AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Valkyria Chronicles

Thunderbringer! RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Cake
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2017 12:40 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Valkyria Chronicles

I've been watching this show while playing the game, since the timelines mostly line up. whenever i'd finish a major battle or plot point i'd jump over to the anime and watch up to that point.

but lately i'm more hooked on the show! the most frustrating thing about VC is the horrendously G-rated scrpit. paper thin character relationships and absolutely annoying english voice acting (i play the game with the japanese voices because of this). The japanese cast takes the subject matter seriously, and it shows.

but it still doesnt make up for the boring story telling. The anime really makes up for this, by altering certain character traits and relationships, they weave a much more compelling story. I'm much more concerned about the relationship between anime welkin and anime alicia, than i am about the mannequins in the game. Its not just VC, but the vast majority of JRPGs to come out since the ps2 era. Suddenly every script became a vanilla, inoffensive trudge through mediocrity. Its the interpersonal conflicts that the anime presents, that breathes true life into the characters.

so i'm gonna stop ranting but here's my point: this show is fantastic! dont let franchise associations turn you away, this is a very well done show and in my opinion it is well worth the time. now if only movie adaptations of games could be this good....and game adaptations of movies haha
    Thanks to Wolley for the sexay siggeh! Good work, Wollz!
    On a mountain top
    Bearded RaShay slays demon
    Rocks out on guitar

Junior Member Soldat Schürzenjaeger has a spectacular aura about Soldat Schürzenjaeger has a spectacular aura about Soldat Schürzenjaeger's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-22-2009 02:41 PM
    Threads

How are the battles portrayed in the anime?
    Are they the focus point or just a small part of the big picture?

This would be the most important factor about the show to me.
    I thoroughly enjoyed the game, but(truth be told) I wasn't very interested in the characters' relationships or personal problems.
    I'm a World War Two enthusiast, and this was the perfect blend of fantasy and well... an alternate World War Two setting.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thunderbringer! RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Cake
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2017 12:40 PM
    Threads

it varies depending on the signifigance of the battle. generally a major battle will take up the majority of an episode, but you'll have an episode or two before or after where they'll show a few small skirmishes and mostly character development
    Thanks to Wolley for the sexay siggeh! Good work, Wollz!
    On a mountain top
    Bearded RaShay slays demon
    Rocks out on guitar

Closed Thread

Thread Information