AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How old were you when you went to your first convention?

Senior Member Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-13-2010 12:38 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default How old were you when you went to your first convention?

Hey guys, I was just wondering how old some of you were when you went to your first convention because I have wanted to go to several conventions, even some video game ones, for quite some time now but I am only 17 years old. Is there anyway, that when I at least turn 18, I will be able to go to a con? Like, also one of the big problems is that I live in Ohio, and I would have to fly there. Am I better off waiting until I am older to go?

Thanks guys!
    Last.FM!
    Hit me up with a F/R!

Junior Member Otaku_nerd13 is on a distinguished road Otaku_nerd13's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2009 09:09 PM
    Threads

I was about 12 or 13 when I went to my first con and it was only 45 minutes away from my hometown, as long as you have the drive for a long trip go for it!

Member Suiseiseki~ has a reputation beyond repute Suiseiseki~ has a reputation beyond repute Suiseiseki~ has a reputation beyond repute Suiseiseki~ has a reputation beyond repute Suiseiseki~ has a reputation beyond repute Suiseiseki~ has a reputation beyond repute Suiseiseki~ has a reputation beyond repute Suiseiseki~ has a reputation beyond repute Suiseiseki~ has a reputation beyond repute Suiseiseki~ has a reputation beyond repute Suiseiseki~ has a reputation beyond repute Suiseiseki~'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-21-2009 11:13 AM
    Threads

Don't know if it counts, but I was 14 (or 13, I dunno) when I went to my first convention, it was a gaming convention.

つき *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 001 - Bulbasaur Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2021 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I haven`t been to a convention. There was one that I almost went to, it was really close, but I completely forgot. <.< Guess I`ll just wait. ^^

Moja moja suite XDD kurai_cho2 has a reputation beyond repute kurai_cho2 has a reputation beyond repute kurai_cho2 has a reputation beyond repute kurai_cho2 has a reputation beyond repute kurai_cho2 has a reputation beyond repute kurai_cho2 has a reputation beyond repute kurai_cho2 has a reputation beyond repute kurai_cho2 has a reputation beyond repute kurai_cho2 has a reputation beyond repute kurai_cho2 has a reputation beyond repute kurai_cho2 has a reputation beyond repute kurai_cho2's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2017 09:16 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

hmmmmm... I think when I was 10 years old.. I visited convention when there was japanese culture show in there

Senior Member Sonata has a reputation beyond repute Sonata has a reputation beyond repute Sonata has a reputation beyond repute Sonata has a reputation beyond repute Sonata has a reputation beyond repute Sonata has a reputation beyond repute Sonata has a reputation beyond repute Sonata has a reputation beyond repute Sonata has a reputation beyond repute Sonata has a reputation beyond repute Sonata has a reputation beyond repute Sonata's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2009 06:28 PM
    Threads

I went to my first con when I was 19, but the people I went with were several years younger.

Considering that a good chunk of anime convention goers are in their teens, it sounds like you're at the perfect age. Although if you have to fly, you may want to wait a year or bring an adult with you.
    Ish hogtied, mostly, on a grill, oh, baby, covered in chocolate, mostly,
    with a banana in his mouth. Oh, oh, baby, if only Ai were that chick....

~AnimeGlobe, Old Skool - Society for the Creative Eating of the Ish~

Senior Member Bluemoon22 has a reputation beyond repute Bluemoon22 has a reputation beyond repute Bluemoon22 has a reputation beyond repute Bluemoon22 has a reputation beyond repute Bluemoon22 has a reputation beyond repute Bluemoon22 has a reputation beyond repute Bluemoon22 has a reputation beyond repute Bluemoon22 has a reputation beyond repute Bluemoon22 has a reputation beyond repute Bluemoon22 has a reputation beyond repute Bluemoon22 has a reputation beyond repute Bluemoon22's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2009 10:42 AM
    Threads

I was 21, but yes there are people there that are in their teens. Definitely bring an adult or at least go with a group. One of the rules my group has is that especially if you're cosplaying, always have a buddy with you.

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Mine?
    Hmm...I want to say 16, but it may have been 17.

Senior Member The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Ice Cream Kawaiislice Bleach Zangetsu
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2023 06:59 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

How old was I? lol I was 33 when I went to my first convention. Course, I've only been to 2 so far. Now I make it a BIG point of my year to attend SakuraCon. But at SakuraCon, they had kids that were like 6 or so cosplaying. I agree with the earlier comment, go in a group. There are the obvious advantages, but then there are the unobvious ones. As a group, you can do a group theme. Another advantage is if you get a hotel room, you split the cost. But the BIGGEST advantage to a group going on your first con is SUPPORT. Trust me, your first convention can be nerve racking if not down right terrifying. You can hear all the stories from others, but it never truelly prepares you for what you find. It can be a major mental shock. But once you've gone, you'll want to go again. It totally rocks. And yes, alot of the convention goers WILL be teens, but you do get some older folks like me going too. Anime conventions is the greatest way for anime to bridge the gaps in age, ethnic background, and gender. No matter the age, gender, or genetic background, we are all there for the same reason, our love of the anime.
    Last edited by The Rebel; 07-31-2009 at 05:52 PM.

