AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What do you love in dragonballz?

Kamehamehaaaaaaaaaa!!! Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Dragon Fan Flowers Fan2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2010 02:15 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default What do you love in dragonballz?

So my question is that what do you guys like in dbz?

Let's start with me, so I like the great action and the extraordinary overrated fights and obviously, dbz's plot and the main storyline introducing saiyans and supersaiyans fighting for the earth, and hey it's a great motivation to the viewers to toil and be nice.

Thriller Eve Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-19-2010 08:43 PM
    Threads

lol i was a much bigger fan when i was younger. i think its great except for the long talking/flashbacks during fights lol. they would be floating in the air talking for like 2 episodes, no bathroom breaks or nothin!

the first couple of movies definitely get the thumbs up!

Lol, message boards. Rex Cars has a reputation beyond repute Rex Cars has a reputation beyond repute Rex Cars has a reputation beyond repute Rex Cars has a reputation beyond repute Rex Cars has a reputation beyond repute Rex Cars has a reputation beyond repute Rex Cars has a reputation beyond repute Rex Cars has a reputation beyond repute Rex Cars has a reputation beyond repute Rex Cars has a reputation beyond repute Rex Cars has a reputation beyond repute Rex Cars's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-31-2014 08:11 AM
    Threads

Dragonball Z is great, and Dragonball Kai is fixing that lil' filler problem.

It's great because it contains all the elements that make an action show watchable. Likable characters, with much more depth than people give them credit for.

A perfect fusion of elements, wouldn't you say? Epic plot with epic music, yet driven completely by characters who strive to fit in and not be ''epic'' whatsoever. As real people, it gives us passage into something we can identify with on a fundamental level. These reasons, undoubtedly, are what have made Dragonball such an iconic anime. Even as people accuse it of being so one-dimensional, the reality of it transcends that word in spades.

What do Star Wars, The Lion King, Lord of the Rings, and Dragonball all have in common? The lines between good and evil are drawn and clearly defined. The motivations of our main characters are self-evident, on a very basic level. Yet all of these titles are some of the most successful pieces of work in our history. People want something they can relate to, and Dragonball delivers. One-dimensional? Yeah, right. When you have hordes of cosplayers riding the Dragonball zeitgeist train, if you will, one-dimensional and mediocre would be the last words I'd choose to describe Dragonball.

Shame a live movie could never live up to the expectations.

Senior Member Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Eternal Moon Article Mercury Star Wand Top Tuxedo Mask Rose
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Hmm. Although I don't consider myself a Dragonball fan in general, i'd have to say that based on what i've watched, I like some of the opening music. Namely DBZ and GT (I haven't seen all of the original series.)

They overdo most of the battles though. But I guess that's what happens when you're over 9000.
    Last edited by Miss Electric Moonlight; 08-13-2009 at 01:50 AM.
    a pile of good things and bad things | moonpixels | 月の光は愛のメッセージ

Senior Member .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts A Duck 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-24-2014 10:07 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

surely when we get to GT

powerlevels must be way into the billions D:

damn those scouters need to be updated

Lex Luger R.I.P
    Sexy Logo By Me R A R E R E N D E R Tutorial requests and PSD Requests open Tag Thread

Kamehamehaaaaaaaaaa!!! Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

hmmhmm.............*nods to the others*, wow we've got lovely answers. I mean dragonballz is a masterpiece, and we can't have any doubts about the fact so when we are asked, why we like it, we all will have different answers looking upon different perspectives but I think we'll agree to the fact that what strikes towards the series is it's action and the plot it is based upon, easily understood, just too relishing and very recreating in a postive way with a positive spirit. I mean, we all are drawn towards the good versus evil concept but there are different storyline and genres, some may have too much of drama, some may be obsessed with the humor, but dbz has it all, a series jam-packed with thrilling action, new turns in the storyline and you would have to say that it has an incredulous plot.
    Last edited by Stripes; 08-13-2009 at 06:04 AM. Reason: some spelling mistakes.

Thriller Eve Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius has a reputation beyond repute Serpentarius's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

i forgot about dragonball kai. i'm gonna check that out someday

Cold-Blooded IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2011 10:46 AM
    Threads

I can't consider myself a fan of Dragonball Z, but I watched it when I was younger. Since it's me... I of course liked so called Bishounens . Ssj 3 is the best
    It is stupid to be afraid to die, but the most stupid thing is to be afraid to live.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

whats bishounen? is that basically shonen?

Senior Member .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts A Duck 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-24-2014 10:07 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

fix your scouter son D:

Lex Luger R.I.P
    Sexy Logo By Me R A R E R E N D E R Tutorial requests and PSD Requests open Tag Thread

Yoko Littner Fan Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Where
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2014 06:23 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I liked super saiyans 1 and 2, but 3 didn't have the magic. I liked the Kamehameha attack, and I liked the whole concept of powerlevels.

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

True Wio, I totally agree with you, Goku when transforms to ssj3, he looks cool if you look from somewhere far away or if they don't give a light to his face, but as soon as they put him near the screen or just put a scope on him, you can see how old he is growing. Light voice, no eye brows, and his forehead has been provided with a wierd shape, though ssj3 is very powerful, he doesn't have those deadly, strong, cool warrior look.

Anyways, yeah, Icepreistess, what is bishonen?

Yoko Littner Fan Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Where
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2014 06:23 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Bishonen ----- Bi translates into beautiful. Shounen translates into few years, but basically means "boy" in Japanese. ----- Good looking boy

Cold-Blooded IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2011 10:46 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Wio View Post
    Bishonen ----- Bi translates into beautiful. Shounen translates into few years, but basically means "boy" in Japanese. ----- Good looking boy
    He is right.
    Bishounen is a Japanese term literally meaning "beautiful youth (boy)". I'm surprised you didn't know that. Well I should have written : I like DBZ because the male characters are beautiful
    It is stupid to be afraid to die, but the most stupid thing is to be afraid to live.

