AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: First Case of AIDS/HIV Cure

Cherubim Delight 4 All Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2010 11:49 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default First Case of AIDS/HIV Cure

http://www.baldwincountynow.com/arti...1598814432.txt

One step closer to getting rid of my biggest fear.

What you guys think?
    Last edited by Seta Souji; 06-29-2009 at 05:05 PM.

Senior Member Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2011 12:15 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That's fantastic if it's true. I know they've had some great advances in how they target the virus in the last couple years.

Maybe they want to be 100% sure before they make a big deal of it?

boopaloop! None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Xmas Tree Lamborghini Grapes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-01-2011 03:21 AM
    Threads

Knew that : http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7726118.stm
    http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...hlight=charite

Also, as a student who is in close contacts to that university hospital: *Charité not Charity.

Celestial Aria Seraphim SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-03-2009 09:50 AM
    Among other seraphims in the celestral plains singing arias of great splendor.
    Threads

WOW!!!!!!!

This is definitely the thread of the day!!!!

Sorry Hawk, I didn't catch you thread earilier.

boopaloop! None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by SeraphimAriaRhapsody View Post
    If you can, find cnn or well known news source, be sure to post it as well.
    BBC ain't enough for you? Look at the previous post.

Cherubim Delight 4 All Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by SeraphimAriaRhapsody View Post
    If you can, find second cnn or well known news source, be sure to post it as well.
    I heard its barely getting any publicity because its kind of embarrassing that America spends so much money on research and this 'accident' happened at a local clinic. Its real though.

Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2010 01:32 AM
    Threads

Um... CNN isn't considered a great source for news due to bias and silliness on their part with their broadcasting. BBC, however, is. (In fact, in my college writing class my professor had to emphasize that BBC was okay as a "core" source but CNN, MSNBC, FOX News are not.) Just 'cause a popular network didn't report on something doesn't make it not real.

NE HU

HIV is terrifying to me. Seriously - it's such a basic, little virus, but what it does is so horrific. I like studying statistics on it and whatnot (wrote a not-as-good-as-it-shoulda-been paper on it last quarter) but really thinking about what it does in a non-studious way is frightening. I can't imagine the feeling of horror someone has when they find out they are HIV+. I know that people who live with it today have a very good chance of living into their old age if they have access to the medications.

On that note - I interviewed someone with HIV for the paper via e-mail. I asked him how much the meds cost - without insurance it's a few thousand a month. But HIV meds are 20-50 times cheaper than street illegal drugs on the black market.
    This post has been approved by Dancing Alec™

Gil
    Stressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by alextchon View Post
    I heard its barely getting any publicity because its kind of embarrassing that America spends so much money on research and this 'accident' happened at a local clinic. Its real though.
    One answer 'Lulz'.
    It is not a local clinic, but the largest universitary hospital in Europe, held by the 2 biggest universities of Berlin.

Even Robert Koch, winner of the Nobel Price in Medecine, who isolated the Tuberculosis bacteria, taught there.

Again, read the bbc-link I posted.
    The mutation appears at every 1000th human. It is a one case only. Try and pass a legislation to be able to clone bone marrow, and then you'll have your universal cure.
    Last edited by None of the above; 06-29-2009 at 05:58 PM.

Her nickname at age 11. Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2010 05:44 PM
    Threads

HIV is only transmitted through... "it", right?
    Still, this is a great topic. I hope that there's going to be a breakthrough soon.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkatex View Post
    One answer 'Lulz'.
    It is not a local clinic, but the largest universitary hospital in Europe, held by the 2 biggest universities of Berlin.

Even Robert Koch, winner of the Nobel Price in Medecine, who isolated the Tuberculosis, taught there.

Again, read the bbc-link I posted.
    The mutation appears at every 1000th human. It is a one case only. Try and pass a legislation to be able to clone bone marrow, and then you'll have your universal cure.
    My bads.

