AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: weird!

Junior Member rofl has a reputation beyond repute rofl has a reputation beyond repute rofl has a reputation beyond repute rofl has a reputation beyond repute rofl has a reputation beyond repute rofl has a reputation beyond repute rofl has a reputation beyond repute rofl has a reputation beyond repute rofl has a reputation beyond repute rofl has a reputation beyond repute rofl has a reputation beyond repute rofl's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2009 03:25 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default weird!

what is something you do or believe in that is weird in the sense that you know most people don't feel the same way?

i have an aversion to painted fingernails. for as long as i can remember, they have always creeped me out, especially the fire engine red ones. i don't know... they just don't seem sanitary to me!

there was an instance where my friend had invited me to eat dinner at her house back in middle school. i met her mom for the first time, who just happened to be cooking at the time of introduction. i immediately noticed her red painted nails, and i would never admit this to my friend, but it was the reason why i couldn't bring myself to eat the food in front of me that night. the thought of that food being touched by those red nails was just too much for me!

another time i was in a job interview and the person interviewing me was a woman who had these brightly painted golden nails. i almost wouldn't shake her hand because of it but didn't want to appear rude and thus lose the job. after the interview, i spent 10 minutes in the bathroom washing my hands.

don't tell me i'm weird, i know i am! lol

Senior Member Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-03-2009 10:28 PM
    Threads

I think it'd be safe to say that most of the world would find us weird for obsessing over 2 dimensional fictional characters. So... we're all weird for watching anime and reading manga.

Junior Member rofl has a reputation beyond repute rofl has a reputation beyond repute rofl has a reputation beyond repute rofl has a reputation beyond repute rofl has a reputation beyond repute rofl has a reputation beyond repute rofl has a reputation beyond repute rofl has a reputation beyond repute rofl has a reputation beyond repute rofl has a reputation beyond repute rofl has a reputation beyond repute rofl's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Gr1mmy View Post
    I think it'd be safe to say that most of the world would find us weird for obsessing over 2 dimensional fictional characters. So... we're all weird for watching anime and reading manga.
    the anime/manga communities are really big though. i think it's became mainstream to obsess over these things. in fact, you're outright calling all of japan weird.

Senior Member Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well, if you compare the few million to the few billion people we have in this world, I'd say the rest of the world wins that battle =3 (even though we have the giant robots)

Japan is actually quite an oddity. It's customs and behaviors are very different from most other places in the world. It's emphasis on formality and politeness is rather extreme. They have like 7 levels of sorry, with each level, the face gets closer to the ground. Back to your point. Although Japan was the creator of anime and manga, and have the largest community of otakus, the number of otakus still don't outnumber the rest of the nonotakus. All you can really point out is that Japan is the source of our weird.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

while the number of non-otakus greatly outweight their counterpart, wouldn't you agree it's no longer strange or out-of-the-norm to hear that someone watches anime or reads manga?

seth: what are you doing tonight?
    mclovin: watching re-runs of inuyasha
    seth: fuuunnnn

as opposed to what might have occured 10 years ago...

seth: what are you doing tonight?
    mclovin: watching re-runs of inuyasha
    seth: .... i don't think we can be friends anymore

certainly being an anime freak was an oddity at one point, but nowadays if you announce that you are one, you'd hardly raise any eyebrows.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

This is the otaku generation for a reason. Anime and manga popularity is growing in the west. I'd swear last year there were 3 people in the entire school that read manga on a daily basis including me. I asked some people to start reading and they were like, "Eh... I'm not really into it." This year, some of the same people said that they'd like some recommendations on what to read. Seriously???

However, even though it's now a more excepted behavior where we live, it isn't necessarily in other communities, other states, or other countries. Being weird is a matter of perspective and environment. It all depends on who you're surrounded by and who's observing.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

On AF, I'm weird for not giving a crap about Anime or Manga.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Senior Member Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Pink Ribbon Neko Tv Hello Kitty
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2013 07:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I am weird for being a girl who is really a guy who likes girlie things that guys are into.

Bring me back!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by edward10 View Post
    I'm looking for episodes that have hungry girls with growling stomachs
    I lol'd at this

つき *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 001 - Bulbasaur Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2021 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm not weird. -_-

I just don't like feet.

Cowboy Psychologist Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2013 12:07 AM
    Threads

I suppose it's weird for me to not like makeup on women?

Bad Memory

boopaloop! 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2011 12:53 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotten Show View Post
    You're not alone. When they're drowned in make-up, I always imagine the worst case scenario of what they would look like without it. Luckily, it subsides after a few drinks.

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotten Show
    Nah, that's not weird. I don't really like makeup on women either, unless it's done in a way that looks natural.

I don't even like wearing makeup myself. The most i'd wear is lightfoundation and lipgloss. I can't really stand it otherwise.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

Closed Thread

Thread Information