AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Why is Bleach called "Bleach"?

Cold-Blooded IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2011 10:46 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs up Why is Bleach called "Bleach"?

So... Have you ever wondered why Bleach is called "Bleach"? I have. So please write what you think
    It is stupid to be afraid to die, but the most stupid thing is to be afraid to live.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-31-2013 08:59 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

It's not that much of a mystery...

Bleach is called "Bleach" because that is what Ichigo acts as. He's is the good guy (the "white knight" if you will), and he removes the bad guys (stains) from the world.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Thriller Eve Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-19-2010 08:43 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post

Bleach is called "Bleach" because that is what Ichigo acts as. He's is the good guy (the "white knight" if you will), and he removes the bad guys (stains) from the world.
    hmm really? i had been wondering this 4 quite sometime. thanks

Senior Member Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya's Avatar
    Gil
    Depressed
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu Bleach Ichigo Mask 006 - Charizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-26-2012 01:11 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MauPerU

there are a bunch of theories:

Tite Kubo himself ( the creator of bleach ) gave two reasons to calling it that. One was a symbolic reason. As the soulreapers cleanse souls, it's like they are "bleaching" their souls. Like how bleaching in a clothes sense means to remove stains and blemishes, the shinigami remove sin and corruption from the souls. The other reason he gave is because "Bleach" was the name of his favorite Nirvana (thats right, kurt kobain nirvana) album.

Kaien's soul was bleached by Rukia's zanpaktou to be reborn as Ichigo.

Rukia's clothes were bleached from black to white when Ichigo stole her power.

Bleach can mean both Ichigo's bleached hair as well as the shinigami's job of "bleaching" the sins of the Hollows and sending them to Soul Society.

yahoo answers

Answer from Tite Kubo himself from the Nov 2008 issue of Shonen Jump, page 19, top of the page: after scrapping the original title since it no longer fit with the story line, he thought about calling it black but thought it was boring, white on the other hand can suggest black as a complementary color. so he chose Bleach to evoke the impression of the color white.
    The anime Bleach is called Bleach, because when you bleach black hair, it has been said that it turns orange instead of blond(e).

wiki answers

1) His Hair

2) Some theorize that Tite Kubo is a huge Nirvana fan...hence the name Bleach (I believe one of their albums was called Bleach in the past)
    This isn't just a guess. Kubo Tite said in an interview that he is a Nirvana fan.

I think there was another possibility but I'm not sure.
    Other theories...

3) Kaien's soul was bleached by Rukia's zanpaktou to be reborn as Ichigo.

4) Rukia's clothes were bleached from black to white when Ichigo stole her power.

Then there is my favorite theory:

5) All of the above. He just took the name of the album, turned it into a theme and ran with it because he liked the word.

animesuki forum

Member xxshifterxx has a spectacular aura about xxshifterxx has a spectacular aura about xxshifterxx's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-28-2009 08:15 PM
    Threads

I agree with seiya XD

Three Nil Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama has a reputation beyond repute Aizen-sama's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Bleach Ichigo Mask Soras Keyblade Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2011 04:38 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

thanks seiya for that research (bows)

"Dark light come shine in her lost heart tonight
    And blind all fears that haunt her with your smile
    Dark light"-HIM

Senior Member Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-13-2010 12:38 AM
    Threads

Wow, haha, I had always wondered this as well. Thanks for that! I think the theory that makes most sense is the one about the soul reapers bleaching or cleansing the souls of the hollows. But, the other theories could equally be correct too so... Who knows?
    Last.FM!
    Hit me up with a F/R!

Perverted Kitty of Doom lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2013 01:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

i have wondered that too . it makes a lot of sense as to what Gjallarhorn said

i mean it is pretty funny XD
    Last edited by lilminx; 08-25-2009 at 11:12 PM.
    you can't call me weird, cause im unique ^_^
    btw if youre going to admire me, please tell me who you are, gracias

siggy by teddy thankies ^^

**UPDATE** NEW DRAWINGS
    * * * A R T ~ W O R K * * *
    My sweet sweet family is located in my blog
    if you want to be a part of our family, pm me

Live Fast, Die Young Slayerfan has a brilliant future Slayerfan has a brilliant future Slayerfan has a brilliant future Slayerfan has a brilliant future Slayerfan has a brilliant future Slayerfan has a brilliant future Slayerfan has a brilliant future Slayerfan has a brilliant future Slayerfan has a brilliant future Slayerfan has a brilliant future Slayerfan has a brilliant future Slayerfan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-28-2009 02:59 PM
    Threads

Beeh Sevunteehn Baumer!
    Together we must work independantly. And the people as a whole shall benefit from it's prosperity.

