AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: My FIRST attempt at making sigs

Rawr! BlanketHarp has a reputation beyond repute BlanketHarp has a reputation beyond repute BlanketHarp has a reputation beyond repute BlanketHarp has a reputation beyond repute BlanketHarp has a reputation beyond repute BlanketHarp has a reputation beyond repute BlanketHarp has a reputation beyond repute BlanketHarp has a reputation beyond repute BlanketHarp has a reputation beyond repute BlanketHarp has a reputation beyond repute BlanketHarp has a reputation beyond repute BlanketHarp's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-03-2009 10:24 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default My FIRST attempt at making sigs

Ok i know they arent that great, im just playing around for now, i havent completely gotten used to Paint Shop Pro Photo X2.

AF's Messiah. The Second Coming. Jesu Christo. .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Heart Rainbow Ribbon Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2014 01:25 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sev121993 PSN ID: sev121993 Steam ID: sev121993

Not too bad, the bg is kinda empty. But I know what you mean by messing around, trying all the effects and such. First time I got gimp I did that for 3-4 hours...

Rawr! BlanketHarp has a reputation beyond repute BlanketHarp has a reputation beyond repute BlanketHarp has a reputation beyond repute BlanketHarp has a reputation beyond repute BlanketHarp has a reputation beyond repute BlanketHarp has a reputation beyond repute BlanketHarp has a reputation beyond repute BlanketHarp has a reputation beyond repute BlanketHarp has a reputation beyond repute BlanketHarp has a reputation beyond repute BlanketHarp has a reputation beyond repute BlanketHarp's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Tried making an image with part of it at 0% Opacity. This is for one of my friends who is a Furry.

I know that the text is a bit choppy, and theres a white line around part of it. So please dont comment on taht, i know. Im trying to figure out how to get the white outline out without ruining the image.

The Curious Wanderer Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2010 01:05 AM
    Threads

I really like the lighted angle on your first signature; the way it captures the character in the signature is well portrayed. The background could have a bit more going on maybe, but I like the character you used, and the angle the light is coming in from on your first one.

The second signature I like the dark and light shading, and the curl in the top left hand corner of the signature. Personally I think it is a bit small for a regular signature, but over all it looks really well done. I like the form of text used in it too. I noticed that the text could be moved over slightly to the right, but that's just out of personal preference.

Great job on both signatures, I can't wait to see more of your work!

[An amazing set by KP4]

Ooo a Fan Button! =P

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Just testing some effects. Did Fallout 3 as a base. These are not sigs, just something i worked on while i was bored.

Just a non-preset shadowing. Did this by hand =) light is coming from the bottom right. I tried to get the right shading but its hard to get it just right lol.

Just a simple image with text and shadowing. Sharpened it a little.

My new sig (if i get good comments on it) =)
    Last edited by BlanketHarp; 08-01-2009 at 06:59 AM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Just got done some (what i think are) nice sigs. I am extremely happy that these turned out nicely. Considering im new at this i think im doing pretty good.

I am VERY happy with how this one turned out, everything is clear, nothing is really overpowering.

I LOVE how this turned out. The curls on the background were hard to do since i had to make them all even, but i think it turned out nicely.
    Last edited by BlanketHarp; 08-03-2009 at 01:57 AM. Reason: had to edit an image

Senior Member Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts 311 - Plusle 133 - Eevee Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-31-2014 03:25 AM
    Threads

From the 2 new ones you posted, your first one to me is the best one you have done so far (the rawr one). As for your backgrounds I would add more to them. They seem simple, and not much to them. As for your text, espically the (Nyu) one, It could of blended in with the picture. It stands out.

I hope to see more from you.

AF's Messiah. The Second Coming. Jesu Christo. .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Ok, the first sig, the render is good quality, but the bg is really empty, and just dosen't blend with the render. the same goes for just about all of your sigs, you have maybe one effect, and then you put the render over and call it good. You might want to try putting some c4ds in the bg of some of your sigs, and try working on getting the renders to blend in the bg to start out with. I like the way the second one looks, but its got those pixels around it which kinda ruins it. I know nothing of paint shop pro, but you have those pixels on a lot of your other sigs as well.
    Might I suggest gimp as an alternative to paint shop?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

its the cropping that makes the pixels. Im getting better at it though. There are less. I figured out how to erase them.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ok after hearing about the background thing i tried putting a non-simple background in.

Last edited by BlanketHarp; 08-03-2009 at 03:16 AM.

Senior Member .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts A Duck 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-24-2016 11:02 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

wow the latest one is awesome!

my only bugbear is your text placement and size, it stands out way to much for my liking >.< maybe reduce the size and move the blanketharp text above or below your boarder. thats all i can suggest for now!

keep up the great work

Lex Luger R.I.P
    ¦ Sexy Logo By Me ¦ R A R E R E N D E R ¦ Tutorial requests and PSD Requests open ¦ Tag Thread

Junior Member bLaDe* has a reputation beyond repute bLaDe* has a reputation beyond repute bLaDe* has a reputation beyond repute bLaDe* has a reputation beyond repute bLaDe* has a reputation beyond repute bLaDe* has a reputation beyond repute bLaDe* has a reputation beyond repute bLaDe* has a reputation beyond repute bLaDe* has a reputation beyond repute bLaDe* has a reputation beyond repute bLaDe* has a reputation beyond repute bLaDe*'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-06-2009 02:37 AM
    Threads

significant improvement over last siggy
    but the left side of your new one is nice and lit up, not using that light to blend the text seems like a shame =D work on it

"Remember. God Loves You All..... But im his favourite"

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Because i LOVE kuromi

Last edited by BlanketHarp; 08-03-2009 at 10:26 PM.

Junior Member Domo is on a distinguished road Domo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-03-2009 11:47 PM
    Threads

very nice, can you makes me one?

Avie made by Wolley Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-21-2010 11:08 PM
    Threads

maybe its just me but the star in the background takes focus away from the render.

Quote Originally Posted by RaShayRitto View Post
    this thread made me facepalm so hard my hand went through my skull and grabbed the head of the person reading over my shoulder before ripping their head off and pulling it through the hole in my head.

Gil
    Dead
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Xombii View Post
    maybe its just me but the star in the background takes focus away from the render.
    No, your right. The star and light is taking your eye away from what should be the focus of your sig, the render. Still pretty good, thou.

Senior Member Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts 311 - Plusle 133 - Eevee Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-31-2014 03:25 AM
    Threads

You have gotten a little better, your two new ones are okay. Better then your rest. Id work on the font and make it a little different then what it currently is, and like Sev said.

The star and light is taking your eye away from what should be the focus of your sig, the render.
    Put your focus on that.

Closed Thread

Thread Information