AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Gundam Pilot to Date

Junior Member LordZacron is on a distinguished road LordZacron's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-01-2009 01:59 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs down Best Gundam Pilot to Date

I love this topic because it BEGS to be discussed. Every Gundam fan has their favorite. I came across this forum while just surfing the net while I was bored and I wondered what everyone's take was. Let me start off.

I personally think that Heero Yuy was THE BEST Gundam pilot. I give Amuro Ray credit because he was pretty badass himself, but he was a Newtype. Kira Yamito is another common candidate, but he was a coordinator. Newtypes, granted, are considered natural evolution so I think that it really can't be held AGAINST Amuro, but still it is an advantage. Coordinators on the other hand are artificial, so I think Kira is out of the running. Another two good candidates are Kamille Bidan, and Setsuna F. Seiei.

Let's talk comparative skills now, I'll build the case for Heero and then against the others. Heero has no natural advantage over other human, save training. We know that from a very young age he was tranined for his mission, we also know that this is why the Lightning Count, a lifer, could keep up with him. However, Heero was only 14. So he still has time to grow and hone his already impressive skills, the fact that in 14 years he can hold his ground against a man who has been piloting mobile suits since their inception is staggering.

Heero was also able to harness the ZERO system. This takes mental focus and willpower. He was able to repair his Wing Gundam in one night using parts from the Deathscythe, again, not an easy feat. Then the following day, he flys off into a battle with NO sleep. His prowess was not only in the piloting of a Gundam. He fought in a Leo against the Virgo Moblie Dolls and for quite a while held his own. Then, this time in a Space Leo, fought against the Altron and again held his own. Both suits were standard suits he stole.

Amuro Ray was without a doubt one of the best Gundam pilots ever, however, he was evolved. He also was the son of the designer of the Gundam. I fimly believe, although the anime never states this, that he had some knoweldge of the inner machinations of the Gundam prior to using it. That's why he was able to do what he did right out of the gate, again this is speculation. His early career was standard. He was an ace, but yet still the unevolved Char was able to best him time and again. Plus he was a hot head. He would break protocol time and again. Heero was a machine. Goal. Accomplish. Goal. Accomplish. No room for error, no room for mistakes.

Kamille was a girl, and I'll leave it at that. If you pick this guy....I'll be speechless...

Kira Yamito was the "Perfect Coordinator." He was as perfect as mankind could have made him. Although not his fault, this is an unfair advantage. Even with this bonus, and with his "seedbursts" I think that Kira in the Strike Freedom, fails again Heero Yuy in the Wing ZERO. While Kira was focused on not killing, Heero was focused on the bigger picture, stopping the whole war by any means necessary. Kill or be killed.

Setsuna F. Seiei is the only other contender in my mind to Heero. Natural birth but he evolved. But even before innovating, he showed skills. In the Exia he performed some pretty nice feats of amazment. I still think tho' since he was traumatized from his youth with the whole idea of war, that Heero who was able to have his demons but get the job done anyways was a better pilot.

There you have it, I've built my case and spelled it out for you. Let's have it out. Keep it respectful please and remember that we're just debating for the lulz.

Senior Member J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2012 12:34 PM
    Threads

I love this topic too simply because you can make a case for anyone(even Bernie Wiseman to an extent )

I myself have only watched Wing, 0080, 08th MS Team and I'm currently watching 0083 so my knowledge is limited. However, I'll make a case for two pilots.

Trowa Barton definitely has to rank up there for me. Wufei is my favorite pilot in Wing but I think the Trowa is best of the bunch. Heero mastered the Zero System but only after piloting suits with the system several times. Trowa on the other hand, piloted Wing Zero only once while suffering from amnesia. I'm sure had he piloted Wing Zero or Epyon as much as Heero, he would've mastered the system.

Now, as far as facts go, Trowa actually piloted more suits than anyone else in the series and that in itself is worth something. He was just as effective piloting powerful suits such as Heavyarms, Vayeate and Serpent as he was piloting Tauruses and Leos. He specialized in simply overpowering his opponents with bullets but he was also capable of melee attacks.

Another pilot that has to rank very high is Norris Packard. What he did towards the end 08th MS Team was incredible. Shiro, Terry and Karen were good pilots and I'm sure he would've killed all of them had he not been completely focused on the mission and found out that Shiro was Aina's love interest.
    Last edited by J Gundam; 08-22-2009 at 11:57 AM.

