AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My new sigs

The lazy demon kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2014 11:30 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default My new sigs

I just got gimp yesterday, here are my first tries.

This is my first try I think it's okay for a first, but it still sucks.

That was my second sig I think it looks better than the first, but I can get better.

This one was for me and also my newest. Thanks for looking.

( Comments and criticism wanted)

I MADE IT.

Quotes: To be a man you must have honor and a penis (Shin-chan)

Senior Member Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pokedex 025 - Pikachu
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2012 01:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I think I like the one with Gengar the best. It has a lot of detail on the background and on Gengar himself. I like the effects yu used as well, keep it up.
    Gero Server Guru

The lazy demon kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

This is my fourth work for Rogue. He asked so I gave.

I made this because I like Silver, this is my latest.

( I would appreciate comments and Criticism)

I MADE IT.

Requiem Angel Nephilim has a reputation beyond repute Nephilim has a reputation beyond repute Nephilim has a reputation beyond repute Nephilim has a reputation beyond repute Nephilim has a reputation beyond repute Nephilim has a reputation beyond repute Nephilim has a reputation beyond repute Nephilim has a reputation beyond repute Nephilim has a reputation beyond repute Nephilim has a reputation beyond repute Nephilim has a reputation beyond repute Nephilim's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-06-2010 04:44 PM
    Threads

Post 1:
    The first sig the effects are somewhat too shard, and you generally don't wanna put too much effects on the characters you put in the picutres.

The second sig the concept is nice but this one has nothing much doen at all on the character render and so it looks like a cut and paste which is okay very VERY rarely.

The third sig, the text is hard to read try eperimenting with colors. Also there is a lot of empty space in the sig try experimenting with brushes and layer types.

Post 2:
    Both signatures are very amaturish, like I've said experiment with brushs and effects try to get thr right amount of empty and used space. Keep an eye on your text.

Finally most sigs look awkward without a border (exceptions are mainly with sigs with invisible effects like the gringar one) Try adding a border to sigs, it gives and idea of the space inside it and makes it more visually appealing.

I look forward to seeing more from you.
    Sig and avy by me.

"If looks could kill you'd be the one that takes my world and makes me numb."

Christine Daae's Fangirl Shion Sonozaki has a reputation beyond repute Shion Sonozaki has a reputation beyond repute Shion Sonozaki has a reputation beyond repute Shion Sonozaki has a reputation beyond repute Shion Sonozaki has a reputation beyond repute Shion Sonozaki has a reputation beyond repute Shion Sonozaki has a reputation beyond repute Shion Sonozaki has a reputation beyond repute Shion Sonozaki has a reputation beyond repute Shion Sonozaki has a reputation beyond repute Shion Sonozaki has a reputation beyond repute Shion Sonozaki's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-30-2010 02:33 PM
    Back in FL, missing NYC, but not the cold!
    Threads

Hi! I ahve GIMP too and need help. xD So, I liekd your Gengar signature and I wanted to knwo hwo you got the gengar to sort of... Stick of of the box of the sig. I ahve been wanting to do that for YEARS! xD

And if ya need help on brushes, hi.

Your first signature isn't so bad, but nto too clear on the character. But I cna see its from Naruto, right?

Your second one, I ADORE th background effect, but you are right on hwo you can still get better. I suggest in that huge gap, maybe above Gengar, could put some text or soemthing, toher wise move the word Gengar to the middle more or less.

Your thrid, is pretty clear except for the word "Kei" and could be more detailed.

Your forth... i dun like Ronge in the first palce. xD

Oh, Silver is one of my favs! Mna, for me at least, those Sonic games are fun! Unfortunately, I forget which game ahs Silver in it... dang it.. I ahve the money but not the name of the game??? >< I think I like the Silver ona nd Gengar one the best.
    Last edited by Shion Sonozaki; 07-11-2009 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Ha ha, I can1t believe I don't have enough tiem for real critism.
    MY OLD USER IS AKANE YOKUTSU!
    Wishing I could here your voice again...
    Knowing that I never would.
    Dreaming of you won't help me to do, all that you dreamed I could!
    -Christine Daae (2004 film adaption of TPOTO)
    To my "angels of music", John Cudia, Emmy Rossum, and my best friend. You inspired me to improve my voice and helped me accomplish things I thought I never would! Thank you!

