AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Favorite/least favorite politician

Actually bigger than you. miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Violin Cds
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2013 07:01 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: miniPhil

Lightbulb Favorite/least favorite politician

Inspired by no thread in particular.

Even those of you who have very little interest in politics surely have some politician you like the look of or one that you could do without seeing again.
    So who is your favourite/least favorite politician. Wiki links would be a help for the rest of use to read up on your choices

My favorite is Joe Higgins. In fact hes the only politician I really like. I can stand others but Joe is the only one I enjoy(sadly hes not in my constituency so I cant vote for him).

My least favorite being our current minister for Justice Dermot Ahern. He's curently my least favorite politicain as my previous most disliked politicians Declan Ganley, Bertie Ahern and Michael McDowell have all essentially retired.
    This is a Sig. It's horribly out of date.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I like Dan Quayle.

Honorary mentions go to Al Gore (for inventing the internets) and Sen. Ted Stevens (for blessing our vocabularies with the series of tubes meme.)

I strongly dislike the Swedish minister of enterprise. A middle aged woman with a very nagging and droning voice and a demeanor that consists of avoiding any uncomfortable questions by unleashing a barrage of condescending red herrings.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Gray Davis was a picture perfect governor. He had some great ideas during his run, the problem was he lost his grasp on the people's attention and we now have a musclehead governor in office that is more concerned with getting Gatorades out of schools than actual politics. You can't blame one man for your state's poor state.

Least favorite is Obama. Simply get off TV and do something, celebuton.

Senior Member Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2011 12:15 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, as for favorite, give me a minute.

Least favorite, and bordering on a combination of loathing and hatred - Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, and Ted Kennedy...Chuck Schumer and Carolyn McCarthy. I don't know that I feel hatred for Barack Obama, because hatred means I'd be okay with him dying, and I've seen a few glimmers of hope that he won't be a total waste of oxygen - I'll judge him much more harshly by next year I'm sure. But I certainly have a strong dislike for him, to the point that I'd rather put up with another four years of W - and W didn't do such a swell job on a lot of things. Oh, I hate Donald Rumsfeld too. I hate Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter too. They throw bombs for ratings, and make the rest of us look like clowns.

I strongly dislike John McCain and Sarah Palin, and did so before they lost the election. I never thought much of Hillary Clinton, and thought Bill Richardson was the best of the Democrats for 2008.

As for the "likes" - I really like Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich, and John Thune. Back home in western NY, Cathy Young was a fantastic state rep. Here in TX, I don't know all of the government yet, but I have a generally favorable impression of Rick Perry, our governor. [if there's a non-liberal reason to hate on him, someone PM it to me. If you just hate him because he's a Republican, save it.]

Umm...I like Bobby Jindal and Michael Steele, but I think they're both a bit hopeless. Giuliani too. He's a good guy, but he's too open to suggestion on gun control for me. I'm anti-gun control, if the board hasn't guessed. That has a lot to do with why Carolyn McCarthy and Chuck Schumer are on my hate list.

And try as I might, I just can't bring myself to hate Bill Clinton. He wasn't as great as the Democrats think he was, and he could have done a lot of things to alleviate 9/11 and its aftermath, but what's done is done and I can't hate him for not knowing. HE has terrible taste in women, though. JFK got Marilyn Monroe. Bill couldn't do better than Monica?

If I was to choose politicans in history I'd say Teddy Roosevelt, Calvin Coolidge, Thomas Jefferson, Richard Nixon [I'll be devil's advocate here] and Ronald Reagan. If I was to choose a Democrat, I'd say I liked Harry Truman and Woodrow Wilson. I respect FDR as a President, but I dislike some of his more liberal social programs. We wouldn't be the same without him, though.
    Last edited by Cobra Commander; 07-21-2009 at 07:31 PM.

Senior Member Nanukana has a reputation beyond repute Nanukana has a reputation beyond repute Nanukana has a reputation beyond repute Nanukana has a reputation beyond repute Nanukana has a reputation beyond repute Nanukana has a reputation beyond repute Nanukana has a reputation beyond repute Nanukana has a reputation beyond repute Nanukana has a reputation beyond repute Nanukana has a reputation beyond repute Nanukana has a reputation beyond repute Nanukana's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-31-2010 04:36 PM
    Threads

I like Sarah Pallin. She's done a lot for Alaska and I think people are a bit sexists against her. That's just my opinion.
    Say, Write, and Think
    ~Nanukana Hokage Myst~

Signatures made amazingly by Moritani Onee-sama(Above) and
    TwiDragon1000(Below)!

