AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: old Tux Kamen wallpaper

bad ideas are not enough FirebornX is a jewel in the rough FirebornX is a jewel in the rough FirebornX is a jewel in the rough FirebornX's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2010 01:39 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Post old Tux Kamen wallpaper

I made this a while back for a friendly wallpaper contest. Any sailormoon fans still lurking out there? The series isn't my fave by a long shot, but I still have a soft spot for the whole usagi / mamoru relationship.

Hi-res so you can use your fave image manip prog to scale it down to your desktop's size.

Let me know if you like it

:Edit:
    Because reading the FAQ is good x_x (I should know better) I removed the deviant art link and attached the wallpaper directly
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tuxedo_Kamen_desktop_by_FirebornX.jpg‎
Views:	93
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	25363  
    Last edited by FirebornX; 06-25-2009 at 12:19 AM. Reason: because I have a slight mental malfunction of the stupid variety

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Well other than vector the image, you havent done much of anything to this one. No blending, no very note worthy color or effects that make this one shine above the crowd.

Pull out some more effect maybe? I just dont really like the simplicity.

bad ideas are not enough FirebornX is a jewel in the rough FirebornX is a jewel in the rough FirebornX is a jewel in the rough FirebornX's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2010 01:39 AM
    Threads

Well truth be told I didn't think a bunch of effects was necessary for this one.

Star crossed lovers and her being almost like a constellation or a thought in his mind.

In my mind effects aren't necessary to convey the point, I think if I added anything to it it would probably end up looking like the effect was just thrown in there.

The only thing I would have done differently if I were to do it over would be to actually draw them myself, and perhaps have tux looking up toward the sky and sailormoon reclining on the moon somewhat like one of Naoko's art book pieces...

If you would have created it, give me an example of what you would have done to spice it up? It may help me with whatever I do next time.

º Go┼hic Queen º WinterFall has a reputation beyond repute WinterFall has a reputation beyond repute WinterFall has a reputation beyond repute WinterFall has a reputation beyond repute WinterFall has a reputation beyond repute WinterFall has a reputation beyond repute WinterFall has a reputation beyond repute WinterFall has a reputation beyond repute WinterFall has a reputation beyond repute WinterFall has a reputation beyond repute WinterFall has a reputation beyond repute WinterFall's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-19-2010 09:43 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

just my opinion, but i think it looked more "just thrown together" with the absence of effects. more realistic stars, muted night clouds and adding some glowing lines will still achieve the dreamlike and star-crossed lovers theme that you want to convey. also, i think its better to lower the opacity of usagi than to just turn her blue altogether. there's a very thin line between simplicity and just being too bare. hope this helps.

Let the beauty we love be what we do. ~Rumi ~

sometimes known as ladyjura. but please keep it to yourself.

Thank you for the support! <3

Senior Member Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pokedex 025 - Pikachu
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2012 01:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Nice wallpaper, though it could use some more effects to make it even better looking. Though it is a very good start.
    Gero Server Guru

Closed Thread

Thread Information