Junior Member Triangler has a reputation beyond repute Triangler has a reputation beyond repute Triangler has a reputation beyond repute Triangler has a reputation beyond repute Triangler has a reputation beyond repute Triangler has a reputation beyond repute Triangler has a reputation beyond repute Triangler has a reputation beyond repute Triangler has a reputation beyond repute Triangler has a reputation beyond repute Triangler has a reputation beyond repute Triangler's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2009 11:20 PM
    Threads

These aren't bad for your first few tries. Much better than my disasters. lmao.

I would follow what Nephilim said. Good job btw.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post
    Post 1:
    The first sig the effects are somewhat too shard, and you generally don't wanna put too much effects on the characters you put in the picutres.

The second sig the concept is nice but this one has nothing much doen at all on the character render and so it looks like a cut and paste which is okay very VERY rarely.

The third sig, the text is hard to read try eperimenting with colors. Also there is a lot of empty space in the sig try experimenting with brushes and layer types.

Post 2:
    Both signatures are very amaturish, like I've said experiment with brushs and effects try to get thr right amount of empty and used space. Keep an eye on your text.

Finally most sigs look awkward without a border (exceptions are mainly with sigs with invisible effects like the gringar one) Try adding a border to sigs, it gives and idea of the space inside it and makes it more visually appealing.

I look forward to seeing more from you.
    One question, how do you apply borders and I'm also getting new brushes now. Thanks I hope you will keep up with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shion Sonozaki View Post
    Hi! I ahve GIMP too and need help. xD So, I liekd your Gengar signature and I wanted to knwo hwo you got the gengar to sort of... Stick of of the box of the sig. I ahve been wanting to do that for YEARS! xD

And if ya need help on brushes, hi.

Your first signature isn't so bad, but nto too clear on the character. But I cna see its from Naruto, right?

Your second one, I ADORE th background effect, but you are right on hwo you can still get better. I suggest in that huge gap, maybe above Gengar, could put some text or soemthing, toher wise move the word Gengar to the middle more or less.

Your thrid, is pretty clear except for the word "Kei" and could be more detailed.

Your forth... i dun like Ronge in the first palce. xD

Oh, Silver is one of my favs! Mna, for me at least, those Sonic games are fun! Unfortunately, I forget which game ahs Silver in it... dang it.. I ahve the money but not the name of the game??? >< I think I like the Silver ona nd Gengar one the best.
    I actually just lucked up on it. I don't know how
    . ><
    Quote Originally Posted by Triangler View Post
    These aren't bad for your first few tries. Much better than my disasters. lmao.

I would follow what Nephilim said. Good job btw.
    Thanks for commenting.

I MADE IT.

Member tenzen has a reputation beyond repute tenzen has a reputation beyond repute tenzen has a reputation beyond repute tenzen has a reputation beyond repute tenzen has a reputation beyond repute tenzen has a reputation beyond repute tenzen has a reputation beyond repute tenzen has a reputation beyond repute tenzen has a reputation beyond repute tenzen has a reputation beyond repute tenzen has a reputation beyond repute tenzen's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-09-2011 08:40 PM
    Threads

You just have to work on making the sigs blend together a bit better. Other then that, it's a great start.

Requiem Angel Nephilim has a reputation beyond repute Nephilim has a reputation beyond repute Nephilim has a reputation beyond repute Nephilim has a reputation beyond repute Nephilim has a reputation beyond repute Nephilim has a reputation beyond repute Nephilim has a reputation beyond repute Nephilim has a reputation beyond repute Nephilim has a reputation beyond repute Nephilim has a reputation beyond repute Nephilim has a reputation beyond repute Nephilim's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

In GIMP 2 you have your sig and everything thing out, then depending on your settings on either your bottom most layer or your upper most layer, Click rectangle select tool, then create a square that surrounds the sig (it doesn't have to fit perfectly it can be biiger than the sig the outcome will be the same)

Right lick inside the sig and got to "Edit" on the little selection bar that comes from that hit "Stroke Selection..." from there just choose your settings and then hit "Stroke" and you have your basic border.

