AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Eager to know..Any Suikoden fans?

Junior Member PerfectParadox has a reputation beyond repute PerfectParadox has a reputation beyond repute PerfectParadox has a reputation beyond repute PerfectParadox has a reputation beyond repute PerfectParadox has a reputation beyond repute PerfectParadox has a reputation beyond repute PerfectParadox has a reputation beyond repute PerfectParadox has a reputation beyond repute PerfectParadox has a reputation beyond repute PerfectParadox has a reputation beyond repute PerfectParadox has a reputation beyond repute PerfectParadox's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2009 03:27 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Eager to know..Any Suikoden fans?

Don't care what anyone says, Suikoden 1 & 2 are the VERY best games. Ever.
    It's a shame they didn't get as much attention as they deserved..
    I haven't played the 3rd one yet, but I'll be getting it soon and then I'll be able to give my opinion on that as well ;) So far I've been devoted to playing the first 2 about a million times haha.

Anywho, I degress. I was just wondering if there were any people here on AF that have played the first 1-3 games(since the ones after, I hear, steady began to suck more and more).

For those who have played, who's your favorite character and why? :) What's your favorite part of the game?

It's hard for me to decide who my favorite character is..since I adore almost everyone from that game..but if I HAD to choose..it would be Miklotov. He's a great character(and not a bad person to have in your party either haha) I love his passion for his country and for what he believes is right. Definitely what a true knight should be.

Spock is a babe ♥♥

{| Silent Hill is my Anti-Drug |}

Senior Member Ophidian has a reputation beyond repute Ophidian has a reputation beyond repute Ophidian has a reputation beyond repute Ophidian has a reputation beyond repute Ophidian has a reputation beyond repute Ophidian has a reputation beyond repute Ophidian has a reputation beyond repute Ophidian has a reputation beyond repute Ophidian has a reputation beyond repute Ophidian has a reputation beyond repute Ophidian has a reputation beyond repute Ophidian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-19-2011 07:57 PM
    Threads

I like the series, three was very good but four was...eh...five redeemed big time! My favorite would be from three, Ghetto leader of some mercs. It's been a while, and I never did finish two.

Thunderbringer! RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Cake
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2017 12:40 PM
    Threads

As i recall they got quite a bit of attention when they launched. But like all RPG's that arent Final Fantasy, they become "cult classics" over time and are only remembered by the RPG hardcore and such (I have NO ONE in the world to talk about Thousand Arms with T_T)

god i love me some Suikoden 2! For some reason i cant remember anything about the first one...but still the second one was fantastic! I remember there was one for ps2 but i didnt bother since it looked dull (like every other RPG during the ps2 gen, hence my falling out with the JRPG genre around that time)

so...i guess i'm a fan? Last time i played it was maybe 3 years ago and i cant remember much about it aside from the main characters and the knife throwing hottie (mmmm knife throwing hottie....who did stuff for that one guard in the woods....*_* ). I also remember HATING traversing the world map for some reason. Maybe the encounter rate was retarded or something...
    Thanks to Wolley for the sexay siggeh! Good work, Wollz!
    On a mountain top
    Bearded RaShay slays demon
    Rocks out on guitar

Junior Member PerfectParadox has a reputation beyond repute PerfectParadox has a reputation beyond repute PerfectParadox has a reputation beyond repute PerfectParadox has a reputation beyond repute PerfectParadox has a reputation beyond repute PerfectParadox has a reputation beyond repute PerfectParadox has a reputation beyond repute PerfectParadox has a reputation beyond repute PerfectParadox has a reputation beyond repute PerfectParadox has a reputation beyond repute PerfectParadox has a reputation beyond repute PerfectParadox's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2009 03:27 AM
    Threads

^That's what I meant by 'No attention' xD It got lost in Final Fantasy's shadow!^

Oh! I've heard of Thousand Arms! But I've never gotten to play it.. And as it so happens, now I can probably only find it on ebay. ((Too bad I'm BROKE AUGH)).

I heard that the 3rd Suikoden for PS2 was relatively good...It was the 4th one that Konami, as Urban Dictionary puts it, "decided to take everything good they did in Suikoden I, II, and III and take a gigantic dump on it."
    Hmm..I think that there are some pretty decent RPGs for the PS2..It just depends I guess. I miss having all the options like you did in the old FF games and the Suikoden games though.
    Suikoden I honestly wasn't as impressive as the 2nd one..I found myself getting FAR more attached to the characters in the 2nd one.

LOL @ RINA. That scene is infamous xD I laughed SO hard when I saw it for the first time.

Map travel is good..encounter rate suck balls. : /

@Ophidian I'm about to get the 3rd game : D So I'll keep an eye out for that guy! Too bad you never got to finish two : ( It's a great game!

Spock is a babe ♥♥

{| Silent Hill is my Anti-Drug |}

Thunderbringer! RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Cake
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ yeah dont get me wrong. There are good, even great RPGs on the ps2. but the overwhelming majority of them felt so cookie cutter and bland. and thousand arms is a GREAT game if you can get your hands on it (or emulate it). It had hand drawn sprites, an interesting battle system, and had a heavy dating sim aspect. In fact dating the female characters was integral to the gameplay. throw in the anime quality voice acting and youre good to go! the main character's a riot, too! I relate well to goofball pervert characters....wonder why XD
    On a mountain top
    Rocks out on guitar

SES Member Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2017 05:34 AM
    Threads

I have Suiko 2, agreed: It's very good.
    If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.

