AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How do you deal with people that tell you the endings and good parts of movies/games?

Senior Member Akihiko_88 has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko_88 has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko_88 has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko_88 has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko_88 has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko_88 has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko_88 has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko_88 has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko_88 has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko_88 has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko_88 has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko_88's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2009 12:59 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default How do you deal with people that tell you the endings and good parts of movies/games?

I can't stand those guys, alright i get it, you like the part and wanna share it with other people, but please, go talk with people that already seen it.
    One case a friend of mine come to me and said "did you know that L dies, yeah, it's Rem who kills him" and i was like "thanks very much for ruinning my serie, next time say something more shocking like "did you know that the Titanic sink?"

Junior Member Kasu has much to be proud of Kasu has much to be proud of Kasu has much to be proud of Kasu has much to be proud of Kasu has much to be proud of Kasu has much to be proud of Kasu has much to be proud of Kasu has much to be proud of Kasu has much to be proud of Kasu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2009 09:55 AM
    Threads

I'd say, just ignore it.
    Cover up your ears and say something along the lines of "I can't hear you" ;D

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I am the person next to you that informs you that the ending of the movie has a huge twist that I never saw coming. Of course, I mostly do that when the movies don't have a huge twist. That way, I'm not only a bastard, I'm a bastard², since you'll attempt to salvage the experience by trying to figure out the twist before it happens the entire film (so that you don't enjoy it), and then you learn that you did it all for nothing, because I lied to you.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Senior Member Luluko has a reputation beyond repute Luluko has a reputation beyond repute Luluko has a reputation beyond repute Luluko has a reputation beyond repute Luluko has a reputation beyond repute Luluko has a reputation beyond repute Luluko has a reputation beyond repute Luluko has a reputation beyond repute Luluko has a reputation beyond repute Luluko has a reputation beyond repute Luluko has a reputation beyond repute Luluko's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-16-2009 12:44 PM
    Threads

Nothing, I like being spoiled.

I try not to spoil it for others, but there are (few)times when it slips. Though not like the op experience, I can refrain so much better than that.
    Pope hat gives you the power to flyyyy!

Jibun Wooo~

Senior Member Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2011 12:15 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I m not friends with people like that. My friends and I will go to great lengths to hide such details from one another till we've all seen/done it.

I hate people that ruin things.

Monster hunter Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2009 08:10 PM
    Threads

I scold them with sarcasm and personal attack, but that's about it. I don't hate people for it; it's just a movie.

Senior Member Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-15-2012 12:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Dumbledore dies.

Mufasa dies.

Leonardo Decaprio dies.

Jesus dies.

Aeris dies.

Goku dies. Like 9 times.
    Last edited by Lola Granola; 07-27-2009 at 06:42 PM.

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Lola Granola View Post
    Dumbledore dies.

Mufasa dies.

Leonardo Decaprio dies.

Jesus dies.

Aeris dies.

Goku dies. Like 9 times.
    You forgot

Snape Dies

Bruce Willis was dead from the start.

It is in fact, NOT Lupis.

Bruce Waynes parents die.

Uncle Ben dies.

Senior Member Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Pink Ribbon Neko Tv Hello Kitty
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2013 07:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_88 View Post
    One case a friend of mine come to me and said "did you know that L dies, yeah, it's Rem who kills him" and i was like "thanks very much for ruinning my serie, next time say something more shocking like "did you know that the Titanic sink?"
    You are doing exactly what you are complaining about when you give Death Note spoilers. Not everyone has seen it you know.

Bring me back!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by edward10 View Post
    I'm looking for episodes that have hungry girls with growling stomachs
    I lol'd at this

Taiga ga suki da. KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2010 12:32 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_88 View Post
    "did you know that L dies, yeah, it's Rem who kills him"
    Hello irony. So very nice to meet you.

