AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Language Filter

Member TKae is infamous around these parts TKae is infamous around these parts TKae is infamous around these parts TKae is infamous around these parts TKae is infamous around these parts TKae is infamous around these parts TKae is infamous around these parts TKae is infamous around these parts TKae is infamous around these parts TKae is infamous around these parts TKae is infamous around these parts TKae's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-25-2009 04:18 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Language Filter

What's the point of having a language filter on this forum?

I mean, seriously guys.

I get keyed for foul language that I expect the chat filter to catch since obviously you don't want people to see it. Fine. The chat filter picked it up. Then you turn around and nail me for it.

If you're gonna nail people for profanity, then don't have a profanity filter. You shouldn't be using it as a mousetrap to catch your mice just so you can kill them yourselves.

I mean, I try to be nice and give you guys some recognition, ya know? You've gone through all the trouble of setting up a chat filter, and I try to consider that you might feel neglected if you don't see it in action, yeah?

And if it's language the filter didn't pick up, then... well. That's your fault. Don't blame me for your shoddy chat filter

I mean, seriously. The left and the right hand should really consider some kind of organization in their methods.
    Mistah Kurtz—he dead.

A penny for the Old Guy

“Every genuine boy is a rebel and an anarch. If he were allowed
    to develop according to his own instincts, his own inclinations,
    society would undergo such a radical transformation
    as to make the adult revolutionary cower and cringe.”
    -John Andrew Holmes

Member Klakz has a reputation beyond repute Klakz has a reputation beyond repute Klakz has a reputation beyond repute Klakz has a reputation beyond repute Klakz has a reputation beyond repute Klakz has a reputation beyond repute Klakz has a reputation beyond repute Klakz has a reputation beyond repute Klakz has a reputation beyond repute Klakz has a reputation beyond repute Klakz has a reputation beyond repute Klakz's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2010 07:54 PM
    Threads

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    Dead.

Moderator Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Gurren Kamina Glasses Umbrella Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2010 08:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I see your complaint, and acknowledge. And to the best of my ability, I think I get what you're saying.

You don't like being censored.

Imagine that, people wanting to swear on the Internet.

みんなで歌おうよ!
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2013 06:58 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by TKae View Post
    And if it's language the filter didn't pick up, then... well. That's your fault. Don't blame me for your shoddy chat filter
    That's stupid. If you use cursing words, then it's YOUR fault. The rules are clear. "No cursing", not "curse as you like because we have a *trumpets* language filter."

What you're saying makes sense as much as: "I pointed the gun at the victim and pulled the trigger. It's his fault. Don't blame me because he didn't avoid it!!!" o_O

If you curse, you have broken the rules. If you break the rules, you get punished. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaltz
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    LOL... Can you say that in English?
    Last edited by Aku no Hikari; 09-23-2009 at 02:35 PM.

May precipitate OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2018 11:48 PM
    Threads

The way I see it, they don't want you using profanity, at the same time, if you do use it, they wouldn't want young children to see it. Once it is seen, it cannot be unseen. So, the warning is so that next time you're about to use profanity, you think twice about it.

It wouldn't be good if someone makes a post consisting of only a string of profanity. Who knows how many people would see it before a mod gets in to delete it, and who knows how many of those people would be 13 year olds.

Not everyone uses profanity, not everyone knows what the words mean (contrary to popular belief), since AF is a child-friendly environment, the site admins don't want to be exposing pre-teens and whatever to these words.

The same applies to chat, what is seen cannot be unseen.
    Last edited by OminousCloud; 09-24-2009 at 05:30 AM.

Tru Fax: Princess Minako wrestled Jesus... and won

Member TKae is infamous around these parts TKae is infamous around these parts TKae is infamous around these parts TKae is infamous around these parts TKae is infamous around these parts TKae is infamous around these parts TKae is infamous around these parts TKae is infamous around these parts TKae is infamous around these parts TKae is infamous around these parts TKae is infamous around these parts TKae's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-25-2009 04:18 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by akuNoHikari View Post
    That's stupid. If you use cursing words, then it's YOUR fault. The rules are clear. "No cursing", not "curse as you like because we have a *trumpets* language filter."

What you're saying makes sense as much as: "I pointed the gun at the victim and pulled the trigger. It's his fault. Don't blame me because he didn't avoid it!!!" o_O
    I'm pretty sure it's your fault for having a crappy language filter.

I don't use exotic profanity.

EDITED : There's no need to make examples.

If those don't get filtered, then you don't have a very effective profanity filter, now do you?

And considering that 3 of the 6 didn't get picked up, it begs the question -- "Why waste the space of a language filter that only works 1/2 of the time?"

I'm just saying...
    Last edited by TKae; 09-25-2009 at 04:20 PM.
    Mistah Kurtz—he dead.

A penny for the Old Guy

“Every genuine boy is a rebel and an anarch. If he were allowed
    to develop according to his own instincts, his own inclinations,
    society would undergo such a radical transformation
    as to make the adult revolutionary cower and cringe.”
    -John Andrew Holmes

Senior Member Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Gifts Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2012 04:29 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You do realize that this site is viewed by minors as young as eight and adults as old as one-hundred and two.
    The words that were not censored are not really red-flagged curse words, but it should be used in moderation and it shouldn't be used to an extent and in no way should it be used in a offensive or flaming need.
    Also, you shouldn't use alternatives, or "camoflage" it.
    This site has been getting along just fine for plenty of years without cursing. Why should it be a problem now? Cursing shouldn't be in your vocabulary if you want to be professional in the real world anyways.

Ace wants to keep this family-friendly, and if you don't like the censoring, go make your own forum.
    ooshy ooshy ooshy
    Website|Deviantart
    Msn, email, icq, Facebook? Ask

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2023 03:50 PM
    Threads

Damn, hell, and piss--all are words we allow. So, according to your example, our profanity filter worked 100% of the time, not 50% like you've stated.
    I am Jakiao - The Resident Dw33b / Forum & Chat Admin
    [ Our Rules | Site FAQ ]

Thinking about asking a question in Site Issues and Questions?
    Be sure to SEARCH FIRST before making a new thread. Chances are, someone already asked!

Goddess (Mom <333) Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Dr Who Tardis Dr Who SonicScrewdriver Dr Who K9
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2011 02:24 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Because there are rules you agreed to when you signed up for an account. We assumed you have more maturity than a 5 year old and would respect those rules. Obviously we were mistaken. Since we are mistaken sometimes we have admins that ensure you remember the rules you agreed to when you registered and punish you for breaking them.

I will inform you that Che Guerava is NOT cheering you on from beyond the grave for your viva la resistance, and "sticking it to the man" with your clever use of swear words. You are no more "unique" and "edgy" than every other 15 year old who tries to rebel against their parents with your rebel words. Grow up, get over it.

The rules are there, they're not changing. Read the fine print next time before you click "I AGREE", and before you start whining over something so stupid and trivial.
    A simple kiss can warm an entire body

Closed Thread

Thread Information