Junior Member Dreydor is just really nice Dreydor is just really nice Dreydor is just really nice Dreydor is just really nice Dreydor's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2009 11:04 PM
    Threads

1. I did not read all that was posted, but im definately going to reply to this topic, lolz

2. I think the best gunddam pilot evveeeer is domon kasshu. He is strong ( he's one of the shuffle alliance) and besides being an amazing pilot hes also a very good hand-to-hand fighter. Ive always loved his awesomness

Senior Member Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya's Avatar
    Gil
    Depressed
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu Bleach Ichigo Mask 006 - Charizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-26-2012 01:11 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MauPerU

Quote Originally Posted by Dreydor View Post
    1. I did not read all that was posted, but im definately going to reply to this topic, lolz

2. I think the best gunddam pilot evveeeer is domon kasshu. He is strong ( he's one of the shuffle alliance) and besides being an amazing pilot hes also a very good hand-to-hand fighter. Ive always loved his awesomness
    lol i agree, if you turned goku into a gundam pilot, the result would be domon and his god gundam XD

Junior Member Dreydor is just really nice Dreydor is just really nice Dreydor is just really nice Dreydor is just really nice Dreydor's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2009 11:04 PM
    Threads

thank you saint seiya, that was exactly my point, lol

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ok, Domon? That wasn't even a REAL Gundam show... Lol

Senior Member J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Exclusive UC fans will say he's just a knock off of Char, but Zechs Merquise has to be in the conversation too.

Like Heero, Zechs doesn't have an advantage over anyone except experience. The fact that he was a Special at 19 and graduated at the top of his class, shows how superior he was to the majority of pilots in AC. He piloted three of the most physically and psychologically taxing suits in the series and mastered them all. On top of that, he held his own against Heero(who was piloting 01) in a standard Leo while in reentry.

Zechs was over-matched in the majority of his battles and still came out the victor. He was able to handle Duo, Wufei, Quatre and Trowa whiles sumultaenously controlling Mobile Dolls.

All of his duels with Heero were interrupted in some way but the one duel that went on the longest ended with Zechs hammering his beam saber across Heero's suit's torso several times.

If wars had continued, Heero would've probably surpassed Zechs eventually but to me, when EW ended, Zechs was the better pilot.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You know something, sometimes we focus so much on the protagonists that we sometimes forget the so-called "bad guys." Yes, Zechs should be considered. He was pretty BA for the entirety of the show, let's not even forget our excitement when we first saw him become Agent Wind for the Fire Fighters in Endless Waltz. I think he could very well be the best challenger, he handled the Tallgeese against all five gundams very well. Forget Epyon, in the simple Neo-Titanium Tallgeese, he fought the gundams multiple times and survived. How many people can claim that?

P.s. He still lost to Heero.

Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by LordZacron View Post
    P.s. He still lost to Heero.
    When? Heero severed Epyon's arm in their final battle but other than that, all their duels came to a stand-still or were interrupted somehow.

Also, I think it would be impossible to really rank the top pilots in all the Gundam universes without people complaining but a tier list would definitely be interesting.

P.S. What do you think of Norris Packard?
    Last edited by J Gundam; 08-23-2009 at 09:23 PM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Norris Packard is the reason to this day I have a stiffy for the Gouf in all it's conceptions, be it the Gouf form MS Gundam, the Gouf from SEED Destiny, or his own Gouf Custom. I have an infatucation with that suit because of that man.

I would love to see Zechs vs. Heero, Epyon vs. Wing 0, in a no-holds-barred slug fest. Alas, we're to be denied that. I meen, duh, Heero would come out on top, but it would be a good fight.

Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Norris Packard is the reason to this day I have a stiffy for the Gouf in all it's conceptions, be it the Gouf form MS Gundam, the Gouf from SEED Destiny, or his own Gouf Custom. I have an infatucation with that suit because of that man.

I would love to see Zechs vs. Heero, Epyon vs. Wing 0, in a no-holds-barred slug fest. Alas, we're to be denied that. I meen, duh, Heero would come out on top, but it would be a good fight.
    LOL! Packard's Gouf Custom is pretty sweet. I feel the same away about the Kampfer from 0080, even though I don't really like the pilot. I just found this cool picture of the Gouf Custom:

As for Zechs and Heero, a "no-holds barred slug-fest" between the two would be great but I think Zechs would prevail. To me, Heero is the better soldier but Zechs is the better pilot.
    Last edited by J Gundam; 08-24-2009 at 10:49 AM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You're crazy man!! You're crazy!! I like you...but you're crazy... Lol

Wing 0 is just a better machine than Epyon.
    Heero is a better pilot than Zechs.

Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You're crazy man!! You're crazy!! I like you...but you're crazy... Lol

Wing 0 is just a better machine than Epyon.
    Heero is a better pilot than Zechs.
    LOL! I wish this board was more active so other people could chime in.

