AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Non-anime music that sounds anime influenced

Member AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-15-2010 08:19 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    I live in Orlando Florida (you know, the Disney state.)
    Threads

Default Non-anime music that sounds anime influenced

Have you ever come across a song, a band, or even album artwork you think might be anime influenced even if not connected to anime? This does not include music from Japan. One song I think sounds influenced by anime is the song Mr. Roboto by the 80s band Styx. It's Japanese opening lyrics as well as the main "Domo arigato Mr. Roboto." Not to mention its robot theme, including the lyrics "With parts made in Japan". As you know, robots, machines/mecha, and technology are big in Japan and anime.

Also, there's a band (also from the 80s) called Sigue Sigue Sputnik. The band members wore outrageous costumes, makeup, and had wild hairstyles just like you would see in Japanese visual-kei bands. A few songs and other inserts have Japanese lyrics, and many songs (I think) have somewhat Japanese sounding parts, including sound effects. And if that's not enough, the cover artwork of one of their albums features a mecha as well as Japanese characters. Here's what it looks like....

BTW, There's a Japanese band called Boom Boom Satellites, which is also the name of one of Sigue Sigue Sputnik's songs.

Another band (yet another one from the 80s), is Propaganda. Some of their songs sound like something you would hear in an 80s anime. Especially the song P-Machinery, which is basically about machines and the possibilities they given. It could be perfect for a mecha anime. The beginning of the song with it's beat and computer sounds as well as the main trumpet part sounds a lot like music I would here in some anime. And somehow the middle to last part sounds like something familiar to anime or video games I've heard before. Another song with an anime feel to it is the song Duel. It especially has this Japanese sounding part throughout it. Most of the songs from their album, A Secret Wish, have a somewhat anime-type feel to them.

There's one interesting thing I found out (actually discovered on my own), which is kinda like a reverse of this thread's subject. In episode 120 of Dragonball Z, where Trunks is introduced, the music (btw this is the original japanese bgm) during Trunk's Super Saiyan transformation and at the end of the episode, has parts that sound exactly like sections of five to six different songs by Propaganda. All of which happen to be on the same album as well. The name of this theme in Dragonball Z, I believe is called "Battle Points Unlimited".

I don't know if everyone else would notice this as well, but all my life I've watched lots of anime and have played lots of video games (and of course most video games are from Japan) and with all the music I've heard in both, there's just something with the way these songs sound to me that just make them sound like anime-ish music. (Sorry if that last part sounded kinda corny) So, anyone else out there ever heard music/songs that sound possibly anime inspired, or that make you think of anime? If there is, then please share what they are.

Is the bee's knees ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2010 04:55 AM
    Threads

A lot of songs by Sonata Arctica but mainly their earlier stuff, hahaha.

Check out the song "My Land".
    Arm The Citizen
    Deserving Teeth

Wolley makes me things.

/v|;/|/|) `|`}{;(-'/-'' daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2016 05:43 PM

"Gigantor" - The Dickies
    feed your monster

Closed Thread

Thread Information