AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Don't you think Faye was in love with Spike?

Junior Member Starshine has a brilliant future Starshine has a brilliant future Starshine has a brilliant future Starshine has a brilliant future Starshine has a brilliant future Starshine has a brilliant future Starshine has a brilliant future Starshine has a brilliant future Starshine has a brilliant future Starshine has a brilliant future Starshine has a brilliant future Starshine's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2008 04:19 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Don't you think Faye was in love with Spike?

I'm not sure if they should have gotten together. But I see a lot of people say they had no chemistry together, and I have to disagree. I think they had too MUCH chemistry. Perhaps they had too much of a fiery dynamic to ever be good together in a relationship. But they were totally into each other.

There is endless evidence of Faye liking Spike, anyway. Her crying when he goes to die, well you could say that's just because they're friends. She acts all tough, but a few times you see that she tries to keep Spike from doing stupid things and getting hurt. Despite her snide comments about him being a walking accident, she does stay by his side while he's unconscious. But the most overwhelming bit is the episode where Faye finds out about Julia. When she's in Jet's ship, on the way back to the Bebop, she asks who Julia is, and when Jet says she has some kind of hold on Spike, she looks really depressed. And later, when Ed is painting her nails, she randomly says "Julia", and when Ed asks, she says she was "just thinking about someone." I'm betting the someone here was Spike, not Julia. (Incidentally, I think her saying "Oh Ed, anything but blue." is prophetic; when Spike dies, the song playing is called "Blue". Or at least it's a symbolic with all the other times blue is mentioned.)

As for Spike, it's hard to say how he feels about Faye. He flirts a bit. When he says something about not coming back from his fight with Mad Pierot, he says "Just kidding. Would you rescue me if it were true?" in a taunting sort of voice.
    He knows how she feels.

Most of all though, in the last episode, before he leaves to fight Vicious, they have a telling moment. He tells her to look into his eyes, tells her about them... and when he says "I have to do it, Faye", I see in his eyes another unspoken statement: I know how you feel. If I wasn't so obsessed with this one thing, I could like you too. But I have to go now.

What do you think?

Please click on my eggs - don't let them die!

Member JudyT has a reputation beyond repute JudyT has a reputation beyond repute JudyT has a reputation beyond repute JudyT has a reputation beyond repute JudyT has a reputation beyond repute JudyT has a reputation beyond repute JudyT has a reputation beyond repute JudyT has a reputation beyond repute JudyT has a reputation beyond repute JudyT has a reputation beyond repute JudyT has a reputation beyond repute JudyT's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-02-2009 03:52 AM
    Threads

See i think they had a SMALL attraction, like you said i'm not sure if they should have gotten together.
    But i think that it was more friendship then anything. She knew deep down what he was going to do and it scared her. And i think Spike knew he wasn't going to come back so he told her about his eyes.

But either way the ending was brilliant. And out of Faye and Julia i would have chosen Spike to get with Faye, Julia just bugged me when ever she popped up my nose would crinkle at her. If Spike and Faye had a fling that would have been funny.

So (i'm rambling) i would say i think they implied that their was something between them but it was failed from the set off as they both knew it wouldn't develop as they both knew what was waiting for Spike. T_T
    Either he's dead or my watch has stopped O.o

Quote me as been miss quoted

DeviantART - judyT
    youtube - Princessofpink

Ellxeeva's Minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Luna Cake Lie Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-12-2014 12:59 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1596-5790-7816-3407

I don't think they were attracted to each other at all. It was more of a friendly relationship, at least that's what it seemed to me. That last seen also didn't give off any vibe that said he liked her or vice versa.
    If Minecraft had a Japanese intro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=H5qFZjuKet4

|Set made by Neukifly|

Super Saiyan Dango

Senior Member Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-05-2014 02:55 AM
    Threads

Yeah, I would tend to agree with the not much going on part.
    It's just My belief but I think they were quite platonic. When having working partners it is better that there is no relation.

The part where Faye was at his side when he was all bandaged, might have a little to do with the fact he had inadvertently saved her to get back at Vicious.

Maybe if there was no Julia on Spike's mind there would have been more to it.
    Maybe that 'chemistry' would have a chance
    I do recall Faye is sorta excited to see that Spike had come fore her in the chapel, but that may have disappeared when Spike takes out the guy who is using Faye as a shield.

I was always wondering if there was more a relation that could have came from Jet and her... I mean. She does end up back on his ship. Also they are the ones who are arguing with each other more, she beats poor Jet with gambling, taking all his stuff... I was just wondering.

I guess if there is any hope of a relation between them, it might have been at the end, where she does look viably upset that he is leaving the Bebop. then again, it was a strange little family they had created, and it was dissolving.
    Last edited by Funkgun; 01-05-2009 at 02:49 AM.
    Sure Wish I had a little dvd player on my forklift at work... no, wait, that would be dangerous.

STN-J Witch Hunter Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-03-2012 11:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Any otaku will tell you Spike loved ONLY Julia, and rightly so.
    320 years have passed since the coven sank into the dark

I may have been born in The United States, but running through my veins is 70,000% UK blood.

Here's something from my blog:
    http://www.animeforum.com/blog.php?1...y-Special-Blog

/v|;/|/|) `|`}{;(-'/-'' daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-09-2011 06:13 AM
    Threads

Yes, I think Faye was in love with Spike. But she only realized it too late. =/
    SMILE!