Senior Member Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu Ceiling Cat Albatross
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2013 02:58 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I don't really care since the show is just too awesome anyway.
    I agree with seiya as well.

Ellxeeva's Minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Luna Cake Lie Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-15-2014 11:22 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1596-5790-7816-3407

Hair actually turns orange if you bleach it? So in a sense everyone can become like carrot top then. *shudders*

And I just assumed it was called bleach because of the cleansing of souls but its nice to hear that its actually THE reason.

Junior Member kubass is on a distinguished road kubass's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-04-2009 04:12 PM
    Threads

I thinks it is called bleach because Ichigo bleached his hair

"My wealth and treasures? If you want it, I'll let you have it...search for it! I left all of it at that place."
    Gol D. Roger

Fishes Swim In Zig-Zags Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-14-2011 09:38 PM
    Threads

How I see it is that bleach is use to remove stains, and the show adapts the name so it won't stain their reputation when they released all those darn fillers.
    +If Life gives you lemons, you squirt it in people's eyes+

la vie est exciter ainsi juste
    ほんとに好きです。CC Lemon 。わたしすきanimeです
    ぜんぶelseひみつです

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Gifts Be Mine Flowers Fan2 175 - Togepi
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2014 02:42 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KagomeHime PSN ID: KagomeMiko

Quote Originally Posted by SigmaSD View Post
    Hair actually turns orange if you bleach it? So in a sense everyone can become like carrot top then. *shudders*

And I just assumed it was called bleach because of the cleansing of souls but its nice to hear that its actually THE reason.
    No, not everyone's turns orange if you bleach it. Just dark haired people, but it really depends on *how* much you bleach it. Many Japanese walk around with blonde hair because they bleached it that much. Never mind orange.

However-to remain on topic...Bleach was called Bleach basically because of Ichigo's "bleached" hair look.

BUT if you *really* wanna know why...Ask the master mind behind the original story Tite Kubo. Or-just hunt down interviews with him. He prolly spills the reason to reporters.
    Last edited by Kagome; 08-31-2009 at 08:11 PM.
    How'd You Like That On Your Lawn?!
    "I may be empty, but I'm not worthless!"

...Clear...

Senior Member +Namiko+ has a reputation beyond repute +Namiko+ has a reputation beyond repute +Namiko+ has a reputation beyond repute +Namiko+ has a reputation beyond repute +Namiko+ has a reputation beyond repute +Namiko+ has a reputation beyond repute +Namiko+ has a reputation beyond repute +Namiko+ has a reputation beyond repute +Namiko+ has a reputation beyond repute +Namiko+ has a reputation beyond repute +Namiko+ has a reputation beyond repute +Namiko+'s Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-07-2011 08:02 AM
    Threads

My personal Theory.

Bleach is a "Cleanser" and one of the main points of a Soul Reaper's job is to "Cleanse" Hollows. Bleach also make thinks white. White is "Pure", again another "cleansing" reference. Thats just what I came up with.

Fatal Frame II

Because Friendship is MAGIC!

Junior Member Vashstamptime is a glorious beacon of light Vashstamptime is a glorious beacon of light Vashstamptime is a glorious beacon of light Vashstamptime is a glorious beacon of light Vashstamptime is a glorious beacon of light Vashstamptime's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-23-2009 02:44 PM
    Threads

It's actually called Bleach because there will be a character called Bleach who is just so awesome, the series is named after him.

Blood Eyed Cat Red!Eyed- is a glorious beacon of light Red!Eyed- is a glorious beacon of light Red!Eyed- is a glorious beacon of light Red!Eyed- is a glorious beacon of light Red!Eyed- is a glorious beacon of light Red!Eyed- is a glorious beacon of light Red!Eyed-'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-21-2009 06:34 PM
    Threads

Default .....wow

Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post

i don't know why but when i read your post i kept laughing for almost 5 min

Closed Thread

Thread Information