Senior Member Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2011 03:57 PM
    Threads

Still need to get Suikoden II. I had my first full-on Suiko experience a couple months ago when I bought the first game at a yard sale for two dollars. The game was incredibly satisfying, though lacking a tad in originality. As soon as I beat it, I went out to GameStop and picked up Suikoden III.

This title does nothing. Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts 133 - Eevee 025 - Pikachu Dice
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2010 03:23 PM
    Threads

Suikoden II > Final Fantasy 7 ---> Infinity.

This signature contains nothing.

Nothing last updated:
    March Nothing, '09

Member reikalee has a reputation beyond repute reikalee has a reputation beyond repute reikalee has a reputation beyond repute reikalee has a reputation beyond repute reikalee has a reputation beyond repute reikalee has a reputation beyond repute reikalee has a reputation beyond repute reikalee has a reputation beyond repute reikalee has a reputation beyond repute reikalee has a reputation beyond repute reikalee has a reputation beyond repute reikalee's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-11-2009 11:41 PM
    Threads

I'm sad... The ONLY Suikoden I've played was the second one.

Dalmasca does not forget kindness nor ill deed done. With sword in hand she aids her allies. Sword in hand, she lays to rest her foes.

-Ashelia B'nargin Dalmasca, Final Fantasy XII

Senior Member Ophidian has a reputation beyond repute Ophidian has a reputation beyond repute Ophidian has a reputation beyond repute Ophidian has a reputation beyond repute Ophidian has a reputation beyond repute Ophidian has a reputation beyond repute Ophidian has a reputation beyond repute Ophidian has a reputation beyond repute Ophidian has a reputation beyond repute Ophidian has a reputation beyond repute Ophidian has a reputation beyond repute Ophidian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-19-2011 07:57 PM
    Threads

Shadow Hearts 1 & 2 are my all time favorite rpgs, and they're on the PS2.

Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Cake
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ophidian View Post
    Shadow Hearts 1 & 2 are my all time favorite rpgs, and they're on the PS2.
    those were quite neat. why? because they were inspired. thankfully this trend is making a comeback
    On a mountain top
    Rocks out on guitar

PK of the Azure Flame KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX's Avatar
    Gil
    Hacker
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-05-2016 03:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Ohh_Powl

Suikoden was one of my fav ps1 rpgs, im sooooo happy that they put in on the psp for download, ah...brings back memories
    Thank you to all who helped me get out of the red, i really appriciate it ^^

please click my egg

Member reikalee has a reputation beyond repute reikalee has a reputation beyond repute reikalee has a reputation beyond repute reikalee has a reputation beyond repute reikalee has a reputation beyond repute reikalee has a reputation beyond repute reikalee has a reputation beyond repute reikalee has a reputation beyond repute reikalee has a reputation beyond repute reikalee has a reputation beyond repute reikalee has a reputation beyond repute reikalee's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-11-2009 11:41 PM
    Threads

SPOILER ALERT!!
    The part where Nanami dies in Suikoden 2 brought me to tears.

Dalmasca does not forget kindness nor ill deed done. With sword in hand she aids her allies. Sword in hand, she lays to rest her foes.

-Ashelia B'nargin Dalmasca, Final Fantasy XII

Perverted Kitty of Doom lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2013 01:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

the game seems pretty good, i havent played it but my friend has it and she showed me it
    you can't call me weird, cause im unique ^_^
    btw if youre going to admire me, please tell me who you are, gracias

siggy by teddy thankies ^^

**UPDATE** NEW DRAWINGS
    * * * A R T ~ W O R K * * *
    My sweet sweet family is located in my blog
    if you want to be a part of our family, pm me

Is the bee's knees ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2010 04:55 AM
    Threads

Suikoden II is one of my all time favorite games. The later games are still decent, but they lack the magic of the first 2, IMO.
    Arm The Citizen
    Deserving Teeth

Wolley makes me things.

Senior Member Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Leo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2011 02:28 AM
    Threads

*spoiler alert*
    Nanami dies in the bad ending without the 108 stars. Or if you mess up timing.

I've played alsmot every suikoden except Gesno Suikoden 1&2 that were released in japan only, who's main characters were Nash, and I can clearly state that I can make an entire essay as to how much I hate suikoden IV and why. As for favourites, I'd say 2&3. II because Tyr McDoughl(the most epic and awesome suikoden character ever) spoke in it. Second he spoke, the world imploded, got created aagain to that very second, and imploded again. 3 because it allowed you to play from the villains point of view, making him one of the 108 stars. Luc made an awesome villain hands down.

V was okay. Tierkris for the DS was ehhhh.

~The King has come! To save us from the dark, who could have ever doubt? We have faith~
    set done by Daken

Super Princess Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos's Avatar
    Gil
    Volatile
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2010 03:11 AM
    Threads

I used to be a huge Suikoden fan, but an ex-friend kinda ruined the series for me, and I really haven't been able to play it since.

Closed Thread

Thread Information