AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: DearS

Senior Member sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2009 05:43 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default DearS

So those of you that know me, or have read my blogs or anything know that I tend to watch anime in chunks. I'll watch a whole series in one night, another in two, another in one again, and so forth depending on the length of the series and my interest in it.

I've recently started watching a series called DearS, and I was wondering if anyone else had seen it and what your opinions on the show were. I personally started watching it because it started out as a Peach-Pit manga (that and I'm willing to watch anything recommended to me by Murasaki-san). I'm a sucker for Peach-Pit and CLAMP and all that stuff.

Also, if there are any others like this that you like, let me know!

One more thing, has anyone noticed a parallel between DearS and Chobits/Angelic Layer?
    Loli Rawk - It r teh blawg

Captain No Pants Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis Dr Who SonicScrewdriver
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-19-2014 11:02 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I've read DearS.
    I liked it, and I noticed it was a lot like Chobits as well.
    Of course, they're aliens, but it was still a lot alike.
    Although . . . I think I like Chobits more.

Senior Member sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I agree! I like DearS very much so far (I'm a little more than halfway through and will likely be finished before I get off my shift in twelve hours), but Chobits is very special to me. It touched me in a way that no other anime/manga has, and it holds great sentiment with my heart. DearS hasn't got the endearing feel that CHobits does, although I do still think it is very good. Maybe the feeling will grow once I get into the story a bit more.

Valkyrie Swordsman ShinNatsume has a reputation beyond repute ShinNatsume has a reputation beyond repute ShinNatsume has a reputation beyond repute ShinNatsume has a reputation beyond repute ShinNatsume has a reputation beyond repute ShinNatsume has a reputation beyond repute ShinNatsume has a reputation beyond repute ShinNatsume has a reputation beyond repute ShinNatsume has a reputation beyond repute ShinNatsume has a reputation beyond repute ShinNatsume has a reputation beyond repute ShinNatsume's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2009 11:52 AM
    Threads

oh dear i want to watch i dears

Im with the light who leads you out from the darkness

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It's really very good. I definately recommend it. ^^ Check my blog (http://lolirawk.atom5.com) in like four or five hours and there'll be a review up.

Senior Member Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-17-2009 03:22 AM
    Threads

DearS was an Anime that was severely lacking many important elements, I didn't like it. It's mostly fanservice and a slave-master relationship if you're into that kind of thing.

One of the most important reasons why: There's no character development in any of the characters.

In the Anime, Takeya's feelings towards Ren budge a little, but they end up not changing. He's the main character, but he acts like an a-hole.

He rejects her, but he is forced to take her in the final episode.

The second reason is: There's no plot. Everything was all a misunderstanding. No action in the story either.

Well, yeah, there was a plot. If I remember correctly, Ren is a DearS that escaped, but she doesn't have the knowledge that most other do. She is being chased so she can take the "instructional program" again. In the end, it is a matter if Takeya teaches her those necessary things or not. If he doesn't, then Ren leaves.

Takeya doesn't want to, but he is eventually encouraged to say "I am your master."

Other than that, the art is very good, but it looks a little choppy at times. Not as smooth as To Love Ru, but it's cleaner than Suzumiya Haruhi. Color choice is good, but there's not a lot of shading, so some of the characters look very 2D.

DearS is almost a full service Anime, at some point, it's almost a Hentai, =]

The night scene where Ren begins to strip, offering herself to Takeya. The first thing I thought was: "There's no way her お◯ぱい could not be showing. =]

Appearently, she wanted to "nurse him." I laughed.

Watch it if you're a sucker for slave/master relationships.

My DeviantArt Profile: GreenVirus on DeviantArt
    My Pxiv Profile: Japanese Art Site

[Graphic Design and CG Anime Artwork.]

Software: Photoshop/Flash CS4 & Paint Tool SAI

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

:O!

Okay, I came back to say "I take it back, I want to kill Xaki, and all those other punks." because the story endeared me. I got close to the characters and they all bloomed beautifully. Aaaand then I see Tsundere's post. -__-

Senior Member Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by sugoi-san View Post
    :O!

Okay, I came back to say "I take it back, I want to kill Xaki, and all those other punks." because the story endeared me. I got close to the characters and they all bloomed beautifully. Aaaand then I see Tsundere's post. -__-
    A tsundere can be rough at times. =]

To make it worse, the Anime is basically Chobits gone wrong. Hey, at least the teacher's hot. I don't remember ever having a teacher like that before. ;]

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

*shakefist* They both are amazing, you! I understand if you don't like it, but don't be insulting. ;___;

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

*shakefist* They both are amazing, you! I understand if you don't like it, but don't be insulting. ;___;
    I didn't mean to insult anybody... o_0

I'm a weinie AF! MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2009 01:46 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tsundere Works View Post
    I didn't mean to insult anybody... o_0
    But thats half the fun of life.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

X_______x'

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

X_______x'
    I lol'd =D

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Heh. I do that all the time. Sometimes I roffle, too.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Is it just me or did all our rep get killed? We were having a fun time.