_-Reality Haunts-_ _-Anonymous-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Anonymous-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Anonymous-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Anonymous-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Anonymous-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Anonymous-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Anonymous-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Anonymous-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Anonymous-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Anonymous-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Anonymous-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Anonymous-_'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-31-2012 06:11 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I just love goku !

guardian angel like personalty . . . . awesome >_<!

Senior Member Bluemoon22 has a reputation beyond repute Bluemoon22 has a reputation beyond repute Bluemoon22 has a reputation beyond repute Bluemoon22 has a reputation beyond repute Bluemoon22 has a reputation beyond repute Bluemoon22 has a reputation beyond repute Bluemoon22 has a reputation beyond repute Bluemoon22 has a reputation beyond repute Bluemoon22 has a reputation beyond repute Bluemoon22 has a reputation beyond repute Bluemoon22 has a reputation beyond repute Bluemoon22's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2009 10:42 AM
    Threads

I love the characters and their stories. I also like some of animation, like when they blow up planet Namek.

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by IcePriestess View Post
    He is right.
    Bishounen is a Japanese term literally meaning "beautiful youth (boy)". I'm surprised you didn't know that. Well I should have written : I like DBZ because the male characters are beautiful

hmm...........one of the reasons why I like it LOL.........

Well not actually but I do like their strong personalities, stromg personalities of the entire cast.
    Last edited by Stripes; 08-14-2009 at 09:26 AM.

Junior Member YouJustLostTheGame has much to be proud of YouJustLostTheGame has much to be proud of YouJustLostTheGame has much to be proud of YouJustLostTheGame has much to be proud of YouJustLostTheGame has much to be proud of YouJustLostTheGame has much to be proud of YouJustLostTheGame has much to be proud of YouJustLostTheGame has much to be proud of YouJustLostTheGame has much to be proud of YouJustLostTheGame has much to be proud of YouJustLostTheGame's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2009 02:41 AM
    Threads

I love Dragonball now... but I didn't when I was younger.. I have no idea why...

Dragonball is an awesome anime that shows how you have to work for something.. although.. it does get easier later on in the series... -_-;;
    Dragonball can be defined as a fighting-action type with bits of late '90s comedy.
    They have an awesome plot lined up with characters who have to struggle to get over their obstacles. And, hey, the music ain't bad either.

When the power levels started to go into the millions... I thought they killed the anime. The live-action movie doesn't help either...

Game/Taru

Nice to meet ya! I'm Taru/Game!

Junior Member Deviluke is on a distinguished road Deviluke's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2009 06:09 PM
    Threads

What i like most in dbz are the powers ups and the endless fights. We watch the strongest fighters ever, i dont think there is an anime with such high level of battle.
    Also thanks to dragonball many new shounen series were based on it, propably the best super power anime so far.

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

yeah true.....now, even Naruto has been inspired by Dragonballz and what about one piece and yu yu hakusho.........I think yu yu hakusho has that dbz perfume in it kinda.....and yeah, blue dragon, we can clearly see dbz's influence on Blu8e dragon no matter what dbz is the best........it's over 9000!!!

Senior Member agiup is infamous around these parts agiup's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2009 10:38 PM
    Threads

i agree. the saiyan and super saiyan plots are amazing ingredients to DBZ. it also has great subplots in it plus cool fight scenes.

Junior Member Bubblin' Momoiro has a reputation beyond repute Bubblin' Momoiro has a reputation beyond repute Bubblin' Momoiro has a reputation beyond repute Bubblin' Momoiro has a reputation beyond repute Bubblin' Momoiro has a reputation beyond repute Bubblin' Momoiro has a reputation beyond repute Bubblin' Momoiro has a reputation beyond repute Bubblin' Momoiro has a reputation beyond repute Bubblin' Momoiro has a reputation beyond repute Bubblin' Momoiro has a reputation beyond repute Bubblin' Momoiro has a reputation beyond repute Bubblin' Momoiro's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2009 04:16 AM
    Threads

DBZ is just.. sentimental value!..
    It was part of my education..
    I just love how everything is over the top.. and so out there.
    For good reason an anime that is popular all over the world
    "If I start laughing in a manic way... Run! "

Senior Member Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-02-2011 06:15 AM
    Threads

what i love in dbz... when i was younger i liked th fights bla bla bla... now i can't see dbz in front of. maybe cuz is still running on tv for 10 consecutives years or more, dont remember. but i still think its a good show, if you put aside the fillers and those fighting talks li,ke "is going to use that. oh no!! then they talk 4 ever.

but still i loved the show then
    Created to Overrule Everything

Banned Forum / Chat jackson9838 is on a distinguished road jackson9838's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-23-2009 12:53 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by _-Anonymous-_ View Post
    I just love goku !

guardian angel like personalty . . . . awesome >_<!
    Yeah i also like Goku.... he is the gr8 fighter. I like it's fight. I'm a huge fan of it's character in dragon ball z.when i watch dragon ball z season 1 then i'm hooked and now i have all episodes in my collection.

Senior Member Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2010 10:45 AM
    Threads

I fell in Love with the whole series! My first episode was when they first landed on Planet Namik, Krillin and Gohon go outside and Bulma's hair went Puff! And then she fell! I laughed so hard my stomach hurt! That was like 10 year's ago now.

I Love all the background scene's , the mountain ranges, the city''s and creativity of it all! i loved the color's, the story line and everything! I love the fighting scene's and everything!! Gosh I was so into DBZ like you wouldn't believe.

"Remember's I say's it out of LOVE!!"
    YaY's for "Love Bullets!!!"

Thank you bayamesa!!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information