Senior Member Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-24-2012 05:15 AM
    Threads

My least favourite politician....well; I live in England so my hate towards a specific man, or party rather, is now like a second nature (like watching television and playing the Playstation) just like it is for the rest of the Kingdom's population too.

At present it is also difficult to choose a favourite.
    That which is; is the truth.

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2017 02:05 PM
    Threads

Currently my favorite politition is Silvio Berlusconi, the currently Italian Prime Minister simply because he is downright crazy. Another is former rugby league player Mal Meninga for having the .

My least favorite are two Australian politicians, Tony Abbott simply because he is a pathetic crawling religious nutjob who has earned the nickname 'the mad monk', and Stephen Conroy because of his baby, the notorious internet censorship filter. They should both rot in hell.
    Last edited by SGI; 07-23-2009 at 07:07 PM.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SGI View Post
    Currently my favorite politition is Silvio Berlusconi, the currently Italian Prime Minister simply because he is downright crazy.
    Yeah. Berlusconi would totally work as a James Bond villain.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Yeah. Berlusconi would totally work as a James Bond villain.
    Villain? Hell he'd make an absolutely brilliant Bond. I vote for Silvio Berlusconi to be the next Bond.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

In a personal (read: Non-political) sense I like Teddy Roosevelt. He is the sort of person the word "bombast" was invented to describe. Also, eh killed Spaniards and doesn't afraid of anything.

As far dislike goes, it's probably a tie between Strom Thurman and Darth Rove.

Quote Originally Posted by revile
    And try as I might, I just can't bring myself to hate Bill Clinton. He wasn't as great as the Democrats think he was, and he could have done a lot of things to alleviate 9/11 and its aftermath, but what's done is done and I can't hate him for not knowing. HE has terrible taste in women, though. JFK got Marilyn Monroe. Bill couldn't do better than Monica?
    Shouldn't you also blame every president that came before Clinton? I mean, they also failed to prevent 9-11. Goddamn it JFK, why didn't you declare war on Saudi Arabia to kill off Baby Osama Bin Laden when you had the chance. And don't even get me started about Chester Arthur's unwillingness to shoot Osama's great great great great grandfather in cold blood.
    Last edited by Manhattan_Project_2000; 07-23-2009 at 07:59 PM.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Senior Member Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2011 12:15 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yes, TR was an admirable man, regardless of one's political affiliations. I really respect him for taking control of his life and dragging himself up by his own shoe laces.

Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan_Project_2000 View Post
    In a personal (read: Non-political) sense I like Teddy Roosevelt. He is the sort of person the word "bombast" was invented to describe. Also, eh killed Spaniards and doesn't afraid of anything.
    Don't forget Andrew Jackson who was the sort of person the word "bad mother (you know the rest)" was used to describe. Here are a couple of great examples

His Attempted Assassination
    "On January 30, 1835, what is believed to be the first attempt to kill a sitting President of the United States occurred just outside the United States Capitol Building. When Jackson was leaving the Capitol Building out of the East Portico after the funeral of South Carolina Representative Warren R. Davis, Richard Lawrence, an unemployed and deranged house-painter from England, either burst from a crowd or stepped out from hiding behind a column and aimed a pistol at Jackson which misfired. Lawrence then pulled out a second pistol which also misfired. It has since been postulated that the moisture from the humid weather of the day contributed to the double misfiring. Lawrence was then restrained, with legend saying that Jackson attacked Lawrence with his cane, prompting his aides to restrain him. Others present, including David Crockett, restrained and disarmed Lawrence."

On His Various Duels
    "In [a] duel, fought over a horse-racing debt and an insult to his wife on May 30, 1806, Dickinson shot Jackson in the ribs before Jackson returned the fatal shot; Jackson actually allowed Dickinson to shoot first, knowing him to be an excellent shot, and as his opponent reloaded, Jackson shot, even as the bullet lodged itself in his chest. The bullet that struck Jackson was so close to his heart that it could never be safely removed. Jackson had been wounded so frequently in duels that it was said he "rattled like a bag of marbles.""

Seriously, this shows just how hardcore President Jackson was. I mean seriously, even if it is a legend regarding the cane attack, I totally believe he is capable of it.

Edit: Classic Jackson Quote
    "I have only two regrets: I didn't shoot Henry Clay and I didn't hang John C. Calhoun."
    Note: Calhoun is Jackson's very own Vice President.
    Last edited by SGI; 07-23-2009 at 08:08 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information