AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Original Fiction: The Fabaclown

boopaloop! Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Xmas Tree Toast Present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2010 11:57 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Original Fiction: The Fabaclown

Opinionated walked up to his house late a night, after a happy evening. It was dark, and the clawing shadows of trees dying in the summer heat fell across the sidewalk, but those didn’t bother him. Those were normal. The door sticking a little was also normal. He took one last look outside before he shut the door behind him and locked it, the locking making a more echoing “THUNK” than usual.

As he turned around, he caught a faint whiff of something, something that didn’t belong in his house. It was that smell that hangs around old dolls and stuffed animals, whether you want to call it dust or memories, it smells of a bad kind of old. The kind of old that hangs around retirement homes, the really depressing kind where you look around and all you see is old folks waiting to die.

But as soon as he realized what the smell was, it was gone, and clean air was flowing by his nose again. He put the smell out of his head as he turned on a bare minimum of lights, just enough to make the house look slightly occupied. He tossed his luggage bag onto the sofa and started to head towards the bathroom, before freezing in his tracks.

He whirled around, facing across the living room into the dining area. There was a single chair set by the wall, for any extra guests. There was something in that chair. From here, it just looked like a dark mound, but it looked scary. He slowly made his way across the house, but by the time he got there, the mound was gone, vanished in the time it took him to blink. Then the banana started ringing.

Incredulous, he took a step over to the basket of fruit, pulling the ringing and vibrating banana off the bunch. Since it made as much sense as anything else, he held it to his ear and asked, “Hello?”

There was a sound of heavy breathing, and a gravelly yet cheerful voice on the other end began to speak, “Ring… ring… ring… banana phone…”

“How did you get this number?”

“I hunger…”

And then there was the sound of a banana being opened, and the line went dead. Opinionated stared at his banana for a few seconds before putting it back in the basket. For the two bananas to carry a signal, they would have to come from the same bunch… in his house…

Later that night, as he was changing out of the clothes of day, he heard the sounds of carpet being pulled and clawed at outside the closed door to his bedroom. The sounds grew louder and more insisted, before culminating in a sudden thud against his door. Though he knew it to be a temporary gesture, he locked the door, sliding furniture against it as he finished changing.

The lights were out. The only noises were the dull growl of the A/C and the rattle of the ceiling fan. Light only came in from the closed blinds, casting odd arrays of lit dots on Opinionated’s bedroom floor. Without realizing it, he was awake and staring at his ceiling, and he knew why. Lowering his gaze, he saw it sitting on the furniture barricading his door. The arrays played across it’s painted face and toothy, open grin. The line of lights seemed to distort the face further, making it look misaligned and even more obsessed. Every time he blinked, he opened it’s eyes to see it had moved closer, until it was sitting on his footboard, staring at him with that unblinking, unfeeling gaze. Did he dare to blink again? His eyes were starting to dry and itch, and a quiver was coming over his eyelids. But he could not turn his eyes from the clown’s, but even as he stared he knew he had to. His sight blurred, and instinct kicked in and snapped his eyelids shut.

And that was it.
    Last edited by Opinionated; 07-01-2009 at 03:24 AM.

All my Let's Plays can be found here!
    Currently LPing: Rome Total War:
    Latest Update:
    Chapter 3: The Last King of Carthage.
    Start from the beginning:
    Chapter 1: Sicily Unified.

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2013 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Okay seriously, did you have to post the clown picture? Because I couldn't even start to read the story because clowns freak me out. Why, oh why, did you have to post a clown picture before the story, so now that when I close my eyes to sleep at night, I will see that behind my eyelids, and wake screaming.
    making emo kids[/URL] cry since 1998

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

My side hurts. MY SIDE HURTS.

Best. Fic. EVER

By the way, it never said that Opinionated went to the bathroom. Did the pure horror of the banana conversation scare it out of him, or was in between the 'later that night' bit?

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

o____o Five stars! *applauds*

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Senior Member Nanukana has a reputation beyond repute Nanukana has a reputation beyond repute Nanukana has a reputation beyond repute Nanukana has a reputation beyond repute Nanukana has a reputation beyond repute Nanukana has a reputation beyond repute Nanukana has a reputation beyond repute Nanukana has a reputation beyond repute Nanukana has a reputation beyond repute Nanukana has a reputation beyond repute Nanukana has a reputation beyond repute Nanukana's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-31-2010 04:36 PM
    Threads

That was an awesome story. It was so cool because every time I started to get into the suspence something halarious happens and I don't know weather to laugh or to be looking behind my back every 5 seconds to make sure I don't get stabbed. It was amazing...

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I love it. I love that that clown was able to inspire as much creativity as it has. It should be noted that Kie_D_K is to be given credit for the banana phone image, with which this story seems to have launched itself.

Fabaclown...now with banana phone goodness!

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

I just reread this...amazing. =D

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Rising Falcon! Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Present Gurren Kamina Glasses
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2017 11:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ErraticKyosuke

Ok I admit it! I fell off my chair reading this.
    I now know what hell sounds like; I recommend a tactical nuclear strike on my position. Tell my family I love them.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information