AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Adoption

My love has come. Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2010 10:44 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2370 0071 2517 5181

Default Adoption

I was wondering what your thoughts were on Adoption. I have a very strong opinion on adoption. I would really like to adopt when I get to a certain age where I'm ready for children. I feel as though our world is bringing in more people than we are dieing off. Our world is over populating and people are having more children, but we are not taking care of the ones that are already on this earth. I think people should think of adoption before they bring someone new into the world. I'm not saying that if your having kids then your a horrible person for not adopting. This is only my opinion, I'm not trashing anyone who is pregnant or is planning to have their own kids.

What is your opinion on adoption?

Funny how? Funny like a clown? Do I amuse you?

Senior Member Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Candlejack Xmas Bear2 Jack O Lantern
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2011 12:09 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

My father was adopted into a family that turned out to be much better than his biological one (we've met some of them now, and wow), so I see no issue with it and fully support it.

~ Aura ~ Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-10-2010 02:48 PM
    Threads

I do not want children.

But I've always said that if for some strange reason I ever changed my mind, I'd definitely adopt a child.

There are already thousands of orphans out there, why make a baby when I can just go pick one up and save myself the agony of child birth.
    ~ Aura ~

"If you are near to the dark
    I will tell you 'bout the sun
    You are here, no escape
    From my visions of the world
    You will cry all alone
    But it does not mean a thing to me ..."

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't adopt. There's something about taking care of someone else's kids that wouldn't feel right. I think alot of it would have to do with the fact the kid can say "YOU'RE NOT MY FATHER!" at any moment and not respect me.

My love has come. Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Legend of the Twilight View Post
    There are already thousands of orphans out there, why make a baby when I can just go pick one up and save myself the agony of child birth.

I think before we put more children on this earth, we should take care of the children that are already on it. Its not that I don't want a child of my own, its that I just would like to help a child that has practically nothing.

Jumonji Baka Kawaii IV
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2009 09:27 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Hello, Mr. Diocletian View Post
    I wouldn't adopt. There's something about taking care of someone else's kids that wouldn't feel right. I think alot of it would have to do with the fact the kid can say "YOU'RE NOT MY FATHER!" at any moment and not respect me.
    I completely agree, which is why I'd rather be a foster parent. Kids get thrown around from house to house and some are abusive. I want to be at least one more family that is not abusive and is really loving. HOWEVER, on the downside, I could get some punk who just hated the world and did their best to make my life hell.

Thus, I choose not to have anything to do with children at all.

深く根ざした||傷は消えない
    Hide it, Hide it, Hide me

Member k-kid has a reputation beyond repute k-kid has a reputation beyond repute k-kid has a reputation beyond repute k-kid has a reputation beyond repute k-kid has a reputation beyond repute k-kid has a reputation beyond repute k-kid has a reputation beyond repute k-kid has a reputation beyond repute k-kid has a reputation beyond repute k-kid has a reputation beyond repute k-kid has a reputation beyond repute k-kid's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2009 11:56 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: Mario!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_86 View Post
    I was wondering what your thoughts were on Adoption. I have a very strong opinion on adoption. I would really like to adopt when I get to a certain age where I'm ready for children. I feel as though our world is bringing in more people than we are dieing off. Our world is over populating and people are having more children, but we are not taking care of the ones that are already on this earth. I think people should think of adoption before they bring someone new into the world. I'm not saying that if your having kids then your a horrible person for not adopting. This is only my opinion, I'm not trashing anyone who is pregnant or is planning to have their own kids.

What is your opinion on adoption?

Well, I share your opinion.

Really, we should have some(call me crazy scientist!)way of controlling global population. Or, rather people should just be more responsible.
    I mean, what ever happened to two children is enough?
    I remember seeing that lady who had like twelve children due to artificial insemination and couldn't afford to take care of them without begging for money from the US.

I'd prefer non-parents opting to have a child should adopt an orphan.

I mean, the worst case scenario would be the Government having to kill all of the orphans to reduce population or orphans turning into terrorists and performing covert strikes and suicide bombings....

Or we could, like, sell them as slaves.
    Especially because we are in recession.

I think the South would be the most, dare I say, enthusiastic about this idea.