(I usually have my stroke setting to either 1.0 or 2.0 pixels and the color of it changes with the signature you can see examples in my sig thread here:

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=87470 )
    Last edited by Nephilim; 07-11-2009 at 11:20 PM.
    Sig and avy by me.

The Lines of Parallel parallelines has a reputation beyond repute parallelines has a reputation beyond repute parallelines has a reputation beyond repute parallelines has a reputation beyond repute parallelines has a reputation beyond repute parallelines has a reputation beyond repute parallelines has a reputation beyond repute parallelines has a reputation beyond repute parallelines has a reputation beyond repute parallelines has a reputation beyond repute parallelines has a reputation beyond repute parallelines's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2009 02:34 AM
    Threads

It's okay for beginner users of GIMP. And it's pretty cool. But i dislike the text. Really. No Offense. I really just hate it. But i know you can do better and i know that you would improve in making banners. That's why i believe you can make better signatures than others. :P. I like the Gengar banner by the way.

parallelines.

"this line parallels another line, which may or may not exist in a different world"

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by parallelines View Post
    It's okay for beginner users of GIMP. And it's pretty cool. But i dislike the text. Really. No Offense. I really just hate it. But i know you can do better and i know that you would improve in making banners. That's why i believe you can make better signatures than others. :P. I like the Gengar banner by the way.

parallelines.
    How do I get more text?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post
    In GIMP 2 you have your sig and everything thing out, then depending on your settings on either your bottom most layer or your upper most layer, Click rectangle select tool, then create a square that surrounds the sig (it doesn't have to fit perfectly it can be biiger than the sig the outcome will be the same)

Right lick inside the sig and got to "Edit" on the little selection bar that comes from that hit "Stroke Selection..." from there just choose your settings and then hit "Stroke" and you have your basic border.

(I usually have my stroke setting to either 1.0 or 2.0 pixels and the color of it changes with the signature you can see examples in my sig thread here:

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=87470 )
    Thanks again. This is another sig I just finished with border and all. Another question for anyone, how do I make the picture blend better. What do you do?

I MADE IT.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You're already getting better, but like your question points out the character is not blended, now for blending I use Pixia but I beleive there is a feathering tool you can use for it. Unfortunately I can't firgure out how to do that in GIMP on the spot like I did with the border, you might want to look up a tutorial or two in the editing tips and tutorial forum.

The latests sig again has a nice concept but this time there's too much going on, there is no flow the background flows against the lightning effects and the lightning there is too much of as well you want the character to be the focal point of the sig so usually you want to have things flowing towards them, in this case angle the lightning to look like it was striking towards him or even coming from him.
    Sig and avy by me.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

My newest I din't add text because I don't have any good style. *help appreciated*

I MADE IT.

AF's Messiah. The Second Coming. Jesu Christo. .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Heart Rainbow Ribbon Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2014 01:25 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sev121993 PSN ID: sev121993 Steam ID: sev121993

Quote Originally Posted by kei of the flame View Post
    How do I get more text?
    I get mine here.
    http://www.dafont.com/
    And if you don't already know, to add font to gimp is basically the same as adding brushes.

Another question for anyone, how do I make the picture blend better. What do you do?
    Here's an easy way to blend characters in.

First take the character layer and duplicate it.

Then take the duplicated layer (on top), go to filters, blur, and then gassien <-(Miss spelled) blur it at about 10-12, it will look like this.

Then take the blurred layer, and click the drop down box that says normal and change it to overlay.

And there you have it. You can also smudge the edges to make it blend in, but don't do it too much, or it might ruin it.
    Also another way to do the borders is to make a new layer on top, go to select, select all, then go to edit, stroke selection, and there you go. Basically the same, but you don't have to manually select where to stroke. Also you can select the same drop down box that says normal and change it to screen(I think, if that dosen't look right try to other ones). It makes the border layer blend in better.