The way I see it, it feels as if we were kicked out of a taxi for playing loud music and then being broadcast on the news.
    Last edited by Tsundere Works; 07-12-2009 at 02:51 AM.

I'm a weinie AF! MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC is infamous around these parts MercenaryMERC's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Some people are dumb like that. We were not hurting anyone, and I have seen worse go unpunished here so i did not think that some morons would do this to me. I mean really? They had to do it to all of us and we really did not do anything harmful?
    I think it is personal. They are german. XD
    No i really think the people that did this are just about the most senseless people I have met on here. That one Dio guy proved he just talks out of his butt on the yugioh thread. We are all new here and they could not give us a break? Are they retarded like vegeta too?
    Last edited by MercenaryMERC; 07-12-2009 at 02:04 AM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by MercenaryMERC View Post
    Some people are dumb like that. We were not hurting anyone, and I have seen worse go unpunished here so i did not think that some morons would do this to me. I mean really? They had to do it to all of us and we really did not do anything harmful?
    I think it is personal. They are german. XD
    No i really think the people that did this are just about the most senseless people I have met on here. That one Dio guy proved he just talks out of his butt on the yugioh thread. We are all new here and they could not give us a break? Are they retarded like vegeta too?
    I own a site. Bad rep does not reflect me as a person. My site does.

I don't need a foreign website to tell others who I am. I get tons of traffic daily, and only a fraction of it comes from this one.

I'm just going out of my way to have fun, that's all.

However, if something like this happens again, I'll leave. We're fine alone with our network, besides, trial period is almost over.

Back on the topic: Here's a guy who reviewed the Anime. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/dears-gn-1
    Last edited by Tsundere Works; 07-12-2009 at 02:53 AM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I plan to review it sometime here in the near future. It'll be on my shift tonight, so sometime in the next twelve hours. o.o

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

@Tsundere_works: Ya i will prolly leave too. I am starting to doubt the IQ of people on this site.
    @Lolicon: Cool Beans.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Oh, don't be all grumpy about it. You're being like them, you know. They may have said "What, that was his first chance? Let's burn him." But you're only giving them one, too. "What, they burned me once? I'm outtie."

Pointlessly #7D26CD Mrpurple has a reputation beyond repute Mrpurple has a reputation beyond repute Mrpurple has a reputation beyond repute Mrpurple has a reputation beyond repute Mrpurple has a reputation beyond repute Mrpurple has a reputation beyond repute Mrpurple has a reputation beyond repute Mrpurple has a reputation beyond repute Mrpurple has a reputation beyond repute Mrpurple has a reputation beyond repute Mrpurple has a reputation beyond repute Mrpurple's Avatar
    Gil
    Crappy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-07-2011 06:12 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tsundere Works View Post
    DearS was an Anime that was severely lacking many important elements, I didn't like it. It's mostly fanservice and a slave-master relationship if you're into that kind of thing.

One of the most important reasons why: There's no character development in any of the characters.

In the Anime, Takeya's feelings towards Ren budge a little, but they end up not changing. He's the main character, but he acts like an a-hole.

He rejects her, but he is forced to take her in the final episode.

The second reason is: There's no plot. Everything was all a misunderstanding. No action in the story either.

Well, yeah, there was a plot. If I remember correctly, Ren is a DearS that escaped, but she doesn't have the knowledge that most other do. She is being chased so she can take the "instructional program" again. In the end, it is a matter if Takeya teaches her those necessary things or not. If he doesn't, then Ren leaves.

Takeya doesn't want to, but he is eventually encouraged to say "I am your master."

Other than that, the art is very good, but it looks a little choppy at times. Not as smooth as To Love Ru, but it's cleaner than Suzumiya Haruhi. Color choice is good, but there's not a lot of shading, so some of the characters look very 2D.

DearS is almost a full service Anime, at some point, it's almost a Hentai, =]

The night scene where Ren begins to strip, offering herself to Takeya. The first thing I thought was: "There's no way her お◯ぱい could not be showing. =]

Appearently, she wanted to "nurse him." I laughed.

Watch it if you're a sucker for slave/master relationships.
    I dont know why you where hateing on the dears. I think it was an excellent anime yes there was a story line a and character development ect...In the end takeya was not forced to say that he was her master. Takeya just did not understand who the dears where and why the acted the way they did.

Closed Thread

Thread Information