Well peeps, Bruno is out. So go and either download a rip or buy a copy.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Okay but define parent. A loving person who takes care of an child for a numerous amount of years. Makes sure their happy, gives them what they need and more. Possibly someone who would risk their life for a child. Just because you didn't birth the child or be part of the birthing, does not mean you are not the parent. Anyone can be a parent, you just have to put down the rules for the child.

Nanobyte's minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Luna Cake Lie Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2017 06:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1596-5790-7816-3407

I would only consider adoption if I'm not able to have my own. I know that there are already kids out there that we could adopt but that doesn't mean that I should give up the choice of having my own.

Simple Truth CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2010 02:07 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I do not want children.

But I've always said that if for some strange reason I ever changed my mind, I'd definitely adopt a child.

I always thought giving birth to your own child is one of the most proudest achivement for a woman to have, regardless of how much pain one has to endure. But I guess, people's opinion change with time...

I think before we put more children on this earth, we should take care of the children that are already on it. Its not that I don't want a child of my own, its that I just would like to help a child that has practically nothing.
    That's really an admirable resolution you have, I'd say. But still, not everyone can opt for a social work especially when it concerns your own family structure. Besides, there would always be some emptyness inside of not being able to have kids of your own blood to carry on your legacy.

I personally would not adopt one as I myself would not know how to handle and explain the child as he/she grows up. Things might get complicated and uneasy towards the end.
    "To do is to be" - Descartes, "To be is to do" - Voltaire, "Do be do be do" - Sinatra.

NOTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Okay but define parent. A loving person who takes care of an child for a numerous amount of years. Makes sure their happy, gives them what they need and more. Possibly someone who would risk their life for a child. Just because you didn't birth the child or be part of the birthing, does not mean you are not the parent. Anyone can be a parent, you just have to put down the rules for the child.
    I wouldn't know. I don't come from a very "traditional" family, but I define parent as someone who made you. You know, the people that gave you those two X chromosomes and those y chromosomes?

Plus, how do you think the kid reacts when he finds out the people who raised him aren't his real parents?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I wouldn't know. I don't come from a very "traditional" family, but I define parent as someone who made you. You know, the people that gave you those two X chromosomes and those y chromosomes?

Plus, how do you think the kid reacts when he finds out the people who raised him aren't his real parents?
    I agree that it will be hard once the kid grows up to find out I'm not his birth parent. But I think as the time comes ill find out what I need to do. I also thought of adopting a sibling couple. I think of adopting a sibling couple because I think it would be more comfortable for the kid to have someone he/she knows.

Old and Cranky Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2009 11:44 PM
    Threads

That's what you tell the kid, that you aren't his/her real parents. Never lie to him. Never hide anything from him/her.
    I think I will adopt a child as well. I think it would be the better way to go. I mean I understand what Mr. Dio is saying though. Once the child realizes you aren't his real parents the kid uses that as ammo against you if you and the child have a fight.

Wedding is in October. And I'm going to be a dad. Super excited.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Rem Nightfall View Post
    That's what you tell the kid, that you aren't his/her real parents. Never lie to him. Never hide anything from him/her.
    I think I will adopt a child as well. I think it would be the better way to go. I mean I understand what Mr. Dio is saying though. Once the child realizes you aren't his real parents the kid uses that as ammo against you if you and the child have a fight.
    I totally agree with what you have to say. Don't lie to the kid and never hide anything from them. Just be kinda up front about it in a very nice way.

I understand where some people are coming from about not adopting, I'm not saying if you don't adopt that you don't care and your a horrible person for not adopting. Its your choice and your opinion.

~ Aura ~ Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by lone_Sannin View Post
    I always thought giving birth to your own child is one of the most proudest achivement for a woman to have, regardless of how much pain one has to endure. But I guess, people's opinion change with time...

Why? I don't understand how that's an achievement to be admired but not adopting a child. I really see no difference other than one is much more physically painful than the other.

If all those who are against adopting are against it just because of blood and genetics, let me tell you, sharing DNA with someone doesn't make you family in the slightest. There's many people I'm related to that aren't family to me. They might as well be dead for all I care about them.

Family, to me, is more of a feeling and connection than a physical thing. If someone loves and cares for you in a motherly/fatherly way and provides food and shelter for you then they're a parental figure ... even if they didn't provide the x and y chromosomes. -.-
    ~ Aura ~

You are here, no escape
    You will cry all alone

Simple Truth CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Why? I don't understand how that's an achievement to be admired but not adopting a child. I really see no difference other than one is much more physically painful than the other.