Junior Member Zenai_D'icess is on a distinguished road Zenai_D'icess's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-29-2009 03:58 PM
    Threads

I do think to some extent she was, because she couldn't have him, but Spike i don't think had the same feeling toward her
    ~))~:::Everything i'm not....Made me everything i am:::~((~

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 11:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Of course she was. Remember the last 5 minutes of The Real Folk Blues pt.1? That's why it was there.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Visage Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-28-2009 06:11 PM
    Threads

Well honestly , i think they both had small attractions of love going on between them. But i was never sure about this.
    Maybe she was really in love with him but it was too late to confess her love to him....nobody ever knew her true feelings
    Last edited by Necro'lic Enigma; 02-26-2009 at 05:26 AM.
    wish me luck for furture guys!!!!
    Thanks for everything!!!
    ^___^

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Teddie has a reputation beyond repute Teddie has a reputation beyond repute Teddie has a reputation beyond repute Teddie has a reputation beyond repute Teddie has a reputation beyond repute Teddie has a reputation beyond repute Teddie has a reputation beyond repute Teddie has a reputation beyond repute Teddie has a reputation beyond repute Teddie has a reputation beyond repute Teddie has a reputation beyond repute Teddie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-07-2009 08:29 PM
    Threads

Yup. Spike obviously showed his affection to Julia only.
    Faye was probably realizing her true feelings for Spike when she realized he was about to die out of her life. It's a awkward love triangle.
    Quote of the week:
    "Little things affect little minds."

Gam Zeh Ya'Avor loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2009 07:15 AM
    Threads

I, too, think Faye was in love with Spike. I don't think Spike loved her like that though. Contrary to many people's thoughts here, I think that in the end, he wasn't in love with Julia either (at the end of the series it was more like he had gotten over her and just wanted to set everything straight and finish off his past).

"This is the unalterable difference in strength, the distinction that separates the elite from the failure. This is the unchangeable reality."
    -Hyuga Neji-

Faded Existence Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts Favorite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-26-2013 03:44 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by loveyourfate View Post
    I, too, think Faye was in love with Spike. I don't think Spike loved her like that though. Contrary to many people's thoughts here, I think that in the end, he wasn't in love with Julia either (at the end of the series it was more like he had gotten over her and just wanted to set everything straight and finish off his past).

i agree. i think he was over julia by the end of the series. I also think that Faye-Faye was in love with Spike but spike didn't really think of her in that way. Who knows if he did maybe the series would have ended differently

Junior Member gokuson is infamous around these parts gokuson is infamous around these parts gokuson is infamous around these parts gokuson is infamous around these parts gokuson is infamous around these parts gokuson is infamous around these parts gokuson's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-13-2009 07:28 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by daft View Post
    Yes, I think Faye was in love with Spike. But she only realized it too late. =/
    yeah i agree, i noticed it on the last episode.

Senior Member mstrmnd48 has a reputation beyond repute mstrmnd48 has a reputation beyond repute mstrmnd48 has a reputation beyond repute mstrmnd48 has a reputation beyond repute mstrmnd48 has a reputation beyond repute mstrmnd48 has a reputation beyond repute mstrmnd48 has a reputation beyond repute mstrmnd48 has a reputation beyond repute mstrmnd48 has a reputation beyond repute mstrmnd48 has a reputation beyond repute mstrmnd48 has a reputation beyond repute mstrmnd48's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-04-2010 01:17 AM
    Threads

i don't think Faye was in love with Spike at all.

Senior Member tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2009 07:18 AM
    Threads

I have to say I agree with the consensus - Faye really fell for Spike bit by bit throughout the show, as you said this is especially seen in 'real folk blues pt.1'. Though IMO it was much funnier when their relationship was... professional at best, towards the start of the show.

As for Spike, he had no time for romantic love by the end, he was consumed with rage and fear over his past, never Faye or whoever else. He was already right on the edge of sanity outright, and Julia's death pushed him over the edge. If he felt anything for Faye at any stage, he couldnt in the end
    On that day, all female personelle under my command will be required to wear... Tiny Miniskirts!!!

Junior Member watchman is on a distinguished road watchman's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-21-2009 12:26 PM
    Threads

My take on it is that they both feel a physical attraction to each other. They're both attractive people after all. But I think beyond that, there isn't much. I think Faye's attempt to keep Spike from going off against Vicious shows more of a familial love than a sexual one. Faye doesn't have anyone in her life, so she wants to keep her 'brothers' around as long as possible.

Senior Member Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-28-2009 02:42 PM
    Threads

Yea, I think Faye loved him, but realized it too late. I'm not sure about Spike though, he may have known but was too obsessed with Julia to make anything of it. =/
    けんわかつのひと。

師ヲ出ダシテ未ダ捷タズ、身先ズ死ス。

Junior Member XxxScarlettxxX is on a distinguished road XxxScarlettxxX's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-09-2009 09:03 AM
    Threads

I wouldnt say that she loved him but she felt something for him,maybe she wanted him as she thought of getting him as a bit of a challenge as he was so in love with julia.

Junior Member IdleSniper is a jewel in the rough IdleSniper is a jewel in the rough IdleSniper is a jewel in the rough IdleSniper is a jewel in the rough IdleSniper's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-02-2009 09:14 PM
    Threads

Faye was definetely in love with him. She just didn't realize it on time. It would have been great for it to be so though. Love this anime!

Closed Thread

Thread Information