AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: TGC 'art' Thread Revived (told ya before and telling you again, PLS READ)

The Man With No Signature The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-12-2010 10:09 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default TGC 'art' Thread Revived (told ya before and telling you again, PLS READ)

Ok first one died out 'coz of being idle for too long... Ok here i go again. First and foremost i'm gonna re-upload everything previously uploaded (most of them really old (as in 10 years) and unfinished) on my first thread and then we'll go on to the more recent ones eh? Let's start....

A barely old one first: TMWKNTMIKU...

--------------------

TMWKNTMIKU (The More We Kill Nature, The More It Kills Us)

"Stasis - a period or a state of inactivity". Such is the fate of good old 'The More We Kill Nature...' here, an artwork symbolic of the impending doom that our race and environment is facing. This is an illustration i made back in early 2007 depicting a gruesome image of death, devastation, and corruption. Somewhere along the way, this particular artwork ended up on the stasis chamber... unfinished.

As familiar as it looks, this illustration is a sequel to an ancient work of mine - Enviro Affinity. It features the same characters, the treant and the female elf, now depicted in a terribly corrupted state. While Enviro Affinity evokes a pleasant image of harmony between humanity (as represented by the elven lady) and nature (represented by the treant), The More We Kill nature delivers a darker message. The depiction of death in this illustration does not only tell us about the death of a single being, but the death of a whole race, of nature, of an ideal, and of the planet itself.

Tons of details can hardly be seen in these photographs, but for a rundown about the visuals and the intended outcome of the artwork:

-the treant should occupy most of the space on the paper, he should look like a huge horror of swirling vines and briars with humanoid bodies tangled within.
    -the elf, now naked and hideous, should be drawn standing on the treant's hand.
    -a dead landscape for the background, with carrion birds flying around

Visualize it.

But then again, the background went unfinished...

Most of the parts (the whole treant part) of this unfinished artwork was done for about a week during 2007, the trees seen on the background was quickly done just a few months ago (February) on a bus ride to somewhere where i did charity. So yeah, stasis for 2 years.

Being drawn on fine paper, i had no choice but to frame this artwork since it was needed for a then-upcoming exhibit. Now that it's sealed in a frame, this particular artwork will remain in stasis forever.

The More We Kill Nature, The More It Kills Us is a graphite illustration drawn on a soft and thin paper surface.

NOTE: This image ain't a scan, the artwork doesn't fit on the standard scanner.

The Man With No Signature The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Here's the prequel to the previous one....

Enviro Affinity

---------
    To those of you who'd already seen or will soon see my "The more we kill nature..." drawing (the one i mentioned on a previous post) i have a little fact for you: It's a sequel to an earlier drawing that i made sooo long (9-10 years, i think) ago - Enviro Affinity. Drawn on my parchment papered sketchbook with only an everyday office/school pen, Enviro Affinity predates The More We Kill Nature by years.

Unlike the previous one which shows a gruesome image of nature and humanity's fall, EA conveys an image of harmony between nature and us. Here we see the same characters (the treant and the elven lady) in a less-corrupted state. This drawing is already in the possession of a good friend of mine.

Last edited by The Grey Crane; 08-20-2009 at 09:41 PM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Stasis: Little Blue

"Stasis - a period or a state of inactivity". Such is the fate of good old Little Blue here, an illustration i made a back in February depicting an exceptionally "little" blue dragon terrorizing an unfortunate human. Somewhere along the way, this particular artwork ended up on the stasis chamber... unfinished.

The "dragon terrorizing an unfortunate human" part might be quite vague enough for anyone who sees this artwork. As you can see there are a couple of trees and a little house just below the dragon, two weird parallel lines are also visible on the left and right, with one of the lines being overlapped by the dragon's head. With those features being said, the final image intended for Little Blue is:

-a rectangular margin contains most of the drawing
    -a small part of the dragon's head should seem to be coming out of the margin
    -a terrified human is running for his life should be drawn far outside the margin where the dragon's gaze is supposed to be pointed.

Visualize it.

Now, this dragon is obviously black & white (sepia'd it on iPhoto), why am i sayin' blue? For those not familiar with the "Todd Lockwood dragons" of third edition D&D, blue dragons are one of the five kinds of chromatic dragon species. Besides the blue color of their scales, blue dragons are very identifiable by a huge dual-pointed horn on their blunt heads. Some blue dragon identifiers seen in this illustration are their frilled ears and a scaly beard-like formation on the chin.

Though i rarely use images as reference, the urge to draw Little Blue was kick-started by another illustration in the book called Draconomicon.

'Tis a pen & ink/graphite illustration drawn on a bristol board.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

EVERYBODY, ADD ME UP ON dA! Finally created an account there.. I'm known as Soulful-Machinery there, you could track me down that way, or you could look for this artwork named 'Oriental Dragon: Bakunawa'....

Anyway

------------
    The Bakunawa is a draconic god of the underworld in Philippine legends and myths. A colossal serpent who lives deep within the ocean's abyssal regions, he would occasionally rise up to the heavens to swallow the seven moons. Such events would cause eclipses and would anger Bathala - the almighty creator.

To battle Bakunawa in his gluttonous rampage, the ancients would barrage him with noise made from pots, pans, and other mundane objects found in their homes. This would scare or irritate the dragon god thus making him regurgitate and spit the swallowed moons back into the sky.

---------------

I don't want my artworks to just look like something, i also want it to be able to say something. So, read on...

This piece of work represents the self and the fearing self. The moon represents the self while the larger and menacing Bakunawa represents the fearing self. Each person - even the bravest of daredevils - is tainted by own personal fears. At some point in our lives we become swallowed by our own fears, only to rise up and generate fear once again.

I could've easily presented the Bakunawa in a more beautiful full-bodied manner but to blend with the inner meaning of the artwork, i chose to make him huge instead, occupying more than half of the image. Fear has size, fear confuses, and fear obscures.

(a third meaning is known only by me and a special someone)

--------------

Making this one was fairly easy, not too much digital whatnots, and i never really bothered to make crisp details. Just in case you're curious 'bout the duration, i spent less than 5 hours in doing this one but it was split in 5 days, so maybe an hour a day. That's how i work, i don't do things in one sitting.

Got the space background by googling, whoever shot the photo or owns it, please inform me so i could credit you.

This was done with Painter and an Intuos3 tablet.

Comments and critiques are always welcome. Thank you.

EL SATANED sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Trollface Luna Vader
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2017 03:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

amazing stuff you have here... AMAZING!

Perverted Kitty of Doom lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2013 01:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

wow thats really great, a lot of details and very well done. almost seems real
    you can't call me weird, cause im unique ^_^
    btw if youre going to admire me, please tell me who you are, gracias

siggy by teddy thankies ^^

**UPDATE** NEW DRAWINGS
    * * * A R T ~ W O R K * * *
    My sweet sweet family is located in my blog
    if you want to be a part of our family, pm me

Senior Member Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts 311 - Plusle 133 - Eevee Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-31-2014 03:25 AM
    Threads

Wow, I have now become a fan of your work. :] Your very talented.

Junior Member blacksmiley is a glorious beacon of light blacksmiley is a glorious beacon of light blacksmiley is a glorious beacon of light blacksmiley is a glorious beacon of light blacksmiley is a glorious beacon of light blacksmiley's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2009 10:53 AM
    Threads

Wow, those are really good!

Closed Thread

Thread Information