And no it can be caught through other methods besides sex. Sharing needles and blood. I heard it IS possible through kissing but you have to have consumed like a bucket full of saliva and still its a very low chance.
    Last edited by Seta Souji; 06-29-2009 at 06:01 PM.

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

CNN is the governments b boy. I never believe anything they say, even when they told me MJ was dead.

Sounds great and all, but I don't believe in it until a full on experiment is carried out with controlled variables and such.

Senior Member Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker has a reputation beyond repute Lordwindowlicker's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-13-2009 05:54 AM
    Threads

Your biggest fear? It's so easily preventable.

My Rate Your Music Page
    PSN: Lordwindowlicker XBL: Lwindowlicker Steam: Lordwindowlicker

Kid, pick up with another, some will even drop you, but hearts are built like rubber, so you'll be alright.

Pegasus Saint Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu Bleach Ichigo Mask 006 - Charizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-11-2015 08:58 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MauPerU

Im pretty sure they already have a cure for aids and cancer, they just dont make it public.

Senior Member sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Ariel Fox Snowman
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2019 01:15 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: pppascal

Quote Originally Posted by Reniti View Post
    HIV is only transmitted through... "it", right?
    No, it can also be passed on by sharing needles with an infected person. In rare cases, someone can be infected by being born to a mother with HIV. Someone can also be infected by blood transfusions (though that only happens to a small number of people).

Isolated ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR's Avatar
    Gil
    Suspicious
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-07-2016 12:12 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Even if it is from any of those, people are still getting HIV/AIDs, some by choice and others not. The sooner they finish it or find a way to dullen it permantly or temporarily for a long while until they can find a way, the better, I say.
    I am no more a rose than I am its thorns.
    No more a gentle breeze than I am the hailing storm.
    I am no more hated than I am loved.
    And I am no more heartfilled than I am heartless.
    This is who I am.
    ~ELR

Senior Member kajikun16 has a reputation beyond repute kajikun16 has a reputation beyond repute kajikun16 has a reputation beyond repute kajikun16 has a reputation beyond repute kajikun16 has a reputation beyond repute kajikun16 has a reputation beyond repute kajikun16 has a reputation beyond repute kajikun16 has a reputation beyond repute kajikun16 has a reputation beyond repute kajikun16 has a reputation beyond repute kajikun16 has a reputation beyond repute kajikun16's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-09-2011 03:26 AM
    Threads

that's a great news it would make them hope longer and not to give up on life

Simple Truth CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2010 02:07 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I guess one of the reason it didn't get much publicity is that, it's not practically affordable or it's very risky at the moment, as mentioned. This gene therapy may not give the satisfying results for the vast majority of infected who are not well-off as it may become too expensive. So maybe, they want to avoid any kind of disparity for the moment. And there's always a chance that it may not be practically available for safe treatment of the infected. I guess the authorities are just biding their time to see if it can really become a true hope for cure and not just a false hope for infected people.

But if it does become practically available for cure, then one less dangerous disease to be afraid of. Let's just wait and see...
    "To do is to be" - Descartes, "To be is to do" - Voltaire, "Do be do be do" - Sinatra.

NOTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY

The Original Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Moon Crystal Locket Witch Hat Rainbow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2021 10:51 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You know. HIV is a very terrifying disease. HOWEVER, the individuals who carry this virus, are NOT. They are still your average person, who live their lives just like the rest of us. I personally do not have it, but I do have a few close friends that are HIV+, and I still love them. The virus cannot be transferred through saliva, tears, sweat, or urine. There have been no cases of infection via these fluids.

The only fluids that HIV is found are the following:

Semen
    Pre-ejaculation
    Breast Milk
    Blood
    Mucus (found in anal canal)

I am very happy they "may" have found a cure. This disease is terrible once it's morphed into AIDS.

Senior Member Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2011 05:06 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: dragofgravity

Really, they "might" have a cure for HIV/AIDS. I don't know what to say but I'll live my love life now with less fear thats for sure

Closed Thread

Thread Information