AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Devin Townsend

Actually bigger than you. miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Violin Cds
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2013 07:01 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: miniPhil

Default Devin Townsend

To my shock and horror I noticed there is no Devin Townsend thread(at least not one the search engine will show me).
    This is a thread for all things 'Crazy Devy'. If I had to put him in a genre I would classify him a 'AWESOME!' but Encyclopedia Metallum says he more 'Progressive/Industrial/Atmospheric Metal'.
    Devin started his music career in 1995 with the band Strapping Young Lad but released his first solo album in 19979(Ocean Machine: Biomech).
    If you're a beginner to the Devin Townsend universe then I recommend starting with:
    Infinity
    Ziltoid the Omniscient
    Synchestra
    Terria
    Devin's stuff isn't exactly the most commercial and so you may have to find them on the net. That being said I cant talk for anyone who doesn't live in Ireland. Thats the situation here but Ive no idea if you can find em in other countries.
    Wikipedia link
    Encyclopedia Metallum link
    This is a Sig. It's horribly out of date.

The spawn of Lou Barlow! Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2010 08:10 PM
    Threads

Love him, love everything he does, has done, and will undoubtedly love everything he creates in the future. Physicist is my most favorite and beloved album of all time, and I just think he's amazing.

First album I ever bought of his was Accelerated Evolution, then I sort of went back and forth between SYL albums and his solo/DTB stuff. The only albums I have yet to get my hands on are Devlab and The Hummer. Those are a little difficult to find.

I was pretty impressed with Ki and I can't wait for Addicted to come out. I hope I'm not getting my hopes up but I have a feeling Deconstruction of a Cheeseburger is going to be as insane, or if not more, than Heavy as a Really Heavy Thing. And that is one off-the-charts level of insanity.

Actually bigger than you. miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Violin Cds
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2013 07:01 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: miniPhil

'Ki' is amazing. It took me a while to get into but now I'm in love with it. I can just hit play and get lost. I cant wait for 'Deconstruction' but I hope its more akin to the ferocity of 'Alien' then the oddity of 'H.A.R.H.T'.
    'Infinity', 'Alien' or 'City' are my favorite albums by Devin. 'Ziltoid' and 'The New Black' also hold a special place in my heart being the first albums I heard.
    The only thing Devin ever did that I don't like is his production on Lamb of Gods 'As the Palaces Burn'.
    EDIT: The live shows are also worth a mention.
    +
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
    Last edited by miniPhil; 07-12-2009 at 03:22 PM.
    This is a Sig. It's horribly out of date.

Yew Neek™ is #1 DeMoNoFtHeFaLl666 has a reputation beyond repute DeMoNoFtHeFaLl666 has a reputation beyond repute DeMoNoFtHeFaLl666 has a reputation beyond repute DeMoNoFtHeFaLl666 has a reputation beyond repute DeMoNoFtHeFaLl666 has a reputation beyond repute DeMoNoFtHeFaLl666 has a reputation beyond repute DeMoNoFtHeFaLl666 has a reputation beyond repute DeMoNoFtHeFaLl666 has a reputation beyond repute DeMoNoFtHeFaLl666 has a reputation beyond repute DeMoNoFtHeFaLl666 has a reputation beyond repute DeMoNoFtHeFaLl666 has a reputation beyond repute DeMoNoFtHeFaLl666's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2010 04:50 PM
    Threads

I have to say this guy is pretty good
    "Groovy"

Closed Thread

Thread Information