AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Tenjou Tenge and the recurring problems in manga/anime writing

Hybrid View

Thunderbringer! RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Cake
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2017 12:40 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs up Tenjou Tenge and the recurring problems in manga/anime writing

Hey sorry if this show is old news to most of you but the thread i found with the search function was closed so here's a new one since i just watched all of this

man, i cant STAND it when someone creates a wonderful premise, populates their universe with potentially interesting characters and relationships, and then completely goes off into lala land before going "oh crap its the end lets end it with whatever!"

Tenjho Tenge is but the latest IP to put me through this frustration, there are many others (in fact i think i'm not alone in saying that satisfying conclusions are a rare treat in these mediums). I could rant about all the things tenge did "wrong" but whats the point? whats my opinion matter compared to the creator's vision, however stupid IMO?

Instead of complaining about Tenjho Tenge i figured i'd open the floor for discussion on these matters as it applies to the anime and manga mediums as a whole. Why is it that we often fall in love with an IP only to find ourselves soldiering on through painfully frustrating content, desperately searching for a glimmer of hope that the qualities we fell in love with are not in fact dead and forgotten by the time the series ends? Why would someone go through all the trouble of creating what should be a masterpiece only to leave the whole thing up in the air or just cut it off quickly and thoughtlessly? Why is this so prevalent in anime and manga?

i hope to get some interesting (and opposing) viewpoints

Last edited by RaShayRitto; 07-26-2009 at 08:33 AM.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

The tenjou tenge manga is still incomplete, and is on indefinite hiatus until the author finishes working on AirGear.

I have already more-or-less addressed this issue in another thread, in regard to anime being cut off.

Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn
    That's because all three, at the time they were produced, were based on on-going manga. The GetBackers manga has since ended, and the anime covered different sections of it, but there was no end to cover at the time it was produced.

Air Gear is still on-going as a manga, but the anime only covered about 130 chapters, and significantly changed a lot of what happened in the series.

Tenjou Tenge is still incomplete, and Oh!Great hasn't said if he'll ever get back to working on it (he's now working on AirGear).

Those three anime series served more as money-makers than story tellers than most do. When an anime is going to be made, it's script is drafted and it is signed for a specified number of episodes (for the most part. some series go on as long as they need to provided whatever they are based on is both on-going and popular enough...Naruto, Bleach, One Piece). Some on-going series, which are certainly popular enough to get an anime, but not so much as to continue indefinitely, still get signed for a certain number of episodes, and they'll stick to the story for the most part, and then have a made-up ending. They get good ratings when broadcast, sell DVDs and merchandise, etc. They also bring wider popularity to the manga, thereby increasing readers of whatever magazine it's published in, or buys of the light-novel or game, etc. And that's what it's about for some of these series such as AirGear, or Tenjou Tenge.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Thunderbringer! RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Cake
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2017 12:40 PM
    Threads

thanks for clearing that up, i guess i assumed the series was complete since i was intoduced to the manga YEARS ago. the indefinite hiatus thing is a bummer

but what do you think about my other points?

Closed Thread

Thread Information