Edit: Also, on your font, I recommend using arial, I use that for most of my sigs.
    Last edited by .Sev; 07-15-2009 at 11:36 PM.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Another for Rogue, Since the first looks like crap.

I think this is the best so far. I tried hard on this. I put the border like Nephilim said, I tried to make the character blend well, and got a better text thanks to Sev. So please comment and criticize.

I couldn't find anything else to do to it. comment and criticize.
    Last edited by kei of the flame; 07-19-2009 at 08:47 PM.

I MADE IT.

AF's Messiah. The Second Coming. Jesu Christo. .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Commenting on both sigs, I like the second one better.
    On the sonic sig, the background color does not match with the character render. I would desaturize the background and adjust the color a little bit. And the color off the border is sticking out. It matches, but it sticks out to me. And the render dosen't quite blend in. Remember when making a sig, you don't just want a render pasted over a background, you want to make it look like it belongs there. I would do what I mentioned in my other post, maybe smudge the edges a little as well, but be careful when smudging or you can ruin an otherwise good sig (For the future).
    Btw are you saving your sigs as jpg or png? Just so you know, you should probably save you sigs as png, not jpg. Jpg can slighty make your sigs not look as good as they can be.
    Second is the best you've made so far, but there is still some blending issues, and I can not tell very well what is going on in the bg. Good job with the text, it goes with the sig and is readable. I like the way the text is placed.
    You are really starting to improve, you've got to work more on blending, once you get that down your sigs will really improve.
    Hope I don't sound too critical, look forward to seeing more!

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Sev, I SUCK AT SMUDGING, so how do you do it effectively. Also, should I convert them into png?

Thank's everyone who commented, also anyone else who looks please comment.

I MADE IT.

Gil
    Dead
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by kei of the flame View Post
    Sev, I SUCK AT SMUDGING, so how do you do it effectively. Also, should I convert them into png?
    Practice. It isn't that hard once the get a feel for how you smudge. And if you didn't already know, make sure you use a circle fuzzy brush when smudging. Other ones usually do more than you want for the edges.
    And you don't have to convert the ones you already done into png, but for the future ones do png.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I want to make another sig, but I'm having kind of like a "writers block". Any ideas?

I MADE IT.

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

It happens to me. When it does, I just go in chat, and ask, or I just use Mario. You can never go wrong with Mario...

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'm back from my school dutys and have made another sig, this one is Jedah from Darkstalkers.

I like it because I haven't done one in a while and it feels good to have another go at it.

C/C (Comment/Criticise)

I MADE IT.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It's plain I know, but how did I do on the blending?

Even though it's plan please still C/C

I MADE IT.

Gil
    Dead
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Well, the blending is a little better, but look at the sig and tell me if the render looks like it was made with the bg. I am still mastering blending myself, so it isnt something you learn overnight. And it seems that you should have made the flow of the bg going with the flames on his back, but instead its going in all sorts of directions. And the way you positioned the render makes the other side look pretty empty. Also, the render has that pixelated look around most of it, dosent look very good. Thou it looks like you got a little of his head blended in, its not enough to really notice unless you look really close. And you may not have started working on this yet, but theres also no source of light.
    I would say work on flow of bg and blending, keep reading/watching tuts, and you'll have it down in no time.

Senior Member Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts 311 - Plusle 133 - Eevee Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-31-2014 03:25 AM
    Threads

It's plain I know, but how did I do on the blending?
    Around the render looks pixelated, I would work on that. (like sev said) because that makes the signature not look so great. It needs to be nice and clean. The main thing I would work on is blending, and also your text. Your text looks plain on the signatures, and I would add some effects to them.

I like your "Life is a" signature, But I think it would look better with a boarder. Like most of yours would.

Id like to see more from you.

Avie made by Wolley Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-21-2010 11:08 PM
    Threads

hmmmm for blending try using the feather tool, i think its simpler than smudging parts of the render. Also try using a cinematic border on ur sigs.

one question, where are u getting ur renders?

Quote Originally Posted by RaShayRitto View Post
    this thread made me facepalm so hard my hand went through my skull and grabbed the head of the person reading over my shoulder before ripping their head off and pulling it through the hole in my head.

Closed Thread

Thread Information