AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Original Fiction: It Started With A homemade card: Chapter 6

POLITE AND OCCASIONALLY ANGRY ABOUT STUFF Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2015 11:56 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Original Fiction: It Started With A homemade card: Chapter 6

Hey. I'm writing 1 last chapter for a fiction of mine on Fictionpress.com. I'm choosing to preview it here first. WARNING: Romance.

The last 9 months had passed in a blur. Christmas had come and gone, and I and Jade started our education at TAFE. Nothing had really changed. Well, Jade had. She had gone from gentle and caring to raging. I seriously was not expecting that. Just a few days ago she accidently blugeoned me in the head.
    Anyway, today was our free day, so we decided to go have lunch. It had been so long since we had just talked. We met in a small cafe on the edge of town. We had been coming to this little cafe for awhile now, and we considered it our haven, our safe place where nothing could disturb us. We picked a table outside.
    We discussed the week so far. A guy named Cole had been using the woodwork room and his hair got in the way of a drill. The next time we saw him half his scalp was missing. Jade was halfway through describing what a new friend of hers had done when she suddenly stopped.
    "Jade, are you all right?" I asked, panic lacing my voice. In a quiet voice, she stuttered "I... I think my waters just broke." Panic tore through me. A friend had given us a ride and the hospital was on the other side of town. Quickly, I tore into the cafe. "Someone call an ambulance, my girlfriend's giving birth!" I screamed.
    The owners scrambled, looking for a phone. I went to get Jade and found, to my horror, her contractions had started. I ran next to her. She grabbed my hand and squeezed. Hard. I nearly screamed as her hand tightened like a vice around mine. She panted as I whispered sweet words into her ear.
    As her contractions got more frequent, her grip tightened. Suddenly I heard a siren coming from town. They arrived seconds later. As they lifted her onto a stretcher, I heard a crack and an immense ammount of pain. With a short scream, I climbed into the back of the ambulance with her.
    During the whole trip, Jade was mainly calm, apart from the occasional scream. I sat there whispering encouragement in her ear in shock. I couldn't believe this was happening. The due date was a week early! Aiaah! I thought. Suddenly, the sirens stopped. We had finally arrived.
    They got her into a wheelchair and raced her into the maternity ward. I raced after her, but was stopped. I saw her disappear around the corner and I stopped. Suddenly, the pain in my fingers started to worsen. I doubled over and screamed. I was taken to an x-ray theatre where I soon blacked out.
    I was awoken by an old doctor in a brilliantly white coat. One of my fingers was broken and another was fractured. They had wrapped my fingers in a bandage. I had apparently slept through it all. I left the room and started to go towards the exit, but then I remembered: Jade!
    As I slid around a corner, i wondered how everything went with the birth. Before i could actually imagine the outcomes, I saw a large, black sign that read Maternity Ward. I'd made it! I went up to the desk. "Hey, i'm here to see a Ms Woods." I said. The nurse's face instantly paled. "Right this way sir." She said quietly.
    She led me to a room at the far end of the ward. I went in and was immedietly horrified. She was unconscious and had tubes coming out of her body nearly everywhere. The nurse put her hand on my sholder. "Jade had difficulties giving birth." She squeaked. "Oh no... You don't mean..." I stuttered.
    "The baby is slightly harmed, but will make it." The nurse said, looking through her notes. "But Jade only has a slim chance of surviving."
    My heart broke.
    I stayed by her side every single day for a week. Every day praying for Jade to wake up. Nothing happened. Nothing at all.
    Finally, I accepted nothing was going to happen. With a heavy heart, I got up and started to leave. But as I put my hands in my pocket, I felt a piece of paper. Pulling it out, I realised this was the poem I wrote for her that I was going to read to her on her birthday. Reading over the lines, I remembered the good times we had.
    My eyes lit up. There was no guarentee this would work, but I was desperate. I went up to her and read her final poem:
    Jade. A beautiful jewel.

It is beautiful, yet tough

It can stand through anything

It reminds me of you.

I folded the paper and placed it on her heart and bent down and kissed her cheek. With the last of my willpower, I whispered in her ear "Please wake up. Please." And as I left, I looked back at her. But what I saw stopped me in my tracks. Jade stirred.
    I quickly called the nurse who came rushing in. When she saw Jade stirring she gasped. "...Impossible..." is all she could say. Soon an entire army of doctors swarmed in and pushed me out. Still in shock, all I did was sit down and hope Jade would make it through.
    I must of fallen asleep, because the next thing i know the nurse was shaking me awake. Groggily i opened my eyes and was nearly blinded by the sunlight from a window across the room. "Sir, we have great news!" She cried before getting my arm and yanking me up. As she pulled me into Jade's room, I woke up immedietly.
    Jade was awake! She looked up at me and smiled. She looked back down and my eyes followed. She was holding our child. It was wrapped in a white blanket and had a tuft of soft, brown hair.
    I quickly ran across the room and kissed Jade. After we broke apart, she said softly "...

And that's all i got. If you want, you can post what gender you want the baby to be. If male prevails, i'll name it after my real name. If it's a girl, i'll name it Kayleigh.

Member Avasion has a reputation beyond repute Avasion has a reputation beyond repute Avasion has a reputation beyond repute Avasion has a reputation beyond repute Avasion has a reputation beyond repute Avasion has a reputation beyond repute Avasion has a reputation beyond repute Avasion has a reputation beyond repute Avasion has a reputation beyond repute Avasion has a reputation beyond repute Avasion has a reputation beyond repute Avasion's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-29-2009 03:19 PM
    Threads

aww that was such a nice first part of a story great job and for the baby i would go with a guy.

Junior Member fedrikwhite is on a distinguished road fedrikwhite's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-03-2009 06:23 AM
    Threads

"The process of finding a replacement for our existing system has included a four month 'fit-gap' analysis, which has involved examining our technical

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information