AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Best Feudal Era fight scene?

Junior Member shroobs has a spectacular aura about shroobs has a spectacular aura about shroobs's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-03-2009 12:21 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Best Feudal Era fight scene?

I'd have to go with Kenshin and Saito

+
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Is Berserk considered in the Feudal era?

+
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
    Last edited by shroobs; 09-02-2009 at 01:18 PM.

Senior Member nekosenshi has a reputation beyond repute nekosenshi has a reputation beyond repute nekosenshi has a reputation beyond repute nekosenshi has a reputation beyond repute nekosenshi has a reputation beyond repute nekosenshi has a reputation beyond repute nekosenshi has a reputation beyond repute nekosenshi has a reputation beyond repute nekosenshi has a reputation beyond repute nekosenshi has a reputation beyond repute nekosenshi has a reputation beyond repute nekosenshi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2010 12:30 PM
    Threads

[quote=shroobs;2323638]
    I'd have to go with Kenshin and Saito

+

You are so right! Awesome!

Kaoru and Kenshin Forever

Senior Member MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2010 10:07 PM
    Threads

I would go for something like this or just about any fight from this show
    +
    Last edited by MangaFanGuy; 09-03-2009 at 07:04 PM.

Legendry SUPER SAIYAN FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-16-2009 01:29 PM
    i live in india,nasik that is in maharashtra
    Threads

man kenshin"s is the best ,i love it <3

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 11:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

While Naruto is a pretty average series all-around, the one thing it has managed to do well is fight scenes. Three of which are very notable.

1. Rock Lee v. Gaara (Chuunin Exam Preliminaries) Not only one of the best fights in feudal series, but I'd go so far as to say (and have frequently seen other people make mention of this) it's one of the better fights in anime/manga as a whole. The choreography and direction of it was just perfect. Lots of quality animation, and very fast-paced, while keep the trump-card-factor fairly played down.

2. Naruto v. Sasuke (Hospital) This was both a release of tension for the series, and a real mounting of tension for the second half of the first story arc. It was fairly straight-forward, two rivals of different moral backgrounds going head-to-head, with the ever-emotional Sakura looking on. I think the outcome was perhaps most important, in regards to both the abilities and strengths of their attacks (as seen on the water fountains), but as well as the conflict it brought to Sasuke.

3. Naruto v. Sasuke (Valley of the End) In terms of scale, this is undoubtedly the largest fight in the series, and I don't think have have seen anything quite on-par with it sense. This was really the burst of the tension bubble that had been slowly building since the original Villiage Hidden in the Mist arc. It also featured some very good panels and action flow (manga), and top-notch animation in the anime. We got to see a lot of unique things from both fighters, and tons of symbolism built into the fight. Of course, the conclusion was dramatic as well, with Sasuke hanging over the beaten and unconscious Naruto.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 05:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Assuming fight scenes can apply to manga as well....?

Almost every single fight in Vagabond. With the exception of minor fights, this manga takes the cake. With amazing visual style and great anatomy, it's a hard to beat manga.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 11:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by False Lie View Post
    Assuming fight scenes can apply to manga as well....?

Almost every single fight in Vagabond. With the exception of minor fights, this manga takes the cake. With amazing visual style and great anatomy, it's a hard to beat manga.
    The fights against the sicle-and-chain guy and the 70 warriors stand out particularly. The later was a very thrilling read.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Senior Member TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper has a reputation beyond repute TheSplundPopper's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2011 04:50 PM
    Threads

I liked the fight at the beginning of Basilisk between Shougen and Yashamaru. It was a shame Shougen was killed so early in the series, his ability to spit webs was cool.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

^^Still working on list, not every anime I has seen has been added yet.

"Why should people trust me? They don't have any reason to, yet. Distrust is human nature. Distrust creates doubt and doubt causes people to miss judge the intention of others. But people can change, can't they?"

Senior Member tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2009 07:18 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post
    While Naruto is a pretty average series all-around, the one thing it has managed to do well is fight scenes. Three of which are very notable.

1. Rock Lee v. Gaara (Chuunin Exam Preliminaries) Not only one of the best fights in feudal series, but I'd go so far as to say (and have frequently seen other people make mention of this) it's one of the better fights in anime/manga as a whole. The choreography and direction of it was just perfect. Lots of quality animation, and very fast-paced, while keep the trump-card-factor fairly played down.

