANGEL has a reputation beyond repute THE ICE ANGEL has a reputation beyond repute THE ICE ANGEL has a reputation beyond repute THE ICE ANGEL has a reputation beyond repute THE ICE ANGEL has a reputation beyond repute THE ICE ANGEL's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-03-2009 10:36 AM
    Threads

Reasonable speach...nice poem....Everything makes sense!

Senior Member Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Favorite A Duck Naruto Headband
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2014 08:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Thank you very much :-)
    Fascinated by the rain, influenced by the wind. Adventure for fun.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information