Playstation Network ID: animerebel

Junior Member Mrs_Kitsune has much to be proud of Mrs_Kitsune has much to be proud of Mrs_Kitsune has much to be proud of Mrs_Kitsune has much to be proud of Mrs_Kitsune has much to be proud of Mrs_Kitsune has much to be proud of Mrs_Kitsune has much to be proud of Mrs_Kitsune has much to be proud of Mrs_Kitsune has much to be proud of Mrs_Kitsune's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2009 06:06 PM
    Threads

My first con was around age 19. I wasn't prepared for the madness and looking back and knowing what I know, that con was small!

The Local Vampire XxPantherChickxX has a reputation beyond repute XxPantherChickxX has a reputation beyond repute XxPantherChickxX has a reputation beyond repute XxPantherChickxX has a reputation beyond repute XxPantherChickxX has a reputation beyond repute XxPantherChickxX has a reputation beyond repute XxPantherChickxX has a reputation beyond repute XxPantherChickxX has a reputation beyond repute XxPantherChickxX has a reputation beyond repute XxPantherChickxX has a reputation beyond repute XxPantherChickxX has a reputation beyond repute XxPantherChickxX's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-02-2011 08:23 PM
    Threads

I might go to one in August. If I do, that'll be my first one. XP
    Last edited by XxPantherChickxX; 08-04-2009 at 06:10 PM.

~Beautiful set made by *Tsuki* <333

<--Clicky, plz!

I gave you my heart to keep in your possession. It's very fragile and the only one I have left, so please don't break it. <3

Senior Member amadorhi has a reputation beyond repute amadorhi has a reputation beyond repute amadorhi has a reputation beyond repute amadorhi has a reputation beyond repute amadorhi has a reputation beyond repute amadorhi has a reputation beyond repute amadorhi has a reputation beyond repute amadorhi has a reputation beyond repute amadorhi has a reputation beyond repute amadorhi has a reputation beyond repute amadorhi has a reputation beyond repute amadorhi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2009 10:38 PM
    Threads

I was 16 when i went to my first convention. AnimeNext 08 ftw.

Junior Member JapanAni has a reputation beyond repute JapanAni has a reputation beyond repute JapanAni has a reputation beyond repute JapanAni has a reputation beyond repute JapanAni has a reputation beyond repute JapanAni has a reputation beyond repute JapanAni has a reputation beyond repute JapanAni has a reputation beyond repute JapanAni has a reputation beyond repute JapanAni has a reputation beyond repute JapanAni has a reputation beyond repute JapanAni's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-25-2010 02:50 PM
    Threads

I think I was 16 when I first went to a convention. That was a long time ago

Member baseofnara has a reputation beyond repute baseofnara has a reputation beyond repute baseofnara has a reputation beyond repute baseofnara has a reputation beyond repute baseofnara has a reputation beyond repute baseofnara has a reputation beyond repute baseofnara has a reputation beyond repute baseofnara has a reputation beyond repute baseofnara has a reputation beyond repute baseofnara has a reputation beyond repute baseofnara has a reputation beyond repute baseofnara's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-04-2009 07:11 PM
    Threads

Default interesting thread

For my first anime convention I was 22 years old I think. It’s not a very big one I go to but at lest it’s in the city where I live. I would have to agree with a lot of people who posted here, that going with someone would be a good idea but in a group would be better. I was with two other people and I was glad of it too. I do plain on going to a bigger one next year but that means travelling to it. I also don’t think your age is any problem because it’s all ages that go to anime conventions, just like any convention really. When you do go I suggest planning ahead on weather or not you will make one or two trips for all the stuff you buy and/or cosplay out fit so your not logging it around all day. Conventions tend to be long and a few days normally. If you don’t want to drop stuff off at your hotel or eat there instead, I would suggest renting a locker so you don’t tire out as fast. Though, for my self I like going home to eat and drop off stuff that way I also don’t get stopped from the checks either later on in the day for the music show.
    /baseofnara