2. Naruto v. Sasuke (Hospital) This was both a release of tension for the series, and a real mounting of tension for the second half of the first story arc. It was fairly straight-forward, two rivals of different moral backgrounds going head-to-head, with the ever-emotional Sakura looking on. I think the outcome was perhaps most important, in regards to both the abilities and strengths of their attacks (as seen on the water fountains), but as well as the conflict it brought to Sasuke.

3. Naruto v. Sasuke (Valley of the End) In terms of scale, this is undoubtedly the largest fight in the series, and I don't think have have seen anything quite on-par with it sense. This was really the burst of the tension bubble that had been slowly building since the original Villiage Hidden in the Mist arc. It also featured some very good panels and action flow (manga), and top-notch animation in the anime. We got to see a lot of unique things from both fighters, and tons of symbolism built into the fight. Of course, the conclusion was dramatic as well, with Sasuke hanging over the beaten and unconscious Naruto.

This is bang on - naruto was defo. pretty average as a series, but these were nice fights. I also liked the one with hinata and her brother/cousin, with 'gentle fist' fighting. And then kenshin one is pretty good. Though I think for kenshin, his fights against shinomori aoshi are pretty nicely done too.

Can I fly the flag for pretty much every fight in samurai champloo - i suggest watching them. They are never overblown, but are sumptuously animated. The fight of the 2 male leads in the 1st episodes says it all, and pretty loudly too.
    On that day, all female personelle under my command will be required to wear... Tiny Miniskirts!!!

Junior Member crowheart is a jewel in the rough crowheart is a jewel in the rough crowheart is a jewel in the rough crowheart's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2010 01:44 AM
    Threads

The final fight in sword of the stranger is one of the best fights I've seen in any movie.

I have to vote for that one
    Beyond the reach of human range

A drop of hell, a touch of strange

-Stephen King: The Dark Tower I-The Gunslinger

Junior Member t0k3p3nguin has a reputation beyond repute t0k3p3nguin has a reputation beyond repute t0k3p3nguin has a reputation beyond repute t0k3p3nguin has a reputation beyond repute t0k3p3nguin has a reputation beyond repute t0k3p3nguin has a reputation beyond repute t0k3p3nguin has a reputation beyond repute t0k3p3nguin has a reputation beyond repute t0k3p3nguin has a reputation beyond repute t0k3p3nguin has a reputation beyond repute t0k3p3nguin has a reputation beyond repute t0k3p3nguin's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-11-2009 12:07 PM
    Threads

I love the fight scenes in utawarerumono because they are more fluid instead of just hack/slash pics and blood spurting everywhere.
    +

check out touka's swordplay in this 1

"I flippin' hate it when reality out-weirds me."

Out to save turtles Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Portal Companion Cube Moon Crystal Locket Dice D20
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2011 09:14 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BibiTurtle Steam ID: BibiTurtle Wii Code: 6510-3075-8319-6972

Quote Originally Posted by tsujigiri15 View Post
    Can I fly the flag for pretty much every fight in samurai champloo - i suggest watching them. They are never overblown, but are sumptuously animated. The fight of the 2 male leads in the 1st episodes says it all, and pretty loudly too.
    Yeah, same here for me. I think the final battle in this series was just amazing and so nicely animated. Does Afro Samurai fall into the Feudal Era category? If so, then there is a really nice battle between Afro and the weird teddy bear warrior. Also, the battle of #1 and Afro is good.

Thanks for the sig Xey Oiz ^.^

Cowboy Psychologist Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2013 01:07 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by t0k3p3nguin View Post
    I love the fight scenes in utawarerumono because they are more fluid instead of just hack/slash pics and blood spurting everywhere.
    Thanks for introducing me to a neat new show.

Bad Memory

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 05:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotten Show View Post
    Thanks for introducing me to a neat new show.

Bad Memory
    The show sounds great until you realize it's based off of an eroge. Once you realize it, it makes the show make so much sense. Like why are so many elf girls fawning over a guy that doesn't even know who he is?

Cowboy Psychologist Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2013 01:07 AM
    Threads

Meh. Wiki mentioned it but it doesn't mean much to me and doesn't change my opinion of the show as of Ep 7. Except for the odd interpersonal quirks, it's not a bad story in my eyes, and I'm picky as hell with any show I watch.

Bad Memory

Closed Thread

Thread Information