Whether Wing Zero is better than Epyon is debatable but look at the facts. Heero was trained to fight in Wing Gundam by Doctor J. Zechs on the other hand, had only piloted Leos and Aries before he piloted Tallgeese. The series showed he didn't even attempt a test-run before going into combat. However, it didn't take him too long to master the suit.

Also, Zechs mastered the Zero System in the same time Heero did even though Heero had been exposed to it longer.

I know I won't be able to sway your opinion but that's just another argument why Zechs is better.

P.S. I'm currently 7 episodes into 0083 and Anavel Gato is a great pilot too. I'll decide whether he could be considered as the best ever when I'm done.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I just finished Gundam SEED Destiny, I am ashamed to say that aside from Zeta, and 08th I have not watched many of the orginal shows... I have seen the original Gundam and some of Char's Couter, but not much else... Again, for shame...

Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I just finished Gundam SEED Destiny, I am ashamed to say that aside from Zeta, and 08th I have not watched many of the orginal shows... I have seen the original Gundam and some of Char's Couter, but not much else... Again, for shame...
    LOL! I'm on personal mission to watch almost all the original shows right now. I've watched Wing(obviously), 08th MS Team, 0080, and I'm currently watching 0083. I want to then watch the original, Zeta, ZZ,, F91 and Char's Counterattack.

Part of the reason I'm going to watch all those shows is just to know more about more about Gundam as a whole but it's also to determine why so many people consider Wing a weak series. After watching a few mini-series, I definitely look at Wing a bit differently but it's still my favorite series.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Amen brother amen

Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

What do you think of this tier list I made for Gundam Wing:

Tier 1

Heero Yuy, Zechs Merquise, Trowa Barton

Tier 2
    Chang Wufei, Treize Khushrenada

Tier 3
    Duo Maxwell, Quatre Raberba Winner, Trant Clark

Tier 4
    Lucrezia Noin, Alex, Muller

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by J Gundam View Post
    What do you think of this tier list I made for Gundam Wing:

Tier 1

Heero Yuy, Zechs Merquise, Trowa Barton

Tier 2
    Chang Wufei, Treize Khushrenada

Tier 3
    Duo Maxwell, Quatre Raberba Winner, Trant Clark

Tier 4
    Lucrezia Noin, Alex, Muller
    I think that YOU think too highly of Trowa, bump his *** down to Tier 2. He couldn't deal with Zech and Heero. I know of his skill, he is good, just not that good.

Senior Member Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Decepticons Eva NERV Aquarius
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-26-2012 10:45 AM
    Pinole, California, United States, 107905739230377, Pinole, California
    Threads

I'll say Heero is the best as well. Taking over from LordZarcon, WITHOUT enhancements, Kira, Amuro, and other Newtypes/Coordinators would be just another teenager.

Let's start with Kira. Do you recall his fight with Shinn/ Freedom VS Impulse. Say he's fighting Heero Yuy instead of Shinn. Sword Impulse's sword pierced near the cockpit of Freedom before it blew up. If that was Heero, he would've shot Freedom AFTER stabbing him with a beam saber. That's just for starters. My point is, Shinn's ultimate mistake was not finishing off Kira. Heero, however, will NOT make the same mistake. "Omayo, Korosu!!!" He says that a lot cause he really means it. Remember, it's not what the suit can do, but the Pilot.

Also props for including Norris Packard. He's a pilot of a Modified Gouf, much like Miguel with His Custom Ginn.

Aside from protagonists, which Masked man Pilot do you think is the best? I have my money on Char Aznable. Actually, here's my list:

1.Char Aznable
    2.Zechs Marquise/Milliardo Peacecraft
    3.Ra La Creuset
    4.Schwartz Bruder. XP
    5.I'm in the niddle between Iron Mask and Neo Roanoke

Last edited by Heer0Yuy; 09-01-2009 at 08:06 AM.

Senior Member Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ohh. And for my series experience, I've finished, MS Gundam Wing, EW, Seed, Seed Destiny, G Gundam, and 0080. I have played SRW Alpha 3, GGenerations Spirits, Ms Saga, Gundam DX, Gundam Vs Zeta Gundam, ACE 3 the final, SRW Scrambled Commander, Gundam Vs Gundam, Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED (Both PS2 and Portable), Rengou Vs Zaft II Plus, Zeonic Front, Gundam Battle Assault 2, Gundam Battle Assault SEED, and more. I have my fair share of some storylines, though I haven't watched them.