バン!バン!
    ---

|

---
    [sketches] | [sig thread]

Senior Member Akihiko_88 has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko_88 has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko_88 has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko_88 has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko_88 has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko_88 has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko_88 has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko_88 has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko_88 has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko_88 has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko_88 has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko_88's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2009 12:59 PM
    Threads

I know what i was doing when posted that, i was spoiled just before making this thread and wanna know what those people felt after spoiling someone, didn't make me all powerfull and stuff, just same old same old

Senior Member KamiKenpachi has a reputation beyond repute KamiKenpachi has a reputation beyond repute KamiKenpachi has a reputation beyond repute KamiKenpachi has a reputation beyond repute KamiKenpachi has a reputation beyond repute KamiKenpachi has a reputation beyond repute KamiKenpachi has a reputation beyond repute KamiKenpachi has a reputation beyond repute KamiKenpachi has a reputation beyond repute KamiKenpachi has a reputation beyond repute KamiKenpachi has a reputation beyond repute KamiKenpachi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-19-2010 07:24 PM
    Threads

Well first I buy a teaching gun, and then I fill it with hollow ( lol hollow ) points. By teaching gun I mean a real gun.
    I then find that person. I tell them to eat thier pet or I kill them. After they eat thier pet or refue I kill them anyways.
    Is this bad rep worthy? I will change it if it really is.
    I have a plan to get any predators of he AF!
    Everyone get Chris Hanson Avi! If that don't scare them off I don't know whatt can.

Junior Member Plenty is on a distinguished road Plenty's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-30-2009 07:44 PM
    Threads

Cool

I would punch someone for that.

Rising Falcon! Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Present Gurren Kamina Glasses
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2017 11:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ErraticKyosuke

I hope I'm not recycling one of my jokes.

I'd light him on fire and then feed them to my chickens.

Oh, meme meme meme.

Senior Member Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Present Bomb Aquarius
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2014 05:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I don't really care. I still find excitement in reaching the part :3

ein, zwei, drei, vier bin endlich weg von Dir
    fünf, sechs, sieben, acht Du hast jetzt keine Macht

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Plenty View Post
    I would punch someone for that.
    Hey Plenty.
    *Insert favorite character* dies at the end of *insert favorite book* and *insert books antagonist* kills *insert characters gender*.

Senior Member Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KamiKenpachi View Post
    Well first I buy a teaching gun, and then I fill it with hollow ( lol hollow ) points. By teaching gun I mean a real gun.
    That bit about eating pets is kind of sick, but I don't think it'd be any worse than me chaining them to the bumper of my car and dragging them through town. Of course, that happens for real once in a while down here...

Why do you call it a "teaching gun"?

Senior Member KamiKenpachi has a reputation beyond repute KamiKenpachi has a reputation beyond repute KamiKenpachi has a reputation beyond repute KamiKenpachi has a reputation beyond repute KamiKenpachi has a reputation beyond repute KamiKenpachi has a reputation beyond repute KamiKenpachi has a reputation beyond repute KamiKenpachi has a reputation beyond repute KamiKenpachi has a reputation beyond repute KamiKenpachi has a reputation beyond repute KamiKenpachi has a reputation beyond repute KamiKenpachi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-19-2010 07:24 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by revile View Post
    That bit about eating pets is kind of sick, but I don't think it'd be any worse than me chaining them to the bumper of my car and dragging them through town. Of course, that happens for real once in a while down here...

Why do you call it a "teaching gun"?
    Because it will teach them a leason that they can not forget even in the after life.
    I have a plan to get any predators of he AF!
    Everyone get Chris Hanson Avi! If that don't scare them off I don't know whatt can.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Oh, well in that case I recommend a Colt Python. Their ancestors should feel that.

You could go for the chrome Desert Eagle, but those draw too much attention, and they're illegal in some places. Supposedly.

Supposedly my bayonet is illegal in some places, doesn't stop me from shooting that rifle.

Simple Truth CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2010 02:07 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default It's a blog...kinda...

How do you deal with people that tell you the endings and good parts of movies/games?

Actually I don't mind at all. I'm one of those guys, who looks how good the ending is before picking up a story to read. It's not that I don't like suspense, it makes me feel aware and satisfied of what's coming up next.

I may not have the power to see, what's going to happen next in real life. However, in fantasy in books, series and movies, I want to feel in control, to know what's going to happen, how well it's going to happen, so that I wouldn't have to feel dissappointed like most of the time in real life.

I read books, watch series, movies for fun, and this is one way for me to have fun. Though I like to hear or know the ending, I'm quite careful not to reveal much fun to other people. I listen to other people's spoiler as long as it's a short and bemusing one, and not the summary of the entire story.
    "To do is to be" - Descartes, "To be is to do" - Voltaire, "Do be do be do" - Sinatra.

NOTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2017 02:05 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by -Batman- View Post
    You forgot

Snape Dies

Bruce Willis was dead from the start.

It is in fact, NOT Lupis.

Bruce Wayne's parents die.

Uncle Ben dies.
    Actually...

He discovers he's a ghost.

He discovers she's a guy.

His dad is Darth Vader.

She's her sister and her mother.

He is Mother.

The baby's father is Satan.

Al Pacino is Satan.

Alanis Morissette is God.

Michael Caine is Inspector Doppler.

Brad Pitt doesn't really exist.

George and Martha don't have a kid.

He stops running just before the finish

line -- and smirks.

Kevin Spacey did it.

Kevin Spacey did it.

The blonde did it.

The person you think did it, did it.

All the passengers did it.

He puts her on the plane.

He dies on the bus.

He dies in the freezing water.

She falls from the bell tower.

She shoots him on the balcony.

She cuts off his genitals.

The dwarf stabs him.

His mom has him hypnotized.

He turns back into a half-wit.

He blows up the bridge.

She drives them off the bridge.

She pushes the nun off the cliff.

They drive into the Grand Canyon.

She wasn't really dead.

He wasn't really dead.

He lives to be 108.

"Top of the world, Ma!"

She chooses Blane over Duckie.

He gets into Princeton.

The gigolo gets the model.

The hooker gets the millionaire.

Kevin Spacey gets his.

Glenn Close gets hers.

Her hand pops out of the grave.

Lady Liberty's arm sticks out of the sand.

The president nukes New York.

The money goes up in flames.

Michael has Fredo killed.

They both die in a shootout.

They all die in a shootout.

The mob gets him.

The pod people get him.

He's a replicant, too.

He flies away in a hot-air balloon.

The stewardess lands the plane!

They never left planet Earth.

They save Private Ryan.

Old Yeller dies.

Lassie comes home.

It was all a game.

It was all a dream.

It was his sled, stupid.

つき *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 001 - Bulbasaur Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2021 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

*cough* I kinda do that a lot.
    Oh, but if someone knows a huge twist and won`t tell me, I beg them to tell me. That way, eventually they break down and tell me. Then, I`m able to find clues in the story while I`m reading it. More fun that way.
    `course my mom always knows the end twist to movies and never tells me . . . so I guess. She tells me yes or no, but usually when I`m right on (third guess, mostly), she`ll say, "possibly . . ."
    I also read the ending of books, or just a bit ahead. I love figuring things out before it happens. <3 Or, I guess . . . finding out things before they happen. ^^

"Bacon. The smell of bacon." You now all know the ending to Ruby Hollar by Sharon Creech. XD

The Curious Wanderer Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2010 01:05 AM
    Threads

I have a few friends that do that which then I usually revert to blasting the music and ignore the spoilers for the duration they are speaking of the show or movie; that or I try to change the topic. Ha ha! I can still watch shows/movies that have been spoiled but it isn't as exciting. I am sure I do that at times too though, when unaware of my conscience. But it isn't all that often.
    Last edited by Kitanoru; 07-28-2009 at 01:08 AM.

[An amazing set by KP4]

Ooo a Fan Button! =P

With Love so Pure... Sparda has a reputation beyond repute Sparda has a reputation beyond repute Sparda has a reputation beyond repute Sparda has a reputation beyond repute Sparda has a reputation beyond repute Sparda has a reputation beyond repute Sparda has a reputation beyond repute Sparda has a reputation beyond repute Sparda has a reputation beyond repute Sparda has a reputation beyond repute Sparda has a reputation beyond repute Sparda's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2014 09:04 AM
    Threads

It all depends on who did it to me for that will decide the punishment i try my best not to do it to other people aswell, because i love surprises

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

I thank them for the info, so I wouldn't go spending my money to find out how stupid it was. Here's a good scenario:

Me: Oh, finally, Cloverfield is available here, too.
    Senior man: Oh, I watched that one, it was very boring.
    Me: But it has a monster in it, right?
    Senior woman: Half the film is about some kids at a party, and the camera never changes. It's like some amateur cameraman shoots the whole film.
    Senior man: And the ending's stupid, he just gets pulled away in front of the camera, like in that movie "Rec - Fear Live".
    Me: Thank you very much, I won't be spending my money for something as bland as that.

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

Closed Thread

Thread Information