If all those who are against adopting are against it just because of blood and genetics, let me tell you, sharing DNA with someone doesn't make you family in the slightest. There's many people I'm related to that aren't family to me. They might as well be dead for all I care about them.

Family, to me, is more of a feeling and connection than a physical thing. If someone loves and cares for you in a motherly/fatherly way and provides food and shelter for you then they're a parental figure ... even if they didn't provide the x and y chromosomes. -.-

But it is one of the most vital biological achivement for a woman to have. You have the power to give birth to a completely new life. You knowingly endure pain for something so precious. Isn't that praise-worthy? I certainly think it is.

But, I'm certainly not saying adopting a child is any easy job either. Raising your own biological kid as well as an adopted one are equally difficult tasks for parents to have.

As for regarding family, yes, I agree with you. It's not about your origin that matters, it's the love, care, respect and virtues that you share in your family that makes you it's member.

I was just surprised that you mentioned:
    save myself the agony of child birth.
    which might imply for you taking child birth as a burden or a nuisance.
    "To do is to be" - Descartes, "To be is to do" - Voltaire, "Do be do be do" - Sinatra.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

But it is one of the most vital biological achivement for a woman to have. You have the power to give birth to a completely new life. You knowingly endure pain for something so precious. Isn't that praise-worthy? I certainly think it is.

I agree its an amazing thing for a woman to give birth to a new life, but giving birth to a child does not make you the parent. Just means you had sexual relations with another human being and that was the end result. A parent is way more than just a person who gives birth to you. For any woman who gives birth to a child probably thinks how amazing it is, but what about the 100,000 orphans in the u.s. alone that were given birth to and do to certain circumstances were given up for adoption?

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It's a good thing. The more people who adopt, the fewer people who make new babies. The world is crowded as it is, no need to make more people. We would be a lot better of if we shed a few billion hungry mouths.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Old and Cranky Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I think I have the best option. Like we neuter and spay cats and dogs. We should start doing that to people.

Member k-kid has a reputation beyond repute k-kid has a reputation beyond repute k-kid has a reputation beyond repute k-kid has a reputation beyond repute k-kid has a reputation beyond repute k-kid has a reputation beyond repute k-kid has a reputation beyond repute k-kid has a reputation beyond repute k-kid has a reputation beyond repute k-kid has a reputation beyond repute k-kid has a reputation beyond repute k-kid's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2009 11:56 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: Mario!

I think I have the best option. Like we neuter and spay cats and dogs. We should start doing that to people.
    I think that might be too radical.
    (suddenly I become infamous)
    Last edited by k-kid; 06-20-2009 at 01:32 PM.
    Well peeps, Bruno is out. So go and either download a rip or buy a copy.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by k-kid View Post
    I was just joking.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by k-kid View Post
    Edit: Internet was freaking out.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I agree its an amazing thing for a woman to give birth to a new life, but giving birth to a child does not make you the parent. Just means you had sexual relations with another human being and that was the end result. A parent is way more than just a person who gives birth to you. For any woman who gives birth to a child probably thinks how amazing it is, but what about the 100,000 orphans in the u.s. alone that were given birth to and do to certain circumstances were given up for adoption?
    So, should all other women give up their their most admirable biological right just because some irresponsible people drop their kids at the orphanage? Not all people can be as big-hearted as some can be. Though, I agree with what you said regarding parents.

You certainly wouldn't want this to happen as inThe Children of Men , would you???

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

which might imply for you taking child birth as a burden or a nuisance.
    Well, lets see, 9 months of dealing with my body changing, mood swings, weird cravings, the preparations, and constantly worrying about the baby's condition.

Then the big finale is getting to be in pain four hours just before pushing a human being out of a small hole on my body. If it wasn't for the fact that a human skull was so big and hard, it wouldn't be such a big deal.

I get that being able to produce life seems amazing, but it just doesn't really amaze me personally. Life is produced all the time just as it is taken away all the time.

I think for most humans it is an instinct to want to reproduce. Maybe I'm just a weirdo but I have no desire what so ever to reproduce.
    ~ Aura ~

You are here, no escape
    You will cry all alone

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You certainly wouldn't want this to happen as inThe Children of Men , would you???
    hahahaahahahaa. Nah man. It was purely for humorous reasons.

Closed Thread

Thread Information