______
    "I'll kill Zechs. That's my way of showing thanks."-Heero Yuy

Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I think that YOU think too highly of Trowa, bump his *** down to Tier 2. He couldn't deal with Zech and Heero. I know of his skill, he is good, just not that good.
    I don't think too highly of Trowa. He isn't even one of my favorite pilots. I simply believe with his combat experience(more than Heero's) and overall skills, he's on par with Heero.

I understand you're a Heero fan but there's no guarantee he wouldn't have made mistakes or is better than other pilots.

Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Also, I just finished 0083 and Anavel Gato definitely has to be in the discussion for greatest ever. It's too bad we couldn't see how he got the nickname "Nightmare of Solomon" but he definitely showed his skills during 0083. He stole the GP02 and eluded being captured before escaping to space. Even though he never killed Kou in the many times they clashed, he was the superior pilot. Like Norris Packard, he was unstoppable towards the end of the series and fought hard to the bitter end.

Not only was he dominant in the GP02, he piloted the Neue Ziel with equal skill.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Didn't he equipped the stolen GP02 with a nuclear warhead? In Gundam vs. Gundam, he only has 3 weapons: Vulcan Cannons(Mounted on head), charging beam saber, and of course, the nuclear bomb. With only these weapons, he destroy many suits. He is right to be a top pilot for being able to do that. I read Newtype(hail Newtype) Magazine, and it says that he "annihilated a whole Federation fleet with one mobile suit with the warhead..."

But what say you about Ra La Creuset? To many people, he is one of the crazier Masked Man. To me, he's more than that. He may not have the combat skills of the Red Comet Char, or the Lightning Count Zechs, but he is still formidable. I wonder why he isn't in the top 30 Male Pilots of Gundam? His mobile suit Providence was 30th though...

Noteworthy also is Sven Cal Bayang of STARGAZER. Him and his Strike Noir is a perfect chemistry between Man and Mobile Suit. Kinda reminds me of Heero in a way.

_____
    "I'll kill Zechs. That's my way of saying thanks." -Heero Yuy
    Last edited by Heer0Yuy; 09-04-2009 at 11:01 AM.

Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Heer0Yuy View Post
    Didn't he equipped the stolen GP02 with a nuclear warhead? In Gundam vs. Gundam, he only has 3 weapons: Vulcan Cannons(Mounted on head), charging beam saber, and of course, the nuclear bomb. With only these weapons, he destroy many suits. He is right to be a top pilot for being able to do that. I read Newtype(hail Newtype) Magazine, and it says that he "annihilated a whole Federation fleet with one mobile suit with the warhead..."

But what say you about Ra La Creuset? To many people, he is one of the crazier Masked Man. To me, he's more than that. He may not have the combat skills of the Red Comet Char, or the Lightning Count Zechs, but he is still formidable. I wonder why he isn't in the top 30 Male Pilots of Gundam? His mobile suit Providence was 30th though...

_____
    "I'll kill Zechs. That's my way of saying thanks." -Heero Yuy
    GP02 had already been equipped with the nuclear missile before Gato stole it. Regardless, Gato is the man.

As for Rau Le Cresuset, I know nothing about him and I really don't intend to watch SEED.

Junior Member danielsakae is on a distinguished road danielsakae's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-21-2009 08:06 PM
    Threads

Default I Beg to Differ...

Hello all,
    Although I am a newbie to this forum, I've been into Gundam since I was 10. (14 years) I've seen and or own the following: Mobile Suit Gundam, Gundam 0080, 0083, Char's Counter Attack, 08th MS team, F91, Z Gundam, some of ZZ gundam (horrible anime, had to stop watching) Victory Gundam (best series yet) G Gundam, Gundam Wing, some of Seed, and a little of Gundam 00. Also most of Igloo and Gundam Evolve, but those don't really count

I did not see any votes for Uso Evin from Victory Gundam. He is in fact, the youngest Gundam pilot in Gundam history at 13 years old. Did I mention he's a total bada$$?

He's only 13 yet he manages to beat the living crap out of veteran pilots...WITH THEIR OWN SUITS at times. He's not even a real pilot. He's a farmboy who gets thrown into the fighting and he's a prodigy.

Sorry Heero fanboys...I think Uso takes the cake in my book. Plus, no offense, It's a MUCH better series. And just because I like UC better than later series, Char, Anavel Gato and definitely Norris Packard tie in a close second.

If you haven't seen Victory Gundam yet...DOWNLOAD IT. It's amazing. It's got a great story and it's not EMO like most of the series after UC. Hate me if you will, I mean no offense, but most of the gundam series after Universal Century just seem geared toward little tykes...
    Last edited by danielsakae; 09-09-2009 at 11:28 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information