Perverted Kitty of Doom lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2013 01:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

im 19 and still havent gone >.< i was supposed to go this year but it somehow falied ,oh well...maybe next year
    you can't call me weird, cause im unique ^_^
    btw if youre going to admire me, please tell me who you are, gracias

siggy by teddy thankies ^^

**UPDATE** NEW DRAWINGS
    * * * A R T ~ W O R K * * *
    My sweet sweet family is located in my blog
    if you want to be a part of our family, pm me

that guy with the beard JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-21-2011 11:16 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jimbo8472

my first con was back in 03 not been to a con since 06

Junior Member GrimHeaper has a reputation beyond repute GrimHeaper has a reputation beyond repute GrimHeaper has a reputation beyond repute GrimHeaper has a reputation beyond repute GrimHeaper has a reputation beyond repute GrimHeaper has a reputation beyond repute GrimHeaper has a reputation beyond repute GrimHeaper has a reputation beyond repute GrimHeaper has a reputation beyond repute GrimHeaper has a reputation beyond repute GrimHeaper has a reputation beyond repute GrimHeaper's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2009 10:22 PM
    Threads

I was 15, the year was 2009, and the con was Otakon.
    XD
    Yeah...this past Otakon was my first convention.

Senior Member Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-03-2009 10:28 PM
    Threads

^ Oh you were at Otakon too =OOO

I was 14, Otakon 2008 =3

Junior Member GrimHeaper has a reputation beyond repute GrimHeaper has a reputation beyond repute GrimHeaper has a reputation beyond repute GrimHeaper has a reputation beyond repute GrimHeaper has a reputation beyond repute GrimHeaper has a reputation beyond repute GrimHeaper has a reputation beyond repute GrimHeaper has a reputation beyond repute GrimHeaper has a reputation beyond repute GrimHeaper has a reputation beyond repute GrimHeaper has a reputation beyond repute GrimHeaper's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

O: So i guess that means you were there? XD
    I wasnt dressed up as a character, but i will be next year! ^^

Senior Member Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-03-2009 10:28 PM
    Threads

Yep, yep. I feel sorta disappointed I didn't get to see Kanon Wakeshima T_T

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Aw poor you. She was adorable! Me and my friends made it in. But, we I was upset when we couldnt get in to see Crispin Freeman. :/

Senior Member Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2019 12:10 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel View Post
    How old was I? lol I was 33 when I went to my first convention. Course, I've only been to 2 so far. Now I make it a BIG point of my year to attend SakuraCon. But at SakuraCon, they had kids that were like 6 or so cosplaying. I agree with the earlier comment, go in a group. There are the obvious advantages, but then there are the unobvious ones. As a group, you can do a group theme. Another advantage is if you get a hotel room, you split the cost. But the BIGGEST advantage to a group going on your first con is SUPPORT. Trust me, your first convention can be nerve racking if not down right terrifying. You can hear all the stories from others, but it never truelly prepares you for what you find. It can be a major mental shock. But once you've gone, you'll want to go again. It totally rocks. And yes, alot of the convention goers WILL be teens, but you do get some older folks like me going too. Anime conventions is the greatest way for anime to bridge the gaps in age, ethnic background, and gender. No matter the age, gender, or genetic background, we are all there for the same reason, our love of the anime.
    I was 33 too. =D
    Sure Wish I had a little dvd player on my forklift at work... no, wait, that would be dangerous.

Lol, message boards. RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2018 11:18 PM
    Threads

I was 17, A-Kon 2002.

Good times.

At the opera tonight? Seraphemei has a reputation beyond repute Seraphemei has a reputation beyond repute Seraphemei has a reputation beyond repute Seraphemei has a reputation beyond repute Seraphemei has a reputation beyond repute Seraphemei has a reputation beyond repute Seraphemei has a reputation beyond repute Seraphemei has a reputation beyond repute Seraphemei has a reputation beyond repute Seraphemei has a reputation beyond repute Seraphemei has a reputation beyond repute Seraphemei's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-03-2009 02:24 PM
    Threads

I was seventeen when I went to my first con. It was anime detour 2008. then of course I became obsessed. So much crazy randomness. But I only was there one day.

Then last year, when I was eighteen, I actually got a room and stayed the whole weekend. So I guess I would say I got the whole experience, last year.

Member sbsp13668 is a jewel in the rough sbsp13668 is a jewel in the rough sbsp13668 is a jewel in the rough sbsp13668 is a jewel in the rough sbsp13668's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-27-2010 10:42 PM
    Threads

I'm going to my first convention next weekend! ^.^ I'm 17 O.O Yesh, it took me a while to get to one.
    You can close your eyes to reality but not the memories... We erase it from our memories, but the imprint is always there...
    If we are willing to kill inorder to save this world, then this world is not worth saving.

Closed Thread

Thread Information