AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ascending Apathy, Righteous Tears

The Poet Sword Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2019 05:06 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Ascending Apathy, Righteous Tears

Tears which tear heaven asunder,
    Those which flood troy,
    A gentle breeze of humanity,
    From deep within the void

Those which we ignore
    Less intense when we don't care,
    Unforgiving we remain-
    Caught in apathy's snare

Under the current we wait
    and lay, our cares to waste
    all away, and degenerate
    Until we lose, logical reasons
    For careless boon, committing
    Hopeless human treason

And inside these shells we wait and wait
    And hope to God that religion is right
    To be proven wrong by science's stake
    'Less our souls be Satan's appetite

And through fear we conquer millions
    With chains of selfish gain,
    Under wonders, writhing in bars
    Of each and every childhood scar

Until the day the damned be free
    Devoted to votives misunderstood,
    We caress each other in apathy
    To this proverbial fire we add dry wood

And here we shall lay the bodies
    Of the young, to display our blunders
    A pittance sum, which is our empty
    sympathetic vows, to golden men
    And sacred cows, to which we hope find
    The piece of mind we all hope to gain

So when you see these tears
    True tears which assault the Gods
    Insulting revered deities
    Right into dirty trods

Remember these words and the world
    Which has lost it's gleaming shine,
    Pity be to those that cannot see
    A truth that seems so very blind
    Last edited by Tetsanosuke; 07-02-2009 at 11:00 AM.

Perhaps the world was never meant to make perfect sense.

Isolated ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR's Avatar
    Gil
    Suspicious
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-07-2016 12:12 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Long story short, you show the worry and sadness that erupts in each person. As always, I love your poems, unusual and hard to understand when just read, looking under its skin, you see the real meaning behind it. Keep writing, my friend. ^_^
    I am no more a rose than I am its thorns.
    No more a gentle breeze than I am the hailing storm.
    I am no more hated than I am loved.
    And I am no more heartfilled than I am heartless.
    This is who I am.
    ~ELR

Simple Truth CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2010 02:07 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

A deeply meaningful poem as always. I'd say it's your own brand, your own signature of poem. The poem was really quite good, a bit depressing though. Still, the reality itself is a bit harsh and depressing.

I like the title of your poem. It fits the poem quite perfectly. I especially like your ending stanza.
    Remember these words and the world
    Which has lost it's gleaming shine,
    Pity be to those that cannot see
    A truth that seems so very blind
    Though I would say, it is we who are blind not the truth. But it can be brought to a different sense in accordance to your poem. Also, check the 6th stanza, 2nd line. You might have over-looked something there in haste.

It's a deeply resounding poem. Well done !
    "To do is to be" - Descartes, "To be is to do" - Voltaire, "Do be do be do" - Sinatra.

NOTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY

The Poet Sword Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2019 05:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

As always I whole-heartedly take pleasure from people appreciating my work, and/or enjoying it.

As for the use of 's' on the end of [votive], as I'm assuming that spelling 'mistake' is what you're talking about Max- I felt the 's' was necessary to make the poem flow right.

Unless you are talking about something I cannot see on that line.

Ouh, this ambiguous world, lift me on wings of graveyard robbed leather! Hahah.

In any case, thank you both for the comments. ^^

Perhaps the world was never meant to make perfect sense.

Nanobyte's minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Luna Cake Lie Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2017 06:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1596-5790-7816-3407

Wow figuring your poetry is like trying to solve a Calculus problem. And then it turns out to be one of those problems with an answer of 1 or something. lol.

That was really imaginative, I received different images that blended together in each stanza. It's like I would picture the gods and an ancient city first, then after I would picture of hell and the fire. It's just soo deep. I like how you go into so much detail just to describe tears and their different meanings. It's true that sometimes people use tears to get sympathy and/or apathy. But your whole imagery about how young people are used for war to settle quarrels with the elderly was what really captivated me. Nice job.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information